Escapism Melbourne 2010, details!

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

For those of you who are cool enough to be attending Escapism Melbourne 2010 i have good news, its all planned.

When i hear you say, why on the 12th of June. My calendar tells me that this is a long weekend so you should have no excuses.

Where i bet you are wondering. Outside of EB games at 11am sharp would be the place to be. If you don't know where that is, google it hippie! Or ill meet you elsewhere, that works too.

What, are we going to do? I hear you wonder. What cant we do, we can go bowling, laser tag, imax and even the ART GALLERY. Get some culture into you damn kids.

So be there, or be square. And by square i mean boring.

Oh and ill have a backpack with a Chewbacca lego toy attached to the front so you can recognize me. If you want to know what i look like, check out the Accent thread mark 2.

EDIT: Oh and, group!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Aussie-Escapists

Check it out!

Confirmed:
Me!
Blueberryfalacy
Paraptor
Marq
Doughboy
Kimbalion
Terribleyetfun

Sounds kinda cool, unfortunatley I live in Perth so I'm about a thousand miles away.... still to all those in East Australia who can go I hope you have a good time.

ottenni:
If you want to know what i look like, check out the Accent thread mark 2.

For those too lazy to check up.

Anyway, good luck Australians! The Irish Escapism seems to have fallen through a bit, again, but it's nice to see this is still going.

Furburt:

ottenni:
If you want to know what i look like, check out the Accent thread mark 2.

For those too lazy to check up.

Anyway, good luck Australians! The Irish Escapism seems to have fallen through a bit, again, but it's nice to see this is still going.

AHHHHHH ITS ME!

Ahem. Thank you Furburt. And good luck with your escapismisms.

In in Adelaide and although I could probably drive to Melbourne on one tank of gas, I dunno whether I can be bothered. Also, it's Victoria, so... :P

Umm which EB ottenti and what time should we all turn up?

BlueberryFalacy:

There are 2 EB's in Melbourne Central?

Well the one near donut king. And the time is 11am. So no early morning for me to catch the train. Hooray!

June 12th, eh?

Better start walking...It's quite a trek from America, I hear.

ottenni:

BlueberryFalacy:

Well the one near donut king. And the time is 11am. So no early morning for me to catch the train. Hooray!

Well you hadn't mentioned Central so how was I to know, and I'll probably be there a tad early that day as I have a 2 hour trip so might as well make the most of the day and go visit a few of the stores as well

BlueberryFalacy:

ottenni:

BlueberryFalacy:

Well you hadn't mentioned Central so how was I to know, and I'll probably be there a tad early that day as I have a 2 hour trip so might as well make the most of the day and go visit a few of the stores as well

Yeah i have a 2 hour trip as well, hence why its at 11. Saves me getting up early.

ottenni:

BlueberryFalacy:

There's an EB at Melbourne Central?!
I'll have to look at the store map or something...

Anyway, I should be able to make it. Work experience could possibly get in the way, but I think that might be later.

Oh yeah, & it feels damn fine being able to get there in half an hour, I can tell you.

Ehh, I'm in Adelaide. Boooo.

Hope you guys have a blast. Take pictures!

I'm interested. But at the same time, new people and social activities with new people are quite scary. I think I'm going to have to think about this one...

Pararaptor:

Anyway, I should be able to make it. Work experience could possibly get in the way, but I think that might be later.

Oh yeah, & it feels damn fine being able to get there in half an hour, I can tell you.

Melbourne
Shop 062, Melbourne Central Shpng Cntr, La Trobe St (cnr Swanston St)

that should help, I only asked as Melbourne has 3 EB's apparently (one in centeral at the corner of swanston, one further down swanston and one on elizabeth)

Ok. Yeah. Right here. I'll stomp on down. Make sure someone has a camera. Or a video. Or is a really fast painter. Or is a cowboy. Riding a dinosaur.

Fuck, I'm so tired.

latenightapplepie:
I'm interested. But at the same time, new people and social activities with new people are quite scary. I think I'm going to have to think about this one...

Do it. Your imaginary friends on the internet become real friends. Additionally, meeting new people is something you have to do anyway, so you may as well meet people you already have something in common with. Also, it's fun. Furthermore, this is the Escapist community and you're a part of it. Fourthly, you'll regret it if you don't. Thirteenthly, if intimidation is a factor, then I swear to Oden if you don't come willingly I'll hunt you down and drag you around all day by the collar anyway.

BlueberryFalacy:

Pararaptor:

Melbourne
Shop 062, Melbourne Central Shpng Cntr, La Trobe St (cnr Swanston St)

that should help, I only asked as Melbourne has 3 EB's apparently (one in centeral at the corner of swanston, one further down swanston and one on elizabeth)

Don't worry, I know it's in Melbourne Central & where Melbourne Central is, just where in Melbourne Central it is.
I'll probably rock down there today, see if I can find it.

Pararaptor:

Don't worry, I know it's in Melbourne Central & where Melbourne Central is, just where in Melbourne Central it is.
I'll probably rock down there today, see if I can find it.

it's on the ground floor and looks to be at the north end of little lonsdale (if you are going to check can you verify this for me?

latenightapplepie:

There will be donuts.

Are you enticed yet?

Marq:
Ok. Yeah. Right here. I'll stomp on down. Make sure someone has a camera. Or a video. Or is a really fast painter. Or is a cowboy. Riding a dinosaur.

Camera, yes. I'm working on that. I may have to beg or steal though. So if it has blood on it don't ask.

Maybe 2011, then I'll be down there (Though still about 15 hours drive away) But hell, I've driven to Chicago from Richmond, so maybe Brisbane to Melbourne won't be too terrible.

Unfortunately I'm at the Gold Coast, so I won't be able to attend, but please post plenty of info about how it goes

Go see an AFL game! God I hate living in country N.S.W sometimes.

I might go. Not to sure if anything's happening elsewhere at the same time.
EDIT: Can't go too young it'd be weird.

madbird-valiant:
In in Adelaide and although I could probably drive to Melbourne on one tank of gas, I dunno whether I can be bothered. Also, it's Victoria, so... :P

Oi! That's "the beautiful, wonderous, fantastic, delightful and perfect State of Victoria" to you, pal :P

I'll probably come. 3 hours drive, but why not. It'll be fun.

We need to do an Escapism Undisclosed Location for those of us who don't live in... wherever.

Traveling from Brisbane all the way to Melbourne just to meet a bunch of internet nerds...

SOUNDS FUN.

I might be there if I have nothing else happening.

Marq:

OOOOOOH can we get Twoflower's little demon guy doing all the painting in the camera? He'd make awesome pictures, I'm sure of it!

Marq:

latenightapplepie:

Do it. Your imaginary friends on the internet become real friends. Additionally, meeting new people is something you have to do anyway, so you may as well meet people you already have something in common with. Also, it's fun. Furthermore, this is the Escapist community and you're a part of it. Fourthly, you'll regret it if you don't. Thirteenthly, if intimidation is a factor, then I swear to Oden if you don't come willingly I'll hunt you down and drag you around all day by the collar anyway.

Ok, first things first: That collar thing sounds kinky ;)

Secondly, of course it's scary. It's random people from teh internetz.... I, sadly, won't be in attendance despite living a mere 15 minutes away because I am refusing to leave the house until and unless I am not elephant sized erm, washing my hair. I am definitely washing my hair that day.

I'm in Sydney, won't be able to make it. Questions though; where/what is Escapism Melbourne 2010? Is it just some excuse to meet some Escapists face to face? Let me know how awkward it is on a scale of "Not awkward at all, everyone got along great" to "OMFG no one's speaking and it's been silent for 10 minutes can I go now?".

Elle-Jai:
Oi! That's "the beautiful, wonderous, fantastic, delightful and perfect State of Victoria" to you, pal :P

Having spent a few months in Pakenham, no, it's not.

RhomCo:

I deny that that place is anywhere in my beautiful state. I'm an Eastern suburbs girl born and bred, although currently in South Melbourne. It's much nicer my side of town :D

Elle-Jai:

RhomCo:

I deny that that place is anywhere in my beautiful state. I'm an Eastern suburbs girl born and bred, although currently in South Melbourne. It's much nicer my side of town :D

Unfortunately my mental map of Melbourne is pretty much just the shittiest parts and the trainlines/bus routes between them.

RhomCo:
Unfortunately my mental map of Melbourne is pretty much just the shittiest parts and the trainlines/bus routes between them.

We'll have to fix that then. Can't be having anyone hate one of the world's most livable cities, now can we?

Elle-Jai:
We'll have to fix that then. Can't be having anyone hate one of the world's most livable cities, now can we?

I didn't mind Crackenham... being born and bred a Salisbury boy, it reminded of where I grew up. Especially all the mullets.

ottenni:
Snip.

Ottenni! I demand that you place some sort of formal and obligatory link to the Aussie Escapist's User Group!

Elle-Jai:

madbird-valiant:

Hehe, "perfect state, beautiful" yeah right, bud. From what I've seen the streets are hard to navigate and the air smells like crap.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked