Why do so many people say that Nickelback sucks?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Seriously! It's like everywhere I turn people are saying: Worst. Band. Ever!
Why? I'm not a huge fan of theirs, but there music is far from terrible. I mean, "Hero" is a good song, and so is "Rockstar". There are far worse bands out there.

Like for example, I think that Linkin Park is currently a far worse band, since their old style was so appreciated, why the chose to change it into their far more quiet and "subdued" style is unknown to me. Their score for the Transformers series was so boring. And yes, I know that musical tastes are COMPLETELY subjective.

Because they do suck, they're about as generic rock as you can get. I do agree with the Linkin Park thing though, their first 2 albums were awesome, the new stuff is just... meh.

Because they're bad. Their instruments are horrible, their lyrics are horrible, their singer is horrible. There is not a single molecule of Nickelback that doesn't produce more suck than a black hole.

Oh, and they can't spell 'Nickle'.

EDIT: Fuck you, it's spelled 'Nickle' now. Deal with it.

Nickleback, are alright... but i honestly cant tell the difference between the new stuff and old... all kind of samey.

Daystar Clarion:
Because they do suck, they're about as generic rock as you can get. I do agree with the Linkin Park thing though, their first 2 albums were awesome, the new stuff is just... meh.

Generic does not mean bad. It means average.

Future Hero:

Daystar Clarion:

Average does not mean good either. Would you rather listen to an average band or a good band? I know which I'd choose.

Future Hero:

Daystar Clarion:

In music, average=bad.

They are pretty generic. People dislike that. Also some of their songs are quite samey.

Future Hero:
Why? I'm not a huge fan of theirs, but there music is far from terrible. I mean, "Hero" is a good song, and so is "Rockstar". There are far worse bands out there.

Like for example, I think that Linkin Park is currently a far worse band, since their old style was so appreciated, why the chose to change it into their far more quiet and "subdued" style is unknown to me. Their score for the Transformers series was so boring. And yes, I know that musical tastes are COMPLETELY subjective.

It's not that they're necessarily "bad", it's more that they're just so damn average. It's like someone programmed a computer to create an alogorithm that produced generic heavy rock according to a formula that compressed all the colourful heavy rock music in history that came before into some kind of grey soul-less mush. Nickelback is that grey mush. That's the real reason why people hate them. They're not terrible, they're just so damn uninteresting.

Future Hero:

Daystar Clarion:

No, it does not mean average. Generic means bland, not new, boring. And that can sometimes be far, far worse than simply horrible music.

I for one, hate them. They have pretentious songs with stupid lyrics, dull melodies and such a, here it comes, generic sound.

It's probably got something to do with the fact that in those people's opinion, Nickleback do suck. It's a crazy thought I know! People, having -get this shit- an opinion, that doesn't quite conform to your own.

Holy shit! I just blew my own mind! What a terrifying and mysterious would we live in.

I dont like Nickleback really, sure, some of their songs are ok and i wouldnt go as far to say that they are the worst band ever, but i dont really like them, and a few of their songs sound pretty much exactly the same.

Most people on internet forums, from what I can tell, prefer indie bands.

Iconsting:

Hell no, they are starting to sound genric too. Also, who the hell can wear skinny fit jeans?! Anyone with testicles shouldn't feel comfortable wearing them.
I give my boys plenty of room.

Nickelback is bland and talentless. They're not bad because they're so horrible, but they're bad because there's nothing good about them, if you get what I mean.

There are far, far worse bands out there, that much is true. But Nickelback is pretty popular, and nothing begs for negative comments as much as people treating something that's decidedly mediocre at best like it's the best thing ever.

I personally don't like them, but if someone else does than whatever. I think they are kinda average and don't really "stand out" much.

Daystar Clarion:

Iconsting:

Hell no, they are starting to sound genric too. Also, who the hell can wear skinny fit jeans?! Anyone with testicles shouldn't feel comfortable wearing them.

Yes, but there are thousands of indie bands out there, not all of them are "Generic"
*Cough*AnimalCollective*Cough*

Well... I like 'How You Remind Me', I have some past-related sentiment to this song. The rest is pretty 'meh' for me. I don't hate them though. There are far worse band to crucify around (like Cradle of Filth for example. Damn... I like metal, but this crap is just horrible).

oh, that's simple! because they only have one song. Or rather one that they keep changing the title/lyrics for. They're not EXTREMELY BAD but if you listen to more than 1 of their songs you'll notice they all sound the same. I have 1 of their albums (present from someone that taught that just because i have long hair, i like average rock bands) and after listening to 4 songs i threw the album away (but not before ripping Hero from it because that's the only one i like)

Everytime nickleback is played god kills a llama. Please people, think of the llamas.

people who use the "worst.band.ever." label seemed to have jumped the gun a little. the bands who make Kidz Bop need to die.

Sure, Nickelback might not be the best band, but at least they write their own stuff. The KidzBop team seem determined to take any popular song and make you cry.

Iconsting:

Daystar Clarion:

Iconsting:

Yes, but there are thousands of indie bands out there, not all of them are "Generic"

Not all of them, obviously, but I remember when 'Indie' meant independant. Now it means 'guys who kinda sound like Coldplay but aren't.'

Daystar Clarion:

Iconsting:

Daystar Clarion:

Iconsting:

Not all of them, obviously, but I remember when 'Indie' meant independant. Now it means 'guys who kinda sound like Coldplay but aren't.'

If they sound like Coldplay but aren't, then they're not indie.

I think it's partly that it's becoming popular to hate them. I like them quite a bit, and listen to them regularly. Yes, they can be a little samey, but so can all bands. In fact, fans seem to encourage "samey" music from bands, considering how often they will turn on a band and call them sellouts should they do something so crass as changing their style. Nickelback are a very well known band, which means that they're subject to attention more than others, so they're obviously going to get a lot of negative attention too.

And worst band ever? This statement seems to be avoiding the large number of mostly talentless, samey music that the dance and rap genres pump out on a daily basis. If that isn't "a lot of the same" and "average=bad", to use some of the points above, I don't know what is.

They have one rather generic song, it becomes hit, they release some minor variations on that, even more of a hit. Also, they have terrible guitar riffs and I personally don't like they're lead singer.

Iconsting:

Daystar Clarion:

Iconsting:

Daystar Clarion:

Iconsting:

If they sound like Coldplay but aren't, then they're not indie.

I meant that they sound like Coldplay, but they are not Colplay. I suppose fiddling with words just because I can doesn't mean I should.

Not the worst at all but they are incredibly generic and weak, so is Linkin Park. They had some good songs and stuff and I don't mind them but very poppy though, they just keep shit simple and only make 3-4 minute songs with exactly the same structure.

I reckon you hear a lot of people say they are the worst because they are so popular, they were voted best band of the decade or something and I think a lot of people including myself, strongly disagree with that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYNRhzX6gw8 - Sums up what I think of most pop bands these days.

Future Hero:
Why?

Ummm.... because... they are?

They're not the worst thing you can hear, Silver Side Up was a good album, couple of songs like Someday or Hero were good as well... but they just turned plastic and shit, and its mainly the lead singer that i'm on about. The impression they give to people is like 'hey, we dont have much idea what to play anymore, so we will play shite for moneyz'. Their new stuff is horrible and to be honest: who would actually look back to see whether they had any good stuff or not? People judge them on what they're doing now and... theyre doing crap.

Why does Nickelback suck?

I refer you to the old rule of if it looks like a fish, smells like a fish and tastes like a fish, it must be a fish.

Please apply rule as necessary for the Nickelback question.

Because people like to jump on bandwagons against successful people. While I don't particularly like them either, and I can see that their music is fairly simplistic, it isn't any worse than a while host of other bands and artist. So I don't see any other reason than the fact that they've been hugely successful.

Uninspired, uninteresting, unoriginal, ungood, generic rock.

Their songs sound exactly the same (because they are, we've all see those youtube videos).

I strongly dislike them for those reasons, and instead of listening to them I listen to something that isn't shit.

tellmeimaninja:
Because they're bad. Their instruments are horrible, their lyrics are horrible, their singer is horrible. There is not a single molecule of Nickelback that doesn't produce more suck than a black hole.

Oh, and they can't spell 'Nickle'.

Nickleback sucks like a bucket of ticks and if we got any message out of "Rockstar" is that Chad REALLY wants to be one

This thread made me join escapist. I took my time, figuring out a name, getting a picture for my avatar. Thats how bad they are. You go through trouble just to express the pure badness of the band.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked