Escapism UK - 2010

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

/Big Brother
Day 2: only Root and Andalusa are awake. The German and the French girls are already walking around in skimpies.
Root is nursing leg cramp with a cup of coffee. While all the others in Room 5 and 9 are catching up on sleep lost to being next to a main road on the Thames.
We can see Battersea Power Station across the Thames, so it's got a nice Pink Floyd feel.

Huge mix up yesterday with everyone getting lost, but much fun was had in Forbidden Planet where some of us *cough* had to be dragged away from the Doctor Who figures.

Next was the Akbar Curry House (Which wasn't a trap) where Insanum developed a taste for Cobra. After that there was much Python quotage and evil txt messaging before we retired about midnight.

And then an ambulance screamed past just as we were going off to sleep.

Insanum, Darktaint and Aboveup have joined us now. Today is paintball.

Pictures to follow.

.....You know..its bad enough that I won't be going for another 365 days, but I got a feeling that when I see the pictures, I will be REAAALLLLYYY Jealous Dx

maddawg IAJI:
.....You know..its bad enough that I won't be going for another 365 days, but I got a feeling that when I see the pictures, I will be REAAALLLLYYY Jealous Dx

Same here, it makes it worse that I live 20 miles away from London, and it would be easy as pie to join them.

O.T. Interesting, it sure makes sense of all the random tweets going on.

Darn it, makes me wish i had gone over there. Oh well, there's always next year.

Soon we will be going Oscar Mike on the paintballing course. Wish those who couldn't come were here. Maybe next year :)

Revelo:
Soon we will be going Oscar Mike on the paintballing course. Wish those who couldn't come were here. Maybe next year :)

I'm shooting you all in spirit.

Didn't know this was already happening.

Glad you're having fun! There better be pictures.

Paintball update:
Root captures the flag on the first game and then takes hits in the eye, ear, thigh and two headshots.
Insanum, the sneaky ninja gets away with never being shot. Captain Oblivious was holding onto the dummy for Far too long.
Now on to the Trocadero.

Trocadero update: Root clocks MVC 2, gets beaten on MarioKart. Andalusa attacks Bob the Buillder, Sky gets lost in Tokyo shop, Remy rocks out on Guitar Hero, and many dodgy t-shirts were bought.
Now eating chips and pizza while the chavs smash bottles. Ah London...

The_root_of_all_evil:
Paintball update:
Root captures the flag on the first game and then takes hits in the eye, ear, thigh and two headshots.
Insanum, the sneaky ninja gets away with never being shot. Captain Oblivious was holding onto the dummy for Far too long.
Now on to the Trocadero.

Ah, the only game our group actually won. It's also the only game I actually hit anyone.

Guitar Hero was fun. Shame one of the controllers couldn't strum upward.

Cosplay is also rampant.

http://yfrog.com/jmxt7nj

Tonight there's a poker tournament (not for clothes) as long as room 5 get off their collective butts.
That being said, room 9 is knackered as well.

Card game called off. Too much need for drinks.

Multiple posts because the Blackberry can't edit properly.

Thouroughly enjoyed today. We went paintballing, and I nearly made Cpt_Oblivious infertile. A shot was so close to his gonads. Also got a headshot on him too.

I've had far too many cokes today.

The_root_of_all_evil:
Card game called off. Too much need for drinks.

Multiple posts because the Blackberry can't edit properly.

I TOOK YUR JEUB! :)

If anyone's wondering, according to Insanum that's the noise I make when I'm climaxing. Just thought you'd like to know.

Escapism 10! Bring on Camden and the stuffy underground for the third time.

Sunday, last day to spend so we're off Camden Market. That is when they all get up of course.
Any blatant misuse of grammar is purely due to having to try and sleep in a six foot bed.

The_root_of_all_evil:
Sunday, last day to spend so we're off Camden Market. That is when they all get up of course.
Any blatant misuse of grammar is purely due to having to try and sleep in a six foot bed.

Not to mention the loud music that was blasting the entire time.

AboveUp:

The_root_of_all_evil:

Not to mention the loud music that was blasting the entire time.

Which us upstairs couldn't hear :)

Argh, I wanted to go to this on my old account, and I still want to go now. Maybe next year...

T_T

The_root_of_all_evil:
Snip

Damn you! Bring on next year!

Say Hi from me!

maddawg IAJI:

My feelings exactly. I wish I was there :P

Just finishing off in Cambden Market now. Very very tired people heading back home to post photos.

Escapism Uk 2010: If you can still feel your legs, you weren't really there. :)

We (Jenny and I) are back at the hotel now, and got internet. We had an awesome time, and pics will be up at some point, but the connection is a little slow.
Good to meet everyone (and for Jenny to see some of them again) and hopefully we'll be back next year. And Tuesday... to Alaska!

I would totally have come, but that damn Atlantic Ocean throws a wrench in that plan.

FUCKING OCEAN!

I wanted to go D':

If I went, we'd have a paintball duel to this song:

TimeLord:

The_root_of_all_evil:
Snip

Say Hi from me!

Root wears a fez. It's cool.

DragonsAteMyMarbles:

TimeLord:

The_root_of_all_evil:
Snip

Say Hi from me!

Now that's a picture I want to see!

TimeLord:

DragonsAteMyMarbles:

TimeLord:

The_root_of_all_evil:
Snip

Say Hi from me!

Now that's a picture I want to see!

Hey! Both me and Root wear Fezzes now! =P many pictures of us in them was taken. It was quite cool.

But anyway, I got back ok too. For the second time in my life I had the opportunity to hang out with some of the most awesome people in the world. We have become a great part of the Escapist family over the years and such chances of having a great time with great friends are rare.

Forbidden Planet, paintballing, the arcade and Candem martket were all brilliant, and so was just hanging out and having a laugh. I'd like to thank Sky and Red Spy for all the work they put into it and to everyone who attended and contributed to a great weekend, thank you for giving me the chance to come as well. I will post up pictures when I am feeling less exhausted and more alert.

See you all on the forums, on Skype and also next year too I hope. =)

This is Bravo Squad reporting in.

we shall have an epic post roundup later. In the meantime:

Insanum:
This is Bravo Squad reporting in.

we shall have an epic post roundup later. In the meantime:

THEY TOOK YUR JUUB!

You and Cpt_Oblivious laughing like you were high to me saying that in the shower. One of the higlights, eh? :L

Some pics from my phone are up! Showing Asian Dave, the mascot of Escapism 2010. :)

http://twitpic.com/28mjib
http://twitpic.com/28mn7w
http://twitpic.com/28mmo7
http://twitpic.com/28mjo3

Me and Remy are back at the hostel and we've fixed that fan you broke Insanum. ;)

Just chilling out now after packing Sky and thenumberthirteen onto their trains.

I'm home, and I'm already missing you guys. Can't wait for next year. We should go to Glasgow, becuse then I could stay at home show you guys round the city. Yep, no selfish reasons for coming to Glasgow.

It's so weird knowing Escapism is over. I still feel like I'm barely off the plane.

It was really amazing seeing so many new faces, or slightly familiar faces with an added third dimension. It's funny to see how some people are really exactly like I imagined them, and how I actually found there were a few people around I really ended up liking that I barely gave a second thought on the forums. Sorry if that sounds harsh, although I technically apply to this as well for some.

It was like a whole weekend of completely new yet somehow slightly familiar experiences. Which is just great. I've actually grown a bit more confident about my English during this trip. Not all that confident about the state of my legs tomorrow morning though. I have this feeling that I'll get out of bed and they'll just refuse to do anything.

In the meantime, I'm doing my absolute best to forget the whole "THEY TOOOK OOUR JOOOBBBS" thing. I've gotten thisclose to saying it at one point.

I'll still be in London until Thursday, by when I'll be messing around in Sheffield so I can annoy everyone in that general area. I won't be home until Saturday, so I'll upload the few pictures I've taken by then.

Well, hopefully next year I can stay for three days! Without mah mum!
Yaaaaaaay!

Damn, sounds like you guys had a great time. As I've already said more than enough times I would've loved to join you all. Next year should be perfect, though, as long as you guys keep on running this.

Can't wait to see all the pictures.

PurpleLeafRave:
If anyone's wondering, according to Insanum that's the noise I make when I'm climaxing. Just thought you'd like to know.

Do we want to know how Insanum found this out?

theflyingpeanut:
Can't wait for next year. We should go to Glasgow, becuse then I could stay at home show you guys round the city. Yep, no selfish reasons for coming to Glasgow.

At least Glasgow you can kind of reason for.

Me: Hey, everyone. Let's go to Swindon!

Everyone Else: ...

Zombie_Fish:

PurpleLeafRave:

Do we want to know how Insanum found this out?

I was in the shower, and shouted that really loudly. They said that's what it sounded like.
Fun times! :L
Insanum laughs like he's high.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked