Did they show you this video in High School?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

I live in Canada, so no, I've never been shown this. I don't really think it's necessary.

I'm not sure if it counts as concealment if you can't walk without sounding like you've a canned food warehouse in your pants.

Though it sort of fits the kiddy gangbanger mentality that they'd tote around a dozen guns. Such youthful naivety is sad, like a going into battle to the death wearing a pot for a helmet, a lid for a shield, and wielding a crude wooden sword.

Never got shown that at school nor did we get any talks or such at school about guns.
Although i have seen this before it got sent around in an email.

Nope. Never saw that movie.

Nope, I was never really talked to about guns in school. Might be a Canada thing.

I love how he pulls a goddamn COLT REVOLVER out of his crotch, a freaking UZI out of his ass, and an entire Winchester SHOTGUN of of his thigh.

OT: Sorry, I can't hear you over the fact that we have a riot if they even think about putting in a stricter dress code, let alone uniforms. So no, the last thing we were taught about guns was "Well, there dangerous and stuff, so we don't want to talk about them or the kids that live in the middle of the wealthiest neighborhood for miles might get a gun and take it to school." We were told about knives though, and I was taught a lesson about accidentally bringing a lighter to school (if you want to know I collect military Zipos).

No, but living in colorado, those columbine bastards ruined everything. it was the last day of school, one of the finals involved me being batman. I left the cape on to celebrate the end of the year. one of the administration people made me take it off, because obviously, I could have been hiding guns UNDER A F***ING BATMAN CAPE.

/end rant.

No because most people I've met aren't smart enough to even tell how a gun works so there wasn't any danger. But one question, how fucking stupid would someone have to be to not notice a god damn shotgun? I'm no expert but I do know that those things are heavy and would be obvious to everyone with working eyeballs if you tried to carry it onto a school's campus.

Nope, wasn't shown this at any of the schools I went to, be it dress code or not. Even with dress code it doesn't prevent the whole waistband pistol holding, or the shoulder-strap if you have a jacket on. And if having your shirt tucked in is part of the code to prevent that, theres always the good old boot/ankle strap gun. As for the video loadout, apart from being overly dramatic and ridiculous, I'd love to see how well they would be able to walk, jog, run, and even just sit down without someone going 'hrmmm?'. Hell, you'd get more odd looks than I did when I was walking around the halls with my longbow and quiver slung on my back when I was with the archery group.

Besides, even with a dresscode, how does that prevent someone from, oh I don't know, using their backpack to hold their guns?

Jesus Christ, dude!

That's pretty freakin crazy. We never watched that. We didn't have a strict dress code.

I saw the video in Bowling for Columbine, and it seems just as ludacris then as it does now - there is no possible way that a person could walk around normally with that many guns on their person; for fuck sake, he had a shotgun running the length of his thigh. He would have looked extremely awkward when walking, and there's no way he would have been able to sit down. Then again, I can't exactly say I'm surprised at the rather alarmist nature of the video - it is an American video, and it was made in the wake of Columbine.

...only in America.

Also, yeah, Australia.

Plus uniform. I have a tie! ^^

SonicKoala:
I saw the video in Bowling for Columbine, and it seems just as ludacris then as it does now - there is no possible way that a person could walk around normally with that many guns on their person; for fuck sake, he had a shotgun running the length of his thigh. He would have looked extremely awkward when walking, and there's no way he would have been able to sit down. Then again, I can't exactly say I'm surprised at the rather alarmist nature of the video - it is an American video, and it was made in the wake of Columbine.

I'm sorry, but when you said the words "bowling for Columbine", I knew it would not end well. America is not a nation of paranoid idiots, Columbine did not make us all reach for our guns (because you know, we all have militia stockpiles of guns just lying around our houses), it made us scared, but what if there was a huge shooting in your country with the exact same events? I have a feeling the exact same thing would happen. Yes, we've had a few stupid leaders and we were just terrorist when we were founded, and we do have the KKK and NRA and all those other associations of stupid, but that doesn't mean we're all just idiots with guns. There's more to the U.S then Washington D.C, New York, Alabama, and California.

Sorry if this sounds personal, I just REALLY hated "Bowling for Xenophobia Columbine".

So that's how in older video games you could carry like 10 guns at a time! All you had to do was shove it in your pants!

But no, I never saw that video. In fact, I can't remember any videos I saw in school. At least, none as awesome as this.

i would love to see that kid try and walk down the hallway
and where did that kid get a flintlock pistol and a mini 6 shooter?
and i went to a private school and i could def conceal a shit ton of weapons my uniform

I have never seen this before. The only dress code I ever had was "no spaghetti strapped tank tops" and "no obscene shirts" (i.e. stuff printed on them). And I went to school in New York City (but not an inner city part). We were lectured about gun safety since the ripe age of...probably 7 or so. Though we did have occasional gang scares and bomb threats.

They never showed us a video, but they do lockdown drills every month.

No, I graduated high school before columbine and back when 'being empowered' for girls didn't mean dressing slutty. Back than it meant not shaving anything and dressing like a bean bag.

We ahve to wear uniforms in Australia. But watching that video made me think that if they were serious about stopping guns in schools they need to make kids not wear clothes at all.

Pyroco101:
My face when i saw the uzi:

O face Pictures, Images and Photos

That was my face when he pulled the shotgun!

CloggedDonkey:

SonicKoala:

I'm sorry, but when you said the words "bowling for Columbine", I knew it would not end well. America is not a nation of paranoid idiots, Columbine did not make us all reach for our guns (because you know, we all have militia stockpiles of guns just lying around our houses), it made us scared, but what if there was a huge shooting in your country with the exact same events? I have a feeling the exact same thing would happen. Yes, we've had a few stupid leaders and we were just terrorist when we were founded, and we do have the KKK and NRA and all those other associations of stupid, but that doesn't mean we're all just idiots with guns. There's more to the U.S then Washington D.C, New York, Alabama, and California.

Sorry if this sounds personal, I just REALLY hated "Bowling for Xenophobia Columbine".

I'm aware that the United States isn't composed entirely of paranoid, gun-toting rednecks, but the United States does seem to have a love affair with guns - the amount of guns sold in your country is evidence enough of that. And frankly, there's nothing wrong with that - most people use those guns in a responsible manner, anyway. Secondly, when I've been in the United States (and I go quite often), your culture does seem to be rather alarmist (in comparison to Canada, anyway), particularly with regards to the media and the fear they seem to enjoy injecting into the American populace. I'm not saying that this is a phenomenon exclusive to the United States, but it's definitely there. That was basically what I meant by "it's an American video".

Of course, I agree completely that had such an event occured in Canada, then absoloutely, people here would have reacted in a similar way. I suppose you could remove the "it is an American video" part of my original comment, and just leave the "in the wake of Columbine". There's no doubt in my mind that it was that event which had the biggest impact on those videos such as the one in the OP.

I'm sorry if I gave you the impression that I was one of the many people who sees the United States in such small-minded and ignorant ways. Every country has their share of psychos or extremists - that's just part of life. Personally, I don't let a few rotten apples colour my opinion of the 300 million plus people who live in the United States. Like I said, I go down there quite often (mostly around Washington state and Oregon), and I find that the overwhelming majority of people I meet are very friendly and welcoming.

cant say I ever saw that one.
Maybe only in America?

The_Healer:
Nope, I live in Australia.

No school shootings here, no sir.

Also, we all wear uniforms anyway.

I guess I'll have to fix that.

How the hell can you hide a SHOTGUN?

I live in New York. Contrary to popular belief we haven't had a crime in 20 years, and as such have no need to fear one.

naa my school got speakers on why meth is bad, and we had to watch a movie about starving kids in Africa, oh and drunk driving

I guess Nico CAN carry all those weapons without a bag...?

Yeah, it is really easy to hide a full shotgun in your pants...when you're standing STILL! I would of liked them to have that kid first try to walk around with a few of those weapons.

How bad is a community when a kid has to pack that much heat?
Must be walking through a friggin warzone

tucci:
How bad is a community when a kid has to pack that much heat?
Must be walking through a friggin warzone

In which case I would support the kid in being heavily armed. Your first line of defense is yourself.

Columbine, people always bring that up. what did it do to the schools in the area made them paranoid as hell, k-12, elementary, middle/jr high schools, high schools. How do I know Columbine happened when I was in like the 2nd grade, my school not being to far from it. The rules that were enacted, the anti bullying programs, you could not say "I want to kill X im so angry" with out getting suspended, or getting talk from the principle and the school therapist. and those anti bullying programs did not do a damn,and now elementary schools no longer have field day competitions, every one gets the same ribbon because every one is special, every single child is now surrounded by safety nets, tell me how is a child supposed to learn why they call hard wood flooring "hard" if you catch them every time they fall.

This is my little bit on the Hole Columbine thing going on in here. Its true Paranoia erupted but all of these safety nets to prevent kids from getting "hurt" is doing the exact opposite

I've seen that before, minus the voiceover, but not in school
then again, we didn't have a dress code.

The uniforms at my school cost lots, just for the blazer jacket it's like 250-300$. It's a good school though, I think in the whole entire South Australia it's the 13th biggest school or something.

Never seen that video before either. It's kind of ridiculous too, to be perfectly honest. I mean yeah you could probably fit that many guns in your clothing but with all those weapons they would probably knock together rather noisily as he walked. And what the hell would he need all those weapons for anyway? The Virgina Tech shooting was just Cho and a couple of hand guns, and a lot of ammunition. And you could still disguise a couple of those in the clothing they were insisting you wear.

We had a dresscode at my school, but I never really saw it enforced at all.

That video is bullshit anyway, as soon as that guy walks he's either going to be shuffling really slowly with lots of barrels poking at his shirt and pants, or more than half the guns that are concealed would fall off.

And what's the difference? If he can conceal them under a shirt and jeans, why can't he conceal them under a uniform shirt and pants?

My school had Uniforms, it was pretty fucking lame.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked