Dr Who fans, I need your help

Pages 1 2 NEXT

So I've been pondering getting a Dr. Who tattoo, because the character and series has had a huge impact on my life and helped make me who I am today. Trouble is, I'm having a hard time coming up with the right image. The obvious choice is a TARDIS, of course, but I'd rather do a symbol than a picture, simply because I think they work better as tattoos. But what? I'm stumped.

And, please, if tattoos are not your taste, that's perfectly fine, but please do not use this thread to voice that argument. I'm simply asking for ideas from people who know and understand the series.

Maybe just a Gallifreyan circle image?

If you can find the pattern, go with the design on the fob watch from "Human Nature" & "The Family of Blood". Gotta love Time Lord runes

Could get that Badwolf thing tattooed on you somewhere.

I don't know much about Dr. Who.

Macgyvercas:
If you can find the pattern, go with the design on the fob watch from "Human Nature" & "The Family of Blood". Gotta love Time Lord runes

I think that's a great idea! After all the design on that watch was very charming.

However such a delicate pattern would take a while and thereby would be quite painful, i had a rather simple design (a family nordic symbol) on my arm, and even that hurt.

Susan Arendt:
So I've been pondering getting a Dr. Who tattoo, because the character and series has had a huge impact on my life and helped make me who I am today. Trouble is, I'm having a hard time coming up with the right image. The obvious choice is a TARDIS, of course, but I'd rather do a symbol than a picture, simply because I think they work better as tattoos. But what? I'm stumped.

And, please, if tattoos are not your taste, that's perfectly fine, but please do not use this thread to voice that argument. I'm simply asking for ideas from people who know and understand the series.

In the original series (pre-1990) several of the doctors used a stylised question mark as a motif. The downsides are that probably no-one will have the faintest clue what it means, and if you only really know the recent series it won't mean so much to you either.

Pillypill:

Macgyvercas:

I think that's a great idea! After all the design on that watch was very charming.

However such a delicate pattern would take a while and thereby would be quite painful, i had a rather simple design (a family nordic symbol) on my arm, and even that hurt.

Meh, I'm not worried about the pain so much as having something that really feels Whovian to me.

Seal of Rassilon? It's cool, and you could pass it off as a tribal tattoo if you need to be an undercover nerd.

Hmm. Apart from what's already been mentioned (damn those Ninjas of Rassilon), you could go for a sort of pattern of the various sonic screwdriver models, or possibly

EDIT THE THIRD: An Omega (Ω) on the back of the hand? As long as you don't wind up blowing up stars and whatnot.
Or Theta Sigma (Θ Σ)?

Don't get a tattoo :|

You'll regret it later

Hmm...
I thought The Master had a symbol for a while...
Guess you could go with Torchwood's logo... I don't really know what it looks like, but Torchwood was a spin-off of Doctor Who.

Other than that...
huh...
I believe both The Cyber Men Army and the Dalek Empire had their own respective symbols...
again, I just don't remember exactly how they looked...

DragonsAteMyMarbles:

I don't know. I'd definitely wait to see where they go with that first. It could turn out to be an annoyingly goofy twist. Like getting a Jar Jar tattoo before TPM came out.

Whatever you get, be sure to choose carefully; you're going to have it for the rest of your life.

TheDoctor455:
Hmm...
I thought The Master had a symbol for a while...
Guess you could go with Torchwood's logo... I don't really know what it looks like, but Torchwood was a spin-off of Doctor Who.

Other than that...
huh...
I believe both The Cyber Men Army and the Dalek Empire had their own respective symbols...
again, I just don't remember exactly how they looked...

I haven't found anything for the Master or the Daleks (short of the Daleks themselves) but I'll keep looking.

Just get some of Christopher Eccleston's best lines tattooed on, for example:

"I'm the Doctor by the way. Run for your life!"

"Broken, broken, broken, hairdryer, broken..."

You could try a Dalek symbol.

And possibly a Dalek cosplay outfit while you are at it.

*flexs mental muscles*

The Seal of Rassilon

The TimeLord Chameleon Watch

The Master's Ring

Fishfingers and Custard, Jelly Babies, 1963-Infinity, a Weeping Angel, a gas mask, hundreds of possible ideas.

Or cheat and use ZZ 9 Plural Z Alpha, which is our solar system in both Who/HHGttG universes.

"If lost, please return to Sol 3"

I think this is a pretty cool Doctor Who tat

Actually, this one is perfect as it takes a moment to get it.

sans cap, of course.

Martster:
I think this is a pretty cool Doctor Who tat

Yeah, I was also thinking about something with a Dalek. They or the TARDIS are probably the most recognizeable symbols.
Or a simple "Exterminate!" or similar.

One of the logos? Fairly plain though.

Or perhaps the bit at the top of the TARDIS, across your back or arm.

Or a Cyberman helmet!

Just get "EXTERMINATE!" written across your shoulderblades.

Backless dresses could be awesome personified.

Susan Arendt:

heh...How about a picture of the time tunnel thing and underneath written "eeoooooweeeee ooooooooooo....wEEEEEEEE EEEE OOOOOOOOO!"

:)

canadamus_prime:
Whatever you get, be sure to choose carefully; you're going to have it for the rest of your life.

Yes, thanks, I'm aware of the concept of tattoos.

Eukaryote:
Don't get a tattoo :|

You'll regret it later

I'm a grown woman, one who already happens to have a tattoo, not some teenager out on a drunken whim.

So far the seal of Rassillon is my favorite, though I'd be annoyed if someone did mistake it for an ordinary tribal tattoo. Which wouldn't be their fault, mind. They can't help it if they're not cool enough to know what it is. ;)

canadamus_prime:

A lot of people like the idea of a tattoo, but are worried they might get fed up with it. I have the perfect solution to this problem.

Spend some time thinking about one you really want, then get it tattooed on your next door neighbour. That way you can see it whenever you want, and if you ever get fed up with it just move house.

Susan Arendt:

DAMN YOU SUSAN!!! The idea is now firmly stuck in my head! I've found myself doodling possible designs in the middle of the class (it was a REALLY boring CSC lecture). Now I will not be able to rest until I get it off my hands, figuratively speaking.

Give me a day to make them look... presentable. Just don't get your hopes up, I'm not an artist (just look at my submission for the Primp My Pony).

Oh and... you know... DAMN YOU!!! and such...

The new Dr. Who logo?
The one with the DW in the shape of a tardis, sorry, T.A.R.D.I.S. :P

Though it might be abit boring -but- it would be obvious and not liable to be mistaken for anything else.

Or BADWOLF written in . . . time lord? Is that a species? :S
Anyway, it's two levels of fandom right there.

Tattoo a scarf around your neck and much of upper body!

Or a stylized Dalek profile in the middle of your back!

U.N.I.T. symbols if you're feeling militaristic.

The_root_of_all_evil:
*flexs mental muscles*

The TimeLord Chameleon Watch

This is kind of a cool idea, but obv could go horribly wrong, depending on the artist.
(EDIT: due to the intricate design I mean)

personally, I would do something with this:

robakerson:

personally, I would do something with this:

It's not great if someone's staring, unblinking, at your body for a long time though, is it? :)

I think a weeping angel would be amazing. Or f your looking for more of a symbol then a stylized Blaidd Drwg. (Bad Wolf in Celtic)

Not a weeping angel, remember that the image of an angel becomes itself an angel!

I'd actually recommend the new Doctor Who "shield", which is used as the new logo.

Something simple, like "Don't Blink!".

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked