Politically correct term for 'robot'

Pages PREV 1 2 3

It depends, I think. The term android implies a man-like quality (as in "androgens", male hormones; or "andrology", the study of male health). In other words, android would be appropriate only for robots that look like a man (gyndroids for female robots?). Other than that though, I can't think of a term for robots like R2-D2 or those little squeaky ones on the Death Star.

Furburt:
As Bishop in Aliens puts it: 'Artificial Person'

Yeah, I was going to say this myself.

If you want some good examples of how to be racist to Robots though Astroboy's a great resource lol.

Cyborg- Cybernetic Organism, thus a being constructed as a robot first, and a creature second (R2-D2, terminators, Hal, GLaDoS)

Android- Man Droid (droid in this sense being a word made up to describe robots, interestingly) a being constructed to be a humanoid cybernetic creature (C-3PO, bioroids from Appleseed)

Other- Humans brains, artificial bodies, probably cyborg
Artificial brain, living body, I don't think I have ever seen this scenario enacted before.

TOBOR!

An Artificial American (yes even if they're not from america)

Human "Sup, robot"

*Android punches human*

Android: "No! That's our word, you can't call us that, you can't even use that word! Only we can call each other that."

Human: "Sorry, I didn't know"

Android: "DAAAAAYME, mutha fuckin' meatbag calling a ROBOT A ROBOT! Shit's crazy..."

TheNamlessGuy:
Deus Ex Machina.

Damn straight!

EDIT: I can't believe no one has said this already...

Crap, I was all ready to be original then I spotted your post. Damn ninja';s, they're everywhere

I guess I'd want to be called..... something cool, Like Ergo Proxy or something.

Disposable

Just like Scud

Greyfox105:

Demented Teddy:
I hate the idea of sentient robots.
I would be the one trying to get them all destroyed rather then refering to them politically correctly.

Would you have me destroyed? D:
I am but a humble shell that seeks to help people however I can...
Would you destroy me? D:
Do you hate me? D:

Are you a sentient piece of hardware?
No?
Then the answer is no.

George Palmer:
TOBOR!

You dirty......
I know what you've been reading!

EDIT: Uhm.....oops.
It's been pointed out to me that TOBOR is from a movie.
I know the word TOBOR from something else.....I would not recommend looking for it.

Autonomous Being

The world's sexiest love machine... who's fun at parties!

Frakking toaster :)

PayJ567:
Biologically Challenged. Hmmm a bit low on content here... Biologically Challenged, Ha.

That should do it

Biologically challenged! I love it! Like at our school we refer to short people as vertically challenged :]

If I am sentient then call me by my name you ignorant meat bag!

Hollock:

You must now deduct 5 points of cool for that joke.

Call is Kryten and be done with it!

Artificially Advanced Individual.

Mecha sapien.

Synthetic American

"organically challenged"

Skratt:

Hollock:

Allright let's see... [checking pocket], ah yes, that leaves me at -340 megafonzies.

Davrel:

Demented Teddy:
I hate the idea of sentient robots.
I would be the one trying to get them all destroyed rather then refering to them politically correctly.

This - there is no need for sentient machines. Everything we need machines for can be done with programming, complex programming admittedly; but for God's sake don't let the steel and silicon bastards think for themselves!

Remember the Geth, people! Remember the Geth!

The geth only got pissy cause they were used as slaves. If "robots" created by us became free thinking, then maybe we should let them have freedom, or reprogram them somehow.

Look at Legion, him and his 1146 (or so) geth are doing just fine (More depending on that mission).

Hollock:

Skratt:

Hollock:

Allright let's see... [checking pocket], ah yes, that leaves me at -340 megafonzies.

How cool is one "megafonzie"?

Mechanical American, DUH! Don't you guys watch "We are Robots"? Well... probably not considering that guy hasn't made anything new in years.

Jim Grim:
I believe Red vs. Blue put it as "Mechanized American." So yeah that. Unless they're not Ammerican, but you get the idea.

We'll only give them that name if they can read the Bible and wield a shotgun...

I think I wouldn't mind being Called an AI seeing as that's what I would be.

But if I wasn't to choose that; I would most likely prefer Android.

Triggerhappy938:

Hollock:

Skratt:

How cool is one "megafonzie"?

-340 megafonzies is just barely cooler than Jon Lovitz.

I would crumple the face of anyone that tried to be PC about A FUCKING ROBOT.

I guess android would work. I wouldn't mind robot, but it seems like it would be turned into a (racial slur?) after a while. =-/

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked