Welcome to the Escapist!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Greetings one and all. Let me be the first to welcome you to The Escapist Forums.

This Video is a brief introduction to the Do's & do not's of our wondrous internet "home away from home", and to help new & old users alike, This brief presentation should hopefully make life a lot easier for all of us.

For reference, The "Neo Badge" is achieved by posting 5000 posts without incurring Moderator Wrath.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, im one of the users that doesn't bite.

Kind Regards,
Insanum
(Steve)

UPDATE REGARDING STICKY: - After talking to Kuliani, There isnt much chance of getting this thread Sticky'ed (stickied? Stickyd?), but if any of the people that currently have the stickies want to add this video to their Threads, feel free too.

Damn internet making me wait for buffering, but so far it great and hilarious.

EDIT: Yup, that was pretty awesome. I loved the funny voice.

Give me about 10 to 50 minutes and I'll edit this post into something better.
My connection hates Youtube videos with a passion.

That was great! Hopefully a lot of people follow and listen to these rules.
Have you asked for this to be stickied? Maybe even just for a week or so?
I really don't want to see this thread get buried underneath seas of pointless threads.
I think that having people watch this might clean up these forums a bit.

MasterStratus:
I really don't want to see this thread get buried underneath seas of pointless threads.

I haven't asked, I figured due to its nature, If the Mod's approve they will Sticky it.

That was awesome :D

(Can I have that picture of the apple biting thing? That'd be an awesome picture to have :D )

Helpful, amusing and efficent

A success I'd say :)

Hehehehe, nice one Insanum.
I will get you at Escapism UK
I will congratulate you at Escapism UK!
Until then, all I can say is Hoorah! and Well done :D

Insanum:

MasterStratus:

I haven't asked, I figured due to its nature, If the Mod's approve they will Sticky it.

Ah, I just didn't want it to be pushed down before a mod sees it.
Although I suppose this post is bringing it back up....
Eh.

This is hilarious and effective.
I'm sure this should stick in the minds of users, new and old.

Good info,
good pictures,
good accent,
good post!
Have you talked to the mods about this getting a stickie?

Awesome, I shall favourite it and use it whenever possible!

Quite funny, but beyond being in video form, there is nothing here that isn't in more detail in the sticky threads mentioned so I can't see the need for it to be stickied beyond comedic value.

that has got to be.......................

THE BEST VIDEO EVER!!!!!!!

Good work,
It'll be great to have that stickyed for lazy people ,like myself, who cannot be assed reading walls o text.

Well thanks Insanum! (Steve) You certainly know how to make a fabulous video. I'm sure it will help new members (And old members that need to brush up on the fundamentals) to get to know things around here. An altogether good show.

Edit: Also, I think this should get stickied. That way, EVERYONE must watch it!

That was quite funny, mostly cause you had the accent of a British schmuck. :D

Well done, it was amusing and may end up being informative to newcomers should they stumble upon this thread.

Fantastic, stupendous, marvelous is what I'd call it! Now I just wish I had the technology to make amusing videos, too...I'm sad. Dear God... if only I had known that some of the users had a powerful bite...ouch.

Tagball:
Fantastic, stupendous, marvelous is what I'd call it! Now I just wish I had the technology to make amusing videos, too...I'm sad. Dear God... if only I had known that some of the users had a powerful bite...ouch.

I used Paint, Google & Youtube...I posses very little in the way of technical Skills, I just had the passion.

I'm glad you did this, Insanum. I now love you forever.

All this talk about this being stickied, has anyone actually asked a mod? No? *wharglebargle* *marches to mods office*

Insanum:

Tagball:

I used Paint, Google & Youtube...I posses very little in the way of technical Skills, I just had the passion.

You still did a damn good job. It's amazing what people can make with limited supplies and sheer determination. Just look at Avatar. The making of that movie is a sheer underdog story(kidding,of course).

Rated it. Favored it. Loved it. This is both handy and entertaining.

If it means anything after all the posts above - brilliant. The pictures all worked, and the rules and guidelines define us pretty well. Give yourself a pat on the back.

JWW:
If it means anything after all the posts above - brilliant. The pictures all worked, and the rules and guidelines define us pretty well. Give yourself a pat on the back.

*pats* - And they DO, Every post means something. 'Cept the bad ones.

Captain Blackout:
All this talk about this being stickied, has anyone actually asked a mod? No? *wharglebargle* *marches to mods office*

Ive PM'ed Wilsonscrazybed, But i feel kinda cheeky asking for it to be Stickied...

Insanum:
Ive PM'ed Wilsonscrazybed, But i feel kinda cheeky asking for it to be Stickied...

No worries I've already asked Russ Pitts FOR you. :D

Now I guess it's a race as to who can sticky it first...

I like it! It needs to be proudly displayed in a sticky!

And if this doesn't work, you can run a night class for the more unruly users!

That was hilarious. Top notch stuff I say, top notch. I believe some ale is in order.

Reminds me of the ask Vegeta video on YouTube.

But very accurate, although you missed Guideline 4; Use a spellcheck.

That was great.

Using my experiences from the past few months, people really need to follow rule #4 more often.

dududf:

Insanum:

No worries I've already asked Russ Pitts FOR you. :D

Now I guess it's a race as to who can sticky it first...

Taking all bets! Who will sticky it first!

And if it doesn't get stickied, who will deny it first!

Taking all bets, place 'em here!

Disclamer: not a real bet. Feel free to still bet money, just don't expect to get anything back. And if you do bet, bet lots of money.

Brilliant. Too bad very few seem to understand rules...

Was that a Starbucks plug at the end there, with your approval of the mug?
I think the hint is advertise subtly.

I was going to edit my last post but I know can't be bothered to do so.

Good work. Funny, informative and it will help new users and old alike.
I call for a sticky as well.

Well I had a smashing time! =D

And strangely now I want coffee...

But otherwise cool vid!
Although when you report trolls, you forgot to tell them not to post as well >.> that grinds my gears.

^^

I also don't bite! :D

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked