How to trim armpit hair

Alright, I know this is pretty gross, but honestly, I've been debating with my friend and we just can't seem to agree.

We're disagreeing on the definition of 'trim'. I'm telling him that 'trimming' isn't simply cutting everything off at a uniform length with a scissor.

So I'm going straight to the source. For the guys with amazon-jungles in your armpits, how do you trim your hairs (as in, you don't want a complete shave, but want it shortened).

Someone I talked to referred 'jagged' scissors. My friend thinks you just take normal scissors and snip off the length unwanted. A website I came across recommended 'snipping little bits off at a time' (I think), with normal scissors to avoid the uniform-look.

It all depends on the definition of trimming. Advice from veterans would be great.

Thanks for tolerating the nasty

Ummmm.. don't, that's just strange. Wouldn't it end up being too short and just plain itchy as hell?

Eh... I just take the razor and cut off a bit until I think it looks nice-ish.

Um, I would just grab some hair clippers. Throw on a guard (the little plastic cover) of the desired length and just trim it that way. Seems like it would be a lot easier and take less time. Hope that helps.

I leave it as it is. It doesn't get in the way of anything.

So I guess im no help here but I would say the uneven snipping would be best.

Just shave and quit whining. There is no manly or unmanly way to do it.

You don't need to trim your pits. It's like the one place on your body that grows hair noticably but doesn't just keep growing. I've never once needed to shave or trim mine.

just take some small shears and cut the hairs that are longer than usual.

Mr.Pandah:

If you use a sword, yes there is.

Guy I know used to do bodybuilding competitions. He used to shave his armpits for it because it looks cleaner, you sweat considerably less, and sweat doesn't smell as bad. He recommended when the subject came up a while ago for some reason that trimming as in cutting to a very short length is better as you don't get stubble in your armpit which hurts a lot apparently. He also defines trim as cutting it as short as possible.

Plurralbles:

Mr.Pandah:

Hmmm...if we're gonna go this route, I thought it was a chainsaw ;D

Gotta throw another vote for 'why the hell would you?'

Pit hair isn't unsightly, it doesn't grow ridiculously, it just sorta grows to a regular length then stops. And if you notice a guy without any it looks weird.

Mr.Pandah:

So you prefer to have it clean shaven?

Mr.Pandah:

Plurralbles:

Mr.Pandah:

Hmmm...if we're gonna go this route, I thought it was a chainsaw ;D

damn, that's hardcore!

Okay, OP, go out in the back and start up your chainsaw and use one hand to hold hte chainsaw up and saw off some hair. Also shave your pubes. Don't forget about the pubes in this situation.
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
__
_ am I evil? XD

Um...i wasn't under the impression men ever had to shave their armpits...seriously, that's kind of weird...

antipunt:

Mr.Pandah:

So you prefer to have it clean shaven?

I just buzz it personally. I deal with the itch for the first day, but I don't have to worry about it and the ridiculous amount of sweat caused by it for a month or two after that.

Actual:

Pit hair isn't unsightly, it doesn't grow ridiculously, it just sorta grows to a regular length then stops. And if you notice a guy without any it looks weird.

I also agree that having nothing at all looks strange. That's why I prefer trimming it, as opposed to shaving it altogether.

The thing is, for some men, pit hairs sprout out in a nasty/veggie-like manner (stick out, even with arms down). It sucks, I know

I just use my beard trimmer and go over it. It's not bald but a bit shorter so it doesn't stink as bad.

Plurralbles:

Okay, OP, go out in the back and start up your chainsaw and use one hand to hold hte chainsaw up and saw off some hair. Also shave your pubes. Don't forget about the pubes in this situation.

_
__
_ am I evil? XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vHRMeRszw4

Do you and your buddies find man-scaping to be a common topic?

I'm not sure what the point of "trimming" it would be. Do you want a "buzz cut" type of feel to it? I'd say it's shave or nothing. A trimmed look would look like a guy that shaved it a while ago but hasn't bothered to do it lately.

antipunt:

Actual:

I also agree that having nothing at all looks strange. That's why I prefer trimming it, as opposed to shaving it altogether.

The thing is, for some men, pit hairs sprout out in a nasty/veggie-like manner (stick out, even with arms down). It sucks, I know

Well, fair enough in that case. Be grateful for your super testosterone driven hair growth. I'm 25 and had to come to terms with the fact that I'm never going to grow an impressive chest rug, I suppose naturally neat armpits is a nice trade-off.

Yeah, I generally just go to town with the scisors until I feel as though it's short enough, though admitedly it can be somewhat difficult at times, especially when I have to get the right armpit with my left hand (I'm right handed).

I never have and never will trim my armpit hare, not was I under the impression that I should. I did shave my pubic hare once though because I was under the impression that it would make my penis look bigger. Sadly, it did not and all I had to show for my efforts was an itchy crotch for a week.

Scissors, razor, or an electric shaver. I don't shave my arm pit hair though that's just weird.

I don't trim mine. Why should I? I'm a guy.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked