Show Us Your Bankai

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Noxshadow:
You know what to do.

... no. No sir, I really do not. Perhaps just a smattering of exposition?

I don't rely on weapons. I am pretty deadly without them.

Loop Stricken:

Noxshadow:
You know what to do.

He's referring to the anime Bleach, in which Shinigami swords have two releases of power, Shikai and Bankai. Bankai releases tend to get weirder, since the sword only changes somewhat in Shikai. If you knew all this already, I apologize.

Souplex:

Dude, that aint fair. How are we supposed to compete against that?

Eh? What?

Firstly, what the deuce is a bankai?

Secondly, what the hell do we "know" what to do?

CLARIFY!

EDIT:

FalloutJack:

Loop Stricken:

Noxshadow:
You know what to do.

He's referring to the anime Bleach, in which Shinigami swords have two releases of power, Shikai and Bankai. Bankai releases tend to get weirder, since the sword only changes somewhat in Shikai. If you knew all this already, I apologize.

I didn't! Thank you for clearing that up.

But still, my second question remains unanswered.

Uh, according to the internet (which is always right and never lies) a Bankai is:

"A zanpakutou's final form is called "Ban-Kai", which means "Full Release". It usually takes many years to master it. A bankai can be ten times more powerful than the first release, "Shi-Kai".

Now, what the hell is a zanpakuto?

"Japanese, best translation comes out to "soul cutter." Supernatural weapons used by shinigami in the popular Bleach manga/anime. Each zanpakutou has its own power and persona. Zanpakutou purify Hollows and send spirits to Soul Society. Although, they're also kickass weapons that have two forms of attack (releases). There's the shikai and the strongest, bankai, which can do anything from crate a giant-ass monster thing to giving you a badass yakuza look :p"

So I guess he's asking what our inner soul-demon...thingies are?

DoctorNick:

That's how I read it.

It's from Bleach, where it equates to the character's Hyper Attack/Ultra Combo.
They're also extremely weird. From dragon-sized skeletal snake-baboon tails, to masses of cherry blossoms that form into walls of swords, to Deus Ex Machina. (Aizen, I'm looking at you.)

IxionIndustries:

Read the thread title.

Am I doing it right?

Cheveyo:

Souplex:

Dude, that aint fair. How are we supposed to compete against that?

You aren't. You are simply supposed to bask in the awesomeness of me suplexing god.

Hiphophippo:
Am I doing it right?

Indeed.

Noxshadow:

IxionIndustries:

Read the thread title.

Uhh huh.. Very well then. I shall return.

Noxshadow:
It's from Bleach, where it equates to the character's Hyper Attack/Ultra Combo.
They're also extremely weird. From dragon-sized skeletal snake-baboon tails, to masses of cherry blossoms that form into walls of swords, to Deus Ex Machina. (Aizen, I'm looking at you.)

Ah, don't fault Aizen. As his Shikai is essentially nothing BUT an illusion power, you can't expect him not to use it to the fullest.

As for me...I can't give you my Bankai. I, personally, do not have one. What I give you is the Bankai of my character, Hakuro Kuroda.

Hakuro's basis for power is sound. He's perceptive in hearing, and that built up when he trained with his Zanpakuto, Hebun Kyo. (I have no pictures or drawing ability for this, so you'll have to take a worded description.) Upon release, there are two stages to his Bankai. The first is simply this, the summoning of the actual spirit to make use of its power. Thus, while Hakuro remains still with a katana to use, he's also got a gigantic cicada-monster utilizing sonic force to a high degree. He himself is wearing a maestro-like longcoat. The true form, however, is a pure-white screaming sonic energy itself, a torrent of sheer force that can tower many stories and deliver whirlwinds and storms of sonic-energy attacks. Hebun Kyo's true form is pure sonic, and that is Hakuro's Bankai.

Souplex:

What is Harry Potter doing to Dumbledore!?

DoctorNick:
Uh, according to the internet (which is always right and never lies) a Bankai is:

"A zanpakutou's final form is called "Ban-Kai", which means "Full Release". It usually takes many years to master it. A bankai can be ten times more powerful than the first release, "Shi-Kai".

Now, what the hell is a zanpakuto?

"Japanese, best translation comes out to "soul cutter." Supernatural weapons used by shinigami in the popular Bleach manga/anime. Each zanpakutou has its own power and persona. Zanpakutou purify Hollows and send spirits to Soul Society. Although, they're also kickass weapons that have two forms of attack (releases). There's the shikai and the strongest, bankai, which can do anything from crate a giant-ass monster thing to giving you a badass yakuza look :p"

In the Anime "Bleach" there are people who are pretty much grim reapers.
They all have their own weapon(almost always a sword).
There are 3 forms to this sword.
The basic katana.

The Shikai
The shikai is usually a stronger and different kind of weapon. Some people have spears, others have large disc blade things, and still others just have 2 swords appear. Others simply have some magic crap happen.
Examples of shikai:

Bankai
Bankai is the third form. There are different levels to it. Its usually an extreme increase in power/speed/etc.
Examples of Bankai:

FalloutJack:

Loop Stricken:

Noxshadow:
You know what to do.

He's referring to the anime Bleach, in which Shini-

-at which point I lost interest.

wrong topic

Souplex:

Is that Harry Potter taking out God?!?
OT Wtf.... please help me understand this

It's okay if you don't get it. It's an inside joke.

Be amazed by the awesome that is my Ban-Kai!

EDIT:

apsham:
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD.

QFT.

Bladecatcher:

FalloutJack:

Loop Stricken:

Noxshadow:
You know what to do.

He's referring to the anime Bleach, in which Shini-

-at which point I lost interest.

Then, there was no need to post at all. Please, do not let us detain you.

hittite:

It's okay if you don't get it. It's an inside joke.

Well thats an inside joke I dont want to be apart of.

I understand what the bankai is, but what are we supposed to do with it? say what ours would be?

Crap... Double Post... Hit QUOTE instead of EDIT

funksobeefy:
I understand what the bankai is, but what are we supposed to do with it? say what ours would be?

Hit the head right on the nail.

I would need to think up a shikai first. All I've come up with is for a never-created Bleach RP character, an albino guy who's zanpakuto turns into a weighted umbrella club and concealed dagger in awakened form. I'm still trying to come up with a bankai form that's not all that close to Kaname Tousen's.

As for myself...not a friggin' clue. Which isn't a problem, since I can't draw anyway. Since I'm still pining for fist weapons in WoW to get a little love, pretend I came up with a sword who's shikai form is a pair of bracers and punch-daggers that I can use to screw with peoples' emotions. Bankai might be armored sleeves and brass knuckles, with the accompanying effect being something along the lines of a Nasuverse Reality Marble that allows me to dilate time.

Frankly, I'd probably be better at kido than melee combat, anyway.

incinerate94:

Souplex:

Is that Harry Potter taking out God?!?
OT Wtf.... please help me understand this

It is a picture of me that time I suplexed god back in July of 06. I don't know why people insist I look like harry potter.

I think I left my internet over..uh...this..way...(wanders off)

So if I'm reading this right, bankai is the Bleach version of Super Saiyan. My bankai is as follows.
Also, my power level goes up to a million and my hair gets ridiculous.

Space Spoons:
So if I'm reading this right, bankai is the Bleach version of Super Saiyan. My bankai is as follows.
Also, my power level goes up to a million and my hair gets ridiculous.

Win! I also would have accepted a hulk version of yourself.

Ultrajoe:

Not small to be a wussy's BFG and not ridiculously large enough to make you compensate for something... Pretty much the definition of Made of Win.

I think?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked