Did they show you this video in High School?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Back when I was a Freshman in High School the Principal decided to show this video in order to prove that dress code is a safety measure. And no this wasn't showed, because of Columbine.

I'm asking this question since I had friends from other high schools tell me they were forced to watch it along with an hour long speech on why dress code is important to the student body.

So did your high school make you watch it?

No, never saw that video.

We didn't have a dress code either. :p

Nope, I live in Australia.

No school shootings here, no sir.

Also, we all wear uniforms anyway.

I've definitely seen that video before in an official setting, but I don't remember if it was in school. It probably was, though, since I can't think of any other reason I would have been made to watch it. But then my school didn't really care how the kids dressed, as long as they did.

I'm pretty sure there is no schools here in Denmark that has a dresscode.

We also dont have everyone and their mother running around with guns.

The_Healer:

Ha, we don't.

Nope. We just drilled constantly about how it's okay to masturbate.

Yeah, like that guy could have hidden a rifle in his pants. He would have been walking like a freak.

No, my high school doesn't have much of a dress code, just shirt, pants, shoes, not a lot of cleavage, no more than 2 inches of boxers showing.

My face when i saw the uzi:

O face Pictures, Images and Photos

Never seen it before today.

I gotta say that anyone packing that much heat... that's just... damn, man!

When he pulled that uzi out I was all like "holy shit" then "haha that'd be funny if he fit a rifle in there" and then i was like "oh haha yesss".

No never seen it before this. Thanks for the quick laugh though.

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to tell if he has a shotgun and an Uzi hidden under there, and at a certain point he's going to have forgotten one of those guns' safeties. That'll be a big hint. But, seriously, a SHOTGUN? Of course we can't see that while he's standing still you pricks!

Feriluce:
I'm pretty sure there is no schools here in Denmark that has a dresscode.

We also dont have everyone and their mother running around with guns.

What he said, replacing Denmark with Canada.

Pararaptor:

The_Healer:

Ha, we don't.

Nope. We just drilled constantly about how it's okay to masturbate.

Oh I guess that redeems Melbourne somewhat[1]

That other thing though... I'm not sure what that says about the Victorian education system.

[1] Although I'd still rather have both my femurs broken by a sledgehammer wielding dwarf than have to live there...

No, my school shows us a video on sexual harassment from the 80s instead. My school isn't too strict on the dress code because many of the students follow it.

I'm pretty sure it was shown on Bowling for Columbine.

Nope, never seen that before. Didn't really have a dress code either. Of course that was like 10 years ago.

The_Healer:
Oh I guess that redeems Melbourne somewhat[1]

That other thing though... I'm not sure what that says about the Victorian education system.

It has gotten to the stage where it's a little creepy now.

[1] Although I'd still rather have both my femurs broken by a sledgehammer wielding dwarf than have to live there...

The shotgun down the pants leg made me laugh. There is no way you could call that a concealed weapon.

"Why are you limping son?"

"Um... wedgie?"

No, because our dress code violators are just girls in slutty clothing, or dudes dressing "gangsta"

A lot of the guns were pulled from the back and without realistic movement. For all we know his backside could have been blatantly obvious and the others would've probably been readily apparent when moving about. Not to mention backpacks.

OT: No, we weren't. Our dress code wasn't particularly strict, at one point they tried to ban skinny jeans and flip flops. They weren't really successful on either front because everyone thought it was ridiculous.

Pyroco101:
My face when i saw the uzi:

O face Pictures, Images and Photos

Pretty much me after I saw the shotgun

That kid was able to pack more heat than frickin' Nico Bellic!

I go to a catholic school, were we have to wear polos, and no jeans or sweatpants. Only tan "Business pants", and we have little gang problems near us, so no. Our school does have a rule against any kind of weapon, though. I watched something kinda similar in grade school, though.

Kharloth:
No, because our dress code violators are just girls in slutty clothing, or dudes dressing "gangsta"

Same thing in my high school except the gangstas weren't wannabe's.

It just got funnier and funnier.

It's like, okay, a pistol. Another pistol. More pistols. MORE pisto--A FUCKING UZI?!

The_Healer:

Oh I guess that redeems Melbourne somewhat

Let me guess, you live in Sydney right? Call it a hunch.

When I was in school they were silent on the topic of masturbation and we had to wear a uniform, so I don't know if that make things better or worse.

Instead of the gun video we had to watch a video of a woman giving birth. I think I would have been less shocked by the gun video.

How would one walk around with that many guns in their pants?!

Also dress codes are shit. Although because it was within our dress code I wore a tuxedo to school once every week :D

I would have had a top hat but hats are restricted.

The_Healer:

Yeah, us Aussies are taught to dress professionally ;)
Sydney here.

I'd like to see him walk around in those.

But OT: No, though I have seen it before you posted it.

Lets face it, the Uzi could do more damage than all of those guns except perhaps the shotgun... you don't need to be packing 10 guns and a rifle and the Russian businessman who produced it.

One gun is all a person needs to do damage, I'm surprised if they were going with that concept they didn't have a jacket on the guy, could've easily hidden a foldaway sniper rifle or a few more rifles, definitely a few more pistols or a second uzi.

Zalastia:
I'm pretty sure it was shown on Bowling for Columbine.

It was.

OT: I was shown this because I was shown Bowling for Columbine.

I had school uniforms all through school. At one primary school we had uniform Backpacks, so the rich kids didn't tease the poorer kids for having lame non-brand backpacks.

Beyond that we had the uniform for other safety reasons, ie. on school excursions (field trips) students could quickly be identified, in manual arts (Wood work, wood shop, what ever) there was no rediculous tassles or whatever to get caught in machines. Also means that the school can make quick money by having "Free dress days" where you come dressed in casual, non-school clothes and pay a dollar to the student council members.

I think it also allows you to have school pride if you want.

Also:

Dags90:
A lot of the guns were pulled from the back and without realistic movement. For all we know his backside could have been blatantly obvious and the others would've probably been readily apparent when moving about. Not to mention backpacks.

OT: No, we weren't. Our dress code wasn't particularly strict, at one point they tried to ban skinny jeans and flip flops. They weren't really successful on either front because everyone thought it was ridiculous.

Fucking Thongs?? (Flip flops but I'm an Aussie) You wear fucking Thongs to school? What about OH&S? What about science class? What about art? What about HPE (Gym)? What about Manual Arts? (Wood shop/metal shop)

This is rediculous.

Well, my school had a dress code, but we didn't wear uniforms. Also, I never seen this video until now.

And the only question I have is: "Why the hell carry that many guns? You're going to be walking like you have a shotgun up your ass (oh wait), it'll be heavy as hell, and you're just ASKING to accidentally shoot your own nuts off. What's he gonna do? THROW 'em at me? Because he sure has enough to sink the Lusitania."

"Is that a frag grenade in your pants or are you just happy to see me?"

No, we don't even talk about gun safty.

The_Healer:

except that one way back with the crossbow. Does that count as a shooting if it wasn't a gun?

I don't think I've seen that video before but I do know I certaintly did not see it in high school. My school was more concerned about seeing peoples' underpants due to sagging.

This scenario following scenario would not surprise me after watching this video: "Woah! You can actually FIT that many weapons in your clothes?....I gotta try that."

I'm pretty sure you would be able to tell if someone was carrying like that. It would be near impossible to just sit down.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked