29.1% (258)
1 - I'm about as easy to catch here as a wild abra, I'm elusive and unknown
39.1% (346)
39.1% (346)
This is my first post/poll
0.9% (8)
0.9% (8)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: How much notoriety do you believe you have in the escapist community?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . . . 16 NEXT

I'd say I'm a 1 really. Could maybe flatter myself into thinking I'm a 2 on a good day though.

Maybe if I had a more memorable picture/avatar I'd get some love. Hmmmm

I went with two, 'cos I guess that's the best way of describing it.

I suppose a few people know me, but that's perhaps just because of my odd name or something.

I'd like to think I'm known on here. It's kind of hard to avoid notoriety when you've been on as long as me...

my Ctrl + Tab has catapulted my fame up to about 3 recently, before that, 1
check it out!

I'm known to a few people in the RP section. Other then that, I'm not very popular.

notoriety? ... none zilch nada nothing f*** all zero ... ok maybe option 1

HG131:
I voted 3 since it best describes me.

Everyone knows who you are though, my friend.

3, I think. Should other people judge how famous someone is?

I post a lot, but I'm pretty sure everyone here is indifferent about me or doesn't like me...

Sassafrass:
OT: Gonna say about a 3 on the Escapist as a whole.
And I'd lie to keep it that way.

Ya know, I do believe I'm right there with you.
So I think I'm gonna go with a 3 as well.

I put a 2 because I figure at least someone must remember one of my posts...right...?

JanatUrlich:
I don't think I'm massively famous, but a few people probably know me as 'that crazy lady'

Hey! I know you, you're that crazy la-

*cough*

That wonderful woman.

I don't post that often and as far as I know haven't done anything memorable.

Jaranja:

HG131:

Really? I don't think of my self posting alot, and I don't really get noticed by anyone.

Hexenwolf:
Definitely a 2. I give good odds that no one in this thread would recognize me. I don't post very often, though I've been starting to speak up in threads recently.
By the way, who else remembers when 1000 posts was a lot? When "Going Gonzo" was a miniature event?

I miss those days. Lousy RP games...

HG131:

Jaranja:

HG131:

Really? I don't think of my self posting alot, and I don't really get noticed by anyone.

This thread has some surprising results.

There are so many people that have said 3 that I always think "Heh, him/her again." when I read their posts.

Is it just because I've been here a while?

Mr Cwtchy:
I'm pretty much unknown.

In fact, making this post was completely pointless, since people will just skip it and move on to someone who has something interesting to say.

Or to put in a rather nerdy way, my Obscurity level is maxed out.

I'm not insecure damn it. >_>

Whoa, you're right. I didn't notice your post until I saw someone who quoted you. And yes, I was actually scrolling down, not up.

Sorry...

OT: Though I spend about 90% of my internet time here, and most of my time is internet time, I hardly ever post anything, so I'm quite unkown.
I was going to vote 1, but according to the description, I'm more of a 2.
Weird...

3. Sure, I post up random images just for laughs, but besides that, I'm just another guy.

EDIT: Images like THIS ONE

Aylaine:

ShadowsofHope:

Aylaine:
I have no idea. Even if I did, I would rather other people just show it by recognizing me or quoting me and explaining why rather then saying it, because to me that seems better. :)

At least a 3 or 4.~

Why do you say that though? :3

Well, for one thing I seem to see you everywhere Aylaine. And second, you just seem like a fun, awesome person. I'd be surprised if it were anything less. ;)

I chose 3, I know some people. I've been on here for quite a while though.

I don't think many people know me i'm kind of new here.

I'm not exactly "notorious" and I doubt anyone can spot me. However I do tend to get around. Unfortunately I haven't really done that much easily recognizable stuff.

Jaranja:

HG131:

I think without other people you can't be famous at all. ;)

ShadowsofHope:

Aylaine:

ShadowsofHope:

Aylaine:
I have no idea. Even if I did, I would rather other people just show it by recognizing me or quoting me and explaining why rather then saying it, because to me that seems better. :)

At least a 3 or 4.~

Why do you say that though? :3

Well, for one thing I seem to see you everywhere Aylaine. And second, you just seem like a fun, awesome person. I'd be surprised if it were anything less. ;)

Thank you. I hope I won't disappoint you! I am quite active here though. :)

I chose two, not that high of a post count compared to the other people who have been around as long as me, and I don't have any memorable posts I believe.

Hurr Durr Derp:
A few people will recognize my name, but I don't think I've got any real notoriety on The Escapist.

My avatar is probably more well-known than my posts. :P

I recognise your posts...

On a more serious note. Before I chaged my user name I was maybe a 3 thanks to some (fairly funny) in my opinion satirical news reports I made last year. Having people react seriously to an ad for a 'gamer's colonic irrigation device' was probably my crowning achievement.

Since winning the comic comp and ascending to my rightful place on the front page? Probably a 2.

I'd say unknown.
I seldom venture out of the games forum.

I'm a 2, I used to post a lot, but I weaned off posting like crazy.

I'm not one of those 1k per month people.

Gildan Bladeborn:
Among certain rather limited circles I'm fairly well known, otherwise I doubt anyone much knows who I am unless they've had occasion to interact with me at some point. I don't exactly post a lot after all, and when you consider the only threads I ever make are reviews of obscure albums from bands most people have never heard of, it's not especially hard to envision why I'm not exactly a household name here, heh.

Who are you again?, haha

OT: I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I'm well known along with tons of other people in this thread (who said otherwise). We're all self-deprecating too much but I learned that people remember more than we think when many remembered some of my old threads like the dropped laptop one.

I also think that if you respond when quoted, like I always do, then that person will likely remember you. If there was some level of interaction beyond "I agree".

I know a ton of people in this thread so far, at least the older users anyways.

MisterShine:
I'd say that no one would recognize me, while I'm sure a few of my posts have made people laugh or think, I don't think anyone would link it to me.

On the flipside, there are 4 or 5 posters that I know a bit about because when I see their name and avatar I usually read what they have to say as I know it'll be something interesting. It's kind of odd though, to see someone with like 9,000 posts and I've never seen any of them.

Well I can't say that I know you, but thanks to the "Thud!" reference in your name, you've gained notoriety with me (the good kind! Is there a good kind of notoriety?)

In the rp section? 4 or 5.
Here? maybe a 3.

Here? about a 4. In the politics forum? about 3.

I don't think many people recognize me. I gave myself a 3, because I think I have a couple of friends on here, but I don't think anyone particularly values my opinion more then anyone else's or "calls on me" for something specific.

I'm probably a 1. I'm pretty new here and I'm not very social (in RL and on the net). Plus I've never created a new thread, I just kind of lurk around and post here and there.

I think of myself as easily forgettable. After all, I am just a stranger. :)

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure I could disappear and there wouldn't be a second thought about it.

Grey Carter:

Hurr Durr Derp:
A few people will recognize my name, but I don't think I've got any real notoriety on The Escapist.

My avatar is probably more well-known than my posts. :P

I recognise your posts...

Oh good, an admirer! :D

3 sounds like me

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . . . 16 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked