Most Unlikable Anime Character?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

The only charicters I didnt hate from Naruto was Shikamaru and old Gara, every one else was so emo or obnoxious. I also hated Fay from Cowboy bebob.
reEdit: And Nunnaly, she was annoying as hell and almost nuked Lelouch, her own brother!(ok in all fairness she didnt quite remember that part but still)

Umm...I don't really know/remember an anime character that I hate.

I get back to this when I remember.

I hate Sasuke. :\

Emo, self-important little prick.

automatron:
I haven't watched much anime so there will be worse but:
sakura from naruto.
She is so fucking annoying.
In all the episodes I've seen she hasn't done anything!
She always wines about how she's useless, and she is. She just feels sorry for herself.
The only fight she's participated in she lost. (well it was a tie, the knocked each other out, but still)

Eventually she decides to stop being useless (she cuts her hair then) and after the timeskip she's extremely capable.

Queen Michael:

Jazoni89:
Shinji bloody Ikari (End topic)

He is such a whiny little bitch and he gets on my nerve's so much. He alone is proberly the reason why neon genesis evangelion isn't my favourite anime. If the anime didn't have such a crappy excuse of a main character it would of been the god tier of anime's shame really.

Like I said earlier, I disagree. The great thing about Shinji is that he's human, and feels the way a real person would feel in his situation. Oh, and it's spelled "nerves", not "nerve's"

You wanted realism from Evangelion?

Personally, I don't consider Shinji that realistic a character. I certainly wouldn't act like him in his situation. He is also quite pathetic. Shinji is pitiable, not likeable, IMO.

I also hate Suzaku (Code Geass), although I can't really explain why. Something about him makes me want to repeatedly punch him in the face.

masseyguy911:
Hm... well for me, and I know you're gonna hate me for this phoenix
Sasuke, just could not stand the guy!

Well, he is a bit of an asshole. He's also quite naive, which leads to him constantly being manipulated by others (always by the bad guys)

Hassao:
And Nunaly, she was annoying as hell and almost nuked Lalouch, her own brother!

I believe you misspelled those names (Nunnally and Lelouch). 5 seconds of research on Wikipedia would get you the correct spelling. Is it really that hard?

As for almost nuking Lelouch, she had good reason to want to (he wasn't the brother she remembered and loved), and an important point is that she didn't. She wasn't nearly as annoying, IMO, as Suzaku.

Honestly, I don't get all the hate. Every character in every serious, or semi-serious anime I've seen had a specific purpose. Sometimes it was the over-exuberant friend, or the horribly dick villain (or hero in some cases), sometimes it was the dense (or wanting to seem dense) flaky character... they all were irritating, but their existence was justified by the plot. (Yes, even the "only exists so they can get killed and piss off the hero" ones.) But doesn't their effectiveness at annoying, irritating, and generally pissing you off mean the character was well written and well developed? And doesn't that mean you actually love to hate them, instead of the unimpressive and pathetic limbo implied by being "unlikeable"?

I'd postulate that the popularity of this thread proves that there are no "unlikeable" characters. Only characters we love to hate (mostly because they were designed to be that way).

PS: Can you really fault a character for the voice actor used to play him/her? Yes, it can get irritating hearing those high-pitched squeals from certain characters (typically the "young girl" characters), or if a voice doesn't really feel like it fits (it's surprisingly rare, and sometimes intentional for plot purposes). But... actually, I have no positive spin to put on that, it's just annoying... The point is it's the voice actor, not the character itself.

Naruto. It's bad enough that he's loud obnoxious and mentally challenged but on top of that you expect me to belive that he's a ninja?...a clown mabey. Hell he's dressed like one.

I HATED Sakura in Naruto. She was so bloody useless. Yeah, she got better in Shippuden, but that never aired in America, so it doesn't count.

In DBZ, for some reason, I never liked Gohan much. I dunno, he always seemed like a whiny brat to me.

In Yu Yu Hakusho, I was never much of a Kuwabara fan.

In One Piece, although I stopped watching the Anime around the Crocodile Arc, I never liked Usopp much. He was just so annoying and uninteresting.

Lastly, Rain from G Gundam. Why? Because EVERYONE wanted Domon and Allenby to be together in the end. Rain wasn't a bad character in general, but once that last episode aired. I wanted to punch someone. It was obvious that Domon and Allenby were the perfect couple, but instead they pushed Rain and Domon together, which gave that great series an incredibly cheesy ending (The heart shaped laser beam was too much).

Jacuzzi Splot from Baccano!. Watch the anime and you will understand. I was actually quite impressed with the anime overall.

blalien:
Vash the Stampede, what a whiner.

Huh, I never thought anyone could hate this character, I'm not trying to say you're wrong, It's just cool to see how opinions can always differ.

As for me I chose Legato Bluesummers, also from trigun, not the way you hate Edward, I just generally despised him. Just such an evil character I wanted to see him done In.

But as for the way you hate Edward, I would have to go with Shinji Ikari, angst ridden, overly emotional, and an emo kid even though he has a giant robot and Is the savior of the world essentially.

Free Thinker:
Camille Bidan - Zeta Gundam. Every episode has him whining or being overly emotional.
Sasuke - Naruto. I get it. You're emo.
Naruto - Naruto. "Believe it!"
Kira - Gundam Seed. So you killed a guy, big deal. Quit whining.

Come to think of it, nearly every Mobile Suit Gundam had a main character who whined incessantly.

so true but only one in gundam wing and he went nuts so i cant realy hold it against him:)
OT amilia from slayers even the sub version of her is just anoying as hell......

I don't remember his name. It was that kid on Claymore. You know, the one who was always crying? Yea..I hated him.

2xDouble:
Honestly, I don't get all the hate. Every character in every serious, or semi-serious anime I've seen had a specific purpose. Sometimes it was the over-exuberant friend, or the horribly dick villain (or hero in some cases), sometimes it was the dense (or wanting to seem dense) flaky character... they all were irritating, but their existence was justified by the plot. (Yes, even the "only exists so they can get killed and piss off the hero" ones.) But doesn't their effectiveness at annoying, irritating, and generally pissing you off mean the character was well written and well developed? And doesn't that mean you actually love to hate them, instead of the unimpressive and pathetic limbo implied by being "unlikeable"?

I'd postulate that the popularity of this thread proves that there are no "unlikeable" characters. Only characters we love to hate (mostly because they were designed to be that way).

PS: Can you really fault a character for the voice actor used to play him/her? Yes, it can get irritating hearing those high-pitched squeals from certain characters (typically the "young girl" characters), or if a voice doesn't really feel like it fits (it's surprisingly rare, and sometimes intentional for plot purposes). But... actually, I have no positive spin to put on that, it's just annoying... The point is it's the voice actor, not the character itself.

Very well spoken and I agree completely. I salute you!

I found Naruto's voice so annoying I stopped watching the series. :(.

That hyperactive, seemingly simple yet somehow wise kid with ADD, from that one anime.

Blue-State:
HMM
Danzo Shimura. He killed a messenger toad! He will burn for that!
Also, he's responsible for Itachi, Sasuke, and Pain. Everyone loves a boss fight, but with Danzo the end just couldn't come soon enough. JUST DIE ALREADY YOU DEVIOUS SACK OF CRAP! image

Get your own Jutsu Frankenstein!

Jaldore:
Fucking Spandam...

Couldn't find a picture of the Celestial Dragons?

I thought about that but I decided to go with a singular character rather then a group to stay on track with the topic.

Also Spandam is a total asshole and a coward how can you not despise him?

D Bones:

ForgottenPr0digy:

D Bones:

ForgottenPr0digy:

D Bones:

ForgottenPr0digy:

D Bones:
Vicious....cuz what is that thing?

Vicious??? you mean Vicious from Cowboy Bebop???

the very same.

how can you not like Vicious?? He's fucking badass

s/he's so confusing. Plus, I'm a spike fan.

Vicious is a man just like Spike.

Gren was the guy who thrown in prison by Vicious who was experimented on with drugs that changed the level of estrogen and testosterone. And he grew breast(Jupiter jazz part1 and 2)

Oh, maybe that's who I'm thinking of. I'll have to re-watch them.

don't sweat it. Now you know and knowing is half the battle

[insert old internet meme here]

I'd have to Say Frieza from Dragon Ball Z. I hated his guts.

One that comes to mind almost instantly... Flae(sp?) from Gundam Seed.

Phoenixlight:
For me it's Edward Alric from Full Metal Alchemist, I tried to like him as he was the main protagonist but he contradicts himself so many times and he seems to like someone one minute then turn into a completely different person and hate them the next. His irrational hatred and anger just doesn't make sense and sort of kills the immersion for me.

I know by now you probably have had a few corrections to your spelling but its Edward ELRIC not Alric.

Also I have quite a few that I do not like.

One Piece: Monkey D. Luffy
Bleach: Gin (even after what happened recently in the Manga)
Naruto: Sasuke (he is one of the biggest emo cry babies I have seen in a Manga/Anime)
Full Metal Alchemist: Maes Hues (I just didn't like him thought he was really annoying)
Death Note: Light Yagami
Tales of Destiny: Lion

Those are the only ones that I can think of right now.

masseyguy911:
Sasuke, just could not stand the guy!

i think your close, but the most annoying anime character would probably be sakura in my opinion

[Kira Must Die]:

I have no idea who that is, yet alone what anime it is, but yes. I would very much like to punch him.

He looks like a 4 year old with an adult body

Edit; Oh right. The pre-Funimation cast of Yu Yu Hakusho.

My god, those voices were so goofy.

Phoenixlight:

masseyguy911:

Sasuke, just could not stand the guy![/quote
:O What did you find annoying about him?

I dont know about him, but for me...he is the lamest Sasuke Ninja ever. Mystical Ninja's was better....and a robot.

imaloony:
I HATED Sakura in Naruto. She was so bloody useless. Yeah, she got better in Shippuden, but that never aired in America, so it doesn't count.

Actually they have aired shippuden in Disney XD and its actually not even censored really.

hermes200:
Alucard
Light
Naraku
Itachi Uchiha

Basically, any character that is poorly written, yet so over the top powerful that is just a mary sue for the creator...

Somebody needs to actually read Hellsing.

Phoenixlight:
Snip

For me it is Chris Redfield from Sonic X.

He is pretty much complete uselessness combined with annoying dubbed voice actor (that is for [b]4KIDS[/b[ standards mind you) and his undieing love of Sonic that is twice as intense as Amy's and 4 times as creepy (really, watch five minutes of the show and it is impossible to think that Chris DOESN'T love Sonic) makes for a character that even the most hardcore Sonic fans I know hate the kid.

Let me repeat.

Hardcore Sonic fans, that have liked Black Knight, Sonic '06, and CHIP, have HATED Chris Redfield.

Let that thought sink in for a moment.

FargoDog:
Misa from Death Note, or Nanalee from Code Geass. Yes, I'm picking on the crippled, blind child but she is so annoying.

I shit my pants i laughed so hard, She really is annoying

90% of them are mary sues so i h8 95% of them....because 5% of the remaining 10% are fucking dumb and/or annoying

bobby1361:

Motti:
the police girl from hellsing. I just found her voice so bloody annoying, but that could be because I watched the dubs instead of the subs.

She's pretty awesome though, in the Ovas she's... well, Ova 6 (or 5?) she does the most epic standoff I've ever seen.

It wasn't so much her actual character that I found annoying (although she was fairly whiny in the beginning) but her character's voice. Like I said, it may be a lot better in the subs.

Tenchi Masaki
Whines all the time and is surrounded by women who want to sleep with him and constantly rejects them.
Epic Fail

Queen Michael:

masseyguy911:

henritje:
Shinji I dont want to pilot a giant mech boohoo seriously he needs a Bright slap now!

Oh yes that guy... I know what you mean. He was the reason I just couldn't finish Evangelion.

I disagree. He was human; that's what I like about him.

but admit it the only thing he does is whine whine and whine

I already said Kone from Bleach but I changed my answer. Krillin...what a loser.

Inoue Orihime from Bleach. Fuck that whiny cow !!!

Kiju:
I hate Sasuke. :\

Emo, self-important little prick.

How dare you use my very own avatar :O!

Krion_Vark:
I know by now you probably have had a few corrections to your spelling but its Edward ELRIC not Alric.

You're right about that, I'll edit my original post to correct it.

Shemming:
Excalibor from soul eater. He/it will make you want to kill someone. And most of the other charcters from Soul Eater as well come to think of it. All of them a very whiny and have very annouying personality traits, im looking at you Kid.

Because to called out Kid I tried to find something unsymmetrical about your post.

I counted your words, the number of letters you used, the number of spaces you used, I even counted every single character you used to type that, I even went so far as to count the characters used to display this quote (though, I would have been fair and ignored it, had it been unsymmetrical). It's completely symmetrical.

Your hate towards the Soul Eater cast is too powerful.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here