Escapism Melbourne 2010, details!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Zeeky_Santos:
Hehe, "perfect state, beautiful" yeah right, bud. From what I've seen the streets are hard to navigate and the air smells like crap.

Are we speaking about the same beautiful city? MY beautiful city??? I'm not insulting your city hun, let's not get all inter-city personal here lol.

RhomCo:
I didn't mind Crackenham... being born and bred a Salisbury boy, it reminded of where I grew up. Especially all the mullets.

I continue to deny that is anywhere in Melbourne's outskirts. An ex of mine came from there too. Another valid reason to pretend it doesn't exist...

Zeeky_Santos:

Elle-Jai:

madbird-valiant:
In in Adelaide and although I could probably drive to Melbourne on one tank of gas, I dunno whether I can be bothered. Also, it's Victoria, so... :P

Oi! That's "the beautiful, wonderous, fantastic, delightful and perfect State of Victoria" to you, pal :P

Hehe, "perfect state, beautiful" yeah right, bud. From what I've seen the streets are hard to navigate and the air smells like crap.

That may be true[1], but we've got the cleanest-tasting tap water this side of the equator.

[1] Wouldn't know, can't smell for shit.

Zeeky_Santos:

ottenni:
Snip.

Ottenni! I demand that you place some sort of formal and obligatory link to the Aussie Escapist's User Group!

Consider it done. Ill put it in the OP.

ottenni:

Zeeky_Santos:

ottenni:
Snip.

Ottenni! I demand that you place some sort of formal and obligatory link to the Aussie Escapist's User Group!

While you're at it, why not make a list of who's confirmed?

Mr. Mike:
I'm in Sydney, won't be able to make it. Questions though; where/what is Escapism Melbourne 2010? Is it just some excuse to meet some Escapists face to face? Let me know how awkward it is on a scale of "Not awkward at all, everyone got along great" to "OMFG no one's speaking and it's been silent for 10 minutes can I go now?".

Pretty much an excuse for Escapists to meet up in the outernet. Organised by users, no "official" oversight, get together and tear up a city. There's been several before. To my knowledge, this is the first in Melbourne, but there's been a small slew in Sydney. It's not awkward at all, because were all in the same boat. Initial identification can be.. strange, but once you're there it's all good.

Elle-Jai:

Marq:

latenightapplepie:
I'm interested. But at the same time, new people and social activities with new people are quite scary. I think I'm going to have to think about this one...

Do it. Your imaginary friends on the internet become real friends. Additionally, meeting new people is something you have to do anyway, so you may as well meet people you already have something in common with. Also, it's fun. Furthermore, this is the Escapist community and you're a part of it. Fourthly, you'll regret it if you don't. Thirteenthly, if intimidation is a factor, then I swear to Oden if you don't come willingly I'll hunt you down and drag you around all day by the collar anyway.

Ok, first things first: That collar thing sounds kinky ;)

Oh the collar might be just the beginning...

;D

Pararaptor:

ottenni:

Zeeky_Santos:

ottenni:
Snip.

While you're at it, why not make a list of who's confirmed?

Why not. Consider that done as well. In the OP as well.

Marq:

;D

Damn it, that's going to be stuck in my head for hours lol.

And I'm still washing my hair, so...

PIX OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN lol

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to this, however I am planning on spending my Schoolies in Melbourne. That'll be end of October, November kind of timing. I'll bring my bowler.

Elle-Jai:

Marq:

;D

Well I'll cement it into your mind further; If the collar is the beginning, contemplate the middle and end... :O

And you won't need pics, you can come see for yourself..Ah, I can't be bothered to actually bring a collar

Elle-Jai:

RhomCo:
I didn't mind Crackenham... being born and bred a Salisbury boy, it reminded of where I grew up. Especially all the mullets.

I continue to deny that is anywhere in Melbourne's outskirts. An ex of mine came from there too. Another valid reason to pretend it doesn't exist...

Okay... you can deny that place but then I'll just have to use Frankston as my example of Victoria's imperfection.

Elle-Jai:
I'm not insulting your city hun

Considering Adelaide's reputation for freaky cult murders, it's probably best not to.

RhomCo:

Elle-Jai:

RhomCo:

Okay... you can deny that place but then I'll just have to use Frankston as my example of Victoria's imperfection.

Why say Frankston when you could say Dandenong, or Reservoir. Or even MOE

Ok ill stop mentioning all the shitty places.

Elle-Jai:

madbird-valiant:
In in Adelaide and although I could probably drive to Melbourne on one tank of gas, I dunno whether I can be bothered. Also, it's Victoria, so... :P

Oi! That's "the beautiful, wonderous, fantastic, delightful and perfect State of Victoria" to you, pal :P

Why yes, it IS a beautiful state. Shame about all the Victorians!

Aw yeah. In your face.

I hate being in England, and a minor, and lazy.

Calumon: Could be worse. You could be fat!

Jack: I'm fairly sure the only Reason I'm not fat is because I play with you so much.

Calumon: ^^

Marq:

Elle-Jai:

Marq:

;D

Well I'll cement it into your mind further; If the collar is the beginning, contemplate the middle and end... :O

And you won't need pics, you can come see for yourself..Ah, I can't be bothered to actually bring a collar

I'll do it, want spiked, dog, leather or felt?

ottenni:

Ok ill stop mentioning all the shitty places.

Hey don't forget Churchill, Mildura (I have my own reasons for that one too), Rosedale, Bairnsdale, Yarram, and actually the whole of Gippsland...sad thing about this is that i live in gippy :(

AshPox:
Traveling from Brisbane all the way to Melbourne just to meet a bunch of internet nerds...

SOUNDS FUN.

I might be there if I have nothing else happening.

You sound like my kinda friend, did the same thing for Beermagedon a few years back

BlueberryFalacy:

Hey don't forget Churchill, Mildura (I have my own reasons for that one too), Rosedale, Bairnsdale, Yarram, and actually the whole of Gippsland...sad thing about this is that i live in gippy :(

Churchill isn't that bad, its the Don that you need to worry about. Its not nearly as bad as Moe town or Traralgon.

ottenni:

BlueberryFalacy:

Churchill isn't that bad, its the Don that you need to worry about. Its not nearly as bad as Moe town or Traralgon.

Alot more shit going down there now.

BlueberryFalacy:

Marq:

Surprise me. Super surprise me.

Double post... my bad

Vrex360:
Sounds kinda cool, unfortunatley I live in Perth so I'm about a thousand miles away.... still to all those in East Australia who can go I hope you have a good time.

I, also, am in Perth.

Pararaptor:

Zeeky_Santos:

Elle-Jai:

madbird-valiant:

That may be true[1], but we've got the cleanest-tasting tap water this side of the equator.

Untrue. Go to Mossman, QLD.

Ever heard of Mossman Gorge? It has more visitors annually than Uluru (you know, Ayers Rock).

Well the fresh spring water is filtered by recently intalled, state of the art microfilters (don't have all of the details so don't ask for them) which cost a pretty penny. Over a million dollars in cost of parts, not labor, if I'm not mistaken.

Tastes better than Evian.

[1] Wouldn't know, can't smell for shit.

Marq:

BlueberryFalacy:

Marq:

Don't tempt me

BlueberryFalacy:

ottenni:

BlueberryFalacy:

Alot more shit going down there now.

Whats going on in Churchill? Nothing interesting ever happens there.

RhomCo:

Elle-Jai:

RhomCo:

Another ex, another town.... Still in denial. Although at least that's near the Mornington Peninsula, a most delightful and frolicsome location :)

RhomCo:
Considering Adelaide's reputation for freaky cult murders, it's probably best not to.

Heh. I missed the memo. Last I heard it was still kinda boring :S

Seriously. I don't think I've ever heard anything about Adelaide except "It exists"...

ottenni:

Did somebody miss Broadmeadows? Franga's just... uncultured, uneducated. Can be fixed except it's funnier this way. Dandy's not too bad, except a few of the migrants unfortunately missed the memo that THIS IS AUSTRALIA, WE'RE ALL MEANT TO BE SAFE HERE and consequently armed up (thereby ruining both our rights to safety). Reservoir could be worse. MOE as you put it... Well, less said best said. Although slippers do come to mind... I haven't been down there since I was like, 16 (which was 7 years ago). Heh.

Try BOC HIWL! (Box Hill). My town. It's Asia-in-Australia. Yummy food and cute stationary shops though lol

BlueberryFalacy:

Marq:

BlueberryFalacy:

Don't tempt me

Can I tempt you?! DO IT!!! Lol

Elle-Jai:

BlueberryFalacy:

Marq:

BlueberryFalacy:

Don't tempt me

Can I tempt you?! DO IT!!! Lol

Come and I'll wear it myself, all day.

Elle-Jai:

RhomCo:

Heh. I missed the memo. Last I heard it was still kinda boring :S

It's pretty good if you know the right people and have the right attitude but that goes for everywhere.

For example, I've had mates visit from interstate and bitch about how boring Adelaide was but when they were here but all they wanted to do was sit around and pull cones all day. Of course, when I visited them that's all they wanted to do as well so for those visits I got to do fuck all of interest until I got bored so shitless I'd leave their place and go exploring by myself (which generally involved randomly going to pubs and talking with people).

The only real adjustment people need when coming to Adelaide is water taps labelled 'chewy' and 'crunchy'. Like any true local, I don't drink anything I can see through.

BlueberryFalacy:
Come and I'll wear it myself, all day.

Tempting, but then, I rarely subject myself to public humiliation when I don't have to. And having somehow managed to let myself get to the size of Elephant... Elephants are cute, but if I have to have one more talk that goes "You're so beautiful, and you'd be even more beautiful once you lose weight" I will SCREAM.

Ergo, the washing of hair seems like the more logical solution of what to do 11 days after my 23rd.

Elle-Jai:
if I have to have one more talk that goes "You're so beautiful, and you'd be even more beautiful once you lose weight" I will SCREAM.

Wait, people actually say that to you with outside voice and everything... and you let them live? I recommend a hearty round of facestabbings as a warning.

Ergo, the washing of hair seems like the more logical solution of what to do 11 days after my 23rd.

It's even better to tell people you're washing your hair when you have a shaved head. They almost always ask "what hair?" which is the openning for "My arse hair. It needs a trim and styling, too, because no matter what I try it always has a centre part."

You guys are Australian? I really do wonder how many Aussies are on here.

Honestly I'd love to go, but I'm a Sydney sider - I already met my Melbourne quota seeing Richard Dawkins and A.C Grayling. If you guys are ever by Sydney, just let me know. I do love Melbourne, not a fan of the weather there though. The one thing in common with the entire east coast is that they love to make fun of Tasmania.

RhomCo:

Elle-Jai:
if I have to have one more talk that goes "You're so beautiful, and you'd be even more beautiful once you lose weight" I will SCREAM.

Wait, people actually say that to you with outside voice and everything... and you let them live? I recommend a hearty round of facestabbings as a warning.

Outside voice, inside voice, people who love me, random strangers... It's especially good when random strangers just take one look, say at the top of their voice "FAT C***" on a Saturday night in the city. 'Sif I'm not aware *eyeroll*

Meanwhile... ROFLMAO!! Since my 23rd is on the 1st, I'm getting it cut and coloured all nice shiny red with black underneath before then. So it should still be all prettified, and I'll probably just sit around admiring myself. /sarcasm

Melbourne's a bit far to me. I'll probally go to the next sydney one, but I hope it goes well regardless.

DoW Lowen:
You guys are Australian?

No but I play one on tv.

Elle-Jai:
Meanwhile... ROFLMAO!! Since my 23rd is on the 1st, I'm getting it cut and coloured all nice shiny red with black underneath before then. So it should still be all prettified, and I'll probably just sit around admiring myself. /sarcasm

You could make some extra admirers out of cardboard tubes and crete paper.

RhomCo:
You could make some extra admirers out of cardboard tubes and crete paper.

Or I could credit my electric guitar and violin with personalities lol. Or just let my dogs admire me... Oh wait, they do that normally :D

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked