What weapon is this?

I was flipping channels last night, and I saw this film where a guy had this sweet weapon. It had brass knuckles as a handle (ie. rings around the fingers), but it had a foot-long blade at the end. Like if you cut the top of a broadsword off and attached it to the front of brass knuckles. Anyone know what it is?
EDIT: Before you say it, no, it's not a trench knife.
EDIT EDIT: I guess it was specially made, as it was a katar blade with knuckle-holes handle.
Thanks folks.

It's fucking badass. That's what it is.

sounds like a trench knife.

I do believe it's called a "trench knife" and was designed for both stabbing and use in extremely close ranges where you couldn't even manoeuvre a blade.

You mean a Trench Knife?
example picture:

Yeah, they are pretty nice, in a deadly weapon sort of way.

Which way did the blade go? As in if you held it in your right hand and went to fist pound someone, would the blade be too the left or right? If its too the right i think its a japanese invention

EDIT: actually iv just thought about that for more than two seconds and im being an idiot. Forget what i said im pretty sure its a trench knife

It wasn't X-men, was it?

I'd go with what's either called a trench knife or a trench spike.

Sounds like a WWII trench knife, or at least similar to it.

Trench knives. Great zombie weapons. They were excellent for punching through the top of an enemy soldier's steel helmet and into his squishly brain-meats.

has Trench Knife been said already? :D

Not a trench knife. The blade came out forward, so punching=stabbing.

theguiltyone:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katara_%28sword%29

Was that it?

That's the one. Messed up a dude's face pretty bad.

WTF your description sounded nothing like a Katar, But yes those will mess someone up really fast.

Was it a Katara?

EDIT: Ninjas, damn.

Yeah, that description is bloody awful.

Zachary Amaranth:

Voldo's weapon from Soul Calibur would have been a better description, yes?

GrimTuesday:
WTF your description sounded nothing like a Katar, But yes those will mess someone up really fast.

Zachary Amaranth:

No, my description was accurate. It was a katar blade on the end of brass knuckles. I know, because the guy took it off, and you could see the finger rings.

Tips_of_Fingers:

Zachary Amaranth:

Dunno, I'd have to google that just to see if it makes sense.

Coonamatatah:

GrimTuesday:

Zachary Amaranth:

No, my description was accurate. It was a katar blade on the end of brass knuckles. I know, because the guy took it off, and you could see the finger rings.

Sure. If it makes you feel better.

There's a reason trench knife was suggested so frequently, but yeah. Everyone else is wrong.

Zachary Amaranth:

Tips_of_Fingers:

Zachary Amaranth:

Coonamatatah:

GrimTuesday:

Zachary Amaranth:

Sure. If it makes you feel better.

There's a reason trench knife was suggested so frequently, but yeah. Everyone else is wrong.

It does make me feel better. I guess I should have clarified that the blade came out the front, not the side.

Its a Katar sword. You see it in video games a lot.

Coonamatatah:

Well, considering I googled it to make sure...Yes, it makes sense. But don't take my word for it. Google it yourself. >.>

Sounds like a crazy trench knife - katar hybrid.

Douk:

That...doesn't look like a useful weapon.

Dana22:

Douk:

Katars in general are not very useful weapons. A lot of stress on the wrist, and unlike a knife, only one way to point the damn thing.

If you see it if video games alot, it's probably not a useful weapon.

As an aside, there are various different types of push/punch daggers, though, I'm not sure if any of them look very similar to a katar while technically being something else.

Dana22:

Douk:

I think its more the fear.. than function

Dana22:

Its good when you can jump 30 feet in the air and run at 60mph.

Sounds just like a cutlass doesnt it?A little custom with the handle but in theory, just a cutlass.
or at least the kind we in germany call "Entermesser" (boarding-knive)

Douk:

Dana22:

Its good when you can jump 30 feet in the air and run at 60mph.

That particular interpretation of the Katar isn't terribly good. The strength of such a weapon lines in the fact that one can focus a great deal of force on a narrow point while retaining far more freedom of movement over a knife or larger blade. Such weapons were ideal for incredibly close quarters combat, especially when one's opponent was wearing armor of any sort. Like most weapons, when outside of it's most useful role, it's utility was quickly diminished.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked