Someone calls you 'gay' as an insult, what's your response/thoughts?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Lol and move on.

So, I'm gay, do you want me now?

Or if someone says that using a certain item or weapon is gay/for wimps/etc. Then I ask: Why aren't you using it then?

I don't remember the last time anyone called me that over the net. It is probably because of how little I say to the "common man", but also because I never get in fights anymore. Oh, and thanks to my gender ambiguity, at least half of the people think I am female and so use other, more offensive terms, if they wanted to try to insult me. :(

If it's over the internet, I say "Yes, I'm gay. Is there a problem with that?" even though I really am not gay. If it's in real life, I ask if they could please find another generic insult to hit me with. Or say, "Is that the best you can come up with?"

Mimsofthedawg:

Archemetis:
snip

And double snip

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm genuinely interested what you've posted, and I'm sure it's full of interesting things well worth reading (Obviously I'm going to read it fully when I'm done responding)

But! After it's all said and done, we're talking about Youtube Do you think they care about the difference between gay and faggot? Or in fact do you think they're even aware?

I've already posted up three completely inoffensive meanings for faggot in this very thread, but does that matter to the people go about spouting this shit out as their go-to insult?

No, whether I was called Gay or a Faggot, the person(s) who said it were aiming to call me a homosexual.

I think I'm ok on this subject.

Fraught:

Archemetis:
He flat out just calls me a 'faggot', thinking that'll win him the argument

He obviously just called you a bunch of sticks/twigs. You should've responded to him with instead of this:

'You're so right, maybe we should get together and fuck some time?

With instead, this:

'You're so right, maybe we should get together and you can carry me to your home some time?

Archemetis:
I want to know if any of you have encountered this kind of behaviour, whether it's directed at you or you've just witnessed it.

Oh yes. Oh god yes.

Archemetis:
And of course I want to know what you did/said about it.

I usually just try ignore it when the whole reply to my argument consist of that one phrase, or reply to it in a similar way as you did.

Forgive me if this ends up being a double post

I actually covered this later on in the thread, somewhere around page 2 or 3.

Basically someone carried on the first guys work and proceeded in calling me a faggot.
I pretty much did what you've just said.

I replied with: 'I'm sorry, I don't know what a bundle of sticks has to do with this at all?'

He of course like a predictable little troll came back with:

'Na, I meant the gay kind, that's what you are.'

To which I responded: 'Well, do you want to join in with the hot get together me and the other guy are having then?'

Funnily enough, haven't had much from that guy in a little while either...

"you just wish I was gay, so we could go out on a date"

I just laugh. Contemporary insults are really lacking in both form and sting.

Someone calls me gay = one big hug [to them]

(I'm heterosexual, by the way)

i would point out his extreme imprudence and the numerous flaws in his logic.it is one of the most innacurate and non applicable insults in existence.

Responding to a comment on Youtube? Why would you bother?

But in general? I live in Brighton, England - home of the homo. I'm bound to be called gay once in a while by 'tourists'. I would say I was good looking, but unfortunately for me, it's more of the pretty model than the rugged type of guy so I do get it.

If it's a passing comment by a group of guys, I shrug it off. I have a kid and fiancee at home. It doesn't bother me anymore. The few times people have got in my face about it, the utter humour I get out of it is enough to satiate my giggles for the day.

But I have a deadly bitchslap. So far it has floored everyone I've used it on (usually when drunk with good friends). If anyone wants to see my 'gay' side, they can have my palm print on their face for a day. I do love slapping people. The noise is just about perfect.

deus-ex-machina:
Responding to a comment on Youtube? Why would you bother?

I was bored and had tons of time to kill...
I mean TONS of time...

Archemetis:

Fraught:

Archemetis:

He obviously just called you a bunch of sticks/twigs. You should've responded to him with instead of this:

With instead, this:

'You're so right, maybe we should get together and you can carry me to your home some time?

Archemetis:
I want to know if any of you have encountered this kind of behaviour, whether it's directed at you or you've just witnessed it.

Oh yes. Oh god yes.

Archemetis:

I usually just try ignore it when the whole reply to my argument consist of that one phrase, or reply to it in a similar way as you did.

Basically someone carried on the first guys work and proceeded in calling me a faggot.

I replied with: 'I'm sorry, I don't know what a bundle of sticks has to do with this at all?'

To which I responded: 'Well, do you want to join in with the hot get together me and the other guy are having then?'

Oh. Sorry I didn't read through the other pages. I read through your post (checked out a shitlot of your artwork on dA, which I love, by the way) and then came back later, and posted a reply.

But yeah, even if you reply to them sarcastically and try to get back at them, there's no worth in arguing with them. They'll just tell you "the gay kind", "eww, no, gay" and similar things (in response to what you said). The only thing to do is hope they'll just not reply (like what happened with you). You got lucky they didn't, y'know.

I ignore it.

A side note: My Firefox browser refuses to let me reply to comments. It moved the entire interface into a cluttered mess, and I can't even click cancel because the word vanishes into oblivion when I go to click it.

"Me thinks the lady doth protest too much"

If someone calls me "gay" or "fag" I'll typically respond with "So?"

Fraught:

Archemetis:

Fraught:

Archemetis:

With instead, this:

Archemetis:

Oh yes. Oh god yes.

Archemetis:

Oh. Sorry I didn't read through the other pages. I read through your post (checked out a shitlot of your artwork on dA, which I love, by the way) and then came back later, and posted a reply.

But yeah, even if you reply to them sarcastically and try to get back at them, there's no worth in arguing with them. They'll just tell you "the gay kind", "eww, no, gay" and similar things (in response to what you said). The only thing to do is hope they'll just not reply (like what happened with you). You got lucky they didn't, y'know.

It's fine, I don't expect everyone to read every page just in case the OP has elaborated or anything, so it's not a big deal.

Cheers for checking out the art too, glad you like it.

I typically just leave any known troll breeding grounds alone, but since I was singled out amongst the myriad of other 'SEGA have only just started going in the right direction again' posts on that particular video I felt a need to snap back.

When the 'You're Gay!' insults came into it, I figured I could have some fun, I'm comfortable enough to screw with some possible homophobes.

Yes thank you I am very happy :)

What I say:
Why do you say that like a bad thing?

faggot means gay?!?! i thought it was just a meaningless insult! anyway, if someone swears at you in any kind of arguement or battle of wits, its their immediate defeat! (congratulations)

as for the question, if someone uses gay as an insult, i say that they are only insulting genuinly gay people my using the term in that context, and ask them not to do so anymore. if they continue i just laugh at how patheticly stupid and shallow they are and appreciate how fortunate i am to be so much better

Wow your parents must have been great siblings to produce a child as smart as yourself.
Either that or Dude, you weren't suppose to tell anyone about us.

I seem to respond to most insults in a similar manner i.e if somebody calls me gay I go "I'm not just that dear, I'm FABULOUS!".

Besides, I guarantee terms derived from the word fag are used more often everyday on the internet than punctuation (but like that's saying much).

my response always: NO YOUR GAY

works everytime

I proceed to do some sexing of some pretty ladies right in front of them.

"I actually have a girlfriend unlike some people..." & if I feel particularly pissed, "Your mom doesn't seem to think so!"

Usually I say "Just because I have sex with other men and like looking at penises doesn't make me gay. Dummy."

Honestly, in terms of being offended by insults, someone calling me gay is the least offensive. Gay people tend to be pretty cool guys. Half of my personality relies on penis jokes. Someone calling me gay opens up a whole new world of genitalia related comebacks.

Edit: Don't do with the whole "Bundle of sticks" and "Yeah Im happy".

Thats the minor leagues response.

Slowly work your way up to the major leaguers.

A simple, "Oh, you caught me" tends to throw them off. If its over the internet, don't tell them you'll sex them up. You don't wanna mess with the one cop on the internet recording things.

"Are you implying that we should get to know each other? You know... physically?"

A subtle hint of of homoerotic sex, while not saying it completely.

Nine times out of ten, I'll reply with a lisp and singsong voice. "Tho what, thweetie?"

my responses are usually "ahh im only half gay that doesnt count" or "d'aaawwww babes"

HELP HOMOPHOBE! HELP! SOMEONE'S OPPRESSING ME! Get the clergy! Quick quick, get the clergy!...That usually either freaks them out or just gets them to STFU

I am one hundred percent ok with being the gay stereotype. I mean Fashionable, good looking, well toned, and Emotionally open.

Usually I reply with a thank you.

I've never been called gay as an insult IRL, I call things gay like "fuck that homework is so gay" but I know that I shouldn't, however it's a reflex i'm currently weeding out of me. On teh interwebz I don't do anything if someone calls me gay as an insult. Why bother? :)

Out of all the fandoms in all the world, the Sonic Fanbase is the most unpleasable. No matter what anybody tries, they simply aren't happy: Although, in some cases, it's justified as most of the games coming from the series since Sonic Adventure 2 have been total shit.

ANYWAY, on topic, I'd simply throw it right back in their face "Really..THATS the best you can come up with? You don't know anything insulting someone properly do you? I mean, do you have ANY shred of originality, ANY lingering sense of creativity, for that was the remaining excrement of unoriginality that you just attempted to use. So in future, try to think before you insult someone, you might actually come out with something that affects another person! Oh, and seeing as we are in the business of making wild accusations about each other...'Your mother is a whore and your father is a Eunich' Good day!"

At least if I'm gay, all the women trust me enough to see them naked.

my response is always

you wish

not because im being vain or anything, but its more like an intelligent spin on his insult, (as opposed to ur mum is gay, or so is ur face).

"I'm not gay, but whether or not I was has no relevance in this discussion. By thinking it does, you have simply proved your own ignorance."

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked