Escapism UK: Halloween 2010 Event

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Announcing a new Escapism Event: Escapism UK Halloween

If you don't already know Escapism UK is an annual event held by UK based Escapist members. For the past two years Escapists from all over the world have come to London for a fun weekend trip with fellow gamers and forum goers. Good times had by all.

We all had so much fun down in London this year that there's no way we can wait a whole year to do something again. That's why I'm holding Escapism: Halloween on the 29th-31st October 2010 at my house in Hexham, Northumberland.

Every year my town holds a little celebration of the spookiest holiday of the year complete with stalls, fairground rides, music, events, movies, and costume competitions. I'm inviting you lot to come along and enjoy it as well. This will not be on the scale of the regular Escapism, but there will be loads of fun things to do in addition to all that. Here's a little breakdown of what is planned. Since there are 2 months left to go a lot is open to change and discussion if you have any better ideas.

Accommodation & Travel:

We'll all be staying in my house so there is no need to pay for hotels (unless you want to). If quite a few people come then be prepared to share double beds and sleeping bags on floors and sofas. I have quite a few sleeping bags and quilts, but some people may need to bring bedding.

My house is easy to get to via Road, Rail, Bus, and even Aeroplane (plus a train journey). You'll have to make your own travel plans and I'd be happy to give directions. Revelo is planning a Carpool to pick people up between Shopshire and my house via Sheffield. So contact him if you're interested (space is limited).

What's happening:

The plan of action at the moment is this:

Friday 29th: Travel up. The rest of the day can be spent getting to know each other, playing some games, and a meal out in the Evening (there are loads of different restaurants around to choose from, but we'll have to book in advance)

Saturday 30th: Day out in Newcastle shopping, etc. If people can't come up on the Friday we can meet up in Newcastle on the Saturday afternoon and travel back together. The Late Afternoon/Evening is when all the events are taking place so we will be back in Hexham for 5pm to get changed and head over. In the Evening the Cinema shows spooky films (last year was classic Hammer Horror films) so if they're any good we can go see them, but if not we'll head home and play some games or watch a film.

Sunday 31st: What ever you want to do and people can head off home when they please.

There schedule is flexible at this point and some things depend on the Weather. If you have any ideas then feel free to suggest them.

What you Need:

- Clothes for all weather. It may be cold, it may rain, it may be nice so be prepared.

- Money. I'll try to keep costs down and you won't need to pay for accommodation and I'll provide some food and drinks including breakfast, but if we're eating out on Friday night and lunch in Newcastle you'll need some money for food. We'll be getting to Newcastle on the train and it's about 5 for a return ticket. You'll also need cash for some of the rides and attractions at the fair.

- Costume. Everyone must have a Halloween costume. It doesn't need to be really expensive, but make an effort. I'll be holding a contest to see which is the best costume with fabulous prizes for the winner and runner-up.

Everyone is welcome as long as you're responsible, but there is a max limit of 10 people staying the night due to space restrictions. I you live in the area you're more than welcome to come up just for the Saturday.

So far there are already 5 people signed up from the Escapism UK group so there are 5 spots open. If you're interested in coming or have any questions then send me a PM. I also urge you join the Escapism group to get the latest updates and discussion on this, and other Escapism events.

I AM THERE!

I should be able to save up enough money for a trip.

Man, finally I can go to a foreign country and dress up in a costume without people thinking I'm a time-traveling Danish viking set on invading them.

Hubilub:
I AM THERE!

Man, finally I can go to a foreign country and dress up in a costume without people thinking I'm a time-traveling Danish viking set on invading them.

AWESOME! *High Five*

It shouldn't be too expensive besides the travel costs. As I said join the Escapism UK Group to stay up to date.

thenumberthirteen:

Hubilub:
I AM THERE!

AWESOME! *High Five*

It shouldn't be too expensive besides the travel costs. As I said join the Escapism UK Group to stay up to date.

I will probably have to think it through a little more before I can make any definite choices. I was saving money so I could go to Escapism UK next summer + Visit Furburt again. If going to this results in me not being able to see Furb, I might have to decline.

BUT WE SHALL WAIT AND SEE!

:(

Once again, being poor and the ocean foil my plans...
DAMN YOU OCEAN!

Oh how I wish I could go...

Be sure to take pictures! Lots of pictures! Like, a shit load.

Hubilub:
I will probably have to think it through a little more before I can make any definite choices. I was saving money so I could go to Escapism UK next summer + Visit Furburt again. If going to this results in me not being able to see Furb, I might have to decline.

No problem. Give it some thought and do some sums. It'd be fun to have you. Furburt's always welcome to come as well :)

Aww fuck the Ocean..

thenumberthirteen:

Hubilub:

No problem. Give it some thought and do some sums. It'd be fun to have you. Furburt's always welcome to come as well :)

I'll ask him if he can come as well.

I'll go and overlook the prices for taking the plane over. I will return with information.

Sounds like fun but Ill probably not go, but my parents wouldn't let me :(.

Alright, I'll be there.

We just need:

Lots and lots of rope
And
27,000,000 bulldozers

TheStickman:
Alright, I'll be there.

We just need:

Lots and lots of rope
And
27,000,000 bulldozers

Ah, the ol' "Dig up a giant hill of dirt with a bunch of bulldozers and then zip-line over to another country" trick.

Good luck with that

Damn you age!!!
If only I was 1 year older...

Hubilub:

TheStickman:
Alright, I'll be there.

We just need:

Lots and lots of rope
And
27,000,000 bulldozers

Ah, the ol' "Dig up a giant hill of dirt with a bunch of bulldozers and then zip-line over to another country" trick.

Good luck with that

I was actually going to pull Europe and North America together, but that's good too.

TheStickman:

Hubilub:

TheStickman:
Alright, I'll be there.

We just need:

Lots and lots of rope
And
27,000,000 bulldozers

Good luck with that

I was actually going to pull Europe and North America together, but that's good too.

You could also make a giant cave underground, then make a hole in the bottom of the sea so the cave fills with water, thereby making the ocean dry. Then you just walk over

Hubilub:

TheStickman:

Hubilub:

TheStickman:
Alright, I'll be there.

We just need:

Lots and lots of rope
And
27,000,000 bulldozers

Good luck with that

You could also make a giant cave underground, then make a hole in the bottom of the sea so the cave fills with water, thereby making the ocean dry. Then you just walk over

But what if it caves in?

Damn age! Another year or two...

TheStickman:

Hubilub:

TheStickman:

Hubilub:

TheStickman:
Alright, I'll be there.

We just need:

Lots and lots of rope
And
27,000,000 bulldozers

Good luck with that

But what if it caves in?

Then you just use the rope to pull yourself out of danger!

IT'S FUCKING FOOLPROOF!

I totally would but due to lack of funds, motivation and any idea where I'm going I'll give this a miss...

But I'll try and get to Escapism UK next year.

Hubilub:

TheStickman:

Hubilub:

TheStickman:

Hubilub:

TheStickman:
Alright, I'll be there.

We just need:

Lots and lots of rope
And
27,000,000 bulldozers

Good luck with that

But what if it caves in?

Then you just use the rope to pull yourself out of danger!

IT'S FUCKING FOOLPROOF!

GENIUS!

FUCKING, FUCKING, FUCKING FUCKING FUCKING FUCKING FUCKING

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

I live in England but I can't even make it. DAMN YOU BOBBY KOTICK. I BLAME YOU!

It sounds incredibly fun. If I was around 18 I'd try but I'm not. Who knows, Maybe I'll be there in two to three years from now. Great plan though.

Hmmmmmm, perhaps if i dig fast enough i should be able to make it! TO THE SHOVEL DEPOSITORY!

*starts digging to England*

Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon:
Damn you age!!!

What happens then? Do you inheret a fortune?

Well, now this has definatly peaked my interest. I'l definatly consider this and considering i already live in England, it's easier.

However, i'm only 15 and i have a test in October. FFFF-

I'd love to but, travel would be awkward, my parents wouldn't let me, and I never have a costume and halloween slightly scares me >_<

Fucking oceans man.

Fuck them so much.

Make sure you do this again in 2 years please? Cause I would love to come to one of these things! Unfortuantly, with college and many other things happening at the moment I doubt I could find the time :(

I approve of this location. The further away from london, the better.

thenumberthirteen:

Fallen-Angel Risen-Demon:
Damn you age!!!

What happens then? Do you inheret a fortune?

No...
Unfortunately...
I will be 15 and that is the age my parents said I could go to such things.

Well, it is now confirmed that I will be going.

Now I must just buy me some viking clothes!

enzilewulf:
Aww fuck the Ocean..

Yes, fuck the ocean!
WHY can't we travel through internets?!

I would come but I'm afraid I'm far too shy, and I probably couldn't afford it anyway. Unless I get enough birthday money.. Hmm..

To the ponder-cave!

Well, I can't take the time off school, so I'll have to give it a miss. :/

I would, but I quit my job and have no income as of yet.

Next year maybe.

There are two spots open on the Carpool I am planning at the moment, all thats required is that you live somewhere between Shropshire and Newcastle and not too far out of the way either in that respect. If possible then try to meet Sky at Sheffield so we can all get picked up as one group. The more people we get the cheaper the trip will be.

PM me for further details if you are interested.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked