Best lyrics in songs

What are the best, most impactful, or most meaningful song lyrics you know?

For me it's:

im not really sure.

but as far as i can tell....and this will sound weird.....
Edit:added lyrics.

and

Were actually pretty moving to me.

I'm fairly certain this thread's been done recently.[/pompoustwat]

OT: Hero of War and Survive, both by Rise Against. Two incredibly meaningful songs.

However, in terms of meaningfulness, nothing will ever top "Banana banana banana terracotta banana banana terracotta terracotta pie" as spoken wisely by Serj Tankian in System of a Down's Vicinity of Obscenity.
(Love the song, but WTF)

I dunno why but I've always liked Every Time I Die lyrics even though I'm not that huge fan of a band. I suppose it's more the way they're delivered than anything else, but Six feet from an early grave/Nine inches from being saved is just...I don't know why it's awesome but it is.

In terms of favorite/best song lyrics I find it kind of hard to pick...I always liked Blue Oyster Cult's "Astronomy" and Cage The Elephant's "In One Ear" and "No Rest For The Wicked" (yes, the Borderlands song. I bought their album when it came out 2 years ago, shush. >_<) but other than that I can't really think.

I'm listening to a lot of Slipknot lately but "fuck it all/fuck this world/fuck everything that you stand for" is better for when you're pissed off rather than to be scrutinized artistically.

SikTh - How May I Help You. It's ridiculous but I find it funny.

Also Strapping Young Lad for the lulz.

Nightwish - Sleeping Sun... A requiem, a love song and a poem all in one.

Lyrics to Chu Chu Lovely, in case you don't find any in English

Hmmm... probably the same one I posted for the other lyric related thread recently...
I'll edit them into this post in a sec.
Ok, here they are:

They just hold such meaning for me... I cannot explain it aptly right now.

As I always say, from the musical Hairspray.

"Tommorow is a brand new day, and it don't know white from black"

My god the vocals are incredible. This is what every male singer should be aspiring to or Bruce Dickinson.

This. Listen and read the lyrics carefully.

I love this song

"Our fortress is burning against
the grain of the shattered sky.

Charred birds escape from the
ruins and return as cascading blood.

Dying bloodbirds pooling,
Feeding the flood.
The god of man is a failure."

The band Amebix have this knack for writing these crazed polemic lyrics, so powerful they make me want to burn down the government buildings and hang the government, such is the powerful anti-establishment message contained within.

By far their best song is Arise! off the album of the same name. It just makes me angry every time I listen to it.

The music is great Crust, but the lyrics totally top it off.

And here's the song.

[quote="reg42" post="18.176346.5034160"]What are the best, most impactful, or most meaningful song lyrics you know?

For me it's:

This right here... or anything by NIN in-fact. Trent is my all-time favorite musician.

Gigaguy64:
im not really sure.

Tonight, Tonight, Tonight by the Beat Crusaders
and
D-tecnolife by UVERworld

It doesnt sound weird. Everybody gets affected by songs differently. and I agree, thsoe are great songs. Ever listen to Senshun Kyosokyoku (sp?)? Its the song at the end of the first bleach movie, and the lyrics are amazing.

OT: For me, its Soldier Side and Hypnotize and Chop Suey by System of a Down. Theres nore, but i cant thiknk of them at the moment.

S.R.S.:

My god the vocals are incredible. This is what every male singer should be aspiring to or Bruce Dickinson.

HOLY FUCK YES. I completely Agree.

OT: For me, it is Goo Goo Dolls' Iris

And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

IdealistCommi:
OT: For me, it is Goo Goo Dolls' Iris

And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

If I'm in the mood to listen to it, that song can make me cry.

I don't know something by the smiths, or 99 Problems by Jay-Z. If you listen to it properly, that's some clever stuff right there.

Tri Force95:

Gigaguy64:
im not really sure.

Tonight, Tonight, Tonight by the Beat Crusaders
and
D-tecnolife by UVERworld

It doesnt sound weird. Everybody gets affected by songs differently. and I agree, thsoe are great songs. Ever listen to Senshun Kyosokyoku (sp?)? Its the song at the end of the first bleach movie, and the lyrics are amazing.

OT: For me, its Soldier Side and Hypnotize and Chop Suey by System of a Down. Theres nore, but i cant thiknk of them at the moment.

Ha ha yes.
Its a good song and fits perfectly with the end of the movie.

Many of the Bleach songs hit me on a different level.
The ending to the 3rd bleach movie is also one that is just intoxicating.
Actually, a lot of the Japanese music iv listened to is just different than the music i hear all the time on the Radio or on a CD.
It moves me differently.

Anything by panic at the disco. If your looking for something in particular... Northen downpour. I dont want to lag up the thred with a video so look it up.

Just about anything that Rise Against writes. Their political views are as opposite of mine as is possible, and that sometimes translates to the music, but damned if they can't write good lyrics. Particularly "Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated" from the third album. Brilliant.

'Cure for Pain' is one of my very favorite albums. Morphine deserves way more love.

Anything from The Autumns

Such as the song Relinquished:

Or Boy With The Aluminum Stilts :

And Unfolding And Fading:

Here's my personal favorite.

One of My Turns by Pink Floyd:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foU3JXCKcBc

Most notably:

"Run to the bedroom, in the suitcase on the left, you'll find my favorite axe."

But the entire song is actually my favorite in terms of lyrics, not just for the album, but for all songs in general.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked