Times when "THIS IS SPARTA!"

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Have you ever had a chance to shout this in any situation? post your stories or thoughts for when it could be said.

Mine is this:

In my history class, the teacher was shouting at us all and said "Tsis is unacceptable class, its pure madness!"
So i had to do it and said "Miss, Madness? THIS....IS....SPARTA!"

Quickly followed by a detention :D

I did it in a History lesson in a similar situation, luckily my teacher has a sense of humour. We've also done it to the Wet Floor signs so they look like this:

I guess there have been situations where I could do it. But I never take those chances, because I don't really find this joke all that funny.

Hubilub:
I guess there have been situations where I could do it. But I never take those chances, because I don't really find this joke all that funny.

It's more just an instinctive reaction now...

Yes, in English my class kept talking and my teacher went 'This Is Madness'
and I was like THIS IS SPARTA.

I wanted to say it at an airport once.

But then I realized what that would entail... and decided against it.

Cpt_Oblivious:
I did it in a History lesson in a similar situation, luckily my teacher has a sense of humour. We've also done it to the Wet Floor signs so they look like this:

I saw that picture a year or so ago, so copied it on every single one of those at work, fun times.

I could delve into a whole situation revolving around the time my friend accidentally called ramen noodles ROMAN noodles and we proceeded to have a huge laugh at dressing up like ceaser and kicking the mail man into a pit in the front yard, but I prefer to go with, I use THIS IS SPARTA! when ever the hell I feel like it. I also use THIS IS JAPAN! when playing JRPGs and someone sets up the dialog. Samurai warriors two, "you think you can unify the land? YOU?! that's madness!" out of nowhere I scream at my TV "Madness? THIS IS JAPAN!" now if only I had a character that could do the kick.

Heheheh, when playing with my cousin, we were about to finish COD4 MW2 Co-Op, I charged in and said THIS IS SPARTA!

Erm *points to icon*
<<<<<

Yeah, Everytime someone says madness I have to quote Sparta. Maybe its cuz I quote shitloads of meme....

This topic is madness!

I got 300 in my maths AS level, walked out of the room when i got my results, and screamed "THIS IS SPARTA" and kicked a bin over :D

I've had plenty of occasions, some of which were right beside a cliff edge.

I refrained from booting my friend off a cliff however.

I kicked a Persian guy once...

i'll change my name to sparta so when i answer the phone i can say: THIS IS SPARTA!!!

WINDOWCLEAN2:
Have you ever had a chance to shout this in any situation? post your stories or thoughts for when it could be said.

Mine is this:

In my history class, the teacher was shouting at us all and said "Tsis is unacceptable class, its pure madness!"
So i had to do it and said "Miss, Madness? THIS....IS....SPARTA!"

Quickly followed by a detention :D

Haha that must have been epic ^_^

It was almost all I said after the film came out. The joke's got a bit old now.

Cameron Baxter:
This topic is madness!

Madness? THIS IS SPARTA!

Yeah, that's my most recent Sparta joke.

Cameron Baxter:
This topic is madness!

NO! THIS. IS. AN OVERLY DONE MEME THAT SHOULD'VE DIED AGES AGO!

guyroxorz:
I got 300 in my maths AS level, walked out of the room when i got my results, and screamed "THIS IS SPARTA" and kicked a bin over :D

That's awesome. Congrats to you!

Cameron Baxter:
This topic is madness!

madness?

FUCK YOU

ha, didn't see that one coming, eh?

XJ-0461:

Cameron Baxter:
This topic is madness!

Madness? THIS IS SPARTA!

Yeah, that's my most recent Sparta joke.

Good Evening mister Sparta, would you be interested in buying Persian Carpets?

While watching 300 with a group of people who pretty much all already saw it. Everybody was shouting along. It was awesome.

"TONIGHT WE WILL DINE IN HELL"
"YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH" <- us

Awhile ago I saw on the wall in a alley someone had wrote 'Government Madness' in big with a big funny picture of Bush and some other dudes in graffiti, so I grabbed a thick black texter and wrote under it "Madness? This is Sparta"! In a speech bubble coming out of the Sparta guy's mouth (forgot his name).

I thought it was funny then, it was just when I just saw the movie in cinemas.

We once got a form to fill out regarding our eating habits for the psychology students.
Me and my buddy answered more or less seriously,then came the last question.
"Do you have any comments?"

We look at each other and write:THIS IS SPARTA! Then procede to drawing Leonidas kicking the Persian down the hole and I added a little graph showing the relation between the amount of madness and the percentage of Sparta associated with it.
That's right,I went XKCD on them.

Never...that joke is terrible.

Not a SPARTAAA line at all.

One time, my friend asked me where we were going to eat, so I just replied, "TONIGHT! WE DINE IN HELL!" Kind of funny until I pointed at a restaurant that we ate at, and left because the service and quality was shit, that's when we both started laughing.

Cameron Baxter:
This topic is madness!

Nay...THIS TOPIC IS SPARTA!

Ummmmmm, I've never actually yelled it outloud in a public place. I should though.

In a vaguely Kermodian way every time someone says Gerard Butler e.g.

Friend: "I saw that film Gamer last week, that one with Gerard Butler..."
Me: "THIS IS SPARTA!"

Without fail. Every time. And you gotta say it real loud. It still amuses me and probably will do forever.

Cajt:

That is one of the most awesome things I've ever read.

I want to be that store owner SO BAD! D:

Anytime when a wave hits you. Make sure it syncs up or it won't look good.

Some one had a facebook (yes I social network what of it?)of something like "______really wants to go visit Spata" Not sure what Spata is either town, city, shop, spa etc.

But I felt obliged to put

"THIS IS SPATAAAAAAAAA!"

Also done the wet floor sign thing a few times

I'll tell you where it's NOT time. Phoenix Wright three. SERIOUSLY! They made a Sparta reference in that game.

it is always SPAAAARTA!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked