Good reasons or excuses to call a girl

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

So my friend, who shall go unammed, needs a good excuse for calling this girl. Need suggestions, note that it's late so excuses for day or night are fine.

(yes, I realise there is a thread for stuff like this, but he needs a answer quick)

Don't lie, just say he wanted to talk.

Otherwise the girl will think he called for that reason, and not because he is interested in her.

I'm assuming you guys are fairly young, like early teens. At that age girls are always confused and never can tell if the guys like them or not. So being direct, although scary, is normally the best option.

Wow, no other advice?

seriously, just call and say you'd like to talk. girls will see through any other excuses anyway. be direct.

cimil:
So my friend, who shall go unammed, needs a good excuse for calling this girl. Need suggestions, note that it's late so excuses for day or night are fine.

(yes, I realise there is a thread for stuff like this, but he needs a answer quick)

Just call her up and chat. It's best if you're honest about these things (but not too honest). Just call her up and ask her how her day went, chatting to her as if it was a normal conversation. Both of you know WHY you're calling, but it goes unsaid. That's what makes it fun. If you're going to plan anything about the call, have a list of things to ask her about e.g. a list of topics to talk about that she is interested in. But really, these conversations go better when you act natural. (Or they go WORSE, haha!)

In my experience it does NOT work if you call on a false pretense.

Just dial her up and say i think we need to talk. If she asks what about just say anything. I used to spend hours on the phone with girls. Then i realized all of that just leads to hate and pain for a guy like me so i said fuck it and stopped feeling love towards people then continued on with my life a dark husk of a man waiting to explode consuming all around in a torrent of hatred and anger.....wait.....what was this about again? Oh right. Yeah just say you wanted to talk with her.

Too many guys rely on trickery and lines. Honesty works better than you know.

no other advice because as difficult as it is to put yourself out there, it's by far the best advice, being honest will give your friend a much better chance of actually talking to the girl and possibly going out with her.

Just say you wanted to talk or ask her if she wants to go hang out.

Prank call. Best reason in the book.

About 115 Ninjas:
seriously, just call and say you'd like to talk. girls will see through any other excuses anyway. be direct.

Yup this works, but could also backfire

cimil:
Wow, no other advice?

It's the Escapist, where you'll find no help for romance.

cimil:

Just tell him to call her because he wants to talk to her? Why? Because he likes to? Making an excuse will not go well, just do it honestly. :)

don't call her. best advice you'll get.

and if you want to know the reason: you can tell when someone's calling just to call.

You just Heard that North Korea is threatening the US with Nuclear war (for the 18th time this week..yawn) and You really need someone to talk to .. actually is it OK if you come over you don't want to be alone right now

Im kidding by the way XD

"I'm bored and wanted to talk to someone. Your number was first on the list."

I lost my phone number so I called yours. Wait, that's a bad pickup line not an excuse... ugh...

Tell her that you'd like to talk or perhaps invite her to something. Or just be honest. Chicks dig honesty (guys dig honesty too).

For some reason I now have an old Stevie Wonder song in my head, I wonder why that would be. <_<

Anyway, why do you need an excuse? Just tell her you called to chat, or even better don't bother explaining yourself, just strike up a conversation as soon as she answers.

cimil:
Wow, no other advice?

A bump 10 minutes after OP and 7 minutes after first response? Give it some time dude. Your thread aint going anywhere.

Why do you need to talk to the girl so urgently? I'm guessing it's the obvious and you like said girl. Call her say can we hang out tomorrow and then tell her you like her and whatever it is you young peoples say. No point in lying, she will completely miss the point if you do and then you will be forever stuck in limbo friend zone.

cimil:

Here's your quick answer, in the Relationship Problem thread: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.117161-Relationship-problem-thread?page=43#7393429

Ring up and tell her that the gypsies have taken your family and you need her help in your epic fight for revenge.

Works every time.

TheComedown:

cimil:
Wow, no other advice?

A bump 10 minutes after OP and 7 minutes after first response? Give it some time dude. Your thread aint going anywhere.

Why do you need to talk to the girl so urgently? I'm guessing it's the obvious and you like said girl. Call her say can we hang out tomorrow and then tell her you like her and whatever it is you young peoples say. No point in lying, she will completely miss the point if you do and then you will be forever stuck in limbo friend zone.

Yep, I agree with this guy. Calling up someone you like because you want to talk to them isn't unheard of now a days is it? Be honest and direct, but not pushy.

OP: Do you mean to ask what should you talk to her about? Can't help ya with that being as I don't know you or the girl.

Just be honest. Don't find an excuse, it'll only bite you in the ass later.

Don't lie, he needs to say he wants to talk. Otherwise, she'll probably smell it out and think he's a wuss.

About 115 Ninjas:

He speaks the truth.

Vodka Dude:

TheComedown:

cimil:
Wow, no other advice?

Yep. Calling up someone you like because you want to talk to them isn't unheard of now a days is it?

Do you mean to ask what should you talk to her about? Can't help ya with that being as I don't know you or the girl.

Have you quoted the wrong person? I am confused by this post. My question was why does it have to be now? Why cant it wait until tomorrow?

Miumaru:
Too many guys rely on trickery and lines. Honesty works better than you know.

But the trickery is what makes it fun! Elaborate schemes to score the girl of your dreams makes the journey worthwhile as well as the destination.

TheComedown:

Vodka Dude:

TheComedown:

cimil:
Wow, no other advice?

Have you quoted the wrong person?

Fixed up my original post, sorry to confuse, hope it's better now. I should be asleep!

Just call up the girl and say, "Hello, just felt like calling you up since you have a beautiful voice, among other things, that is very pleasing to the ear. Regale me, gorgeous."

Granted, that got me a "wtf" the last time I called, but it was not without a laugh, and I had a good chat. ;)

That she is interesting and that you want to talk to her

Oooooh I've got one, it's genius.

How about: I wanted to talk to you?

Is it your friend or you? Don't be shy lolz, just call her.

cimil:

"I've hidden in your bushes for three hours now, and you still haven't noticed.
So I thought I'd call."

"Um hello, is this Pronto's Pizza?"
"Um, no? Sorry, wrong number"
"Eh, wait a second, is this the Helenton residence?"
"Why yes it is... and who is calling?"
"Hi this is ______, may I speak to _______"
"..."
"..."
"(yell heard from afar) JESSICAAAAAAAAA, THEERE'S A PHONE CALLL FOR YOUUU, AND ITS A BOIIIIIIIIII)"
"..."
"..."
"Hello?"
"Hi, this is ______"
"Ok, what's up?"
"Um, nothing much, what's up with you?"
"Nothing really either... so..."
"Hrm... (deafening silence)"
"..."
"So how about school today?"
"What about it?"
"How was it, for you, I mean?"
"Kinda lousy actually, I got a test back in calc. Not so good."
"Ah... That sucks."
"Yeah, it does."
"..."
"..."
"Well, nice to talking to you, but actually I was in the middle of ordering some pizza..."
"Ok, sure."
"See you tommorrow!"
"Sure, bye."
"bye"
*click*

Call her and say "Sup."

Hear what she says and go one from there.

BonsaiK:

cimil:

Here's your quick answer, in the Relationship Problem thread: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.117161-Relationship-problem-thread?page=43#7393429

I hate that thread - always suggesting hookers.
They're only the answer some of the time.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked