Primp Our Pony Winner Announced!

A week ago, Carrie and I invited you to Primp Our Pony, and were overwhelmed by the immediate and outstanding response. (If you haven't already, you should definitely check out the contest thread.) In fact, there were so many incredible entries, we scrapped the original idea to just crown a single winner and instead picked winners for six different categories. You guys are seriously that awesome. Here's how it broke down:

Favorite Primped Pony

Carrie and I picked two separate entries for this category, but they turned out to be by the same artist, Nomad! (I was partial to the geisha, Carrie favored the pony with wings.)

Favorite Pimped Pony

We probably should've seen this one coming, but a lot of the ponies were big pimpin'. Our favorite was the work of Flapp.

Favorite Pony Based on a Game Character

Lots of you combined your love of gaming and your love of ponies to amazing effect. We have two winners in this category:

DannyOcean, for the Tali'Zorah Nar Pony (Susan's pick), and

SnowCub, for the Death Knight mount (Carrie's choice).

Favorite Pony Placed in a Game

These winners didn't make their ponies into characters, but instead integrated them into game environments and scenes. Once again, Carrie and I couldn't decide:

viciouspen came up with my favorite, Zelda-inspired Epony, while Carrie favored Feste's Team Fortress 2 Pyro pony).

Most Artistic Pony

There were some ponies that weren't really primped or pimped or decked out in videogame finery, but were just plain stunning anyway. I was particularly fond of this effort from trickster1 (and wouldn't mind having it as a desktop, hint, hint), while Carrie really enjoyed this post-apocalyptic pony from Triple AD. Well done, both of you!

Ponies That Made Us Giggle

Carrie and I enjoyed each and every entry, but two in particular really made us grin. Mine was Bad Cluster's take on a Mass Effect 2 pony, but Carrie was particularly fond of Zappo's Mr. T. Can you blame her?

But, wait, that's not all! There were so many good entries that just barely missed out on winning an award that we couldn't just let them go away empty-handed. Everyone receiving an Honorable Mention will receive a slightly different version of the Primpin' badge, because they deserve it. Here are the winners:

Honorable Mention

Sporky111 (Tron pony)
RachelSoma (Iron pony)
Combined (Walker, Texas pony)
skintrade (Judge Pony)
Anchupom (Orca pony)
xavhorse (Hellraiser pony)
WanderFreak (A pony poem)
XinfiniteX (Super Flying Cotton Candy Breathing Time Traveling Ponycorn)
BlackDodongo (Prinny pony)
TraumaHound (Barcode pony)
Yokai (Power armor pony)

Winners, expect your badges shortly. Congratulations, and thanks to everyone who took part!

Man, I was so certain Xavhorse's Hellraiser pony was the shoe-in, that thing was wicked.

Ahh man. I was hoping in winning most pathetic photoshop pony :(

Well congratulations to the winners!

Damn, they are some pretty primped ponies.

Now it's time for the most glittery fairy contest!

Come on!

Awesome. THE BADGE IS MINE! I feel special. Congrats to the other winners.

They were some really good ponys. Great work winners! "pity the mule" got me so bad.

Why didn't the ponies edited into the JFK assassinations win something. They had me in near tears!

Ouch. Not even an honourable mention :P I must just think I'm a lot better than I really am.

Congrats everyone!

Congrats to the winners, hope you like your shiny new badges.
There were some great Ponies in that competition.

Truly epic ponies, all! Even though I had nae the skills nor creativity to participate, this was just a lot of fun to observe. Thanks for the good times to all who participated!

That was a fun contest. I had some serious competition, so I will wear this Honorable Mention with pride.

Prinny pony should've won, dood!

Just thought I'd bring this up. This is my masterpiece that I was less than a minute late in posting. Just for the lols, I thought I'd share it anyway.

'nuff people say they know they can't believe, Jamaica Cool Ponies, we have a bobsled team!

EDIT: On reflection, Cool Trottings might have been a better pun.

Nivag:
Just thought I'd bring this up. This is my masterpiece that I was less than a minute late in posting. Just for the lols, I thought I'd share it anyway.

'nuff people say they know they can't believe, Jamaica Cool Ponies, we have a bobsled team!

EDIT: On reflection, Cool Trottings might have been a better pun.

I'm a sucker for the movie. :)

Oh, and the maestro of the JFK/moon landing pictures works here, so he's not eligible. But we gave him an Honorable Mention badge anyway, just because we like him a lot. :)

Sweet, honorable mention for my ponyings! Which came about simply because I was away from my place and didn't have Photoshop.

DEUS PONY!
EPIC PONY!
BEHOLD THIS PONY IIIIIS EPIIIIIC!

Hooray I got somewhere that's good enough for me :D. I will now wear these Badges of Ponys with pride... Yay!

The Mass Effect 2 Space Pony is just pure awesome

ah a shiny new badge.... :D

Thanks for my new pretty pony badge! I think she fancies the Predator there...hope he doesn't think she's prey.

I had to poke around the Forum to find this thread, is it going to be featured on the main page (like the original contest link was?)

Many thanks. I will cherish my new badge!
Carrie is clearly awesome for picking me. =)

Grats to all the winners.

Congrats to everyone and especially the post-apocalyptic pony from Triple AD =P

I forgot to enter :(

Congrats to all the winners. Even though I didn't win it I had a laugh with making my entries and seeing everyone else's. Here's hoping there's another one soon.

Woohoo, thanks for the badge,epic contest! This will look great on my portfolio in case some pony fashion label is looking to hire! All the ponies were awesome, even the ones done in paint, some really funny stuff. This was great, the escapist rulez!

Congrats to all who won, you lucky bastards! :D

*Cries in a corner over the losing of his Spy Pony*
Ah who am I fooling? I loved making that thing!
And it seems rather odd/fitting/interesting that the Spy Pony's natural enemy defeated him.....

I have to admit, this was very difficult to judge! There were soo many that I wanted to award badges to - Susan and I both had very long lists!

You guys rocked this contest so hard. <3

Aaah! I'm so happy! I've never won anything on the internet before! :-D

Seriously though, this made my day, almost as much as looking through all the pages of awesome ponies that everyone made. :-)

Nivag:
Ouch. Not even an honourable mention :P I must just think I'm a lot better than I really am.

Congrats everyone!

You did loads of ponys i think you at least deserve a mention if not a prize.

Well, looks like my "Pretty Pink Pony Princess' Primarch" didnt make the cut...

I'm sad now...

If you need me I will be in the darkest corner, crying myself to sleep.

EDIT: But I have to agree, "Power Armor Pony" was more detailed >.<
EDIT: Dear Lord! I am a thread killer! Q.Q

No "MS Paint Fail" Award for me? lol shame

But oh well, the ones listed up top deserved it more then mine :D Congrats

yay I finally found the announcement thread, thanks Susan.

I look forward to the next pony inspired madness :D

"PONEEEEEEEEESSSS!!!!!"
*passes out*

Them Escapist should have more unique contest like this!

What happened to the thread with the ponies? 404...

Ponies are now 404, : <

I can't see any ponies. Shame :(

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked