Fallout new vegas , co-op?

While on fallout 3. I had a idea while i was sniping a super mutant face off his skull, and the idea went something like this. This kill would be twice as cool if i had a freind next to me. Then a freind of mine said that fallout new vegas had this feature. Is this true?

Im going to add a second question right here. Would co op be a good idea and how could it work?
I know thats two questions so don't comment in rage.

No I'm pretty sure it doesn't...

VATS would get really annoying with two people.

And I'd prefer to play Fallout solo anyway.

while im pretty sure new vegas doesnt have co-op. It wouldbe cool if they could get it to work somehow.

GamesB2:
No I'm pretty sure it doesn't...

VATS would get really annoying with two people.

And I'd prefer to play Fallout solo anyway.

This. The feeling is much more, immersive traversing the Wasteland by yourself.

And also, me and my freinds would argue during looting...

I would love to have my boyfriend and best friend with me while we were scouring the wasteland, having sniping competitions (of course I win since I use a gattling gun X3)

Considering as how co-op would kind of ruin the few actually hard fights you get into where you can't just run up to the people and beat them with a bat, I'm guessing no.
But since they're making the new game mode I guess you could work it out.

No it doesn't, and if it did I wouldn't buy it.

No.

I don't think Fallout New Vegas would be good with multiplayer.
VATS wouldn't work.

Also: I don't think games like Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas should EVER have multiplayer for the same reason why I think the Elder Scrolls series shouldn't have multiplayer: because it's great as a single player.
Making it multiplayer would...change it. The Fallout series has always been single player. They shouldn't change it.

A Fallout Online will be coming out some time, but I don't think it'll be very good.
Just my opinion.

EDIT: Also, resting wouldn't work.
You choose how many hours you want to rest, but it wouldn't work if there was mutiplayer.
Unless they change it.

I would only like it if the cannibalism perk worked on him/her. Don't look at me like that, you'd do it too.

Actually, people are working right now to mod Oblivion and Fallout 3 to be online co-op. I imagine that when New Vegas comes out, it's on the same engine, so a version for it would be released too.

runedavedude:
Actually, people are working right now to mod Oblivion and Fallout 3 to be online co-op. I imagine that when New Vegas comes out, it's on the same engine, so a version for it would be released too.

I don't know whether that's a great idea, or a terrible idea.

I mean, Oblivion is the one game where you can create a God among men, now put co-op with it and you've either got some epic fucking fights, or a completely mismatched fight.

It's pretty much the same with Fallout 3.

OT: I'm pretty sure that it doesn't have co-op, but there are rumors that the next TES game will have both a solo campaign with free-roam-y goodness, and an online mode similar to an MMORPG.

Your friend is misinformed.

It's a bad idea and it shouldn't happen. Why is multiplayer shoehorned into everything now days?

It's a great idea. Co-op means that it will attract a larger audience, giving the game's creators more revenue to make better games in the future. Besides, if you don't want to play New Vegas Co-op, no one's forcing you to (hopefully).

This is why I don't visit the New Vegas forums any more. What would be the point? It's a role-playing game, where you take control of a character, explore, talk to people and make choices. How the hell would that work co-op? It'd fuck up the dialogue, which is a big part of the game, and completely kill immersion. Pointless.

And before anyone says "but you don't have to play co-op if you don't want to", it costs time and money to put it in, which could be better spent on... pretty much anything else.

I could see fights starting over people just hoovering up all the ammo etc.

Would be intresting

No, it's not true
No it's a bad idea
Maybe I'm just being picky about what happens, but horrible idea.

I think that the Lone wanderer must remain the lone wanderer.

Riccan:
I would only like it if the cannibalism perk worked on him/her. Don't look at me like that, you'd do it too.

Yes I would... which is why anyone who plays with me should endeavor not to piss me off.

i do have to admit that i would have to shoot most of my freinds as soon as we found a box with a brahmin stake.

Argtee:
No.

I don't think Fallout New Vegas would be good with multiplayer.
VATS wouldn't work.

Also: I don't think games like Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas should EVER have multiplayer for the same reason why I think the Elder Scrolls series shouldn't have multiplayer: because it's great as a single player.
Making it multiplayer would...change it. The Fallout series has always been single player. They shouldn't change it.

A Fallout Online will be coming out some time, but I don't think it'll be very good.
Just my opinion.

EDIT: Also, resting wouldn't work.
You choose how many hours you want to rest, but it wouldn't work if there was mutiplayer.
Unless they change it.

ok

i see a number of things wrong with this most among them if your good VAT's will waste time so don't use it.YOU DON"T NEED IT FOR MULTIPLAYER

Fallout Online is Fallout 2 made into an online multiplayer client.

why do you need to rest if you know what your doing you can always have a bed around(i.e portable tent mod,leather backpack mod ect.)

what you should be worried about is spawning would you be able to choose your spawn or would it be static or would the go the minecraft aproach and wereever you slept last you spawn

and there wouldn't need to be a problem with looting you could just have it so you don't have to stay together again like minecraft

acauly minecraft solves a lot of a multiplayer Vegas or Fallout 3 would pose

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=43751

There's a same-screen mod that allows a second player to control an on-screen NPC. But that's the best we can get right now as networking Fallout's engine for coop is beyond a nearly insurmountable task.

Here are two videos of the Fallout3 version of the mod:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJq7n7sI5T4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IoMTwvec0k

Im very suspicious adding "online" compnents to games

anything that requires online had a shelf life...the more important you make it to the game the more oyu can potentially hurt it but adding a use by

No it doesn't.

If it did then I would get rid of my copy in a heartbeat.

It also wouldn't work on the PC. People would have to have the same mods.

For instance, I have a lot of housing mods scattered around and if someone joined my game they wouldn't be able to enter the buildings.

Either that or they would have to remove mods which would just kill the game for me anyway.

Rawne1980:
No it doesn't.

If it did then I would get rid of my copy in a heartbeat.

It also wouldn't work on the PC. People would have to have the same mods.

For instance, I have a lot of housing mods scattered around and if someone joined my game they wouldn't be able to enter the buildings.

Either that or they would have to remove mods which would just kill the game for me anyway.

The present mod requires both players to be on the same PC (P2 using either a USB keyboard or gamepad).

Also, it would work on the PC to do an online coop, but as you stated you'd have to sync your mods.

Kenji_03:
The present mod requires both players to be on the same PC (P2 using either a USB keyboard or gamepad).

Also, it would work on the PC to do an online coop, but as you stated you'd have to sync your mods.

You are right, I phrased my post badly.

It would work but, as said, it would require work on both sides to have the same mods (something not everyone agrees on. I'm a housing fanatic, there are probably more player houses in my Fallout games than NPC's ... and there is certainly more guns).

It would also require similar PC hardware.

While Fallout:NV is hardly demanding of the PC I have close to 250 mods active which someone with a machine less powerful would not be able to handle.

While it would be simple for me to turn off some of them to make it easier for a "co-op" I wouldn't want to. It's not a game designed for co-op and I wouldn't want to play it as such .... only one armed to the teeth badass is allowed in my fallout :P

co-op would be lots of fun. you could finally introduce that tactic with greater satisfaction of being chased by a death claw and only having to outrun your friend

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked