Suicide pills

Pages 1 2 NEXT

First off I will start saying that I am not suicidal and this isn't a thread about committing suicide for 'just wanting out' purposes. If you are suicidal, no offence but I don't want to hear it cos I don't know you and honestly don't really care. With that said....

I often think about when I am going to die and how it will happen. I know most don't but I think more people should take in to account the one sure thing in life. Death. I looked into suicide pills as something I could store away for that day where I was say terminally ill or going to get dragged off to jail for life.

Not only did I find they were illegal but really only used in the miltary for special forces in the event of capture. If anyone has ever cared for anyone with cancer or anything they would know of certain drugs that I found could be mixed to make a lethal dose so they are not hard to make. At least this way I could have complete control over when and where I go and in what circumstance. Best of all its painless. Anyone else ever consider this? Not for suicide in a 'I give up' way but when there really is no point and you just want to go quietly and painlessly

If I get to the point when I'm about 80 when I can no longer look after myself, and people have to dress me, and I can't control my bowels, that's when I'd like to go out quietly.

It's sort of irrelevant that they're illegal, it's easier to just overdose on painkillers.

WrongSprite:
If I get to the point when I'm about 80 when I can no longer look after myself, and people have to dress me, and I can't control my bowels, that's when I'd like to go out quietly.

It's sort of irrelevant that they're illegal, it's easier to just overdose on painkillers.

The painkillers way is true but the consequences of getting it wrong could leave you a vegetable. An even worse position then you were already..You have to get the combinations pretty correct to make a pill that guaranteed to work. With suicide to me its one shot only, thats why I would never risk a gun to my head or something like that cos it not guaranteed

I want to go out with a bang!
I would like to become the real life joker for a couple days before getting shot or being killed by one of my own explosions...
That said I'm probably going to have to start planning my death by the time I'm 50... but I swear, you're going to read my name! =)

Well, I want to die before I am 75, unless I possess all of my faculties.

When I begin to forget stuff, or begin to become slow, or contract cancer, I will take a trip to the chemist for some painkillers or to the Dignitas clinic.

SUICIDE PILLS ARE FOR PUSSIES! Real men cut their own heads off WITH CHAINSAWS!!!

Sorry fpr that. In seriousness, having a few of those on hand would be useful should worst possibilities come true - but i don't believe i am THAT unlucky.

Go into any jewelery store and ask for some potassium cyanide, make up some story about rebuffing an old ring or something. Then there's the plethora of OTC pharms available that can be OD'd on at fairly reasonable dosages. Theres even plenty of fungi/plants that'll do the job if you know what you're looking for. And this is all before going into the recreational drugs that can kill. Trouble with all those is that they take time to do the job.

Standard painkillers like APAP and aspirin are pretty stupid ways to suicide, hours and hours of pain and spending the rest of your life with a machine for a kidney if it doesn't work.

Either way potassium cyanide is your best bet for an easy to obtain quick and easy death.

ThatPurpleGuy:
I know most don't but I think more people should take in to account the one sure thing in life. Death.

Obviously you take it into account but somehow still manage not to accept it, something a lot more people should do.

AxCx:

ThatPurpleGuy:
I know most don't but I think more people should take in to account the one sure thing in life. Death.

Obviously you take it into account but somehow still manage not to accept it, something a lot more people should do.

Yeah I think thats more what I was trying to say..I heard a saying once that "everyone knows they are going to die, but noone actaully believes it" and I think thats pretty spot on..The only difference is I definitely believe it and feel I should plan accordingly :)

Shpongled:
Go into any jewelery store and ask for some potassium cyanide, make up some story about rebuffing an old ring or something. Then there's the plethora of OTC pharms available that can be OD'd on at fairly reasonable dosages. Theres even plenty of fungi/plants that'll do the job if you know what you're looking for. And this is all before going into the recreational drugs that can kill. Trouble with all those is that they take time to do the job.

Standard painkillers like APAP and aspirin are pretty stupid ways to suicide, hours and hours of pain and spending the rest of your life with a machine for a kidney if it doesn't work.

Either way potassium cyanide is your best bet for an easy to obtain quick and easy death.

Yeah not talking standard painkillers more like oxycodone, endone those types..The right combinations can be lethal in minutes. Potassium cyanide is definitely something I will look at though, so thanks

ive been looking for a way to die painlessly, only trying to have that option as a escape should i ever feel i am just not worth the effort anymore

ThatPurpleGuy:
Yeah not talking standard painkillers more like oxycodone, endone those types..The right combinations can be lethal in minutes. Potassium cyanide is definitely something I will look at though, so thanks

While quick, cyanide is an excruciating way to die. It pretty much shuts down respiration, so you suffocate alive no matter how much you breathe. I would much prefer carbon monoxide poisoning. It's odorless and tricks the body into thinking it has plenty of air to breathe.

But suicide is a sin. God wants us to die in writhing agony so he can get a few cheap laughs.

archvile93:
But suicide is a sin. God wants us to die in writhing agony so he can get a few cheap laughs.

Humour added to an otherwise depressing thread, well done.

Dags90:

ThatPurpleGuy:

While quick, cyanide is an excruciating way to die. It pretty much shuts down respiration, so you suffocate alive no matter how much you breathe. I would much prefer carbon monoxide poisoning. It's odorless and tricks the body into thinking it has plenty of air to breathe.

Ah yes the old carbon minoxide way..This is where you just lock yourself in a garage with a car engine running, yeah? I actually don't think thats possible anymore with the all "clean and green" cars we have now. There is also the logistics of all that. You would have to rely on noone finding you and if they did they would of course try to save you and you would most likely have brain damage by then. Also if the car for whatever reason "broke down" and didn't finish the job.

ThatPurpleGuy:

WrongSprite:

The painkillers way is true but the consequences of getting it wrong could leave you a vegetable. An even worse position then you were already..You have to get the combinations pretty correct to make a pill that guaranteed to work. With suicide to me its one shot only, thats why I would never risk a gun to my head or something like that cos it not guaranteed

It's really not difficult, there's no complicated combination. Get a shitload of paracetamol, and eat it all. That's how people do these things.

I don't want to even contemplate thinking about maybe considering looking into getting these kinds of pills. Not for at least another 50 years, provided my health holds up. Something bad would happen I just know it. Someone would mistake them for painkillers or some kind of medicine. It would end badly, I'm sure.

Haha, I'm lucky, I'm diabetic so I always have a lethal dose of insulin on me.

Suck it!

hyperhammy:
I would like to become the real life joker for a couple days before getting shot or being killed by one of my own explosions...
That said I'm probably going to have to start planning my death by the time I'm 50... but I swear, you're going to read my name! =)

such an aspiration... to commit suffering upon others before one dies, even possibly killing some.

A "real life joker" is such a stupid idea.

and also forcing someone to kill you via being shot?

way to again be selfish and cause someone to carry the burden of killing another human being, just because they were selfish to the end.

A little off topic, but man if I knew I was going to go I don't think I'd just up and go.
I don't think it's cowardly by the way.
There'd just be nothing really holding me back from saying and doing the things I felt need said or done. Now I have to account for my livelihood for a certain measure, but if I knew it was coming there'd be a special limited edition crazy guy named Burn on the loose with little inhibition.

No, I have never considered aquiring suicide pills for two reasons:

1) I have a paralyzing fear of death, and even if I was dying I'd probably still be too afraid to end my life early

2) If I ever did commit suicide, I wouldn't use pills, I'd jump. I figure jumping off a tall building or cliff would be a huge rush, and the end would be quick enough to be painless, so it's a great way to go in my opinion.

But I am completely unboard the whole deciding your own death thing. I can understand why suicide pills are illegal, since if they were, they would probably mostly be used for murder and not suicide. But if you want to end your life using one then by all means, die well.

ItsAChiaotzu:

Suck it!

I am seriously jealous.

I don't really see the point in suicide pills, if you're set on killing yourself you'll find any means to do it so I don't see their purpose really.
Unless it's to regulate suicide, which is an unsettling statement.

leeloodallasmultipass:

hyperhammy:

such an aspiration... to commit suffering upon others before one dies, even possibly killing some.

A "real life joker" is such a stupid idea.

and also forcing someone to kill you via being shot?

way to again be selfish and cause someone to carry the burden of killing another human being, just because they were selfish to the end.

I never said I was going to force someone to shoot me... =S
Also I was obivously joking...
You need to chill for a second, and not overreact to some dude on the internet.

Yeah, I'd like to go out with a bang, like saving someone else or driving a flaming truck into Hitlers place of death, but I've seen first hand the things that age can do, and I would probably seek Euthanasia.

Aging can't be cured, so I don't have to worry about dying then a day later them finding a cure, and even if they did, a world in which no one aged... I don't think I'd like to live in that world. I like the thought of being able to die peacefully and on my own accord. I don't want to die of a heart attack or something, I'd like to just... go. If the option to go out doing something meaningful fail, of course. Dignified, is the word.

If i at the age of 87 get a deadly and painful cancer, i'd want to go in an action filled way.
Like parachuting without a backpack or something, not suicidal at all but i would honestly do something crazy rather than go painfully and weak.

Don't judge me by this, its just an honest opinion.

ThatPurpleGuy:
First off I will start saying that I am not suicidal and this isn't a thread about committing suicide for 'just wanting out' purposes. If you are suicidal, no offence but I don't want to hear it cos I don't know you and honestly don't really care. With that said....

I often think about when I am going to die and how it will happen. I know most don't but I think more people should take in to account the one sure thing in life. Death. I looked into suicide pills as something I could store away for that day where I was say terminally ill or going to get dragged off to jail for life.

Not only did I find they were illegal but really only used in the miltary for special forces in the event of capture. If anyone has ever cared for anyone with cancer or anything they would know of certain drugs that I found could be mixed to make a lethal dose so they are not hard to make. At least this way I could have complete control over when and where I go and in what circumstance. Best of all its painless. Anyone else ever consider this? Not for suicide in a 'I give up' way but when there really is no point and you just want to go quietly and painlessly

You really want to die, you can do it with the materials at hand within a few painful minutes. Besides being illegal, suicide pills would be a heck of a long term risk for a short-term convenience. Whose to say you don't have kids, and they find your "stash", and think it's some leftover hallucinogen from your college days? What if, in the midst of a blinding headache, you pop the wrong bottle of Tylenol? Say someone knows about your pills and their purpose, and decides to carry out your wishes before you're ready? The investigators find out about your pills, decide it was a suicide, and the perp walks away. (Some of these are a bit cinematic, but hey - we're talking suicide pills).

Take life as it comes. And if you run out of options (and make sure you're all out - it's not exactly a rescindable action), figure your way out as you come to it. Heck, even if you're paralyzed, you can bite off your tongue, or have Clint Eastwood give you a shot, or something.

If I was going to go out, I would have to do it by blowing something up. Not killing anything, just blowing something big up, and pretending to run away and shoot at the cops, before the shoot me to death, and then they find a letter on my corpse explaining the whole thing.

Bender Rodriguez:
If i at the age of 87 get a deadly and painful cancer, i'd want to go in an action filled way.
Like parachuting without a backpack or something, not suicidal at all but i would honestly do something crazy rather than go painfully and weak.

Don't judge me by this, its just an honest opinion.

Nah, thats cool..I wish more people could openly talk about the death subject without it turning into "oh you are suicidal and have depression" just for thinking about it.

I bought up this subject with some of my RL friends and got that sort of response..They all thought I should "seek help" (lol) for having these "thoughts". I had to laugh at them cos they just couldn't see the reality that death is actually iminent at any moment not just when your 90.

hyperhammy:

I never said I was going to force someone to shoot me... =S
Also I was obviously joking...
You need to chill for a second, and not overreact to some dude on the internet.

oh I wasn't over-reacting, nor intentionally attacking you "the dude on the internet"

I was merely passing comment on the idea of your original post.

even though it was said in jest for humorous purposes, the idea that someone would actually do that, itself is still abhorrent.

Am I the only foolish one that thinks one could live forever?
I mean there are 2 ways to look at this:
1. Possibly science will advance so much that one won't be able to die of old age.
2. If I become old and icky and stuff at least I can still be young and live happily ever after in my imaginary dream world(which could become a really real perception thanks to drugs and science advancements).
Anyway I'm to awesome to think about my death! When it'll come and catch me off guard it'll come(no point in planning how to off yourself when you're old if you don't even live that long; I mean a plain or nuclear fallout could easily stop all your "problems"; heck even a silly bus could do the job just fine)

Shpongled:

Actualy, cyanide causes your lungs to stop absorbing oxagen, it's like being smothered from the inside. it can take several minutes and be realy painful. Your better off with strong opiates like a morphine overdose where you just sort of stop.

Colour-Scientist:

ItsAChiaotzu:

Suck it!

I am seriously jealous.

I don't really see the point in suicide pills, if you're set on killing yourself you'll find any means to do it so I don't see their purpose really.

Yep, I am so lucky for having a potentially life threatening disease that I will have for the rest of my life no matter what I do and will affect me with constant problems in many areas of my body even though I did nothing wrong.

Lucky me.

ItsAChiaotzu:

Colour-Scientist:

ItsAChiaotzu:

Suck it!

I am seriously jealous.

Yep, I am so lucky for having a potentially life threatening disease that I will have for the rest of my life no matter what I do and will affect me with constant problems in many areas of my body even though I did nothing wrong.

Lucky me.

Eh... it was a joke. I hate that the internet can't send tone.

Hang yourself in your closet... I tried to do that once...
OT: yeah it doesn't surprise me that the government is holding out on the good stuff...

Nothing, "cowardly," about this. Yes, if you're looking for an easy way out of a temporary problem, then yes, you are a coward. Doing something like this to ease your own suffering, or the suffering of those around you, isn't cowardly... Hell, I'd even venture to say there is some nobility in it. For example...

If I get to a point in my life where I cannot wipe my own ass, I'm stepping out. Even in a case of advanced Alzheimer's, I'm out (complete with notes to remind myself of my decision).

Though, my take on it is a bullet to the head. Yes, you can screw it up, but it's awfully hard to do so if you know what you're doing. Gun under chin, point at brainstem, spraypaint the trees in my backyard with grey matter. Something like that, though, obviously, you don't want to hurt anyone else. So, my plan, if I were to ever become a burden on my son, is to sit against my large tree in the back (9 foot base on the thing), Desert Eagle under the chin, bullet lodged in tree. No one else harmed by a big bullet that wants to keep on going after it passes through squishy me.

I've OD'd before (doctor prescribed too much of a medication, actually), and it hurts--badly.

Though, my *plan* is to live a healthy, productive life up until the natural end of my life.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here