So what songs are you afraid to admit to friends you secretly like?

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

I thought this would be a fun subject.

Theres a bazillion threads about music people like that they wont stop talking about so i thought it would be fun to see if people would share music they secretly like but would never admit to it to their friends because its too embaressing.

So to start it off here it goes. Heres 2 of mine.

I cant explain why i like this song but i do! catchy i guess. Video is hilariously bad too.

Free Willy! Reminds me of childhood i guess.

Theres others as well. But now its time for YOU all to share. Dont be shy! Cmon all thats hear em.

the rick roll song....you know the one...
please don't shun me! D:

Wow I thought Madonna was gonna kick that child for a second there.

I don't have any songs like that. I'm love all my music so what other people think doesn't matter to me, which is why I don't judge others for what they like.

Disaster Button doesn't have any friends to tell

As much as I hate to admit it, I'm hooked on that Swedish (i think) song, Caramelldansen. This song either addicts you or makes you want to rupture your eardrums with the nearest pointy object.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX6e7sO1ss0
Yea, I know that isnt the real video, but the real music video makes me feel like a pedophile for watching it <.< >.> O_o

On the other hand, I really like the band Flogging Molly, but all of my friends think I'm wierd because I like it. Poor saps.

First heard it on Chuck (if you don't watch it you should be ashamed) and love it. Far too much of a pussy song for me to like publicly though.

ajh93:
the rick roll song....you know the one...
please don't shun me! D:

bad romance

God fucking damnit. It just burrows. Into. My. Skull.

Too... many...

and

Even the song I'm listening to right now

And that's not counting pretty much every other song I have on iTunes...

Although I do have one friend who I do tell all these kinds of things.

Bonnie Tyler. Holding out for a Hero

*Looks down in shame*

Im to young to like crap like that ITS NOT RIGHT!

I love this song, but I can't imagine playing it in the car for my friends or parents.

....don't judge me.

anything with Coldplay

ohh, and that end theme from Naruto

There isn't a such thing. Why would I be ashamed of the music I like? That's just childish.

I'll just keep being my own not embarrassed self and post a song I do like and am not embarrassed for liking it.

Carmelldansen(in English) and California Girls by Katy Perry. What? You think that makes me gay? *cue Guido voice* Let's go punk, I'll kick your fuckin' ass!

Blindswordmaster:
Carmelldansen(in English) and California Girls by Katy Perry. What? You think that makes me gay? *cue Guido voice* Let's go punk, I'll kick your fuckin' ass!

How dare you listen to the english version!

I'm going to go with this

nuqneh1:
-snip-

I love this song, but I can't imagine playing it in the car for my friends or parents.

I've never heard a song by the guy that I haven't liked. Except that one. I love that guy and all of his alternate personalities. I'm actually listening to his brand new album right now, but I just can't force myself to like that song.

But I guess one of mine would be this song, also by FIAB.

It's just so silly that no one would take me seriously. I also love My Chemical Romance, but I don't want to tell people because they'd think I'm an emo kid or something who's way too late to the party.

Sigh.

I knew the cool kids would come out and say things like.....

I dont get embarresed. I am above such things. I am my own awesome person who fears nothing and takes no guff from noone. Anyone who gets embarresed is childish. Or like Tom who is the exact reason people dont share these things because he calls everyone full blown gay.

The ego's on some people i swear.

Just FYI I dont believe any of it. Get over yourselves.

Thank you to those who were honest and took the time to answer honestly and share something relevant to the topic other than stroking your own ego.

I would have said Anything by Barry Manilow (I get shite all the time for it), but I'm not embarrassed by it.

I guess the song "Still" by The Geto Boys does it for me. I heard it in Office Space, loved it as what I considered the best song in the entire soundtrack, but It's difficult to admit it, considering the town I live in doesn't view rap as real music, and it's typically met with little praise ("Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta", not so much, but "Still", no one really likes it)

What's even funnier is how I can sing the whole song (I'm a little ashamed to say that I can sing the whole thing, word for word, with the exception of the racially charged words that rhyme with "Trigger")

Angry Caterpillar:

Dude, Nightwish is fucking awesome. Why are you afraid to admit you like it?

This should tell you something about the friends I have that this song is an embarrassing guilty pleasure:

skywalkerlion:

Angry Caterpillar:

Dude, Nightwish is fucking awesome. Why are you afraid to admit you like it?

It's one of those things where I know instinctively that if it came on in the car, I'd get a lot of funny looks from the passengers. Most of the time I don't mind, but in this case it might turn into a recurring theme; and I don't like to deal with those that often.

Considering that basically all of my friends are on this site... I am not exactly willing to say what I would be embarrassed about liking. ;P

To contribute though, I'll say that I have a secret like for game music. :o

Anything by School House Rock... catchy and informative.

I can't imagine I would ever be embarrassed telling my friends that I listen to this stuff regularly. But I am sure I would have a hard time explaining to them why I actually like them.

Captain Blood Theme:
To my knowledge one of the first digital covers of a modern song in a video game. The original was by Jean-Michel Jarre from the album Zoolook. The track is called 'Ethnicolor 1' only the second part of the song was used in the game.

Lord Buckley's cover of Louis Armstrong's 'Eastern Bonnet'

Hot Chip - I feel better (I like the song and the video, but I think the video is hard to explain to friends)

The Nighthood Theme, I freaking love the sound of it.

And here is something they used to air on YTV when I was a young one. The visuals and song still haunt me to this day, get me thinking about almost 15 years ago.

I definately second the Caramelldansen guilty pleasure. My other "secret" songs are Under the Sky (Ryu Mix), Disturbia, Poker Face, Bad Romance, Dragostea Din Tei (Numa Numa), Holding out for a Hero (From Shrek 2), and Everytime we Touch by Cascada.

I'm not saying they're my favorite songs, but each time I listen to them, I usually make sure to check around me for people who would be utterly confused or scarred by those songs. heh.

Anyways, I've never heard of Furries in a Blender before now, might have to check out their songs.

Most of it, I've yet to find a commonly played song that I don't like.
Most people think that popular=bad though, and I never like talking about music anyway, so thankfully it rarely comes up.

The Great Googly:
Sigh.

I knew the cool kids would come out and say things like.....

I dont get embarresed. I am above such things. I am my own awesome person who fears nothing and takes no guff from noone. Anyone who gets embarresed is childish. Or like Tom who is the exact reason people dont share these things because he calls everyone full blown gay.

The ego's on some people i swear.

Just FYI I dont believe any of it. Get over yourselves.

Thank you to those who were honest and took the time to answer honestly and share something relevant to the topic other than stroking your own ego.

For your information a good deal of assumptions are often incorrect.

All my friends know what music I listen to because I play it so damn loud they can hear it when I press my ptt button down on vent / ts. They don't appreciate the majority of it but if they ask what I'm listening to I'll tell them.

Dango:
Too... many...

and

Even the song I'm listening to right now

Although I do have one friend who I do tell all these kinds of things.

Renai Circulation is awesome as is Bakemonogatari.

Anyway more or less the entirety of my mp3 player playlist but I have one or two people who listen to it too

I feel like a loser listening to it.

Dango:
...and

Pretty much this, yeah.

No one besides my closest friend knows I watch the old Saban seasons of Power Rangers when I'm feeling down and want to be reminded of better times. No one.

TAYLOR SWIFT!!! <3 :D

No really, I do like her songs, not all of them, but some are really good and she has a beautiful strong voice.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked