93.8% (517)
93.8% (517)
No
5.3% (29)
5.3% (29)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Adults and cartoons

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

I do, but mostly cartoons that I grew up with. I dont like ones like Adventure Time.

Blitzwing:

MelasZepheos:
Not so much modern children's programming, which haas confused 'family friendly' with 'escessively kiddie'.

But, I watch old eps of Kim Possible, Teen Titans, Batman TAS, Avatar the Last Airbender.

And I watch quite a few Disney movies. But again, mostly the ones from when I was a kid.

I don't know about that. Check out Adventure Time or Scooby-Doo Mystery Inc if you want cartoons that love to dance around the censors or watch this musical number from Batman Brave and the Bold.

Holy crap, they let that air? Or honestly didn't catch it? Or just didn't care? Most parents probably didn't pay attention, anyway, but you'd think the censors would catch that.

Coyote and Roadrunner FTW!

Many people tell me I'm immature for it, but it really is my favorite cartoon.

Just because I would rather watch a well thought out cartoon or anime instead of another F****ing reality show like Jersey shore doesn't make me a fag in my opinion.

Hell, it seems like cartoons are more well thought out then some of these stupid shows MTV put's on these days like the Hills or Jersey Shore where it's just half an hour of annoying bratty dirt bags who think they're perfect.

Sorry for the rage, I just get tired of getting strange looks when I say I like watching Anime and Cartoons still... These looks are given by the same people who spend their time talking about the latest episode of Jersey shore or The Beverly Hills Housewives or whatever...

Would I have this avatar if I didn't like cartoons? Okay, so maybe Disney movies don't count as cartoons in some people's eyes, but I still watch stuff like Kim Possible, Batman: The Animated Series, The Powerpuff Girls, and innumerable other things I used to watch when I was growing up (*coughPowerRangerscough*). Seriously, I'd be here all day if I listed all the things I'll still happily watch from my childhood.

I've got to say, I can't help but laugh at people who are all smug about looking down on others for liking something. That sort of condescending attitude is just hilarious to me. It's hard to take that kind of smarmy cynicism seriously when you know they like stuff that's considered just as geeky or weird by the outside world. =P

I love cartoons. I've been watching them for years, and I plan on watching for a long time.

Heck yeah I watch cartoons. Always will :) And I'm 36. :)

All time favorite for me really has to go to a short running show that got screwed by the network.

All who remember SWAT Kats as the most awesome thing ever, stand fast! You're never alone!

yes I watch both cartoons and anime. Although I have learned to stay away from the cartoons I grew up on. You know the Gi joes/thundercats/transformers from back in the day. Cuz man they are terrible now. Or they were terrible then and I didn't know better.

squid5580:
yes I watch both cartoons and anime. Although I have learned to stay away from the cartoons I grew up on. You know the Gi joes/thundercats/transformers from back in the day. Cuz man they are terrible now. Or they were terrible then and I didn't know better.

Oh god... lol. I remember going back and watching Further Adventures of GI Joe (Pyramid of Darkness, started the weekly show), a year or so ago. I had to stop the video and laugh for 5 minutes at one point, after seeing someone fly an F-14 down low enough to scrape the wing across the body of a tank. Then be pulled up and flown away undamaged after cutting the tank in half(!). :p

Again, I had to stop and laugh for 5 minutes before I could even think about starting it u9p again.

Depends strongly on which one it is. Every new cartoon today almost makes me cry, as it's just.. not the same as when I grew up. Back then, it was so much better. >.<

I will willingly watch a good cartoon. As examples, I recently watched the following cartoons and enjoyed them:

Up
Wall-E
Futurama Season 5

It depends on what cartoon it is

CarrieWhitaker:

All time favorite for me really has to go to a short running show that got screwed by the network.

All who remember SWAT Kats as the most awesome thing ever, stand fast! You're never alone!

go season 2 intro

The people that canceled this show should be banned from the entertainment industry forever.

squid5580:

I agree some series do not stand the test of time. The original transformers is so filled with plot holes, appearing and disappearing transformers, template errors etc. G.I. Joe animation was always over the top(makes it funny that that is the most heard complaint about the live action movie).
Some series do look as good as they did the first time i watched them(like jayce and the wheeled warriors, and my personal favorite The adventures of the galaxy rangers <3)

If you bought the dvd boxsets of that series (and i proudly own those) it contains a cute music video of the complete song from the intro.

D Moness:

CarrieWhitaker:

go season 2 intro

The people that canceled this show should be banned from the entertainment industry forever.

Yes, they should. :) Glad someone else remembers it so well :)

And... crap. embedding disabled.

I'm 27 year old and I still like cartoon alot, I always catch the last South Park, Family Guy, American Dad, The Simpsons. I even liked the 12-ish episode of Season 2 of Futurama (those made in 2010)

I rarely can stand live action shows, so yea I watch Cartoons.

I answer this on behalf of my boyfriend:

YES!!!

I still watch cartoons, but only when I'm alone, I feel awkward watching them with others around me.

I generally enjoy the dark comedy that's in a lot of cartoons, or if they have an unusual art style or concept, one fairly recent cartoon that I found myself enjoying greatly was Flapjack.

CarrieWhitaker:

Yes on all the versions i found on youtube :(
I normally check before posting but non of the s2 intro's worked (didn't check intro 1 since i love the guitar riff on season 2(great use of music on the whole series)).

The reason for canceling ... it was too violent :( , there is a script for the last eps of season 2 but it was never made(reminds me of the final eps of the dungeons and dragons animation that was also never made)

I am 28 and I watch Phineas and Ferb among other cartoons.
As I always say You can not grow up before you find the child in you

Mainly [Adult Swim], family guy and south park BUT I still enjoy the old looney tunes/merry melodies stuff. Who doesn't?

If it was written and drawn by passionate adults, then it's fine for adults to watch. Half of what I watch are cartoons, both old and new, I'm just a big fan of animation. Not just the adult animation ether. In my opinion unless it was written by or written for the lowest common denominator then an adult can enjoy it.

There's only two types of people who dislike all cartoons. Those who simply prefer Live-Action and those who think it's mature of them to dislike it.

Since there is much love for Phineas and Ferb in this topic i wanted to look up the different intro's. Since most countries dub it(normally i dislike dubbing but it isn't that bad in this series(also really fun to see all the songs dubbed)).
Found a nice link someone took 10 different language intro's

For the people that wanna know the language are :
1.USA (English)
2.France
3.Russia
4.Holland
5.Germany
6.Spain
7.Bulgaria
8.Ukraine
9.Sweden
10.Italia

D Moness:

CarrieWhitaker:

Yes on all the versions i found on youtube :(
I normally check before posting but non of the s2 intro's worked (didn't check intro 1 since i love the guitar riff on season 2(great use of music on the whole series)).

The reason for canceling ... it was too violent :( , there is a script for the last eps of season 2 but it was never made(reminds me of the final eps of the dungeons and dragons animation that was also never made)

"Too Violent". Geez.

For the network that would later air Teen Titans and straight up do the Terror of Trigon arc in season 4, Swat Kats is 'too violent'? Wtf.

Yes, the stuff the SKs do totally beats time freezing, buildings being pulled into each other to squash someone, the legions of hell coming up, and everyone turning to stone.

Yep, two Kats shooting missiles at things is just so horrible, in comparison... ;p

Don't get me wrong either, I did like TT. But it's still part of why I consider 'too violent' arguments to be bs. If they'd given proper toy support, they almost certainly wouldn't have pulled it, because collectors would probably have jumped on them.

Jamboxdotcom:
considering that Futurama is a cartoon, and arguably one of the greatest tv shows of all time... i'd say heck yeah i watch cartoons!

took the words out of my keyboard. south park too.

I'm 29 and I still watch cartoons. What few cartoons I consider worth watching that is.

oh you meant new cartoons
in that case, not so much

I'm an animation major. I prefer many cartoons to other shows on TV.

I watch anime, but I don't really watch many cartoons.

Oh I take that back, if I'm flicking channels and I see that it's on, I'll watch Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, because it's just so epic.

Many of the really good cartoons that last in public memory are written for all ages instead of just children. That's the Disney philosophy at least, and it seems to work really well for them.

I still love cartoons just as much now as I did when I was a child. I grew up watching The Simpsons, Ducktails, Futurama, Dexter's Laboratory, Arthur, Sonic (weekdays), and Recess. I still love them all because they were clever, have a few jokes I missed the first few times and am getting now, and have endearing characters that have chemistry with each other.

A while ago, I finally got around to watching a few series that I should have watched months, if not years ago, including Wakfu, Clone High, and Morel Orel. Late 2010 was very kind with Adventure Time and Regular, but also shocking in that after 25 years, we now have a good My Little Pony show.

I swear on my life, I am not trolling. There's a new My Little Pony series, and it's actually good. I'm not going to make a long winded post. Just watch the first four or five episodes on youtube (which are allowed up because Hasbro and The Hub are totally cool with that) and notice how there's actual animation, conflict, personality in the characters, and how it's the complete opposite of every other half-assed piece of shit program aimed at girls and accept that Craig McCracken's wife (Lauren Faust) is a powerful Sorceress who can turn shit into diamonds.

Wolfenbarg:
Many of the really good cartoons that last in public memory are written for all ages instead of just children. That's the Disney philosophy at least, and it seems to work really well for them.

Certainly worked for Darkwing Duck. :)

*goes to look to see where the new comic of it is available*

OMG! I watch Phineas and Ferb, Power Puff Girls, Samurai Jack, Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Johnny Bravo... I think that is all but probably not... It isn't a daily thing but hey they are more entertaining than most shows they bother to put on.

Oh nope, forgot one, I am watching Danger Mouse all the way through because I have only managed to see a few episodes when they ran them in the states. Hence the DM avatar at this point.

Of course! what else is there to watch except reruns of old shows....everything else tv these days it utter crap

I'm an adult, and i love watching cartoons. In fact my neice hates the fact i know more about her favourite cartoon than she does.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked