29.1% (258)
1 - I'm about as easy to catch here as a wild abra, I'm elusive and unknown
39.1% (346)
39.1% (346)
This is my first post/poll
0.9% (8)
0.9% (8)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: How much notoriety do you believe you have in the escapist community?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . . . 16 NEXT

2.5. I would play a relevent Sloan song, but youtube doesn't have it. Motherfuckers.

Little to none. I don't really think anyone notices me in particular, or at all.
I post my opinion, and get quoted 1-5 times a week, and that's about it.
My use of the Escapist doesn't really stretch further than Off-Topic Discussion, and the occasional ZP or Unskippable.

Maybe a 4.5?

I mean, I'm pretty famous round these parts for simply posting a lot, maybe a bit for reviewing, and of course occasionally pissing people off and getting banned.

But I don't think I'm anywhere as E-Famous as people like Hub or Furb.

2 - Someone here probably knows me as "That rubber duck guy"

I've never really thought about it, and don't really care one way or another.

I will say this again. I can't answer this. The escapist community can only answer this for me. I can't read minds people. I guessed a 1 or a 2.

A little bit, I think (and hope). I've been here long enough for people to at least recognise me when I post.

RAKtheUndead:
I'm one of those old-school posters who no longer seems to be at all relevant in the forums, and whose notoriety only seems to extend to other old-school posters and the people in IRC. However, I have definitely had some notable posts - most notably beginning with my topic entitled "Space Warfare: Almost Everything You Know Is (Probably) Wrong", the first in a series called "Probing The Inaccuracies". A lot of my reputation stems from this series, as it demonstrated an in-depth and detailed approach which I find disappointingly rare on these forums.

There's another topic of mine which I would consider notable: "Esoteric Operating Systems: The History of OS/360 and its successors". This is one of those topics that would seem to have almost no appeal for the people on these forums, and yet, I managed to get a dozen replies and several thousand views - rather impressive for something that transcends nerdity and goes into ultra-nerd territory.

And finally, I'm an Escapist Contributor. I've had a guest article and two Guest Reviews published, which does contribute to notoriety to some degree. I'd love to be able to get something published in the Weekly Issue, but the chances of that happening fall under two categories: slim and none.

Yet, despite these notable posts, the new audience really don't recognise me at all. Therefore, I must presume that my notoriety score is a 3, with people from the IRC and some of the older members here being among those few people which still acknowledge my existence.

Its kind of odd actually, people like you that were held in high regard (and still are by people that remember you, like myself) all sort of disappeared a while ago. And not just some of you, literally almost all of you. And now it seems you're coming back.

Did you guys go on some sort of awesome cruise or something?

I have less than 300 posts over a period of almost 2 years, I'd say that makes me pretty obscure.

I'm more ofa 2.5 than a 3, I post here often though I don't think people know me as much as others.

I used to be a GOD amongst you forum goers! I was feared as the resident Playstation fanboy on these here parts of the Escapist!

Now I'm just sort of the guy behind the movie ticket register, not many people care and only some really notice me.

Oh, cruel cruel fate...

I seriously doubt I'm well known, but I would suspect I'm recognised by some due to the post count.

A one of my friends in real life is on here, and I've made a couple of posts that were quoted quite a lot, which I always love. But I doubt that I'm one of the very main members of the site like Furburt or someone like that.

maybe I'm known, maybe not. If I'm known it's for my Beatles stuff rather than any posts

Cheveyo:
I'm a ninja. I'm always there but nobody really notices.

Well I notice, because you're hilarious.

Deadlock Radium:

tellmeimaninja:

WanderFreak:
I believe Sam Elliot can best answer this.

Thanks Sam Elliot.

I love you.

I'm a 3. I would be a 4 if the Escapist didn't eat my god damn avatar. Since it went down, I've gotten over 50 messages asking what happened.

That Naruto/Samuel Jackson one? (I think it was you, and I think it was Samuel Jackson..)

I guess I'm a 1, I have never written something memorable and are probably super-unknown around here.

EDIT: Maybe I'm a two.

Nope. The less, grainy, colored, and full version of the one I have now.

Jaranja:

HG131:

Jaranja:

HG131:
I voted 3 since it best describes me.

Everyone knows who you are though, my friend.

3, I think. Should other people judge how famous someone is?

Really? I don't think of my self posting alot, and I don't really get noticed by anyone.

This thread has some surprising results.

There are so many people that have said 3 that I always think "Heh, him/her again." when I read their posts.

Is it just because I've been here a while?

I've been here for just a few days less than you, not counting the days I lurked. I just never though people noticed me (once and a while I'll disappear for a month or so due to TvTropes/Netflix Instant Stream TV (Mainly Whedon) Marathon.

HG131:

Jaranja:

HG131:

Jaranja:

HG131:

Really? I don't think of my self posting alot, and I don't really get noticed by anyone.

There are so many people that have said 3 that I always think "Heh, him/her again." when I read their posts.

I've been here for just a few days less than you, not counting the days I lurked. I just never though people noticed me (once and a while I'll disappear for a month or so due to TvTropes/Netflix Instant Stream TV (Mainly Whedon) Marathon.

Well, I notice all the people with 2K+ posts. Unless they're forum games lurkers.

I often disappear for long periods of time.

I'm probably known by a couple of people in the Timesplitters group and I might be remembered by a couple of people as "that ignorant person who can't argue his way out of a paper bag".
2/10 I reckon.

Jaranja:

HG131:

Jaranja:

HG131:

Jaranja:

HG131:

Well, I notice all the people with 2K+ posts. Unless they're forum games lurkers.

I mainly have 4K because when I am here, I post like mad.

I voted 1. I'm around pretty often, but I don't think many people know me, other than just recognizing the avatar, since I get stuff about that all the time. lol

HG131:

Jaranja:

HG131:

Jaranja:

HG131:

Jaranja:

HG131:

I mainly have 4K because when I am here, I post like mad.

I used to post like a demon but I've quieted down a bit now. Kinda low profile.

I have two friends ^_^

Erana:
No I don't, actually...

But now you know.

And knowledge is power.

...hmm, you have become too powerful, I think. Time to die.

Go Sam Elliot! Do my bidding!

Unit420:
I have two friends ^_^

*click* Three friends!

Aylaine:
I have no idea. Even if I did, I would rather other people just show it by recognizing me or quoting me and explaining why rather then saying it, because to me that seems better. :)

Your a 4 - Cause i said so!

-------

OT: Me? I put 3 - I know some people know me on here, But i dont have no groupies.

Damn shame...*see's behind the avatar thread* ...Or maybe not

Disaster Button:

dementedartist22:

Disaster Button:

dementedartist22:

Disaster Button:
I'm probably a 2 at most, I don't think many people here know, or have noticed, me. I learned recently that most people that did actually notice me thought I was a girl.

People judge alot of about a person by avatars here, so you never know

Yeah a bunch of people told me that they just assumed I was female because my avatar is female.

Well its really a limited thing, I mean, I sure hope people don't think I'm a psychopath who talks hilariously

You never know..

*hits the Escapist's silent alarm*

Meh, bring the secret police on, I've got tunnels.
OT: Yeah I start to characterize everyone as their avatars if I see them long enough, but not myself of course

2. i post a lot but i don't think people notice me more than others

I've seen so many of these topics lately...

I assume people know me by now, we'll leave it at that.

I'm pretty sure it's just about zero percent know me or even notice me here and I post a ton.

3. People remember some of my posts, and I have friends. It's not like I have groupies like say... MaxTheReaper had, or like Hubilub/Furburt/SleekGiant/Aylaine/Julianking93/PimpPeter2/Meganmeave/SnootyEnglishman and No-one, and I mean NO-ONE has more groupies than that person. They are like crazy popular. Talked about on every user group 24/7, and it would be annoying if I didn't think they were awesome too!

Calumon: We love you all, have an Awesome summer!

I might have a lingering reputation from my forum-games bursts, and also am probably noted slightly for being neo'd. Other than that, I'm mostly known in a few user groups and have a chain of positive interactions with individual users (along with a few negative ones).

Everyone knows who I am.

I don't know? How many of you have sen me before?

Aylaine:
I have no idea. Even if I did, I would rather other people just show it by recognizing me or quoting me and explaining why rather then saying it, because to me that seems better. :)

I see your face pop up in a bunch of the topics I find interesting.

Plus you have, an individual name and avatar, and post nice things, so it's not hard to spot people like that.

gof22:
I believe that I am not that well known around here. I post a lot but I am not that noticeable around here, at least I don't think I am. It does not bother me that I am not noticed to some people it does but not me.

I recognize you, not for the name but just because I liked that scene in the anime and you remind of that with your avatar. If you changed it I would likely never notice you, but for now I do :).

Snotnarok:
There's a lot of these threads popping up asking how well do you think you're kown on the escapist or your avatar is liked, strange.

I'm probably a -5 myself. :|

Mix of repetition threads and people liking to feel important.

Glademaster:
I think I fit into number 3 best as I do post quite a bit but I still don't think that peopel know me really well or atleast if they do I don't think that they have a particularly high opinion of me as I tend to get into a few of debates/argument type things.

I recognize you mostly due to your avatar, is it a picture of a Murfolk in Magic the Gathering? I've been curious for a while about that.

happysock:
I voted 1 I have a few friends on here, but I never speak to them and I've posted my way through about a year on here now, I still feel like I'm unknown on here though.

You made a forum game I like so thats something :)

Furburt:
Dammit, I want to put down 4, because I don't want to seem like a massive egotist. Again.

But yeah, I suppose I'm pretty well known. 5 it is. Sorry.

Furbie your a five weither you like it or not.

SODAssault:
Hey, remember when The Escapist wasn't a popularity contest? Those were the days.

I laughed when I saw this post then glanced to the left to see the "Cyber Celeb" badge.

Milky_Fresh:
I recognise you, but you have a very memorable avatar.
I'm a 2 I think, maybe bordering on a 3, based on description not numerical value.

You're known by the people who play "Make a baseless assumption" game, and that isn't a small number.

Sassafrass:
Ooo, I do, I do, I do!
Then I sorta ruined that. :P
Ah well, it's just a title and a number, it means bugger all at the end of the day.

OT: Gonna say about a 3 on the Escapist as a whole.
And I'd lie to keep it that way.

Sass you humble bastard, get back up to 4-5 where you belong!

*Boots up*

FargoDog:
3ish I would say, although I do have a scary amount of posts in a short amount of time, and pretty much all of this are from off-topic, though a few come from forum games.

I'd reckon your nearly a 4 with aspirations to become a 5 man.

I always see your posts and they are usually interesting enough.

Neonbob:
Ya know, I do believe I'm right there with you.
So I think I'm gonna go with a 3 as well.

Get up to the 4-5 area like Sass!

*Kicks up*

UnusualStranger:
I think of myself as easily forgettable. After all, I am just a stranger. :)

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure I could disappear and there wouldn't be a second thought about it.

There would second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, nineth, tenth eleventh...

It goes into the thousands. It would be a crying shame if you left Unusual :( But if we still talked on MSN if you left that would be an entirely different story :P

A random person:
I might have a lingering reputation from my forum-games bursts, and also am probably noted slightly for being neo'd. Other than that, I'm mostly known in a few user groups and have a chain of positive interactions with individual users (along with a few negative ones).

Never actually talked to ya, but I used to always see you pop up in threads, but not so much recently. Have I not been looking or have you been gone?

OT: I would think my notoriety here is lacking, which makes my Epeen sad me likely for a 3 since I know a bunch of people here and seem to have gathered some peoples favor.

Asturiel:

happysock:
I voted 1 I have a few friends on here, but I never speak to them and I've posted my way through about a year on here now, I still feel like I'm unknown on here though.

You made a forum game I like so thats something :)

Trimmed it down a bit so it's easier on the eye, thanks for commenting back. I must admit I didn't expect it, I don't remember what forum game I made, I do remember making it though.

Asturiel:

A random person:

Never actually talked to ya, but I used to always see you pop up in threads, but not so much recently. Have I not been looking or have you been gone?

I haven't been posting as much as I used to, out of a mixture of my new summer sleep schedule, fewer threads I'm interested in (just a phase thing), and maybe some other factors. Have no fear, though, I'll probably be back.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . . . 16 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked