A Question for Men...

Pages PREV 1 . . . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . . . 15 NEXT

LightspeedJack:
I wouldn't really consider myself a "manly" man but...Mean girls is one of my favourite comedys ever.

Also I'm not one of these people who just wants to "Fuck loads of chicks" I actually want a serious relationship...some of my friends have told me that makes me gay.

Same for me. As a teenage boy that's "abnormal" and "gay" among my friends.

its not something like listening to Spice Girls. you're not a man till you respect the Spice Girls.
for me i'd say its probably the fact that I get really pissed off at the computer so often.

I write fanfics.

I've memorized songs from multiple musicals that I will sing at the slightest provocation for no reason other than to be giddy and happy.

I REALLY enjoy Fruits Basket.

ThatLankyBastard:
I'll start... I love romance movies, (especially sad ones), and watch Lucky Star...

Lucky Star is my favorite anime :3
OT: I have a boyfriend, I guess that makes me unmanly or something :/

EDIT: LOL just saw my avatar and remembered that I also watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

GenericAmerican:
I don't like (american)fooball...and as an American male, that is almost unheard of.

Ditto, except hockey in Canada. Or football. Really I'm not huge on sports in general.

eggy32:

Also I think the fact that Howl's Moving Castle is my favorite movie ever is unmanly, what with it focusing around a 90 year old woman who returns to her youth by finding her true love.

Fuckin' love that movie.

What the hell are you talking about? nothing makes you more manly than watching Hayao Miyasaki films. i personally liked princess Mononoke a little more, but howl's moving castle is a brilliant film. hell, all of his movies are great.

now lets see, i generally dislike sport, listen to j-pop, haven't watched lucky star but want to as of around a month ago, i watch a variety of anime that could be considered somewhat girly, and other bits and pieces. oh, and purple is my favourite colour.

I like chick flicks, I cry in some movies, I can't take much physical pain and stuff.

I love this song so much. Yeah I'm manly enough to admit that!

I don't like any sport and I read a lot.

Jark212:
I greatly enjoy taking bubble baths with scented candles (and death metal), while reading a good book...

I also love The Princess Bride but that's one of those movies that have no noticeable demographic...

Everyone loves The Princess Bride.

I sometimes pretend to be a woman on the internet

No wait, nevermind.

Probably watching The Notebook by my own volition, /sarcasm
Serious tho, uhm, crossing my legs? Not really sure

StBishop:

It probably won't make them like it any more.

It will be hilarious though.

Agreed, but you can get a pretty good pull out of some turbo cars, but not from the stand still. :( I managed to find a driving school that used a 2000 Impreza WRX for learner lessons

Turbo lag turns me off of any high power inline four. I like an engine to have power at all times, not just in a narrow range where a finickey little jet engine wannabe is working.

Holden Monaro*.... The Monaro started in Australia and the engines are still designed and built in Australia (Dunno about all of them, but we build them for most of the far east.

It's a Pontiac here. GM has about five kajillion names on that unibody. I know of it from Top Gear UK, and there they call it a Vauxhall.

Oh, and the engines are American. The LS1, LS7 and LS9 engines are all designed and built here in the 'States. Really all we do is recam a pickup truck engine, cast it from aluminum instead of steel and put a fancy intake manifold on it.

Great engines. I just wish they had a distributor instead of COP...

Hahaha! Sorry, that was a typo, actually a typo and a freudian slip. That was the V6, and was supposed to be a 2.6L not a 3.6L. The V8 was 5.0L Sorry. But yeah I was looking at both. Anyway, I picked the smaller car over the saloons that were available.

Ahh, lol.

Nice. I've had a 'thing' for 180SX's ever since I got picked up in one while hitch hiking. Was good.

Mine had a sick gerbil, the clutch and shifter cables were starting to stretch and a few electrical issues with the HVAC and windows. Still, it was a fun little car.

It might be worth looking in to Bathurst man, specifically, Mount Panorama.
Google the Aussie V8's. They're fun.

Speed actually airs proper racing from 'round the world, believe it or not. I get BTCC, DTC, F1 and Aussie V8 Supercars pretty regularly. F1 is even broadcast live.

Of the lot I find DTC pretty boring too, but that's because more of the broadcast is trackside blabbering than actual racing. Start the cars already, I'll figure out the ins-and-outs of the circuit by watching. The other three I have my TIVO set to record every airing. I guess when three other channels are airing NASCAR stuff Speed can free up timeslots for real racing...now where's my WRC coverage?! I want to see crummy hatchbacks flying through a wooded dirt road at speeds considered insane on race tracks, dammit!

I'm quite a manly dude but I really really love Disney films and I'm really soppy when it comes to romance. I will always go the distance, doing stupidly over the top displays of affection

Heh... I'm listening to "Fireflies" by Owl City as I type this. What great timing, MP3 player, thank you!

I watched Chobits and a portion of CCS(both by studio Clamp)

Twilight and Justin Bieber.

Cliched, but true nonetheless.

Damn near all of my friends listen to metal and heavy stuff. I do to, but that's about 1/10 of my music. The rest is most likely from a video game or Rush.

I've never been into sports, except for my recent discovery of the bloodsport known as hockey. I can't stand beer, I've never been drunk, I'm about as strong as an average 10 year old girl, never been in a fight... I could go on.

I think the only really manly qualities I have are my beard (think John Goodman in The Big Lebowski) and my leather jacket... Thats really depressing now that I dwell on it... Thanks...

Has anyone mentioned playing videogames? Weird, but I can't think of anything else right now.

I like to watch nature, romance movies sometimes, I worry about how my lips looks and sometimes even "girly" animes like NANA.

...shut up...not...a...word.

I don't give the slightest shit about sports. Of any kind. At all. Ever. Except wrestling, like WWE, but I'm not sure that counts, as, you know, it's not real and all.

viper3:

My little pony is seriously the MANLIEST s*it ever, I love that show!

No really, I'm hooked, help me!

TU4AR:

hittite:
I like Caramelldansen. A lot.

I also have a tendency to squee during movies. This can be rather embarrassing.

Ninja'd, this was my answer from the minute I read the OP. That said, right now I'm listening to MOTHERFUCKNIG RAGGACORE BITCH

This hurts to watch but I cant stop watching it!

Also my whole life is considered unmanly, in fact most of my friends consider me to be an honorary girl.
Even the principal of the school said my name wrong so it sounds as if I have a girls name.

I like to decorate a house and keep things clean. I just like to have a place I'm proud to invite others over to. I also cook. Most of this just comes from living on my own for most of the last five years.

i just read through this thread and can pretty much say, "all of the above"
there are a few exceptions, but meh

I ship characters in a webcomic.

Don't judge me. I don't do it anywhere else. Just one comic, okay? Guilty pleasure. Get away from me.

I was going to comment, but what I was going to say doesn't hold a candle to some of this stuff. Anyway, my reason for posting is to ask this: How can people like Lucky Star? I got through the first 48 minutes and it had yet to develop any plot whatsoever. Or maybe I'm missing the point... Someone explain this to me please.

I'm extremely feminine, but male, so I can answer.

Hello Kitty and Vocaloid are two of the greatest things ever. Along with Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but that's not exactly unmanly... Delicious, though. Very delicious.

witness51:
How can people like Lucky Star? I got through the first 48 minutes and it had yet to develop any plot whatsoever. Or maybe I'm missing the point... Someone explain this to me please.

Yeah, the anime is absolute crap if you're looking for a story. It's nothing but the original 4 panel comic strips coloured and animated. I can't stand it. The 4koma itself was very good, though.

I cook, I clean, I iron and sew. I teach very young children (and adults too, but mostly kids) and despite my best efforts with heavy lifting and wood chopping, have very soft hands. I watch things like Lark Rise to Candleford, and have seen every adaptation of Pride and Prejudice there is.

Not sure if all that counts as unmanly. Frankly I think it'll make me the best damn husband/father ever.

To counter balance, I have the most stubborn stubble you've ever seen... the kind that grows back a minute after shaving. I have Homer Simpson stubble. I'm also very typically male, in that I'm now trying to compete in an unmanliness competition.

My unmanliness is far bigger than any other dudes.

I own and enjoy the entire Ouran High School Host Club anime.

TestECull:

Turbo lag turns me off of any high power inline four. I like an engine to have power at all times, not just in a narrow range where a finickey little jet engine wannabe is working.

I assume you've not driven a twin turbo v6? Not as common as turbo 4s in my experience, but bloody good.

We get Skylines over here, we've gotten them since the oldschool Hakosuka gen 1. They're pretty powerful all the way through, but with the kick of a turbo in the torque band :D

It's a Pontiac here. GM has about five kajillion names on that unibody. I know of it from Top Gear UK, and there they call it a Vauxhall.

Oh, and the engines are American. The LS1, LS7 and LS9 engines are all designed and built here in the 'States. Really all we do is recam a pickup truck engine, cast it from aluminum instead of steel and put a fancy intake manifold on it.

Great engines. I just wish they had a distributor instead of COP...

I know they re-badge them.
The Monaro is named after it's place of origin in New South Wales (Aussie state). The special edition Vauxhall which is ripped from our R8 HSVs (Essentially 4 door Monaro's, dunno if they sold them in the states but they did in the UK, Aus, and NZ) was even named "Bathurst".
I was pretty sure they manufacture them in Aus, but I can't be certain. Also, I remember having an argument about the guy who designed (or at least lead design/engineer) the engine for one of the current gen export Holdens being an Aussie. But I can't be certain that it was the Monaro.

Speed actually airs proper racing from 'round the world, believe it or not. I get BTCC, DTC, F1 and Aussie V8 Supercars pretty regularly. F1 is even broadcast live.

Of the lot I find DTC pretty boring too, but that's because more of the broadcast is trackside blabbering than actual racing. Start the cars already, I'll figure out the ins-and-outs of the circuit by watching. The other three I have my TIVO set to record every airing. I guess when three other channels are airing NASCAR stuff Speed can free up timeslots for real racing...now where's my WRC coverage?! I want to see crummy hatchbacks flying through a wooded dirt road at speeds considered insane on race tracks, dammit!

We get a bit or WRC here, it's pretty good to watch. We get Dakar too :).
Don't worry, you lament not getting enough motorsport coverage, I have only seen like 2 cetlics games this year :(.

I'm overly sensitive so I tend to get emotionally stressed out if someone gets hurt or if I feel very guilty about something. In other words, if someone else is suffering then I get emotional to a point I can tear a lot (cry, but I try not to because I want to become stronger mentally).

hmmm, I'd have to say that I hang out with a large group of girls... And like emotional movies...

For that matter almost everything except a lie detector says I'm "emotionally" gay XD

Firetaffer:

viper3:

My little pony is seriously the MANLIEST s*it ever, I love that show!

No really, I'm hooked, help me!

Oh god. I did not, I did not, just watch that entire episode.

Oh shit, I did.

Somebody help me!

Pages PREV 1 . . . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . . . 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked