Cat Shit One the Animated Series

I'll start of with the basics for those of you not up to speed.

Cat Shit One, more popularly known as Apocalypse Meow is a three volume manga series written and illustrated by Motofumi Kobayashi that tells a story of the Vietnam War through the eyes of cute and adorable animals. Incredible attention to detail is paid in everything from the weapons and equipment used to the language and tactics the soldiers used.

A follow up to Apocalypse Meow, entitled Cat Shit One 80 is currently out in Japan and continues the story of the original team as they enter a new era of warfare. A quick overview of the series can be found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalypse_Meow while free scans of the manga can be found all over the net.

Please note however that this manga is very graphic and is certainly not for children.

Now for the real news. An updated and animated version of the Cat Shit One series has hit Japan and the internet recently. Produced by IDA entertainment, the animated series features the original cast in the 1990s working for a Private Military Company. The same attention to detail and disturbing contrast between cute animals and brutal violence is still there, just now in a slick new CGI package. So far the episode is only viewable in Japan but I'm sure my fellow escapists can figure out some way to view it.

So escapists, tell me your opinions on the manga and the animated series. Do you love them? Hate them? Does it sicken you to watch the adorable fluffy violence? Or have you never heard of it? Just remember, don't post any links that may get you in trouble.

What. The Fuh-?

Cats in Vietnam? That's strange even for Manga.

that sounds awsome. it would be better if it were after an apocalypse or with zombies... or both.

TheGoldenMan:
What. The Fuh-?

The cats are the Vietnamese, Bunnies are the U.S.A, Rats represent England and Bears are Soviet advisors.

It's strange, brutal and just oh so right.

Sounds strange as hell and probably very entertaining. I really want to see this show just to experience it.

This reminds me of that book Maus with Nazi Cats and Jewish mice

Scolar Visari:
Snip

O_O

Wha... how... why...

HUH?

I heard of the series and watched the first episode a couple of days ago, definately following the series, certainly entertaining and the contrast of cute animals and the realistic violence is good for some laughs

also a funny little side note how the rabbits represent US soldiers, well rabbit in japanese is usagi, or USA G.I

I just caught a glimpse of it. It was purely epic.. Seeing bunny rabbits act like trained soldiers during a war is something I'd never expect to bare witness of.

Viper1265:
I heard of the series and watched the first episode a couple of days ago, definately following the series, certainly entertaining and the contrast of cute animals and the realistic violence is good for some laughs

also a funny little side note how the rabbits represent US soldiers, well rabbit in japanese is usagi, or USA G.I

Oh man, I forgot to put the trailer up in the OP. Thanks.

Reading the manga right now...doesn't seem too bloody at the moment...

kman123:

If you're expecting Gears of War level violence then you'll be disapointed.

I watched the episode earlier today after weeks of waiting. Freaking awesome despite the absence of blood when camels get shot in the face, which I recall being told produces blood.

Scolar Visari:

TheGoldenMan:
What. The Fuh-?

The cats are the Vietnamese, Bunnies are the U.S.A, Rats represent England and Bears are Soviet advisors.

And where do the Australian forces come into this?

Scolar Visari:

kman123:

If you're expecting Gears of War level violence then you'll be disapointed.

Ahh, i see now. Gotta tone down the expectations :P
They're just so...fluffy!

Zeeky_Santos:

Scolar Visari:

TheGoldenMan:
What. The Fuh-?

Kangaroos and Koalas bro. Good/Bad?

Scolar Visari:

Zeeky_Santos:

Scolar Visari:

TheGoldenMan:
What. The Fuh-?

Kangaroos and Koalas bro. Good/Bad?

Eh, as long as they actually act like the Aussie Forces in the Vietnam war.

Yes, I watched it and it was fucking awesome. Can't wait for more, whenever it is released.

Seems like an awesome manga, but I'll stick with Maus comics:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maus

Lulzians? On my escapist?

Aaach they never made any more since 2010, what a shame...

what is this, I don't even...

Nearly a year old thread being bumped -.-

I remember seeing this thread when it was just released. I didn't comment because I didn't know what to think, and I still don't.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked