Bleach (the anime), and the reasons it got bad.

Pages PREV 1 2

Korolev:

What really annoys me is the weird, fluctuating power-levels. Person A is shown to have been beaten by Person B. But then Person A can then totally defeat someone who destroyed Person B, even though B is stronger than when he fought A and A hasn't gotten all that much more powerful.

Also, Ichigo never seems to make any progress. He's always weaker than his opponents until he pulls a new power out of his rectum, which then totally fails to work against enemies it should work against. I know Kubo wants to build dramatic tension, but the "strength" rankings of his characters get flipped around upside down all the time.

And how many times do people get cut horizontally across the chest from shoulder to waist? 50 times? You'd think they'd start wearing something on that area. And it doesn't seem to do any damage. They can get cut 20 times but it never does anything unless it's near the end of a volume or fight. And they seem to have never-ending blood. And almost no one ever dies, especially almost none of the good guys. Oh sure they get cut up badly, but don't you know it there's always someone with healing magic on hand.

Some of the sword abilities are still interesting. Gin's comes to mind as being particularly interesting. But the actual fights boil down to just one-ups-man-ship and I'm really fed up with Aizen pulling back up plan after back up plan after back up plan out of his ass. Seriously, he's like Adam-West era batman with his "Anti-Shinigami Spray" and "Anti-Yamamoto Gun" and all that sort of nonsense. At this point, what hasn't he been behind? "Aha Ichigo, you know that low Maths test score you got in 5th grade!? I WAS BEHIND THAT TOO! I was also the one who caused you to stub your toe when you were 12! I'M BEHIND EVERYTHING!"

I agree with everything you said, especially the part I bolded. The inconsistency is annoying and it really jumbles everything up in terms of logic.
Espada were consistently built up as incredibly powerful, supposedly surpassing/equaling captains. However the captains rather easily handled all of the espada.
Ichigo handled the captains, but loses against espada or has to do some sort of training to level up. lol...
The fight with Ulqiorra was also pretty stupid, since both sides pulled powerups out of their ass. And now we have Aizen toe to toe with a handful of guys (including a side character out of fucking nowhere for plot purposes) when previously he cut down all the captains without a scratch with the exception of Yamamoto.

Also my favorite character was killed anticlimactically. Halibel deserved better. Then again, a lot of the Bleach side characters deserve better treatment.

I got bad the moment Aizen took his glasses off and combed his hair back, turning him into a generic villain. When you realized he was evil but he still had his nice guy looks, it was creepy as fuck. But the moment he took off his glasses and combed his hair back all that cool creepiness just went away. Bad move...

The whole Vizard arc was pretty cool, but after that it kind of deflated

zpfanatic81195:

Nazulu:

Walkchalk:
I could not bring myself to finish that horrid bount arc. Before that I thought it was amazing. Unfortunately there are some things I jus cannot watch.

Same here. I never thought it was amazing (being filled with filler and annoying explanations all the way) but some of the characters and special techniques I thought were pretty cool, it's exactly the same as Naruto in many ways which I also enjoyed at some points. However the bount arc is ridiculous, it was like a large chunk of filler before the filler before the Espada saga, I just lost complete interest in the end.

hell i can't remember what the fuck it was actually about. something about vampires, right?

They were kinda like vampires in a way except they didn't bite, they used little bug things to absorb there power and they did something with it and I forgot too. :P

ultrachicken:

zpfanatic81195:

ultrachicken:
I think it got pretty stupid once it involved vampires and ghosts-of-other-ghost ninjas

i don't remember any vampires or double ghost ninjas.

Bounts are essentially vampires, they even say so.
Arrancar are ghosts of soul reapers, who are also ghosts, and who are also ninjas (or samurai)

i thought arrancar were hollow somehow given shinigami powers by aizen.
and vizards where the opposite, shinigami that got hollow powers.

OT: as long as they keep up the story arc with aizen that's still going on (in the anime), without another filler, i'll be happy to keep watching. otherwise i'd be disgruntled but keep watching.
(hey, over 200 episodes, like hell i'm going to stop and let all that be an even bigger waste of time)

zpfanatic81195:

Kruxxor:
I think that it went bad just before they rescued Rukia from the Soul Society. Then, after she was rescued, it went seriously down-hill and I can't bring myself to watch anymore.

they rescued her FROM the soul society?

Didn't they? I'm sure they did, the Cat fought against her brother on a bridge while Ichigo and the others rescued Rukia?

Did they not rescue her? It's been a few years, I thought they did?

Kruxxor:

zpfanatic81195:

Kruxxor:
I think that it went bad just before they rescued Rukia from the Soul Society. Then, after she was rescued, it went seriously down-hill and I can't bring myself to watch anymore.

Didn't they? I'm sure they did, the Cat fought against her brother on a bridge while Ichigo and the others rescued Rukia?

Yeah, they saved her, but it was all part of Aizen's plot to get the hogyoku or some shit that was inside Rukia's Gigai, the kogyoku is what let's Aizen make hollows into arrancar.

blakfayt:

Kruxxor:

zpfanatic81195:

Kruxxor:

Yeah, they saved her, but it was all part of Aizen's plot to get the hogyoku or some shit that was inside Rukia's Gigai, the kogyoku is what let's Aizen make hollows into arrancar.

I have no idea what the hell you're on about. I didn't watch the show any further than that.

I got sick of bleach due to the fillers, due to the fact that everytime a interesting battle was about to happen the anime would digress into a episode and half to 3 episodes of flashback detailing the past life of the emo misunderstood bad guy that just dragged the whole pace of the show down. And finally the fact that ichigo and the entire good guy team should be dead 50 times over because they constantly get their behinds handed to them, and the fact ichigo can struggle with a mid level opponent and suddenly pull some miracle powerup to win.

i tried to get into the anime again awhile back watched a few episodes and just gave up, i have read the later mangas which *SPOILERS* ............aizen has been creating ichigo and companies reality or some bs, because he is bound to some demigod spirit or something, hence they been getting more powerful, having miracle power ups and not ending up dog food..........or something like that.

blakfayt:
Ok, so I'm pretty sure we all remember when Bleach (the anime) came out and it was one of the coolest things on TV. Now here we are, four years later and I see almost nothing but hate for it. Now I want to know why you guys think it got bad, but first here are my ideas.
1. It plays itself as being a really serious show, and the manga isn't any different, but in the show almost every five minutes or so some comic relief character jumps up, says something that has a negative impact on the mood that was being created, and honestly just leaves me sitting there thinking, "what the fuck was that?"

2. Filler, they put a filler right in the middle of an arc, then failed to finish the filler, then dropped the arc AGAIN, and went back to the filler, why would you butcher the plot line like that? I can accept the bounts and what not, but no if half way through we had jumped to Aizen and his cohorts then back to the bounts like one doesn't exist in the same continuity.

3. Bankai and everything after. I was exited about bankai, and I like it, it's cool, and it added some really awesome fight scenes, but now it feels like Dragon ball Z with swords. "oh, you had a hidden move, well so do I!" "well that's good, as I was also holding back!" so on and so forth.

4(and final). Comic book deaths. Really, I felt that when Aizen died it added a new edge to the plot, but then he wasn't dead, then Ichigo died, then he wasn't dead, I mean who else do we think is dead but won't be for long? "oh, guess what head captain, while you were fighting Aizen the central 46 (or however many there were, I haven't watched in forever, you know the guys Aizen murdered who ran the soul society) came back from vacation, turns out Aizen only killed their body doubles." I can almost see that happening.
So, what do you think? Different reasons, or did it maybe just get too long?

Pretty much this. Remove the filler and the idiotic comic relief that doesn't fit, and it could have been a kick-ass series. But they didn't, and thus it ain't.

blakfayt:

Kruxxor:

zpfanatic81195:

Kruxxor:

wait, in her Gigai? wasn't it in a little glass box that Aizen was going to use to destroy the royal family?......

I still watch it but mostly for one reason: The anticipation of seeing the fights in animated version, and until now, I have not been disappoint.

Yeah the fillers are terribly crappy but I do enjoy the comic relief from time to time, but that's just me. But say what you want, the fight animation are awesome. the last fight with

was an absolute pleasure to watch! It almost made going through the entire filler before it worth it

but that's just my opinion

*prepares for hate* I.. I like Bleach!

I realize there's alot of filler (which pisses me off to no end) But the show has always kept me interested. Also the other thing I dont like is the way some of the fights drag on..

Person A: You thought you had me beaten! Well I have a SECRET power!
Person B: Oh yeah? It's nothing compared to MY secret power!
Person A: But wait! I have another secret power!
Person B: My other secret powers bigger!

Yeah and so on.. But I still like bleach!

blakfayt:

zpfanatic81195:
for abedeus: i think your confusing bankai with shinigami, cause the shinigami were from death note, not bleach.

Shinigami was used in both, as I stated above, Shinigami =God of death, which is what the soul reapers were (sort of) watch an episode in japanese and they say shinigami like thirty times in one episode.

This is more the two archetypes of Death/Grim Reapers/Shinigami rather than a conflict of definitions: One causes death, the other just cleans up the mess afterwords.

zpfanatic81195:

blakfayt:

Kruxxor:

zpfanatic81195:

Kruxxor:

wait, in her Gigai? wasn't it in a little glass box that Aizen was going to use to destroy the royal family?......

It was removed from her in when he made his escape from the soul society.

Also, as a general rule: Filler is anything that is was not taken from the Manga in series' like Bleach and Naruto. Quite a bit of the mid-battle "flashbacks" are part of the story and not filler by that definition. Large extranious storyarchs, however, are clearly filler.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked