Escapism Sydney 2010: A Labyrinth's Brainssssss

Pages PREV 1 2

*SMASHES FIST!*

Dangit why was I not informed, I live in Sydney!

Nah just joshing, looks like it might have been alot of fun though.

Ultrajoe:
The distinct lack of chainsaw upsets and disappoints me. Zombies and chainsaws are like bacon and eggs. Apart, they yearn to be reunited. With blood.

Aren't you a mod? What happened to your title? O.o

Labyrinth:

And of course our insects are deadly. As is everything else. It's the very reason that Australians are so metal. Once you've survived our wildlife, you can do anything. And that wildlife may be to blame for the zombie hordes.

Damn straight. :D

This Zombie walk was sponsored by Dare Iced Coffee.

Bout a tenth of the walk in, we encountered some people giving out free bottles, and a lot of people grabbed them.

That cop looks pretty amused. And damn that looks fun.

Just you wait for Melbourne, just you wait...

Syon:
Aren't you a mod? What happened to your title? O.o

After playing far too much God of War III, I tried to kill my way up through the pantheon of Escapist staff for no discernible reason apart from boredom. Their power was too great however, and despite my own legendary Ultraness and Chaingun-Chaingun superweaponry, I was defeated. Our battle was so impressive and incredible that to fully comprehend it you basically need to freebase thermite while standing in the middle of a fireworks display atop a concert where Deadpool, Darth Vader, The Terminator and some Space Marines play Beatles tunes.

I am no longer a Moderator.

Awesome. Shame I couldn't go though, my school band demanded my weekend and threatened to kick me off the LA tour team if I didn't. So yeah.

And I had everything prepared too...

Ultrajoe:

Bah, I guess this means I have to scribble off your name on That Thread. I'll get around to it sometime.

Is someone else gonna step into your shoes, or are we equipped with a -1 (Cursed) Banhammer permanently?

Insanum:

Marq:
I may attend Escapism UK this year, depending entirely upon timing. You non-convicts have a distinct lack of metal I may need to supplement.

July 23rd-25th, London. PM myself or Sky14Kemea & we'll provide details.

Alright then, no chance. Sooner than I was expecting.

Ultrajoe:

*sobs*

You'll...you'll always be a moderator to me!

Labyrinth:
While an R18+ rating and the Australian Government's atrocious censorship schemes are important issues their weight paled in the face of several hundred zombies

Funny how you can all parade around like zobnies (I meant to spell it that way) but you can't protest about something as important as an R18. You might be getting in 4 or 5 years but come on.

By all means have fun and what not but if this many people can be organized to mess about, why can't somebody organize something to protest against things.

Sorry, I just don't get it and if I come across a little aggressive, I don't mean to.

Labyrinth:

You petty mortals, you can never defeat the original Escapism! We have a hundred times the epic that you ever will! Whahahahah!

Good luck trying, however.

I do so love a challenge. Gentlemen!

omega 616:
Funny how you can all parade around like zobnies (I meant to spell it that way) but you can't protest about something as important as an R18. You might be getting in 4 or 5 years but come on.

By all means have fun and what not but if this many people can be organized to mess about, why can't somebody organize something to protest against things.

If you look at the pictures, that is exactly what the zombie march was about. It was part protest, part apocalypse and all fun. Funnily enough, Australians do occasionally get off their butts about things they care about. They just decided to be more undead than your average disgruntled citizen.

Ultrajoe:

omega 616:

If you look at the pictures, that is exactly what the zombie march was about. It was part protest, part apocalypse and all fun. Funnily enough, Australians do occasionally get off their butts about things they care about. They just decided to be more undead than your average disgruntled citizen.

I couldn't see most of them, just a little box with image in it.

omega 616:

I shall surmise, then; Many of them are carrying protest slogans and some have signs. Others have deceptive pro-zombie propaganda designed to trick the unwary.

Ultrajoe:

omega 616:

I shall surmise, then; Many of them are carrying protest slogans and some have signs. Others have deceptive pro-zombie propaganda designed to trick the unwary.

oh, okay. Nice one, for explaining and doing it. I plan on moving to aus in a few short years so I hope it worked.

I actually heard about this on the news. I had no idea that the Escapist was behind this. I really wish I lived in Australia now...

ProfessorLayton:
I actually heard about this on the news. I had no idea that the Escapist was behind this. I really wish I lived in Australia now...

The escapist didn't organize it, but some of the users did get together to attend.

This is an obsession I don't really get. Sure, the games are fun enough, but I've never wanted to be the zombie in a horror game/movie. Call me crazy, but I'd rather be a tired, scruffy-looking survivor trying to get out of the city.

What happens in Australia
HAPPENS IN REAL LIFE.

Damm that looked like so much fun, really wish I could have been there.

omega 616:

Sorry, I just don't get it and if I come across a little aggressive, I don't mean to.

Aside from what Ultrajoe said, I've always written a recount and offered pictures from Escapisms. And this is the fourth I've done it for in Sydney. People, I've found, like to know what happens. They like to laugh at the antics and in particular the photos. One advantage of this year for that is the sheer number of pictures, and videos taken at the event. Had it been just us I might have remembered to take oh.. a dozen, 8 of which would be worth posting?

This thread isn't as much an ego trip as you seem to think. It's giving a bit back to the community by way of raconteuring.

Someday I'm going to make it over to your fantastic little slice of earth down under. I sincerely hope something like this is happening when I do.

I WANT COOL THINGS TO HAPPEN NEAR ME!!!

Edit: I would also like to say that I love your hat. That is all.

God that looks like fun. Wish I could be there.

Ultrajoe:

Ah, that sucks. May I ask what got you fired, for lack of a better word? :)

Found this on the Facebook page. Taken from the Sun Herald, 28th March.

Labyrinth:

Found this on the Facebook page. Taken from the Sun Herald, 28th March.

It would be better if they weren't all smiling... XD

Still, I am a bit... well, weird feeling at the idea that these odd people are the people I associate with. Still, is DAMM in those pictures? Point him out; I like to know what the IRC regulars look like.

Labyrinth:

omega 616:

Aside from what Ultrajoe said, I've always written a recount and offered pictures from Escapisms. And this is the fourth I've done it for in Sydney. People, I've found, like to know what happens. They like to laugh at the antics and in particular the photos. One advantage of this year for that is the sheer number of pictures, and videos taken at the event. Had it been just us I might have remembered to take oh.. a dozen, 8 of which would be worth posting?

This thread isn't as much an ego trip as you seem to think. It's giving a bit back to the community by way of raconteuring.

I don't think it was an ego trip, more of a "look what we did" and posted it 'cos gamers seem to have a soft spot for the undead and it was a little unique.

I think I got the wrong end of the stick .

The_root_of_all_evil:

Labyrinth:

You petty mortals, you can never defeat the original Escapism! We have a hundred times the epic that you ever will! Whahahahah!

Good luck trying, however.

I do so love a challenge. Gentlemen!

*smokes pipe*

Pistols at dawn? Or shall we show them the power of the pub, an English breakfast and the pint?

Syon:

Ultrajoe:

Ah, that sucks. May I ask what got you fired, for lack of a better word? :)

Ultrajoe:
After playing far too much God of War III, I tried to kill my way up through the pantheon of Escapist staff for no discernible reason apart from boredom. Their power was too great however, and despite my own legendary Ultraness and Chaingun-Chaingun superweaponry, I was defeated. Our battle was so impressive and incredible that to fully comprehend it you basically need to freebase thermite while standing in the middle of a fireworks display atop a concert where Deadpool, Darth Vader, The Terminator and some Space Marines play Beatles tunes.

On a more factual note, I was not 'Fired', 'Sacked', 'Laid-Off' or 'Deposed' or in any way removed from the position due to any disgruntled or unpleasant feelings between myself and the Staff. I still talk with them and the other Mods. As for the actual details, that's for me to know and you to forever be less than a man for not knowing.

More importantly, this thread is not about me. It's about epic Zombie marches for the sake of justice. What I will do the provoke discussion, more importantly, is ask you Escapists if theme protests are big in your part of the world. Is a Zombie march even possible within the collective conscience of your countrymen?

Erana:

Labyrinth:
will snip for braaaiiins

It would be better if they weren't all smiling... XD

Still, I am a bit... well, weird feeling at the idea that these odd people are the people I associate with. Still, is DAMM in those pictures? Point him out; I like to know what the IRC regulars look like.

I would be the fellow with the long dark hair, second from the right in the picture at the top of the OP - about to be relieved of an arm by Insert Comedy Here.

I shall return to IRC as soon as my laptop deigns to connect to the internets again. Damn those pixies.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here