The scary thread

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 47 NEXT

killer-corkonian:

OT: The classic.

Tell me if it's been used in the thread already and I'll put something else.

The exact same sample frame appears on the insertion of a "Coffee commercial" earlier.

One to go with the shaking bed:

The house is at least 200 years old. It's been extended over the decades, but the main part is a farmhouse with a 200-year-old fireplace. Those walls have been there a long time. The bookshelves have been there a long time. They're oak, black with age even where they've lost chunks from their edges to carelessness. They probably stopped settling into place before anyone reading this now was born.

Two and a half hours ago, everyone else left, leaving just one person reading Stephen King's IT on the windowsill in the corner of the room nearest the kitchen. In those two and a half hours, this person has moved only to turn the page or go through to the kitchen for a drink, and the last drink was half an hour ago.

The Sun's just going down.

In the far corner of the room, six of those six-inch-high and two-inch-thick books all fall over at once on that solid old bookshelf.

and my ancient mobile phone just started working and got a signal again.

Shoqiyqa:
*snip*

The exact same sample frame appears on the insertion of a "Coffee commercial" earlier.

The house is at least 200 years old. It's been extended over the decades, but the main part is a farmhouse with a 200-year-old fireplace. Those walls have been there a long time. The bookshelves have been there a long time. They're oak, black with age even where they've lost chunks from their edges to carelessness. They probably stopped settling into place before anyone reading this now was born.

Two and a half hours ago, everyone else left, leaving just one person reading Stephen King's IT on the windowsill in the corner of the room nearest the kitchen. In those two and a half hours, this person has moved only to turn the page or go through to the kitchen for a drink, and the last drink was half an hour ago.

In the far corner of the room, six of those six-inch-high and two-inch-thick books all fall over at once on that solid old bookshelf.

I don't understand at all.

Tekkawarrior:

Shoqiyqa:
*snip*

I don't understand at all.

Neither do I... Your gonna have to explain it to us.

That was three separate things.

1) a note that the video posted above looked like a repost.

2) a brief little story about books falling over when they had no right to do so

3) an unrelated note about a bizarre incident.

Shoqiyqa:

2) a brief little story about books falling over when they had no right to do so

This is the one that doesn't make sense, why wouldn't they fall over? also who went to the kitchen? and who was reading the IT book?

Threads going a little slow so I got another video for those of you not terrifed yet.

-Drifter-:
How about some Marble Hornets?

I have to say after reading this thread I went to watch all of the Marble Hornets videos. Without giving away any spoilers, they could have been so much freakier if the pacing were fixed. With some professional directorial experience behind it, I would pay money to see it in theaters. This one created real terror. I have not had my heart race like that since I realized the REAL reason Mary Shelley's Frankenstein is so scary. Most big budget movies can't get to me, even Japanese ones, but this one has real talent behind it. I am probably as big a movie nerd as Movie Bob, but even I wasn't entirely sure what they would do with the ending, and maybe they set up the jumpy pacing of the movie to keep people guessing. If so, Bravo.

So, in summary, thank you for pointing me to these videos. And I suggest any true horror film buff on here to go watch these.

rescuer86:
but even I wasn't entirely sure what they would do with the ending,

Well, it's not necessarily over. I'd thought it ended once or twice before, but they kept uploading videos.

I agree with the rest of your post, though. It is a very good series.

S.R.S.:
Go to ED and search creepy pasta.

Christ man... You nearly gave me a heart attack!
I'm never going to be able to read walls of text again!!!

If only we had gotten everyone to record their creepy pasta reactions, we could have made a video like this:

S.R.S.:

YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!!!

OT: All I have is the Holders of the End

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Ironwater/Holder_of_the_end

Girl With One Eye:
If only we had gotten everyone to record their creepy pasta reactions, we could have made a video like this:

That was hilarious. And none of this people will ever grow up to be gamers...

Reynard Wrecce:
Wish I'd never heard this sound...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgF9ZlI_R-8

Gets spookier the more you learn about it.

You've never put the WAD files from Doom directly through a sound editor, have you? As creepy as the connotations of number stations are (which I think are completely awesome, BTW), the sounds aren't quite as disturbing as what I like to call a "computer scream".

Here's something that has happened to me

no more Arnold Palmers EVER! freaky shit right there, I can't live without that stuff

Not sure if anyone's posted this one yet.

David_G:

Julianking93:
I haven't seen this one used yet, but it's my personal favorite Creepy Pasta story.

Short, sweet and fucking horrifying:

Holy shit, that's fucking scary, maybe the scariest thing I read in this thread. Props to you and, where did you find it?

The Creepypasta section of ED, of all places :P

RAKtheUndead:

Reynard Wrecce:
Wish I'd never heard this sound...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgF9ZlI_R-8

Gets spookier the more you learn about it.

You've never put the WAD files from Doom directly through a sound editor, have you? As creepy as the connotations of number stations are (which I think are completely awesome, BTW), the sounds aren't quite as disturbing as what I like to call a "computer scream".

No, I have never put Doom WAD files through a sound editor. Don't suppose you've got a sample of the horror you created, have you? Infect all our dreams! :-)
Actually, you might be a good person to ask; there's a particular sound in Doom, which I think happens whenever a Cacodemon appears (though it's been years since I played, and my memory may well be faulty) - a sort of "chui-chw" sound. I've heard that sound in a bunch of films and sf shows since, I wondered if it was anything specific.

Tekkawarrior:

Shoqiyqa:

This is the one that doesn't make sense, why wouldn't they fall over? also who went to the kitchen? and who was reading the IT book?

In reverse order: the one person who was there, the same person and ..... er ..... well, that was pretty much what was so damn freaky about it. An object tends to remain at rest or continue in a straight line at uniform velocity unless some external force acts on it. Does your dining table just fall over? Does your car just fall over? Do your CDs just slide out of the rack and fall to the floor? Does your gun fire itself? No? Why not? No external force. So ... what external force acted on the books?

Girl With One Eye:

1:09 and 4:44 are the funniest ... and the video creator's strange desire to loops some of the clips just spoiled it for me.

S.R.S.:

First thought: "the hell..?"
Second thought, moments after first: "Aha, lulz xD"

Pretty nice though, I think I'll use this to freak some people out... Like my sisters :D (damn I hate being youngest... This'll show them... *w*)

Two more creepypasta stories for you guys.

Ironic Pirate:
Jesus, why do I read these when I'm home alone?

I know right? I'm so frightened, and yet I continue to look through every page of this thread! Silly me, I can't wait til my friend comes and picks me up already >.>

Reynard Wrecce:
No, I have never put Doom WAD files through a sound editor. Don't suppose you've got a sample of the horror you created, have you? Infect all our dreams! :-)

http://www.netsoc.tcd.ie/~rak/DoomRawCollection.rar

There you go - action starts about thirty seconds in.

Reynard Wrecce:
Actually, you might be a good person to ask; there's a particular sound in Doom, which I think happens whenever a Cacodemon appears (though it's been years since I played, and my memory may well be faulty) - a sort of "chui-chw" sound. I've heard that sound in a bunch of films and sf shows since, I wondered if it was anything specific.

Could be the door opening sound - it's just a stock door opening sound now, and I've noticed it myself.

What makes this worse is that every once in awhile my computer makes this weird noise, it sounds like a lady yelling something, a moan or cry, and then a really loud grindind noise. Normally it's just the moaning and grinding (ha ha, verry funny) but sometimes it's just grinding.

RAKtheUndead:

Reynard Wrecce:

http://www.netsoc.tcd.ie/~rak/DoomRaw.mp3
http://www.netsoc.tcd.ie/~rak/Doom2Raw.mp3

There you go - action starts about thirty seconds in.

Reynard Wrecce:

Could be the door opening sound - it's just a stock door opening sound now, and I've noticed it myself.

Yeah, I think that's probably it. Still gives me momentary wiggins, though.
I can't access the mp3 files, sorry for the effort you put in. Still, maybe even more disturbing brain-maggots aren't necessarily what I need in my life! :-)

Julianking93:

David_G:

Julianking93:
I haven't seen this one used yet, but it's my personal favorite Creepy Pasta story.

Holy shit, that's fucking scary, maybe the scariest thing I read in this thread. Props to you and, where did you find it?

The Creepypasta section of ED, of all places :P

I went there, and it really is a scary place. I'm reading through the Awesome Creepypasta, and I'm wondering if the other creepy pastas are worth bothering with.

A man went to a hotel and walked up to the front desk to check in. The woman at the desk gave him his key and told him that on the way to his room, there was a door with no number that was locked and no one was allowed in there. She explained that it was a storeroom, and that it was out of bounds. She reminded him of this several times before allowing him upstairs. So he followed the instructions of the woman at the front desk, going straight to his room, and going to bed. However the insistence of the woman had piqued his curiosity, so the next night he walked down the hall to the door and tried the handle. Sure enough it was locked. He bent down and looked through the wide keyhole. Cold air passed through it, chilling his eye.

What he saw was a hotel bedroom, like his, and in the corner was a woman whose skin was incredibly pale. She was leaning her head against the wall, facing away from the door. He stared in confusion for a while, was this a celebrity? The owners daughter? He almost knocked on the door, out of curiosity, but decided not to. As he was still looking, the woman turned sharply and he jumped back from the door, hoping she would not suspect he had been spying on her. He crept away from the door and walked back to his room. The next day, he returned to the door and looked through the wide keyhole. This time, all he saw was redness. He couldn't make anything out besides a distinct red color, unmoving. Perhaps the inhabitants of the room knew he was spying the night before, and had blocked the keyhole with something red. He felt embarrassed that he had made the woman so uncomfortable, and hoped she had not made a complaint with the woman on the front desk.

At this point he decided to consult her for more information. After some gentle quizzing and the promise that the explanation would go no further than him she finally said "Well, I might as well tell you the story of what happened in that room. A long time ago, a man murdered his wife in there, we find that even now, people get uncomfortable staying there. But these people were not ordinary. They were white all over, except for their eyes, which were red."

David_G:
snip

Ugh, that one always freaks me out.

And I'm not sure. I haven't been to any of the other Creepypasta sections.

Julianking93:

David_G:
snip

Ugh, that one always freaks me out.

And I'm not sure. I haven't been to any of the other Creepypasta sections.

OK, after reading through the Awesome Creepypasta section, I won't read through the other Creepypasta sections because I've just had too much scary for one day.

When I was in my senior year of high school, we went on a trip to visit colleges around the province we might be interested in applying to. When we got to the first city, a local elementary school offered the use of their gymnasium and one classroom (boys in the gymnasium, girls in the classroom across the hall. Like they didn't trust us or something ;) ) to sleep in. Well, after the chaperones finally had us settled down and the lights were out and everyone was asleep I drifted off. I am a very light sleeper and I dream only if I have had a stressful day. A 6 hour bus ride culminating in an afternoon visit to a large shopping mall with my buddies does not constitute a stressful day in anyone's book.

Anyway, I drift off to sleep. I am awakened at about 2 a.m. (this is longer ago than I care to mention, so some of the details are fuzzy)by the sound of footsteps. No big deal. Probably just one of the kids getting a drink or a chaperone making sure we are behaving. I have always had a keen sense of hearing honed during spring and fall hunting, so I listened and determined the foot falls were a bit too heavy for a teenager. I heard them cross from the far side of the gymnasium to the door. Then they stopped. I had an odd feeling, but shook it off. As I was closing my eyes, I realized what was bothering me. No light had spilled in from the hall. The lights, we had been told, were not shut off in the hall in case of emergency. I slowly sat up and peered into the darkness. The only thing I could see was the sliver of light from under the door, illuminating just enough of the gymnasium for me to see about half of the room. I could see no one by the door. And everyone had pitched their sleeping areas on the side I had heard the footsteps originate from.

I am not prone to spook easily. I was brought up by a mean old hardass who scorned men that allowed their emotions free rein. I have stood nose to nose with a black bear, been stalked by a grizzly, and had a sow grizzly charge me. I am an avid outdoorsmen and used to strange sounds in the night. I have been awakened by the screaming of the red fox. It will chill a man's blood. So, when I could see no perpetrator of the footsteps, I shrugged it off as being in the dark in a strange place.

Until the sound came again. Louder. A large man's footfall. The chaperone's were all women. I sat upright immediately, the adrenaline from my fight or flight response causing my heart to race. I strained my eyes to find the culprit. I could hear the footsteps. Click. Click. Click. A man in dress shoes. At 2 a.m.? Click. Click. Almost at the door now. I could see mounds of sleeping students further away from the door than I estimated the sound to be. Why could I not see the intruder? Click. Click. He couldn't be more than eight or ten feet from the door at this point. Still, no sight of him. Click. The footsteps stopped. A door creaked. No door opened. A shadow passed across the light from under the door.

I spent that night wide awake, clutching the knife I carry with me everywhere out of habit and being raised in the country. 6 a.m. rolls around. People start waking up. I am with the first group into the shower. As my friend, E, and I are shaving he turns to me. E is Chinese, and, as a consequence of his upbringing, a lot more open to, shall we say, paranormal occurrences. E turns to me and says "Did you notice anything really weird last night?"

"Like what?" I ask after an awkward pause.

"Well, I woke up at like 2 with the feeling someone was right beside me. So I rolled over and there is a man's face right in front of mine, staring at me, like he was laying beside me. I blink in shock, and he is gone." I recounted my experience in brief detail. E can not recall hearing any footsteps, even though he said he was so shaken he was awake for another two hours after his "vision." A couple of overactive imaginations? What do you think?

None of these are scaring me at all, because I read the SCP Foundation. S.R.S., please post some of your scarier stuff.

I don't have any really great creepypasta, but here's a creepy Penny Arcade that I just love:

I like to imagine Tycho's voice becoming more and more like SHODAN's (except masculine, of course).

RamirezDoEverything:

-Drifter-:
How about some Marble Hornets?

Ah, I love this series.

I watched the whole series before and had a sleepless night or 2

Thanks for this! Watching all the episodes tonight. On episode 18, it's cracking so far!

Julianking93:

Oh great Im not going to sleep tonight.

topbloke:
SHIT... that middle photo is taken in a suburb of Perth, Australia. The city i live in... im scared now

MercurySteam:
See if you can spot The Slender Man in these photos:

Oh crap, guess where I'm going this holliday...

S.R.S.:

no i learned from before, never open .gif pictures in creepy threads, forums. You will regret it.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 47 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked