Rock/Metal bands with a female lead singer?

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

So yea, I have found that I'm really enjoying bands with female leads recently. The only problem is that I only know of a few. Halestorm, Lacuuna Coil, and the odd Flyleaf song.

So, simply put, the question is: do you guys know a whole lot more that I'm missing out on? Or are there just not that many good loud female singers?

I have a few! <3
Epica, After Forever, Nightwish & Within Temptation
Kittie is an all-female band, but most of their stuff is a bit growly/screamy... depends on if you like that or not.

Edit:
Nightwish is one of my all-time faves though. You should check out "Wish I Had an Angel", "Dead to the World", "Dark Chest of Wonders", "The Kinslayer". Their newer CD has a different singer. There is less opera-ish singing, but I'm still undecided if I like it better or not. ("Amaranth" is one from that CD)

Arch Enemy. They used to have a male singer but now they have the fabulous Angela Gossow. If you like melodic death metal (or are at least intrigued by it) I'd recommend checking them out.

EDIT: Also, I just remembered Within Temptation. They're one of my favourite bands and Sharon Den Adel is a fantastic singer.

LOL that's SO creepy, I just discovered a female-fronted band not 15 minutes ago.

Youtube Unsun- Whispers, I think it's a GREAT song...
She has a bit of a Polish accent, but that adds to the charm, I find. Check them out, had the song on repeat all this time wheeee>:].

Also, yeah, Within Temptation did some great songs, and definitely check out Nightwish!

They are still pretty small (they don't even have a CD yet in North America), but Cryoshell also has a female lead.

Nightwish is my personal favourite band and both Tarja and the new sing Annette are both amazing. Within Temptation also brilliant.
Any songs from Nightwish's album Once is a good place to start and The Silent Force is a good place to go for Within Temptation.

Both bands are great examples of symphonic metal (or whatever subgenre has been made up for it now-a-days)

Sara Fontaine:
Arch Enemy. They used to have a male singer but now they have the fabulous Angela Gossow. If you like melodic death metal (or are at least intrigued by it) I'd recommend checking them out.

EDIT: Also, I just remembered Within Temptation. They're one of my favourite bands and Sharon Den Adel is a fantastic singer.

DAMN IT NINJA'D ON ARCH ENEMY! <This is the right answer. Shes also really cool met her shes also really tall.... almost as tall as me and im 6'4 @.@.

Off the top of my head. Sinergy's guitarist is from Children of Bodom.

Macheteswordgun:

Sara Fontaine:

DAMN IT NINJA'D ON ARCH ENEMY! <This is the right answer. Shes also really cool met her shes also really tall.... almost as tall as me and im 6'4 @.@.

I didn't write Arch Enemy because for the longest time I thought Sharon was a guy, with a girly name. Like Alice Cooper.

New Years Day is pretty good. They get a lot of unfair comparisons to Paramore though.

Company of Thieves are more of an indie rock band, but they're pretty good.

OTEP!

I dare say Otep is as loud, guteral and aggressive as anything else out right now.

Evanescence, Nightwish and Paramore if I'm in the mood.

Paramore? Evanescence?

I dunno, I'm out

I was looking through last.fm, I think it was, and there was nothing but female fronted rock bands. They all sounded quite similar too.
Paramore (who my boyfriend is seeing right now), Holyhell, Palomo rossi(? Is that what they're called? I don't even listen to them, but I know their screamer is a girl), Arch enemy, and many people have recommend Nightwish which I would do too.

If your looking for something a little softer, perhaps In this moment

I'll add to the Arch Enemy reccomendations. Seriously, she's amazing.

The genitorturers also have a female lead singer.

Arch enemy if you like melodeath/thrash like me
lacuna coil (our truth is good song)
in this moment (have 1 or 2 alright songs
within temptation
epica (pretty darn good)
nightwish(love planet hell,nemo)
Cereberal bore (not very lady like singing)
the agonist(don't know much about them)

Leave's Eyes is pretty sweet,and the singer's voice is,as always in groups like these,breath-taking.

Veldt Falsetto:
Paramore? Evanescence?

MMM Hayley Williams is a sexy, sexy woman.

The awesome weirdness that is Rolo Tomassi.

On the subject of Paramore:
Just because she's hot it doesn't make them any better than a medicore pop punk band of incredible amounts of bland.

But there's Arch Enemy, In This Moment (a bit meh actually) and Lacuna Coil.

I've only heard western bands with a female lead that sound like Paramore and/or scream a lot.
Apart from that I've heard Aldious, which you'd be forgiven for thinking it's a trap considering they're from the far far east. Not that I listen to them or anything, just heard them before.

EDIT: OH! And Sweethead, the only female-fronted band I regularly listen to.

these following groups/singers are going to be all over the musical landscape. explore and enjoy!

Garbage
CSS (Cansei Der Ser Sexy)
The HorrorPops
Rasputina
Sirenia
Delerium
Charlotte Savary
Caravan palace

Definitely digging Cryoshell and Within Temptation. Nightwish is a bit too melodic for me. Thanks guys.

War Paint are an all female band and quite new on the scene, you could check them out. If it's pure rock you're into then I don't know much more apart from the YeahYeahYeahs. But if you're willing to step into more electronic/synth realms there's alot more out there.

Crystal Castles

You Love Her Coz She's Dead

Ladytron

HEARTSREVOLUTION

Robyn

CSS (Cansei De Ser Sexy)

Ladyhawke

It's all good. :)

Iwrestledabearonce

Great band, great name, amazing live show. Check them out:

Hmm... I only know metal. And metal-ish music.

Figure Four had a female guitarist. They were pretty alright.

Still Breathing had a female lead singer. No complaints with them.

Arch Enemy has a female lead singer. Overrated as all hell, but their ok I guess.

Nightwish has had at least 2 female leads I believe. The fans are rabid dickheads, but some of their music is alright.

I love Nightwish, so that's definitely on the list. I'll also throw my hat in for Tristania and, most recently, Sigh.

Crucified Barbara - all-female metal band from Sweden, a little more straight-forward sound like Motörhead. They've got great chops, and it doesn't hurt that they're easy on the eyes.

I'd link a video or two, but I've got a bad history with embedded links. Instead, they're just a Youtube search away.

Also, hello Escapist.

Metric. (Metric kicks ass)

Yeah Yeah Yeahs. (Karen O, yes please.)

Long time lurker, first time poster... whatever. Hi.

Anyways.

Blackblack and Transister seem pretty obscure (or, more likely, rarely mentioned), but are both excellent bands with female leads, though if you're looking for impressive vocals, the former won't supply; they're more endearing than anything else.

I'm wondering why no one's mentioned Hole. Personally one of my favorite bands of all time, but it was an integral part of my childhood so I may be biased. I grew up loving Ms. Love. She can't sing, though. Like, at all... but she can scream. If you're into that kind of thing, check out "Live Through This."

Peccatum has a female lead and is a good band.

Also My Bloody Valentine.

Sirenia
Elis
Angtoria
Theatre of Tragedy
Astarte'
Kidney Thieves

just to name some that haven't been said

Sara Fontaine:

I have seen Arch Enemy in my city every single time they have come here in the last 3 years.
And they are amazing every time they come here :D

Angela Gossow screams, growls, and sings better than most male vocalists out there, and she can energize a crowd like very few bands can.

Other bands: In This Moment, Nemesis, Otep, and a few others that I can't remember the name of.
Nightwish is good, seen em live, but I like their old singer (Tarja Turunen) more than their new one (Anette Olzon), but she's still good. Different style of singing, but still good.
I don't like Otep that much, but you might.
Nemesis is ironically alot like Arch Enemy (Nemesis has a song called Arch Enemy, and Arch Enemy has a song called Nemesis, play them after each other for hilarity to ensue) but a bit darker and more emphasis on drums than vocals.
In This Moment has Maria Brink, who is both really fucking hot, and a very great singer. She has also talked to Angela Gossow about singing and being in a badass metal band!

I'd love to see what other bands people come up with :D

The Cranberries
Garbage
The distillers

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked