Manly man of Sweet Heart
I wants me a MAN
7% (29)
7% (29)
the sweet guy
13.4% (56)
13.4% (56)
Did you make this thread to try to get ladies?
63.5% (265)
63.5% (265)
Other
6.2% (26)
6.2% (26)
Neither
8.4% (35)
8.4% (35)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Ladies, Do you want a manly man, or a sweet guy?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

I like a combination of the two..
I like a guy who will surprise me with something sweet.. who likes animals and has a sensitive side... but I like a man who will be a MAN.. not take shit from anyone, stands up for what he believes in.. wont let a woman wrap him around her little finger (but knows how to compromise) ..nothing is a bigger turn off than a man who whines and complains.. ugh.. especially a whiner

SimuLord:

capin Rob:
Ladies, do you want a malny man? Like the guys in old spice comercials, who has more swagger than James Bond and Frank Sintra.

Or do you want a guy that will tell you he loves you everday, and cook for you and be compassionate?

Speaking as a guy who gets his fair share of ladies, I can tell you that manly men and sweet guys are not mutually exclusive, nor should they be.

I'm tough enough to protect the house and the kids and her but sweet enough to romance her and never let her forget that she's loved. A guy who's gonna make it happen has to hit from both sides of the plate on that one.

The man's right, in the end it's no good warming her heart if she doesn't feel safe and protected. You need to give a woman everything she needs.

About 98% of the time, I've been attracted to the "sweet guy." Always have been. The "manly men" are usually total jerks and can't keep up a conversation. Besides, a lot of the sweet guys are (on some level) a little bit on the geeky side and that usually means we have more in common (games, anime, etc.) which is better.

Plus, they won't usually treat you like you're disposable. >.>

Also, you do know that almost all of the votes on this pole were made by guys, right?

Treblaine:

capin Rob:
Ladies, do you want a malny man? Like the guys in old spice comercials, who has more swagger than James Bond and Frank Sintra.

Or do you want a guy that will tell you he loves you everday, and cook for you and be compassionate?

From what I know about Women, they want both - and neither - at the same time.

You sir, may have just discovered the secret behind women.

OT: I am an extremely nice guy, and yet my best friend is a jackass with a huge ego.

Needless to say, he gets all of the girls.

the stonker:
I like sweet guys and manly men but I like a manly guy who is sweet :P

Like a sensitive lumberjack? XD

superbatranger:

the stonker:
I like sweet guys and manly men but I like a manly guy who is sweet :P

Like a sensitive lumberjack? XD

Exactly! :D

The only women I know who want "manly men" are the ones who seem to only want to have sex with things.

Ladies go for the jerks. It is like they like to be lied to.

There is only one truth.

Women are confusing.

When women ovulate, they want a manly man to knock them up, then run to the sweet guy to manipulate him into raising said child.

This is older than dirt.

capin Rob:

ZephrC:
I'm sorry, but women lie. 90% of woman you ask this question will say they prefer sweet guys, but in reality 90% of women are attracted to the manly man.

True, Women are great liars

That's because men are great big suckers who'll buy anything a pretty woman says to them.

My man is both. The only guys who are either are the kind you're best not wanting.

Chancie:
About 98% of the time, I've been attracted to the "sweet guy." Always have been. The "manly men" are usually total jerks and can't keep up a conversation. Besides, a lot of the sweet guys are (on some level) a little bit on the geeky side and that usually means we have more in common (games, anime, etc.) which is better.

Plus, they won't usually treat you like you're disposable. >.>

Sad fact about the "manly" man. Most of them have a one track "I want to get into your pants" mind.

PurpleLeafRave:
I'm not a lady, but EVERY girl I have ever asked has said they dislike manly men, they like cute guys. I think it's just the sluts that like manly men. Why do you think James Bond gets laid so much?

james bond was real, and didnt really get all the tail like he got in the movies.

what about good ol' country boys like me???? cant we get the girls too?

AstylahAthrys:
Technically, women are attracted to the personalities of sweet guys but the pheromones of manly men. I personally will go for either or, but the idea of a sweet guy sounds really appealing to me at the moment. If sometimes we seem like we don't go for the sweet guys ever, it's because experience has taught us that the sweet ones are gay. Gay guys make great friends, but can't ever make a good boyfriend =/

.. excuse me as I sigh about knowing no sweet, straight guys.

Heeeeyyyy!!!

Not to be creepy or anything...

jakeEHTlovless:

There's a novelty of teaching country people about all the things a city has to offer, though the novelty doesn't last too long it's certainly fun for a short ride.

AstylahAthrys:
Technically, women are attracted to the personalities of sweet guys but the pheromones of manly men. I personally will go for either or, but the idea of a sweet guy sounds really appealing to me at the moment. If sometimes we seem like we don't go for the sweet guys ever, it's because experience has taught us that the sweet ones are gay. Gay guys make great friends, but can't ever make a good boyfriend =/

See, this is the problem I have.

I consider myself to be sweet, compassionate and loving but all girls I've ever been around think I'm gay because of it.

I'm not gay goddamn it! I'm just...kinda metro.

I'm not really manly in the sense that I have huge bulging muscels, a giant ego and a complete disrespect for anyone who isn't a manly man like me, but I like to think that I'm strong enough to not be a complete pussy.

Dags90:

jakeEHTlovless:

There's a novelty of teaching country people about all the things a city has to offer, though the novelty doesn't last too long it's certainly fun for a short ride.

I know what the city has to offer, but the country is much more peaceful than the city, and why would'nt a girl want a man that actually works with the sweat of his brow, instead of a guy who sits all day in front of a desk, were's the life in that??

Haha, love how it looks like everyone is basically giving you the finger on this.
No hard feelings, I just find it funny.

Julianking93:

AstylahAthrys:

See, this is the problem I have.

I consider myself to be sweet, compassionate and loving but all girls I've ever been around think I'm gay because of it.

I'm not gay goddamn it! I'm just...kinda metro.

I'm not really manly in the sense that I have huge bulging muscels, a giant ego and a complete disrespect for anyone who isn't a manly man like me, but I like to think that I'm strong enough to not be a complete pussy.

Pretty much exactly this. Well except for the metro part...
I tend to be nice and sweet, yet I can still defend myself, and they think I'm gay >_<

But yeah, from my experience women would prefer both, but also from my experience they go for the manly men if they have to choose.

Then again my experiences are from high school, a seeping cauldron of messed up emotions, I can't really make any definitive statements.

To be truly honest women go for whoever takes their fancy at a particular time just like guys do

jakeEHTlovless:

PurpleLeafRave:
I'm not a lady, but EVERY girl I have ever asked has said they dislike manly men, they like cute guys. I think it's just the sluts that like manly men. Why do you think James Bond gets laid so much?

james bond was real, and didnt really get all the tail like he got in the movies.

Well, I'm sure that if any REAL spy was that laughably conspicuous as the movies' James Bond he'd be dead within the day. Then again, if there were real people like the villains in the Bond movies, maybe not. In any case, it's irrelevant; anyone with a fully functioning brain can tell that the Bond movies abandoned any pretense of realism a while ago.

Not like a lot of chick flicks are that much better... I'm looking at you, Twilight. (And no, actually the fact that they were vampires didn't faze me at all. It was mostly that the characters had all the charisma and personalty of a cereal box.)

Why cant a guy be both? I find that i can be

Hito-Chan:

jakeEHTlovless:

PurpleLeafRave:

Well, I'm sure that if any REAL spy was that laughably conspicuous as the movies' James Bond he'd be dead within the day. Then again, if there were real people like the villains in the Bond movies, maybe not. In any case, it's irrelevant; anyone with a fully functioning brain can tell that the Bond movies abandoned any pretense of realism a while ago.

Not like a lot of chick flicks are that much better... I'm looking at you, Twilight. (And no, actually the fact that they were vampires didn't faze me at all. It was mostly that the characters had all the charisma and personalty of a cereal box.)

yea, in real life, 007 was a real spy, not a badass dude who got the ladies all the time. theres books about his real life as a spy, and the movies were just made to entertaine *srry for spelling

wizzerd229:
Why cant a guy be both? I find that i can be

amen, i mean, there are some douche bags out there, but not all of us are douches, i classify my self as pretty much the romance kinda guy, instead of the "get in some girls pants persona". so, im 100% with you on that one

*cough objectification of women *cough cough

It strikes me that girls say they want cute, funny, smart ... you know who I mean but they always go for the love 'em and leave 'em kind then bitch about how they were used and he was a "jerk".

I can't answer 'cos I have a Y.

ZephrC:
I'm sorry, but women lie. 90% of woman you ask this question will say they prefer sweet guys, but in reality 90% of women are attracted to the manly man.

Damn straight! Those are likely the most honest words I have ever read on the escapist.

Kudo's for pointing that out.

To the OP: Obviously you are a "sweet" guy, otherwise you wouldn't be asking. See, manly guys already know that women are attracted to them, it's only the sweet guys who are unsure. Which further validates the idea that women prefer the manly man, but say they prefer the sweet guy.

See how it works is that confidence is attractive, so women are often attracted to manly men. However as said before, many turn out to be jerks, and don't last long in a relationship.

capin Rob:

RouxBelle:
can't they be a bit of both? my bf is a manly man, yet he can be very sweet. and why does it have to be those two extremes? there are different girl's who want more than just a manly man or a sweet guy.

I was going to make a 'both' category, but I hit enter and messed it up, u can blame that on me being a dummy.

that's okay. sorry if i sounded kinda bitchy =P

williebaz:
*cough objectification of women *cough cough

*cough throwing around terms you don't understand *cough cough

Most women have no ideal what they want. There led to believe they should get the perfect man but heres the really twisted thing if they do find thier perfect man they become insecure and then sabotage the relationship.

There is no "right" answer here. There's nothing set in stone for what defines "manly" or "sweet."

Sometimes the guy who's an absolute stone heart who's got the personality of a slab of granite will be sweeter than Mr. Bleeding heart for a single instance where they show someone important what they're feeling.

Other times that "sweet" guy will be absolutely manly when he floors Captain Douche Bag for trying to cop a feelie.

Regardless, it doesn't really matter that much- the majority doesn't matter, it's whom you're with that counts. Trying to paint people in broad strokes like this is just a bad idea.

Good morning blues:
This is a false dichotomy.

Ding ding ding. Winner! Personality types are a hideous maze of continuums (continuui?) which can slide in multiple directions at any given time. It's like stating that the only two possible preferences for body shape are anorexic or bloated. Relationships just don't work like that I'm afraid, for all it would undoubtedly be simpler if they did. Les sinteresting, however.

I digress.

Being part of your target demographic let me explain my own preferences. I like people who are intelligent, challenging, confident and creative. None of those are characteristics specific to other personality types though I dislike douchebag behaviour immensely.

The stereotype of a "manly man" is only justifiable when taken in comedy. A "sweet" person is all fine and good, I can get along with people like that easily. It's when someone is a Nice Guytm that I get.. irate, to say the least. Nice Guytms are manipulative, emotionally abusive, narcissistic fools who heap all the issues of their personalities onto the women they attempt to date and pine for attention in a manner that would shame a spoilt 9-year-old.

I'd also like to add this is horrendously heteronormative.

ZephrC:

I'm curious, have you ever actually spoken to enough women to make that analysis? Generalisations like that add nothing but a spiteful tang to an otherwise.. potentially interesting conversation.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked