how to not be influenced by others

how can it stop :(

Live 'off the grid' in a cabin in the mountains

It's pretty easy. Stop caring.

Stop caring what others think. It's a hard concept to apply to real life, but once you do it, life seems to improve, as you are no longer living to please others. Your own opinions and beliefs will also be for you to apply to your life.

be yourself and do what you think is right, wear what you want when you want, and also just decide for yourself based on how you feel ad what you know.

Associate yourself with people who like you for who you are, not who they would like you to be. In return, be such a person yourself.

but were talking about someone i fear

grow a set of

A: Testicles
or
B: utersuses...es?
no wait ovaries that's it don't want two of the... former

Baseball bat, sneak up behind him, cap him in the knee. as he is on the ground walk up and then go for the nose, ONE SHOT ONLY. unless you want to have fun covering up his dead body

While a lot of what we "are" is how people see us, what makes us, US, is who we know we are. So, just know who you are(which is hard) and be honest with yourself. You'll be fine after it's all said and done.

It can't. Our lives are nothing but interactions between multiple individuals, causing events and discussions that affect how we think and act.

But if your question is how do you not fall to peer pressure, my quick answer is "think for yourself." If you don't want to do something don't do it. But not being "influenced" by others is impossible unless you murder yourself. Even the cabin in the mountains means you're influenced by forest animals, and you choice to live off the grid was influenced by the person who suggested it and the people who made you desperate enough to try it.

Realise that people's opinions don't always have to matter. You should never change your mind on anything without a sound reason. So if someone insults you, don't think about it since that opinion doesn't matter and they haven't given you a good reason to think that way yourself.

OP, please retort. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Eat a bucketload of brocolli, every day. And then you fart. A lot - trust me! There's no better people-repeller in the world than ripping a large one for everyone to hear (and smell)! And if you're rid of people, you're rid of influence. It's that simple!

Well, it's impossible not to get influenced in any way, but an effective method I'd assume would be to just stop caring about what other people tell you to/think about you. Oh, and don't watch TV... or use the internet... and don't call/text anyone!

If you don't want to get influenced by anyone then place yourself in a chair and stare at the wall. That's what I do!

Well, most of these responses are valid, but here's how I accomplished.

Become Self absorbed like hell, and I mean it. Become a total Narcissist and an Ego centrist, and you'll begin valuing yourself so highly that every opinion other than your own is maybe worth listening, but not really good.

But this is just changing one problem for the other. Humans are per se influential, and some are bound to lead, others are bound to follow. That's just how it works.

This topic is influencing me because I'm trying really hard not to let other things influence me lately! PARADOX!

heres the catch

ive had no experience

the person in question has lived for 40 years and has seen shitty parts of society and life

Boneasse:

If you don't want to get influenced by anyone then place yourself in a chair and stare at the wall. That's what I do!

But then... wouldn't he be influenced by you???

Girl With One Eye:
It's pretty easy. Stop caring.

I'm going to take that as you presenting that option a bit sarcastically. It's impossible to get that jaded. I don't give a crap about the majority of people I meet, but I do find that I care about the opinions of people I respect.

OP, why would you not want to be influenced in any way? I don't see a problem with it, unless you let other people control your lives.

I party to all hours of the night with my younger friends. Stay in and have a nice dinner with married friends. I put on a suit to meet prospective customers (being very careful to hide my tattoos). I don't tell military stories to some of my more liberal friends that I meet from the local art school. I don't talk politics to my more gear head buddies.

Think you are getting where I am going with this, these are all sides of the whole me. Just because I allow some parts out more freely among different groups of people doesn't mean I am allowing them to change me. Change being what I think you are more worried about, not influence.

Even if you are talking influence. I wouldn't be who I am today without joining the military, without going to college, without the friends I had in school, the friends I still have, and everyone I met along the way, they all influenced me.

Tydanubus:

Boneasse:

But then... wouldn't he be influenced by you???

Holy shit you're right! *Brain implodes*

Be aware, be skeptical, be cynical. You'll raise your defense vs. psionics significantly.

Check out "Malignant Narcissism" sounds to me like you may know one.

Full frontal lobotomy.

The fact that you're asking for others to influence you in a way that will stop you from being influenced by others is a bit of a paradox.

My two-cents: grow some confidence.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked