The scary thread

Pages PREV 1 . . . 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 . . . 47 NEXT

Mcupobob:

My name is Fiction:
I would also like to hear more personal/own writings please.

With love and fear - Mcupobob.

"I'm writing a horror story, would that count?"

Yes, personal experiences or just your own creative story would be fine. I think most of the creepypasta on the net has been used up here.

"Creepypasta, sounds delicious!" :D

Gunjack65:
Here is one that I wrote for my English work. It was not coursework or anything like that. It was a simple assignment.
Be Careful, its a biggun.

That's nice, I liked the tense feeling the story provoked in me.

I hate this thread. And I hate that "Go to Sleep" picture.

I woke up at 3:40 a.m. seeing and hearing things. I stayed up until 6:00 trying to get that picture out of my thoughts. Then I decided to make a run for the light switch, and I figured whatever was trying to scare me wouldn't hurt me if I acted as stupid as possible.

David_G:

My family has gathered for christmas, it's me and my parents, so that's three people, also my three sister's are here, two of witch brought their better halves and four small children, so that's twelve people in all and also two cats.
I heard a thump as I read this, and despite all logic telling me it's nothing I cannot help but peek towards the doorway of the room I am in.
I have been switching between this forum thread and the PC game F.E.A.R for the past four days, I am already insane though so I doubt I will get worse....... not much worse.

Thanks for the stories.

kroldok:

David_G:

My family has gathered for christmas, it's me and my parents, so that's three people, also my three sister's are here, two of witch brought their better halves and four small children, so that's twelve people in all and also two cats.
I heard a thump as I read this, and despite all logic telling me it's nothing I cannot help but peek towards the doorway of the room I am in.
I have been switching between this forum thread and the PC game F.E.A.R for the past four days, I am already insane though so I doubt I will get worse....... not much worse.

Thanks for the stories.

You're welcome, it was fun for me, too to read those stories before posting them.

Pararaptor:

Sorry, but already has been posted. Still, it's a great story, it really keeps you on the edge of your seat.

David_G:
Sorry, but already has been posted. Still, it's a great story, it really keeps you on the edge of your seat.

Oh, really? Damn.
I just put it up in the group too.

sgtshock:
One of my personal favorite creepy pasta stories:

Also, if this thread is getting too creepy for you, here's a palette cleanser of sorts to help you sleep better (it's a video of a cute little girl).

It's the world's creepyist Rick Roll.

As for Scary things the only thing I could put up would be the car commercial but everyone and there dog has probably posted it already. On second thought there is this: http://www.cracked.com/article_15628_the-5-creepiest-urban-legends-that-happen-to-be-true.html

UncleUlty:

sgtshock:

Also, if this thread is getting too creepy for you, here's a palette cleanser of sorts to help you sleep better (it's a video of a cute little girl).

As for Scary things the only thing I could put up would be the car commercial but everyone and there dog has probably posted it already. On second thought there is this: http://www.cracked.com/article_15628_the-5-creepiest-urban-legends-that-happen-to-be-true.html

Great choice, mate. Also, there are other parts of that article, and I'd recommend reading through them. They're fascinating, really. Also, while we're on the topic of Cracked, here are other articles I'd recommend:
http://www.cracked.com/article_18381_the-5-creepiest-unexplained-broadcasts.html
http://www.cracked.com/article_16871_6-insane-discoveries-that-science-cant-explain.html
http://www.cracked.com/article_18459_the-5-creepiest-unsolved-crimes-nobody-can-explain.html
http://www.cracked.com/article_18871_12-things-youll-wish-youd-never-seen-under-microscope.html
http://www.cracked.com/article_15816_the-5-most-horrifying-bugs-in-world.html
http://www.cracked.com/article_16868_the-6-deadliest-creatures-that-can-fit-in-your-shoe.html
http://www.cracked.com/article_18471_5-animals-that-are-terrifyingly-hard-to-kill.html

UncleUlty:

sgtshock:

I love how people are still getting creeped out by that video 6 months after I posted it.

interspark:

That fucked with my brain on 3 different levels.
1) It's just scary as hell naturally
2) I recently started writing a horror story that is incredibly similar to the idea of this and the idea of the creature
3) I have an old Halloween mask that is this giant furry monster face with a massive, giant-sharp-teethed fixed grin and...let's just say opening the cupboard door to have THAT mask fall out at you just after reading this is crap-your-pants-and-cry-for-mummy terrifying.

Oh, and I feel I should extend my praise with this statement: I didn't sleep the night after reading this. I have a pretty overactive imagination, and that, combined with this to fuel it, combined with being slightly scared of the dark, combined with being alone in the house, combined with my house making loads of weird noises...I wanted to flee for my life, but was afraid to go near the front door in case 'it' appeared to stop me.

In short: well done on scaring me shitless.

ReservoirAngel:

interspark:

That fucked with my brain on 3 different levels.
1) It's just scary as hell naturally
2) I recently started writing a horror story that is incredibly similar to the idea of this and the idea of the creature
3) I have an old Halloween mask that is this giant furry monster face with a massive, giant-sharp-teethed fixed grin and...let's just say opening the cupboard door to have THAT mask fall out at you just after reading this is crap-your-pants-and-cry-for-mummy terrifying.

Oh, and I feel I should extend my praise with this statement: I didn't sleep the night after reading this. I have a pretty overactive imagination, and that, combined with this to fuel it, combined with being slightly scared of the dark, combined with being alone in the house, combined with my house making loads of weird noises...I wanted to flee for my life, but was afraid to go near the front door in case 'it' appeared to stop me.

In short: well done on scaring me shitless.

awwww, thank you! always good to hear some positive feedback :D

Rasper Book It's scary!

Cool stuff in this thread. Thought I'd bump it for good measure for someone who was having difficulty with the search bar.

I absolutely LOVE these, but I know I won't be able to sleep tonight :[

Gunjack65:
-snip-[/url]
Merry Christmas

JEEZ PUT SPOILERS ON THESE THINGS
That picture has been haunting me since a "When You See It You'll Shit Bricks" GIF image that I was too late to realize...

I thought that some of you might like to know that The Little Fears is back. After being gone for a long time, she's finally returned, and she's got more stories to tell, more spines to chill.
http://www.youtube.com/user/theLittleFears

This is an anonymous letter that I received a few weeks ago. I don't know who its from, and I don't know if the contents of it are genuine.

Dear, (my name)
In the town where I went to high school, which wasn't all that long ago, we had a ski team. On Mondays and Saturdays they would go up to a local ski mountain. This year they ski team was larger than it usual, with about 30 kids on the team. This created a very crowded bus. One Monday they were going to head up to do some night skiing at a mountain that they usually didn't go to. Additionally when the bus arrived it was from a company that none of the members had ever heard of. Unfazed the team boarded the bus and started toward their destination.

On the top of the bus there was a flashing LED light that created a strobe effect around the bus. Because of this the people on the bus could only see their surroundings every couple of seconds. Most of the way to the mountain they passed through dense forest, the strobe light made a very eerie effect against the trees. While this interested the students for a few minutes they quickly got lost in their conversations. Only one of them, a kid who I knew, who was very quite looked out into the forest.

About half way into the three hour trip they were passing through the densest part of the forest. When suddenly the boy who was looking out started acting strange. He had a look of horror on his face that was so genuine that everybody started to ask what was wrong. His only answer was to point out of the window into the trees. That's when everybody started to notice the eyes in the trees. They did not glow or even look abnormal from human eyes in any way. They started small and slowly got bigger and bigger. As these eyes approached human shapes began to appear in the darkness. Slowly they got closer and closer even though the bus was driving at over 40MPH. Eventually someone turned to the driver to tell him to speed up in order to get out of the woods. The driver however was already watching them completely oblivious to the road in front of him. Far from crashing the bus was driving itself perfectly.

The drivers eyes grew wide and he said "If you want to know the answer look into their eyes" and pulled out a gun from his bag and shot himself. Not only did this create an uproar in the cabin of the bus, it also seemed to make the creatures in the wood converge faster, when once they were very slow, now seemed to be coming at a normal walking speed. As if they were drawn towards death.

The only teacher on the bus who at this point had done nothing to contain the situation sprung into action. He leaped for the controls and hit the gas pedal hard around a turn. The bus began to flip and so he overcompensated and jerked the wheel the other way. The bus fell on its side and slid to a halt.

All the while the creatures came closer now running at the bus because they could sense the death of students inside. Only about half of the students remained conscious. Then they heard the scratching on the windows, then the tapping at the doors. They never saw the faces of the creatures only the eyes staring lidlessly at them. Then the hatch at the top of the bus slowly began to open......

It wasn't until the next day that they bus was found on its side. Of the 33 people on the bus including the teacher and the driver 31 of them were dead. All of the dead had their eyes open, and upon further inspection it was found that their eyelids had been carefully removed. Though their bodies where broken and bloody their eyes still seemed alive always staring at whoever was in the room with them. Of the two that were still alive one was badly injured and never fully regained his mental abilities he had before the crash. In fact the only two words he ever says anymore is "their eyes" which he repeats endlessly to the people around him. The other however did not seem to have a scratch on him he was the only one found outside of the bus sitting next to it with his bottle of water in his hand.

He killed himself recently the final words of his suicide letter were "and now the eyes pass onto all of you, I am sorry for what is about to happen, goodbye" He was my best friend and recently I have had taps on my window and I'm sure I have seen eyes in my closet. I'm not the only one, since I have asked the people connected to this team more than half of them have seen the eyes, of the people related to them a similar number.

What are the eyes? What do they want? When will you start to see them?

-X

Since I have revived this letter there have been knocks on my door when nobodies there. I have seen black shadows in the woods moving in a way shadows shouldn't move. But the eyes, the eyes are the worst.

toratora1942:
-snippity snap-

That was a rather nice one, I enjoyed it. I've always found this sort of horror story, the sort of 'viral threat' ones, to be fascinating somehow. Of course, none of them are actually legit, I mean, you can't transfer a curse just by writing something down and having others read it, but it's certainly spooky. Oh hold on, someone's at the door... which is odd, because... it's 11:40 PM here and... we live a mile away from our nearest neighbor...

Fuuuuuuuuuck me one AM and this thread shows up? Can't we get rid of it?

2:53 in the morning and I've been reading this thread since about 1... I'm not sleeping tonight.

Oh jeez, white and red just scared the balls off me.

Is it possible to have itchy fear? Feeling like it's all over you?

It's mid morning, in a well-lit house with the TV on, and I'm on my laptop absolutely pooing myself at this thread.

I really do enjoy some good scary stuff :)
will post some here whene i get home :)

Nostalgia Ripoff:

Mcupobob:
Been snoping around form more scares found a awesome youtube channel.

enjoy and shit a brick.

Hate to break it to you, but that wasn't very scary. In fact, none of the stuff here was that scary. Unsettling, yes. But scary? No.

Edit: Er, sorry. I didn't mean to sound like an ass. I was having fun here too, I was just voicing my opinion on these stories.

Liquid magnets may be really scary for mormons.

toratora1942:
-snip-

Shit, I'm gonna remember that eyes in the closet part every time I go to get clothes now.

Every time I browse this thread I end up regretting it, but I keep coming back! D:

The only thing which has happened to me, which is kind of scary probably doesn't stand up much to these stories.

Where I live, it's a very rural area. Very quiet at night and still very quiet during the day. A few miles away, along one of the bicycle paths is a bridge, which you have to walk under. The bridge has a round on top and you can hear the cars passing over. It's a bypass, so it's fairly busy. Now, as I was returning from town, walking along the path I reached the tunnel. Thinking nothing of it, I kept walking.

The tunnel is about 50 metres long, and has strobe lighting along it. It's a dull sort of light, more of an amber glow than anything useful. Being 14 at the time, I didn't really get bothered about walking home in the low light (This was evening, around 4:30ish - winter, it gets dark early) So, I make my way through the tunnel. I'm not one for all these "Weird feelings" and such, but I got the most gut wrenching feeling of "I should not continue" after a few steps. I kept walking and I can not begin to tell you how wrong it felt.

It was like an anchor in my stomach, I should not go this way, turn around, cross the road and go down the bank on the other side. It had this feeling, something so "bad" I couldn't describe it if I wanted to. So, after getting a third of the way through, I just stopped. I couldn't move. My own body, possibly in the act of self-preservation stopped me. Every nerve in my body was tingling and the hairs on my neck were at their highest.

I immediately moved backwards, which I was surprised at because I honestly thought I'd locked up and made my way across the road above, which might I add, was at it's busiest point and at no point after entering the tunnel below did I hear any vehicles going overhead.

I've never walked back that way again. I never want to feel like that again and I honestly have no explanation as to what happened then either.

I was told to check this out while spending a workday browsing Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident
Possible Cold War lies, but that just adds to the interesting for me.

Better to read the WIKI article, but here is an excerpt:

I've got a personal story that I think is pretty creepy.

It's true, I swear. Weird, huh?

EHKOS:

No. No matter how badly you want it to go away, this thread will always return to tempt you into reading it, then ruin your dreams at night.

I'm beginning to think that the scary thread itself is a sort of monster. It just won't die.

Seriously, what does it take? A headshot?

*Note: I still love it.

EHKOS:

Nope. It respawns in the Escapist's basement.

Sn1P3r M98:
I've got a personal story that I think is pretty creepy.

It's true, I swear. Weird, huh?

Did everyone pay attention after that?

interspark:
Super Snip

Now THAT was good.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 . . . 47 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked