Did they show you this video in High School?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Pyroco101:
My face when i saw the uzi:

O face Pictures, Images and Photos

also my face when I saw the shotgun. Bitch be packin'.

also, no, we used to wear uniforms and now we pretty much aren't allowed to wear hats.

Rifle in the pant leg? Wow. Down here in Aussie we have to wear a unform thats but ugly and makes you look like a sack of shit no matter your body shape. So no, never seen that video.

Oh sure, he can hide it while standing still. I want to see him walk with it.

Marik2:
Back when I was a Freshman in High School the Principal decided to show this video in order to prove that dress code is a safety measure. And no this wasn't showed, because of Columbine.

I'm asking this question since I had friends from other high schools tell me they were forced to watch it along with an hour long speech on why dress code is important to the student body.

So did your high school make you watch it?

I Lol'd when the kid pulled out the shotgun. Imagine, you could go up to people and go:

"Hey baby! I've got a shotgun in my pants. Wanna see it?" :)))

And no, i'm not from the US so i was not shown this movie. Here, some highshools have uniforms but the vast majority dont. And nobody has any guns anyway.

I've seen it before, but not at school.

At school I used to wear blue polo shirt, blue sweatshirt, black trousers and black shoes. (Last year, at college there isn't a dresscode.)

Still. I could hide my headphones through the sleeves. Well I did during some of my exams.

Plus couldn't you hide small enough pistols in your pocket. You'll have your hand in your pocket sure, but it wouldn't be very suspicious.

i live in holland.

drugs are our cup of tea.
still just weed.(most of the time)

Ithera:

probably looks like he an ''accident''.
lol at UZI and shotgun.
i thought the kid would stop at 8 seconds or 20 at best.

No, and my school doesn't really have a dress code. It's more "wear what you want as long as it's not inappropriate".

Of course I wasn't shown that, because I live in a country where carrying around weapons is illegal.

Edit: As for my school, we have uniforms which everyone ignores (apart from me), and so the head teacher keeps diluting it (ie, to black shirts as well as white and maroon) in an attempt to get more people to wear them. The older you go the less people wear it.

Blablabla Scared parents, blablabla 1984, blablabla think of the children.
No guns, less school shotings (just saying).

rokkolpo:

Ithera:

probably looks like he an ''accident''.
lol at UZI and shotgun.
i thought the kid would stop at 8 seconds or 20 at best.

He cant walk anywhere, he will be dropping guns like crazy. kinda defeats the whole "concealed" arsenal idea the clip is trying to promote.

lolmynamewastaken:
i would have enjoyed watching him walk...

Yeah, I mean you could hide all those guns while standing still, but while walking everyone would see something big and hard springing out of your pants... aaa... anyway this would get you expelled(for bringing guns, or for not wearing any shorts)

Aylaine:

yoyo13rom:

Aylaine:

It was years ago, and on VHS. xD

Sorry!

Just my luck.

Why did you want to see it, anyways? :)

No particular reason. You just made it sound like something really, funny like the mario sex-ed video.

if his school got taken over by terrorists he would have enough weapons to put up a pretty good defence...

all i have to say about that is "..." and Toad has funny sperm... (sorry about the double post)

No, and I believe there was a thread on this video before, and it was decided that this video was absolute garbage. There is no way you can stick a full length shotgun bown your pants, much less all of those weapons, without walking in an extremely strange and attention grrabbing manner.

Not untill today. But we have a dress code anywayz, and well, it's stabbings in scotland not shootings

I've never seen it before. However, I'd have to agree with McNinja in his assessment that:

McNinja:
There is no way you can stick a full length shotgun down your pants, much less all of those weapons, without walking in an extremely strange and attention grabbing manner.

I've seen Bowling for Columbine, so yes. In my country there is no problem with gun control as nobody has a gun, so no, I wasn't shown anything of the kind at school and I could wear pants as baggy as I wished them.

OT: I haven't seen that before, but that's because I'm English and had to wear school uniform from year one all through to the end of sixth form. Also, English 'Gangsters' use knives.

Our dress code is two fold, both parts of which are stupid.

First, no hats. I know you're mad about getting killed by Oddjob in Goldeneye, Mr Principal, but this is real life. Hats don't kill people.

Second, we can take backpacks to school, but not around the school.

"Oh damn, I'll have to start my homicidal rampage from my locker! Better just not kill anyone then..." is what they're thinking, and frankly it makes a tiny bit of sense, but they also give you detention if you don't bring all the stuff you need to class and aren't in you're seat when the bell rings. You also get 5:30 (super hardcore detention) if you bookcheck someone, and they get so mad when it happens, like the only way to stop it is with an iron fist, rather than letting us have backpacks.

I saw that video we watched Bowling for Columbine because the video was in it. I've never seen it anywhere else. I have to admit that it is quite shocking. We don't have a uniform or even a strict dress code. Basically no hats or clothing that display alcohol/drugs/violence.

Programmed_For_Damage:
"Is that a frag grenade in your pants or are you just happy to see me?"

both

Holy Fuck that guy had more firepower than the average Commando! too bad no ak man i would have laughed my head off if he had that

I've seen it before somewhere, I love how ridiculous it gets, like no-one would notice the fact he couldn't bend his leg due to having a shotgun in his trousers?

And how many schoolkids do you know with Derringers?

Never seen this (mildly ridiculous) video. We had a dress code in high school, but I think that was just because I went to a preppy private school so of course we had to wear collared shirts and such.

NpPro93:
Never seen this (mildly ridiculous) video. We had a dress code in high school, but I think that was just because I went to a preppy private school so of course we had to wear collared shirts and such.

image You realize this is a two year old thread, right?

yes, yes we did. Most of the class was on the floor by the time the uzi came out, the rest dropped when the rifle came out.

We did but it was part of the movie "Bowling for Columbine" we were all laughing pretty hard at that part, and just lost it when he pulled out the shotgun

Nope.

No gun talk no dress code enforcement.

Good thing too, they'd have to put a gun to my head if they wanted me not to wear the costly image I built up.

Don't wear suits as casual wear kids, washing them is very expensive when you have a heavy stain.

Well this risk is just as much viable on the street should people not be allowed to wear clothes how they want?

Looks like that scene in Beyond Thunderdome where Max is ordered to leave his weapons -- and promptly deposits about fifty of them in the basket.

I never had to watch that video. I went to school a good decade before Columbine, in a tiny rural community. We had no dress code beyond "offensive T-shirts will not be worn, faculty decides what is offensive."

The_Healer:
Nope, I live in Australia.

No school shootings here, no sir.

Also, we all wear uniforms anyway.

Apart from that kid in SA who bought a loaded gun to Modbury High on Monday and fired it to show off to his mates.

But no I was never shown this video.

Yeah I have seen the video, even though school shootings aren't common in England. They showed us the video about a week after a kid smuggled a knife into school. We had a school uniform which is common in British schools.

So: there's a problem with kids bringing guns into school, and rather than address gun control and culture, you make your school children wear clothes in a way that minimizes the number of automatic weapons they can smuggle in? And this is seen as a satisfactory solution? Oh America, never stop being yourself.

Being British, I wore a school uniform - not to stop us bringing shotguns into school or to prevent us turning up emblazoned with gang symbols - but because it looked smart. Quaint, huh?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked