I need a tragic anime...

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

I just got finished watching Elfen lied and thought it was awesome. I found the story and characters extremely tragic, and i want top know if there are any other anime that are really tragic.

It doesn't have to be anything like Elfen lied, it could even be a anime movie.

So suggest me something please

Full Metal Alchemist has some pretty messed up stuff at the start. Check out the first Anime first and then move on to Brotherhood (the canonical series).

Evangelion is tragic I suppose. well... I'm not quite sure really. It is a total mindfuck though.

4Kids' dub of One Piece was pretty tragic.

If you can find it then Record of Lodos War.

Elfen Lied.....*looks at op*.....DAMNIT.

Wolf's Rain,
Cowboy BeBop

Gungrave

The ending of Code Geass was tragic, also some of the middle stuff was tragic also.

Graveyard of the Fireflies

It is a film, rather than a series, but it is argueably the most tragic anime in existence.

BlastedTheWorm:

Oh god. That was awful and bad and terrible and tragic.

Death Note actually has a lot of resemblance to Shakespearian tragedies, along with Code Geass. So if that's your thing, check them out.

Saikano (one of my favourites) if you like Elfen Lied you'll probobly like this,
But I would recomend the manga over the anime personally.

Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni and it's follow up series Kai and Rei would almost definatly qualify though Kai and Rei are a little bit more upbeat.

Probobly Umineko No Naku Koro Ni as well though I've yet to see this one.

Now and Then Here and There is just about the most depressing thing I've ever seen I can't even finish it.

Grave of the Fireflies abolutely.

Haven't finished it yet but Narutaru is shaping up to be a fairly tragic seires.

Voices of a Distant Star an OVA done by like two people on a home computer and they later added in professional voice actors this one is also damn good.

Romeo X Juliet another one I have yet to finish but considering the source material this one probobly won't have a happy ending.

5 Centimeters Per Second and Barefoot Gen are kinda depressing or so I've been told.

Wolf's Rain (correct spelling) would probably qualify as well.

That's all I can think of right now.

EDIT:

Judgement101:
The ending of Code Geass was tragic, also some of the middle stuff was tragic also.

Argh! how did I forget Code Geass? I only finished watching it last week!

EDIT 2:
You could also try Witch Hunter Robin I wouldn't really call it a tragady muself but the twist near the end is both depressing AND highly disturbing.

Sonuva EDIT 3:School Days

Ooooh! Ooooh! Hell girl! It gets very repetitive, and the story is "meh" but it is very tragic...

Hap2:

It is a film, rather than a series, but it is argueably the most tragic anime in existence.

oh god, i saw that in the 5th grade that was a very tragic movie

Berserk

I'd have to go with Code Geass and Kanon (2006). I couldn't bring myself to even finish Kanon because some of the events just depressed me so much... only got to Ep.19, However it was indeed a great show.(I'm not one to read ahead to see if things change/get better) I'll finish it some day.

Sorry i'm not much on Tragic/horror/suspense anime so i hope this helped

Sky Crawlers comes to mind.

icame:
I just got finished watching Elfen lied and thought it was awesome. I found the story and characters extremely tragic, and i want top know if there are any other anime that are really tragic.

It doesn't have to be anything like Elfen lied, it could even be a anime movie.

So suggest me something please

CODE GEASS

BlastedTheWorm:

Oh god... that was just awful. Its so bad it can make a grown man cry.

OT: OP, go with Cowboy Bebop.

This post is to make the previous post show.

I've heard School Days had a sad and pretty messed up ending.

The Gunbuster OVA. It's kinda old now and it's more of a bittersweet ending, but hey.
The sequel Diebuster also have a bittersweet ending.

And Mai-HiME if you ignore the

Code Geass as mentioned a few times above.
The three part OVA of Gunnm/Battle Angel Alita should count too.

neoontime:

I actually reccomend watching the first 10 episodes of School days, and just stopping there.

You'd probably be happier for it in the end.

Ashendarei:

neoontime:

I actually reccomend watching the first 10 episodes of School days, and just stopping there.

You'd probably be happier for it in the end.

I stopped half-way through 9 because there was so much drama. >.> that wasn't what i was expecting after i read the description of it.

Angel Beats, once you really get into it.

BlastedTheWorm:

4kids anything is tragic...

The again, One piece (funimation) or even jap dub It's very light hearted and bout every 12 to 5 episodes gets fairly dark...
But not the everyone dies in the end type of tragic...

Death Note is pretty tragic. Starts out as this really good anime and then halfway through it just turns crap.

That poor story. :(

Blood+, Princess Mononoke, and GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES. Especially that last one. Oh, and Higarashi no Nako Koru ni.

Danzaivar:
Death Note is pretty tragic. Starts out as this really good anime and then halfway through it just turns crap.

That poor story. :(

No arguments here. Fuck Near.

micky:

Hap2:

oh god, i saw that in the 5th grade that was a very tragic movie

What kind of sick teacher shows THAT to a group of 5th graders?!

I haven't seen it myself, but I've heard Bokurano described as "like Evangellion, but even more depressing". So there's that.

I actually did enjoy Death note even though when...You know went away the anime did turn to crap.

Looks like i have some catching up to do.

Code geass 2 seasons long, the ending of the second season is the single best anime ending I have ever fucking seen ever, if you haven't seen it it is definitely a must watch!

Higurashi comes to mind, though I think many people will disagree with me on it.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked