Red vs Blue Revelation Ending *Spoilers*

Yesterday Season 8 of RvB finally ended, and it ended with a great bang! It was a great, funny, and actiony ending. :) Though the ending was kind of another cliff-hanger. I was assuming that this would be the series ending (but of course they do need to make RvB using Halo: Reach more, like how last 30 seconds were using it.)

Since it ended with Church still not finally getting to be with Tex, and ending with him replaying memories of the Blood Gulch chronicles. With the ending also it says the director will be dissapointed becuase they think, Washington is dead. So its possible that the director despite the soldiers saying they were going to throw away the epsilon but it is possible that the director could get his hands on it and for the most part, much of the director is still unknown, we learned more about him this season but we still are missing a lot of info on him.

The song during the battle with meta was awesome, I really wish I could listen to it seperate. :)

So what did followers of RvB think of the ending?

i thought the ending was great and yeah it left a lot of questions ,but overall it was funny action packed and really enjoyable

I found it to be bittersweet as a whole. The action was great, but didn't match the bar set by the previous episode. Despite character development, the cast seems a bit too set in their ways for much to ever really change(not completely a bad thing). And, somewhat fitting for a dramatic reconstruction, the humor was a bit flat.

Still, it was a rather satisfying ending, it was touching without seeming overdramatic or cheesy, and the next season seems to be set up well in Reach.

Can't wait to see Donut and Lopez again next year. And what's up with the lack of info on Doc and Sister?

The way I choose to interpret the ending is this: it's an infinite loop. It's always been in Church's head, and he just keeps digging himself deeper trying to find Tex. Or, to put it in as nerdy terms as possible: "This has all happened before, it will all happen again..."

i thought the finale should have been the second to last one since the fight with the Meta left alot to be desired after that Explosion of an episode last week
seriously they somehow keep him still long enough to hook it on and push him off the cliff im not buying it

but hey they have plenty of room to keep going and i love how Wash joined the blues at the end that part made me squeak a little inside

It was a magnificient ending of magnum opus. though the action was dropped compared to the last episode the story telling was amazing. I am curious on how the Spring 2011 series will work. will there be a simaltanious (spell fail) storylines involving the Real world and Church's memories? that would be AWSOME.

PureIrony:

Can't wait to see Donut and Lopez again next year. And what's up with the lack of info on Doc and Sister?

what're you talking about? Doc appeared in the episode and is OBVIOUSLY returning. while RoosterTeeth had no comments on Sister (according to Comic-Con 2010), so one can infer she'll return as a plot twist.

This was disappointing as all hell. Reconstruction revealed more than Revelations did. They never explained why Washington was working against the Reds and Blues (after all, he DID straight up murder Donut) or why the Chairman thought sending him with the Meta would ever end well even if he was being "supervised". Sarge seems to have gotten over the fact that he was never a real soldier and is totally fine with going back to the bases despite this fact. There are far too many problems and loose ends that need tying, or at least give some sense of closure. It just felt like the storyline just stopped. That's what it is.

And I can't help but mention that these "Red vs Blue" games that they eternally play seem more like purgatory than anything else. It was better when they at least thought they were real soldiers, fighting a real war, at least then they had a sense of purpose. Now it's just like what's the point? There's no reason to hate the Blues, and the rest of the time they just sit on their asses hanging around. Washington is going to join the Blues in this purgatory out of the interest that it's better than going to jail. Why not just quit being a soldier? He clearly just wants out, it's been his motivation ever since his mental breakdown with Epsilon. Now he's content to just sit on his ass with the rest of the Blues in purgatory? Why was the Chairman so against Wash in the first place? What was his motivation through all of this? Why didn't he have a secondary means of restraint on the Meta since it was obvious he would go rogue? Why doesn't anybody ever fucking check for a body after a character goes cliff diving face first?! Why does Church want to spend his time during his hellish misadventures at Blood Gultch?! Why are both Reds and Blues so accepting of Wash even after he murdered Donut and clearly didn't give a shit about them?! Why am I currently wearing a Star-fleet uniform?!

There is no closure from this ending! There wasn't even a climax! No big revelation at the end! It was just... eeeehhh...

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm bitching, but after the awesome ending of Reconstruction, this was just such a kick to the balls for me. Reconstruction had plot-holes, but they were at least plot-holes you could live with, especially since the story was solid enough even with their presence.

what're you talking about? Doc appeared in the episode and is OBVIOUSLY returning. while RoosterTeeth had no comments on Sister (according to Comic-Con 2010), so one can infer she'll return as a plot twist.[/quote]

I was referring to the fact that Doc didn't appear during the epilogue. Theres only so many times they'll need a medic now that they won't be fighting each other.

As for Sister, I'm starting to wonder if they didn't just kill her off because they couldn't find a way to make fresh material off her, which is rather likely given she was pretty one-dimensional. Though, given the trilogy's more serious nature, its just as likely they couldn't work her into any actual drama.

EDIT: Sorry, messed up the quote. I'm talking to you, Megaman-multiplevariables.

PureIrony:

Did you not see doc? he was kinda in at least half of that season... did you fast forward any part having to do with the meta?

but lets not get into an argument. i believe mr drunk ninja above me got most, if not all of the complaints of anyone ever so yeap there it is

TheDrunkNinja:
I'm super fucking pissd

thought i'd quote him to give him credit or something

It was fantastic but I am confused on how they're going to carry this.
It was called 'n+1' which might imply that everything we've seen so in far is actually past events in the story remembered by church and will hold weight in the upcoming season.

TheDrunkNinja:
And I can't help but mention that these "Red vs Blue" games that they eternally play seem more like purgatory than anything else. It was better when they at least thought they were real soldiers, fighting a real war, at least then they had a sense of purpose. Now it's just like what's the point? There's no reason to hate the Blues, and the rest of the time they just sit on their asses hanging around. Washington is going to join the Blues in this purgatory out of the interest that it's better than going to jail. Why not just quit being a soldier? He clearly just wants out, it's been his motivation ever since his mental breakdown with Epsilon. Now he's content to just sit on his ass with the rest of the Blues in purgatory?

Well, the true reveal of the 'RvB' games was at episode 17 so they just learned it thus the Reds helping at the end. As for Wash, there is nothing saying is going to Blood Gulch with them, that's just your assumption. Actually, I'm very sure he won't as Shannon McCormick is a real actor and said when cannot continue to be a main character.

As for Doc, he had a huge part this season as Wash's captive and Lopez claims to have killed Sister. Also, Donut isn't dead, in one of the sponsor episodes, after the credits, he gets up.

AngelicSven:
It was fantastic but I am confused on how they're going to carry this.
It was called 'n+1' which might imply that everything we've seen so in far is actually past events in the story remembered by church and will hold weight in the upcoming season.

TheDrunkNinja:
And I can't help but mention that these "Red vs Blue" games that they eternally play seem more like purgatory than anything else. It was better when they at least thought they were real soldiers, fighting a real war, at least then they had a sense of purpose. Now it's just like what's the point? There's no reason to hate the Blues, and the rest of the time they just sit on their asses hanging around. Washington is going to join the Blues in this purgatory out of the interest that it's better than going to jail. Why not just quit being a soldier? He clearly just wants out, it's been his motivation ever since his mental breakdown with Epsilon. Now he's content to just sit on his ass with the rest of the Blues in purgatory?

Well, the true reveal of the 'RvB' games was at episode 17 so they just learned it thus the Reds helping at the end. As for Wash, there is nothing saying is going to Blood Gulch with them, that's just your assumption. Actually, I'm very sure he won't as Shannon McCormick is a real actor and said when cannot continue to be a main character.

As for Doc, he had a huge part this season as Wash's captive and Lopez claims to have killed Sister. Also, Donut isn't dead, in one of the sponsor episodes, after the credits, he gets up.

A: It's already known that the Red vs Blue games were really simulations since Washington said it back in Reconstruction. The characters just didn't believe him at the time, or didn't care enough to question it. It's more of a reveal to the characters rather than the audience, which is bullshit considering the title is Revelations.

B: I never said they were going back to Blood Gultch. I said that Church is currently revisiting his virtual memories in Blood Gultch. But, that wasn't the point you were making. You were saying there was no proof that Washington was going to join the Blues? Um, did you watch the whole episode? Washington dodges the army by wearing blue armor. Okay, maybe bluish, but that's not the point. That doesn't mean that he's going to join the Blues, right?

... Except for the fact that he walks away with the Blues going back to their base, while the Reds snidely comment on how the Blues have a new member, i.e. Washington. Washington is going to hide from the military by posing as a Blue, joining in the Red vs Blue games.

C: Doc specifically said and emphasized many times that Donut was dead. The filler or PSA episodes (which I'm assuming you're talking about) have nothing to do with the series canon. If Rooster Teeth do bring him back, it doesn't deter from the fact that Washington at least attempted to kill him, with the full intent of murder. That was the point I was trying to make.

TheDrunkNinja:
B: I never said they were going back to Blood Gultch. I said that Church is currently revisiting his virtual memories in Blood Gultch. But, that wasn't the point you were making. You were saying there was no proof that Washington was going to join the Blues? Um, did you watch the whole episode? Washington dodges the army by wearing blue armor. Okay, maybe bluish, but that's not the point. That doesn't mean that he's going to join the Blues, right?

... Except for the fact that he walks away with the Blues going back to their base, while the Reds snidely comment on how the Blues have a new member, i.e. Washington. Washington is going to hide from the military by posing as a Blue, joining in the Red vs Blue games.

C: Doc specifically said and emphasized many times that Donut was dead. The filler or PSA episodes (which I'm assuming you're talking about) have nothing to do with the series canon. If Rooster Teeth do bring him back, it doesn't deter from the fact that Washington at least attempted to kill him, with the full intent of murder. That was the point I was trying to make.

Wash was wearing blue armor because the soldiers that show up at the end would have recognized him, they gave it to him so he could get away. They actually verbalize when they look at his 'corpse' and say "Man, the director is gonna be mad that he's dead." It's just a ploy so the Freelancer Agency thinks he's dead so he can get away. The Red's remarks are just tongue in cheek I'd think as there would be no reason for him to stay there. It make more sense if he just left, which is basically what we're agreeing on.

As for Donut. No, I mean in an episode of Revelation. There is a bonus sponsors only ending after the credits in which Donut gets back up and wonders where he is. I'm not saying he's going to become back in to the full story but he certainly is not dead. Let me try to find that episode.

AngelicSven:
Wash was wearing blue armor because the soldiers that show up at the end would have recognized him, they gave it to him so he could get away. They actually verbalize when they look at his 'corpse' and say "Man, the director is gonna be mad that he's dead." It's just a ploy so the Freelancer Agency thinks he's dead so he can get away. The Red's remarks are just tongue in cheek I'd think as there would be no reason for him to stay there. It make more sense if he just left, which is basically what we're agreeing on.

As for Donut. No, I mean in an episode of Revelation. There is a bonus sponsors only ending after the credits in which Donut gets back up and wonders where he is. I'm not saying he's going to become back in to the full story but he certainly is not dead. Let me try to find that episode.

... That's what I said. Hang on, let me point it out.

TheDrunkNinja:
Um, did you watch the whole episode? Washington dodges the army by wearing blue armor. Okay, maybe bluish, but that's not the point. That doesn't mean that he's going to join the Blues, right?

The bold is where I said that. The bold and italicized is my response.

As for Donut, I didn't know that. That doesn't deter from my point though.

EDIT: Re-reading this, I don't think I was clear on what I'm trying to get across. Considering the fact that he walks away wearing blue armor, with the Blues who are going to Blue base, and the Reds comment on him being a new Blue member, it seemed that Washington joining the Blues was what Rooster Teeth wanted us to get from the ending. Whether that comes to pass or not is up to them, but it was severely implied and was what Rooster Teeth wanted us to think, again whether true or not. Saying that it might not be the case is more of a claim of speculation than assuming that it's true is. That's what I was trying to say.

I thought it was cool. It ended in such a way that it leaves future events open to interpretation. If they want to keep going, they left plenty of room, but everything from Revelation was concluded so they don't have to continue of they don't want to. But Roosterteeth is smart enough to know that one of the only things they have going for them is RvB and if they stop now they're probably out of business.

It is nice to see them using the new editing in really cool ways, but not giving up on the original machinimation that built the series.

TheDrunkNinja:

TheDrunkNinja:
Um, did you watch the whole episode? Washington dodges the army by wearing blue armor. Okay, maybe bluish, but that's not the point. That doesn't mean that he's going to join the Blues, right?

The bold is where I said that. The bold and italicized is my response.

As for Donut, I didn't know that. That doesn't deter from my point though.

I understand that but why do assume he's going to join the blues instead of just leaving? Because the Red's say so? To dodge the army? They think he's dead, he wouldn't have to stay in blue base.

Also, I found the episode, it's ep. 13.

AngelicSven:
snip

Sorry, I clarified my position in my edit.

Can't wait for the next season

I think Washington was better off in prison.

TheDrunkNinja:

AngelicSven:
snip

Sorry, I clarified my position in my edit.

Alright, that makes much more sense.

I kind of do wish Donut does come back, the only reason they had him killed off is because Dan Godwin, the voice of Donut had a lot of stuff going on. I think it's much more of a toss-up now that they actually went through the effort to bring him back. And that Burnie later said he was still undecided about permanently writing Donut out of the main story.

I just watched it again. One line stood out. "...killing one of these agents would be tough, but three? and this guy... (looking at "wash's" body)

This raises 2 possibilities:
1. he was including wash in the 3, and simply changing mental gears.
2. He wasn't including wash, so where did the extra body come from?
Come to think of it, Doc wasn't in that scene...

hittite:
I just watched it again. One line stood out. "...killing one of these agents would be tough, but three? and this guy... (looking at "wash's" body)

This raises 2 possibilities:
1. he was including wash in the 3, and simply changing mental gears.
2. He wasn't including wash, so where did the extra body come from?
Come to think of it, Doc wasn't in that scene...

No, I think that he was like this guy because they were aware of his mission hence the "Man, the chairman is not going to happy he's dead. I think he wanted to personally debrief him." 'Killed,' along with Maine and Tex, the other two presumably. Also, I don't think Doc clarifies as an agent or why/how he would have died.

I think you guys are missing the biggest loophole in the entire Revelation plot. Back during the very first few episodes, a white Church and Tex appeared. Ask yourselves about THAT.

Well sarge is an AI I'm sure you can remember. And how did omega get to tex?
Sheila?Sarge?Omega?Wash?caboose?

furry-ryuu-ken:
Well sarge is an AI I'm sure you can remember. And how did omega get to tex?
Sheila?Sarge?Omega?Wash?caboose?

what? sarge isn't an AI church is

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked