What's the best "Let's Play" series or player you know?

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

It's the darndest thing. I've found I can actually get an almost equal amount of enjoyment out of watching other people play games on the internet as I can just playing them myself. I've just been going through a few on Youtube, but I was wondering if anyone here knows any good series of Let's Play videos to watch, or knows someone who makes watching them really entertaining.

Some of the best ones imo are: OverTheGun, Arm4g3dd0nX, And necroscope86.

Laddergoat is mandatory viewing, although I'm sure the world and their dog have seen it by now.

Clearly the best LPer in the world is chuggaaconroy.

Let's Play SWAT with Spoony is pretty funny.

Incidentally, I hope no-one minds terribly that I put this in off-topic. I was tossing up as to whether to put it in the gaming section, but decided that it's more about the videos than the gaming. If any of the admins think my logic is flawed, feel free to move it.

Hmmm... I think you may enjoy wow videos(even though they're targeting a certain group of players)

Just browse the Let's Play subforum at Something Awful. You'll find plenty of good ones in progress there. You could also check the Let's Play archive for completed ones. In particular, Chip Cheezum and General Ironicus's Let's Plays on Something Awful are very entertaining.

Crackbone? If I'm getting what you are asking properly.

Have you seen the LP Sonic 2006 thing? It's like these four guys playing one awful game for 20 hours consecutively. What's funny is that as they play, you can feel their sanity slowly eroding away. Here is a link.
Other than that, my personal favorite LPer is NakaTeleeli. He has a really distinctive voice, and specializes in Bullet Hell games and games never released in the West, so he's worth checking out.

Eukaryote:

hes okay, if you really want to laugh, check out vash12349

Zero9teen did a few good Sonic ones, but hasn't made anything noteworthy in several months.

ScottishDuck - Jak 2
Azureblade - Super Smash Bros BRawl: Subspace emisarry.

Especially Azureblade's one is really fun to watch.

If I see anyone reply either LuizPrower, Cloud8745 or NicotineAlien, I will cry and kittens around the world will die.

I'm quite fond of Kikoskia at the moment, GamesGoodMeBad is pretty awesome whenever the bastard actually releases a new video.

ResearchIndicates, has such a professional, documentarian approach. Latelbt, a gentlemen after my own heart, goes for the old-school games.

One f Jef is currently my favourite LPer. And fueled by his awesome, i have joined te voltron and begun my own Let us make merry. It is about Master of Magic.

The best, I'm not too sure. But the funniest and most entertaining Let's Play artist would have to be The Spoony One at http://spoonyexperiment.com/

Seriously, check this guy out. Very witty and just awesome.

Phantasmagoria!! A Puzzle Of The Flesh!!!!!

Hehe

"Best?" I'm not sure I can tell. The Freelance Astronauts are typically pretty entertaining, even if Maxwell Adams is terrible at Zelda games (at least, the two that I watched). AccountingNightmare (who's work I'm currently on) is pleasant to listen to and genuinely good at the Devil May Cry games, though she goes the more informative route than entertaining (letting the games speak for themselves in that regard, I think). Kung Fu Jesus and Thuryl seemed to go for both in their God Hand and Might & Magic 2 (respectively) LPs. And listening to those guys who did Kaizo Mario World was schadenfreudtastically funny.

benrout:
The best, I'm not too sure. But the funniest and most entertaining Let's Play artist would have to be The Spoony One at http://spoonyexperiment.com/

Seriously, check this guy out. Very witty and just awesome.

Phantasmagoria!! A Puzzle Of The Flesh!!!!!

Hehe

I haven't tried Spoony's stuff yet. Still, of the other TGWTG affiliates I love Linkara's LP of Star Trek: Elite Force, and Paw's LP of King's Quest 5 essentially got me into the art, so I'll check him out.

L0rdVega was the first LPer that I came across, and he's my favorite. No one has made me laugh as hard as him. He brings skillz and lulz. He may not be doing anymore Let's Plays unfortunately. He's best known for his blind Silent Hill runs. "Have you seen a little girl, viewer?"

You can find him on ye olde YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/user/l0rdvega

Is awesome:

Casual Shinji:
Let's Play SWAT with Spoony is pretty funny.

I had to re-watch that several times now.

also, in case it hasnt been said, Deceased Crab:

and Icrangirl

NeutralDrow:
"Best?" I'm not sure I can tell. The Freelance Astronauts are typically pretty entertaining, even if Maxwell Adams is terrible at Zelda games (at least, the two that I watched). AccountingNightmare (who's work I'm currently on) is pleasant to listen to and genuinely good at the Devil May Cry games, though she goes the more informative route than entertaining (letting the games speak for themselves in that regard, I think). Kung Fu Jesus and Thuryl seemed to go for both in their God Hand and Might & Magic 2 (respectively) LPs. And listening to those guys who did Kaizo Mario World was schadenfreudtastically funny.

I haven't tried Spoony's stuff yet. Still, of the other TGWTG affiliates I love Linkara's LP of Star Trek: Elite Force, and Paw's LP of King's Quest 5 essentially got me into the art, so I'll check him out.

True, Linkara and Paw are both funny in their LP's, especially that LP Transmission Awesome team did together. I love that Paw takes on the music side of games too. But Spoony is way worthy of checking out.

I heard of Chuggaconroy as being one of featured LPers but skorch82, davetheusher from GameAnyone.com also gained my attention too.

I find that Slowbeef is pretty hilarious on on his LP of The Immortal, but his written "strategy guide" on Metal Gear 2 will always go down as one of the funniest thing I have ever read. http://www.slowbeef.com/

The best, anyone playing I Wanna Be The Guy, it's always funny to see how calm they start out and then descend into a rage induced fit due to the difficulty.

Kazz is pretty good. Here's one of his more popular videos.

Medibot? How can no one have mentioned Medibot? Him and his gaggle of friends was the only thing that got me through the terror that was Sonic (2006) OR as I like to call it, Sonic 64.
Also, Chip Cheezum and General Ironicus made the funniest LP ever when they did Metal Gear Solid 3. You hear the phrase rofl, but you never know what it means until you've seen this LP. Also, Static Fiend and Psychedelic Eyeball. On youtube there is TraskNari, who's Dark Corners of the Earth LP is something I anxiously await updates for.

Andronicus:
It's the darndest thing. I've found I can actually get an almost equal amount of enjoyment out of watching other people play games on the internet as I can just playing them myself. I've just been going through a few on Youtube, but I was wondering if anyone here knows any good series of Let's Play videos to watch, or knows someone who makes watching them really entertaining.

All right, I love LP's but they are a slippery slope. I spend about 30 minutes a day watching my favorite LPers. My daily JRPG dose from HCBailly. Or the hilarious Kikoskia who is currently playing Deus Ex.

And you have to watch Deceased Crab. No seriously he is the best LPer ever. There are a lot more, but none are as important as those three.

Best.. Would have to say Spoony(in general anything he posts is funny to watch, even Vlogs)
But out over that;
Frankomatic (His OGT;Odd Gaming Theater, games are always a blast to watch)
Kikoskia
L0rdVega
Necroscope86
Quadraxis14
retsupurae (makes fun out off LPers)
RPGenie (Aldo he haven't posted anything for a while)
ssskinner
Tatsudoshi
UltraJMan
ZetaPlays (Got his trusty wheel off crap to choose game for him)

All of the users above you can find on youtube, except for spoony that got most of his let's play posted on his site.

Mikelat on youtube is pretty good.

I quite like One F Jef (or, JefMajor), and I think that AgentJR's stuff is okay too.

Also this guy called Mrhaza2 who is totally not me is awesome.

In no particular order:

The Left 4 Dead co-op LP, featuring Blister, Cknoor, Baldurk and EthanSteele.

Slowbeef and Diabetus playing Dead to Rights.

Evil Tim and the Shinobi/Nightshade games.

Xarph and Kenlon playing Half-Life: Decay.

Retsurpurae in general.

...Man, I have way too much time on my hands.

Eukaryote:

I agree

The only LPer I've seen is Shagg and it was of Pokemon Gold. Wasn't too bad. It kept my attention just enough to watch the whole thing.

My favorite is Let's Play Medieval II: Total War - A Scotsman In Egypt. It might be more fanfic than a lets play because the author writes in the NPC's motivation.

http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/Scotsman/

It is basicaly a story of two scottish princes who get drunk and take over Alexandria then go about founding a kilted empire in the middle east.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked