Most Unlikable Anime Character?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Every Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon, and Yu-Gi-Oh character.

asuka from evangelion

Kira Yamato from Gundam Seed (specifically, Destiny).
Far too self-righteous and only ever ends up ruining the plans of the GS:D protagonists.

Nina from Code Geass... MR.Logic has spoken!

Dude how has nobody mentioned Simon from Gurren Laggan? He was an obnoxious bitch for the entire anime until the only cool character died! And really, Kamina dieing was just a bullshit plot device to be used to piss Simon off so he could be cool and kick peoples asses like what, twice?

Useless, stupid, short, annoying ass voice, and the most retarded name ever (SHIMON?! Really?), Simon was not only the most annoying and unlikeable character in an anime, he was the most annoying and unlikeable protagonist in an anime.

Gordon_4:

Queen Michael:

Jazoni89:
SNIP

SNIP

I would like to know how I would be after watching a giant abomination rip my mother apart and devour her wholecloth into itself and then be abandoned by my father with relatives who don't care and then pulled back and strapped into the pilot seat (under sufferance) of said abomination and then sent to fight giant space horrors.

Woah. Was that ever explained in the TV series/End of Evangelion? I honestly missed any mention of EVA 01 killing and absorbing his mother infront of him. I thought he was whiny because all I thought was that he was uneasy about the EVA because it was creepy and that he had father issues. Seems a lot less whiny now.

I didn't mind Asuka too much, because her reasons for being messed up were more clearly explained. Rei was to me a bit bland but I didn't dislike her.

As for other anime, Sakura from Naruto and Orihime from Bleach for being useless most of the time, and Jan Valentine (I think that's his name) from Helsing. The brother who wasn't eaten. He was a massive douche.

seanmcdow:
asuka from evangelion

I guess I stand corrected. ;)

Also I'm curious, did you watch the English dub or the Japanese version with subtitles? Because if it was the dub then I can easily see where you are coming from, pretty much all dubs are bad (IMO) but her voice in that one was just absolutely HORRIBLE and made me want to pull my own ears off.

Kristoffer Sivertsen:
Ichigo from Bleach. He is stupid, whiny and pathetic. I also don't like the Dragonball approach in Bleach: "Powerful enemy-> protagonist trains and kicks powerful enemy's ass-> new even more powerful enemy-> protagonist trains, comes back shockingly more powerful and kicks powerful enemy's ass... First one to guess what happens next gets a pie.

That's actually pretty typical of shonen anime in general and not just Bleach. You might want to pick a new genre to watch.

Phoenixlight:

masseyguy911:
Hm... well for me, and I know you're gonna hate me for this phoenix
Sasuke, just could not stand the guy!

:O What did you find annoying about him?

Huh, he was going to my choice as well. He's just a whiny prick.

Back when I used to watch Naruto I couldn't stand Sasuke, I wanted him to get killed off.

Uchiha Sasuke from Naruto.

I don't know if anyone has said this one yet but I personally find Meowth from Pokemon unlikable. Like the amime version of Scrappy-doo.

Don't get me wrong he's not totally unlikable but just possesses certian characteristic that annoy me.

I rarly watch animes, but there are a few I watched and enjoyed... and a bunch I hated.

I cant say I have one unlikeable character, but I have quite a few:
Most of the cast of Death Note
Everyone in Bleach
Everyone in Naruto
(I read up on this guy after seeing him mentioned, and while havent seen the anime, hate him too) Makoto from School Days

... and that about all of them...

Seriously, you can't like Sasuke in all his masochism in the fact that all he does in the entire series is complain that "ALL MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY ARE DEAD! I don't want to make new friends and act depressed even though all the girls like me and I'm a very skilled ninja. Oh look, I actually agreed to having a friend...I'd better KILL HIM! That way I'll be able to kill my brother then somehow restore my clan as I planned without ever reproducing."

...and yet you have a problem with Edward Elric.

Shinn Asuka, Quess Paraya and Katz Kobayashi from Gundam SEED Destiny, Char's Counterattack and Zeta Gundam respectively. I hate their guts.

Naruto

The main dude on kurokami he just a dick. the main chick was getting the crap beat out of her and it took him 10 mins to figure out that he might need to do something. Then he gets killed and the chick brings him back to life and he bitchs at her for invloving him i mean come on.

Blackality:
Vincent from Ergo Proxy.

Annoying bitches.

How can you hate Vincent Law??? He's from Ergo proxy just like your Avatar(Re-l)

Naruto and Sasuke. Without a doubt two of the most annoying anime characters in existence.

Chris Thorndyke from Sonic X. It's a guilty pleasure of mine, and it still counts as anime (it's from Japan), albeit the last one I'm actually going to invest into. The problem is that he isn't even that bad of a character, I just can't figure out what the fuck he is. The easy asnwer is Mary (Marty) Sue (Stu), but he consistently fails at things, and failure is not the domain of the Mary Sue. He's also occasionally useful too. Although I suppose he is the way he is because he has to be generic and unfleshed enough for the audience to project onto, I mean, that kid is living at least one childhood fantasy (adventures with aliens being the primary one), so I guess the target audience being able to pretend that it's them tearing shit up with Sonic and Tails is a bonus for the series.

FargoDog:
Misa from Death Note

This, and the travesty character from Darker Than Black: Ryūsei no Gemini, Asuka from Evangelion (I still love the series though, I just don't like her).

Jazoni89:
Shinji bloody Ikari (End topic)

He is such a whiny little bitch and he gets on my nerves so much. He alone is proberly the reason why neon genesis evangelion isn't my favourite anime. If the anime didn't have such a crappy excuse of a main character it would of been the god tier of anime's shame really.

But i got to admit though he is somewhat less whiny in the remake movies which is good.

I think people can relate to him in a way of speaking. Most people are like him actually. Have you seen the Rebuild of Evangelion 2.22 though? He is changed since then.
And to complement: I have never liked any DBZ character, although I did grew up with that anime.

Palademon:
Seriously, you can't like Sasuke in all his masochism in the fact that all he does in the entire series is complain that "ALL MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY ARE DEAD! I don't want to make new friends and act depressed even though all the girls like me and I'm a very skilled ninja. Oh look, I actually agreed to having a friend...I'd better KILL HIM! That way I'll be able to kill my brother then somehow restore my clan as I planned without ever reproducing."

Sasuke has the same frame of mind throughout though, he never wanted to be friends with anyone and only focuses on himself in order to one day kill his brother. Edward on the other hand wanted to restore his brothers' body and his own arm and leg but then he changes his mind and does other stupid things which don't really make sense. Sasuke has stuck with the same mindset from the beginning, one which I like and can understand.

Mackheath:

FargoDog:
Misa from Death Note.

QFT. Also, Sasuke from Naruto, Near and Mello from Death Note-why didn't it end after L's death, damnit?- and some other person I forgot.

Sasuke also didn't sit too well with me. I couldn't connect with him at all. Twas sad. :(

Mackheath:

FargoDog:
Misa from Death Note.

QFT. Also, Sasuke from Naruto, Near and Mello from Death Note-why didn't it end after L's death, damnit?- and some other person I forgot.

FUCKING SPOILER. EDIT: Ok maybe I was a little aggressive.

Sasuke? Saske? He's kind of douchey sometimes. But he kinda looks cool.

Haruno Sakura from naruto...bitch needs to die...

Krillin, I hate characters that are relegated to a simple "kill me and piss off main character" plot point. He was utterly useless and boring.

Phoenixlight:

Palademon:

Sasuke has the same frame of mind throughout though, he never wanted to be friends with anyone and only focuses on himself in order to one day kill his brother. Edward on the other hand wanted to restore his brothers' body and his own arm and leg but then he changes his mind and does other stupid things which don't really make sense. Sasuke has stuck with the same mindset from the beginning, one which I like and can understand.

People change their minds about what they want. If Sasuke grew up he'd realise killing his brother is a pointless task with no gain. I think a guy that goes out looking for sorrow to then complain about it more annoying than someone who just changes their mind.

Do you wanna know what I call change of mindset?
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT.

Essentially all of the characters from Naruto except Kakashi.

TheDoctor455:
Every Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon, and Yu-Gi-Oh character.

what!!! You don't like Vegeta or Teen Gohan?? or maybe Brock?? hell how can you hate on Dark Yugi,Dark Bakura,Dark Malik,Duke Devlin,Seto Kaiba and Valon?????

These are some of the best characters ever.

Lessee, both L and Light from Death Note (terrible, terrible characters) and Aizen from Bleach (worst. villain. ever.)

[Kira Must Die]:

This. He beats out Sasuke, Naruto, Edward, and every other character I have ever seen.

Shinji Ikari. God damn...If someone gave me a giant mech warrior and told me to fight monsters, I would instantly go "Hell yes!"

Then I have a feeling I'll hate Nanalee from Code Geass. And I've only watched the first five episodes so far! ...Oh dear...

Arcane Azmadi:
Makoto from School Days was DELIBERATELY designed to be the most unlikeable possible douchebag in order to make it easier for the audience to accept the ending of the series

Yeah. It was that sort of show.

but it did work people did not like the guy including me plus you forgot to mention

I did prefer it more than the good ending of the visual novel where yeah a lot better

Naruto, definitely. He never stops shouting, and he has way too much energy. He's an example of why I don't like kids.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked