Stereotypes of where you come from

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Oregon

well were all obama voting hppies who wear Birkenstock sandals and enjoy the rain a bit too much.

I do Enjoy the rain but I actually wear Adidas sandals

England

We eat scones and wear top hats and piss tea.

I'm from small-town america. I live on a farm and ride cows twenty miles to school.

EDIT: I looooooooove Country music!

silver wolf009:
Inbred hil billys sittin on te porch drinkin te moonshine playin te banjo and bein racist.

Virginia? no lie I'm from there and I live in New Jersey now and this sounds so much like what I get sometimes from guidos who don't know what they're talking about.

Gigaguy64:

Cheery Lunatic:
Not sure if this has been done before...

So. I live in Texas. Apparently, everyone here wears cowboy hats and boots, rides their horse everywhere, say "yee-ha" or "howdy" non-stop, and we all carry guns. (No, I'm not making this up. Whenever I travel anywhere, these are the honest to god first questions I've been asked.)

The only thing mostly true is the guns part. And yeah, we do have accents, but I've never met in my entire life, a Texan who said "howdy". And I don't even own an effing horse. I do, however, own a cowboy hat and boots, but I can count on one hand how many times I've worn them in public.

ha ha, you have almost covered everything i wanted to say.

Others that i can think of are that people think Texans are racist, un-intelligent, and that we hunt all the time and eat anything we can get our hands on.

After that I have nothing else left to say. You guys took all of the ones that I can think of. So thats it.

Don't wear shoes and sleep with my many sisters.
Kentucky man, it's like New York only more trees and less booze.

Wales....Sheep, nothing more

Lullabye:
Canadian: Nice, maple syrup loving lumberjacks with adorable accents. How did we get such an awesome stereotype?

You forgot how ood we are at accidentally charming the ladies.

Norway, apperently it's on the north pole, the capital of Sweden.
We live in iglo's and there are polarbears everywhere.

Norway is NOT on the northpole, it's a country damn you!
We have houses!!! and the polarbears are only on Svalbard, a group of islands that belong to Norway. Call me a sweed once more, and I cannot ganrantee your safty

England, so far the tea and bad teeth thing has been covered. One major factor missing so far is that our diet is made up completely of fish and chips, and possibly roast dinners (I am pretty fond of both tbh)

More specifically, yorkshire : Everyone expects me to work on a farm/Own my own tractor (which would be awesome)

I don't really know what is the stereotype for Minnesotans?

Sony, Toshiba, Panasonic-there's too many to count. I come from a very biased place with a lot of stereotypes.

Southern Cali people,
You know those surfer dudes that say "Dude" every other sentence,NOT TRUE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but in real life we have half of the middle schoolers spoiled brats and people who are gonna end up getting shot(boys) or get raped then have a baby at 16(girls)
Im not kidding,they say "fool" every other sentence,and they dont EVER fight,theyre all talk,the closest we've ever come to a fight between 2 wannabe gangers was a couple of pushes and a few insults.

DrunkDonut:
That all us Brit's drink tea and apparently we are all good friends with the Queen far from the truth trust me

Why aren't we friends with her? She owns a McDonald's! Also, you're forgetting the bowler hats, umbrellas suits, big teeth and toffishness.

Kansas, U.S.: Early 20th Century-style Fundamentalist Christianity. I shall say no more.

Oh, wait. There's more: Wherever I go, no lie, people ask me if I've, "got that thar electricity."

Here's the one I can't stand. Corn.

I feel better.

MastrChieaf:

Gigaguy64:

Cheery Lunatic:
Not sure if this has been done before...

So. I live in Texas. Apparently, everyone here wears cowboy hats and boots, rides their horse everywhere, say "yee-ha" or "howdy" non-stop, and we all carry guns. (No, I'm not making this up. Whenever I travel anywhere, these are the honest to god first questions I've been asked.)

The only thing mostly true is the guns part. And yeah, we do have accents, but I've never met in my entire life, a Texan who said "howdy". And I don't even own an effing horse. I do, however, own a cowboy hat and boots, but I can count on one hand how many times I've worn them in public.

ha ha, you have almost covered everything i wanted to say.

Others that i can think of are that people think Texans are racist, un-intelligent, and that we hunt all the time and eat anything we can get our hands on.

After that I have nothing else left to say. You guys took all of the ones that I can think of. So thats it.

there is one more! all texians (or whatever) worship Chuck Norris like a god! and are white, there are no black people or asians in texas. maybe a few latinos, but thats it.
Not from texas myslef but this is the impression people here have.

We play hahd, we play at the pahk. Then we go to Duncan Donuts, get a lahge coffee. And when our sport teams win, we drink and get violent.

Truth be told, that's only Boston. The rest of MA isn't really like that.

EliteFreq:

DrunkDonut:
That all us Brit's drink tea and apparently we are all good friends with the Queen far from the truth trust me

Why aren't we friends with her? She owns a McDonald's! Also, you're forgetting the bowler hats, umbrellas suits, big teeth and toffishness.

also pocket watches and mustaches.

Lambi:
Vikings who live in igloos because it's so cold here and have the most complicated language to learn. And the most expensive country in the world.

I have no idea if there are any more stereotypes from Iceland...

We all eat sheep balls and shark? That's one that I've heard a lot of times during my travels to Spain.

TomBizz:
England, so far the tea and bad teeth thing has been covered. One major factor missing so far is that our diet is made up completely of fish and chips, and possibly roast dinners (I am pretty fond of both tbh)

More specifically, yorkshire : Everyone expects me to work on a farm/Own my own tractor (which would be awesome)

Ah tell thee, it's trouble up't mill they allus expect. I do live on a farm though, and have tractors.

And fish and chips is the food of the gods.

maryland

like somebody said apparently all of us eat blue crabs

to other escapists the washington area: do you guys get weirded out when people act like its a big deal to visit dc?

ejb626:
According to Southern Virginians all Northern Virginians are basically Europe's stereotype of all Americans, fat obnoxious stupid yuppies.

better than what everybody thinks about west virginians

also i thought south virginia had more of a yuppie sterotype (at least here in maryland it does)

RanD00M:

Lambi:
Vikings who live in igloos because it's so cold here and have the most complicated language to learn. And the most expensive country in the world.

I have no idea if there are any more stereotypes from Iceland...

We all eat sheep balls and shark? That's one that I've heard a lot of times during my travels to Spain.

Huh. Oh, well. But we are one of the strangest countries in the world. Can't deny that.
...It's weird talking to a fellow Icelander in English.

Renamedsin:

EliteFreq:

DrunkDonut:

also pocket watches and mustaches.

And briefcases.

England:

Tea swilling, royal obsessed, fish and chip eating posh types. Basically the entire cast of every single british rom-com in existence and that's pretty much what everyone think the English should be.

And where I was born...

Essex, England: Bleach blonde, white stiletto wearing, loose of knicker and moral type women with voices that could make nails on a chalk board sound like the Kings Choir. Generally thought to be thicker than the thickest pair of length impaired planks in the known universe.

Pyromaniac1337:
Canada: Mini-America, except we have never fought in any war, have no military, and are Communists, who also live in Igloos and ride dogsleds, sell furs, speak French, have Terrorists every square kilometer, and always have snow.

... Yeah, makes me want to choke a Texan too.

Really? you hate Texans that much? Bigot, get off these forums if you're going to go around saying you want to kill people...

Any ways, I'm from Missouri, and every one else in the united states thinks were hill billies, but I have yet I don't see a single hill for miles were I live, and we don't have southern accents (accept the southern Missourians, there are hill billies, across the Missouri river you will find them, they all voted for Bush TWICE) and for me and and every one here north of the Missouri river, find it EXTREMELY annoying when people go out and call Missouri "Missour-UH".

Also, Canadians, we don't use a lot of the stereo types that you think we do here in the US.

Only stereo types ever used - Bacon, and nobody cares about Canada. (also annoying geese that take shits all over the side walk come from their) and some times considered the 51st state

the Syrup thing is saved for OUR OWN states, like Vermont, and Maine.

Accent stereo types have since been diminished from civilized places in the US, we think you sound like us, (of course English speaking Canadians I mean.. not French) unless thats a stereo type. I can attest to at least a few people having the same accent, seeing as my month long stay in Victoria Canada, I heard not one Canadian with a stereo typical accent, they all sounded American.

The accent now is attributed to people in Wisconsin..

"Mini-America, except we have never fought in any war, have no military, and are Communists, who also live in Igloos and ride dogsleds, sell furs, speak French, have Terrorists every square kilometer, and always have snow."

I have never once heard any of those stereo types (in the US at least). The closest stereo type would be, Canada = America or Canada part of America, which in their selves are jokes, not stereo types.

ooops sorry double lag post, didn't see my post when i first posted it, so I posted it again, and the origional appeared, some lag I guess..

ToonLink:
I told someone I lived in Mississippi, (Southern United States for everyone that doesnt know) and she said, and i quote?

"Do you live on a farm?"
To which I stared at her blankly and said "No"

Not everyone that lives in the south drives pick-up trucks, fly rebel flags, lives on a farm, or fucks their sister.

I live in Georgia in the Southern United State, so I have the same problem

Everyone thinks that I am racist (my use of racial slurs doesn't help my case AT ALL), talk like an inbred hick, AM an inbred hick, chew tobacco (I do smoke a corn-cob pipe. I like it because its cheap so i wont be mad if it gets broken), drink moonshine, play a banjo, drive a big-ass pickup truck with an even bigger confederate flag on it (I drive a decade-old hatch-back Honda Civic), I am a bible thumping nutcase (I am actually an atheist), and I carry a pistol everywhere.

Actually, the only reason that is not true is because I don't have the money for one.

Contrary to popular belief, not all Germans are Bavarians. For example, right now I'm not wearing lederhosen, I'm not eating bratwurst, sauerkraut or pretzels, and I'm not in the process of chugging down huge quantities of beer (although I wouldn't complain about the last part).

I'm German and Irish. I'm also from a crappy town with A-Hole kids who don't stop with the Nazi and drinking jokes.

I come from the middle of nowhere in the state of North Carolina. We generally have poor educations and are missing a lot of teeth. We like to play the banjo, slap our knees, beat our wives, hunt squirrels, drink heavily, and drive obnoxiously loud trucks with oversized wheels.

New Yorker. That's all I'm saying.

EClaris:
America

Fat and obnoxious and stupid.

And somehow we're also lumped in with being uber patriotic.

Well, I live in the Ozarks, so add toothless redneck, with an IQ of 60, and being completely obsessed with Bass Pro Shop on top of that.

Lambi:
...It's weird talking to a fellow Icelander in English.

Nahh it isn't all that strange.Or at least I donīt feel anything about it.
But I am a special life from that has no species.So I think that covers my end.

well my dad is from panama and since panama and mexico are close to eachother and the only country most ppl tend to know south of the US is mexico I get called a dirty mexican a lot.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked