Sad things that have happened to you.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

What the title says. Tell the intrnet about some of the sad things in yours or others lives.

Despite my normal and cheerful attitude i've been through some pretty sad things. I just wanna give some backstory here. I was talking with a freind and I asked him about his cat that had recently died. He said he was still pretty sad and wanted to hear about something sad that had happened to me so he could know he wasnt the only one with sad things happening to him. Thus I told this story. Sorry if some of my spelling is off im still sorta shaken up from telling this to my freind.

Around six years ago when I was about eleven I walked home from school everyday like some kids do. Well on my way home I usually go through a allyway that is a shortcut to my house.
As I walked down the allyway I saw a man standing at the end. I decided I wouldn't look at him and kept walking. As I walked past him he stuck his arm in front of me and looked down at me.
I tried to push past but he pushed me down. I don't remember exactly what he said but I think it went somehting like this.
Man-Whatcha doing kid. (Please note the man was obviously drunk or extreamly high)
Me-Im just going home sir.
Man-Then why didcha you fall over kid?
Me-You pushed me!
Man-You shouldn lie kid. Now ya gotsa be punished.

At this point the man took out a knife, picked me up, and held the blade to my throat.
Man-You gots two choices kid. One you can gets killed by my knife. Or two you can do whatever I say.

Being the human I was and not wanting to die I replaied.
Me-Ok I'll do anything you want sir!
Man-Alrights then...(I don't want to repeat this sentence. Really. Please don't make me).

At this point a number of sirens start going off and the Man runs away. Thankfully im able to pull myself togather long enogh to get home. I tell my parents and they get upset as they do. I did have a sister at that time(just to let you know). My sister(whose name I cannot disclose) kept asking me qustion as to what happened. All went fine and dandy untill around 3:00 A.M. when there was a loud crash down stairs. As I ran down stairs I heard my Dad yell and my mom scream as well as my sister crying. Halfway down I hear a BANG(BANG being the sound a gun makes). When I reached the bottom of the steps I saw four things. I will now order them in the order I saw them.
1. My dad yelling at the door(or rather a figure in or leaving through the door).
2. The Man from yesterday running out the door with a gun(as he ran out I could hear sirens in the distance).
3. My Mother holding her mouth crying at the floor(or rather the figure ON the floor).
4. My sister laying in small pool of blood with her mouth open, unmoving.

Oh god I don't want to keep writing. I CAN'T keep writing! Im leaving it here. Damnit...why did I have to write THIS!? I could have written about puppies or aliens or even a bean! A happy bean! I suppose some memories ARE to be left undisturbed. Oh well I'd like to hear your stories as well. I suppose. Yet I don't want to get sadder. Oh well it's my fault for writing this. Tell me something ot make me tear up(or if you can, to make me cry).

Getting a hold of, and playing, K&L2.

If only i listened to my instincts back then i wouldnt have to post this.

gigastar:

Wow dude, did you even read his post? You kind of sound like an ass saying that...

OT: Well, my father had a heart attack when I was 5, and I had to call 911. Thank God he survived. I was mentally scarred by a guy who always tried to kiss me. He even tackled me to the ground. I'm pretty well off, though. I'm very sorry about what happened to you and your sister. Although I'm sure it happened a long while ago, you have my condolences.

nunqual:

gigastar:

Wow dude, did you even read his post? You kind of sound like an ass saying that...

Well the post said its as the title says. K&L2 is certainly a thing and last time i checked sheer dissapointment also counts as sadness.

EDIT: May be a bit callous, but it doesnt say anywhere that we have to offer condolences. I certainly dont expect any.

gigastar:

dude... kinda disrespectful?
Nothing THAT dramatic happened to me, luckily.
But there's some stuff I'd change if I could.
My dad turned out to be a huge, socially insane idiot.
my sister broke off all contact with him, but I still see him so it's not very unusual for me to get caught in the occasional crossfire.
I don't talk to my uncle anymore because of something I did. I really shouldn't have...
other than that, I don't really have anything. guess I'm lucky.

Wow...I just...can't fathom what that must be like...I must say I admire you for being so strong today...anyway I'll try my best, nowhere near as sad...

While I was taking my GCSE's in year 11 and I was at home one day, my mom collapsed from heart failure. As a child I always knew she had a heart problem, which was that she had a small hole in her heart, which meant it couldn't work efficiently or something like that. This meant her heart was working twice more than everyone else. The doctors said at the hospital she had to have this new surgery or she would die within the next year. So she went for the surgery. 3 days after she had just come out of the surgery (which had a 50:50 chance of survival) and had just woken up. I got to see her with my dad and sister and she was in such agony, she just kept screaming and crying that she wanted to die and the pain was unbearable. You see the surgery was to put a mechanical stopper in her heart to clog up the hole. She was now having to adjust to it and as you can guess it was unbearable pain. For the next 2 weeks she stayed in hospital, slowly getting better but still unhappy. SOO for the whole of the few weeks I was taking my GCSE's I had the constant image of my mum in hospital screaming for death. This is why quadratic equations still haunt me >_<

Happy to say though she's fine and dandy now and healthier than ever. She's trying new things she could never try before and loving life...not exactly the sad ending I think you were going after but having the fear that your mum could die at any moment while taking life changing exams was stressful enough and probably the saddest days of my life...still my life is only short so I'm sure some other more sad event will occur...

I so don't believe that story. Call me a callus dick all you want, that story has waaaaaay too many holes to believe it.

Well the worst day of my life is as follows (and yes, it has kinda scarred me)...

I was at my university (which to this day I still consider the stupidest hellhole in existence) at the end of my classes for the day. I was having a lot of difficulties in my chemistry lab because our TA couldn't speak a word of English and just all-around wasn't doing his job. For several weeks I'd been trying to get hold of the head of the chem labs to get some help but she was never in her office and never answered my emails. So I finally had enough and I went to seek an even higher authority. I went to the chemistry administration where the only person in the room at the time was just one man. He called me into his office and asked me what I needed, so I explained my problem. As I explained, he laughed at me constantly. And when I asked him if I could get some help or perhaps take the lab separate from the class he laughed at me further. He walked with me downstairs and told me to wait in a sitting area while he went to go find the chem lab head. After a minute or so of waiting I had enough and I walked towards the lab head's office. As I neared the office I heard her and the man laughing. The man continued "So this dumbass student walks into my office and starts asking for my help HAHAHAHAHAHAHA". I stormed out of the room and literally have not been back in that building since.

But that wasn't all. Oh no. To make matters worse, when I got home and I was going to tell my parents about what a ridiculous experience that was, my dad came home with really grim news: my grandfather (who also happened to be my hero) had passed away.

Definitely a bad day...

Story needs a little bit of updating, but was up-to-date as of September.

Edit: I guess it just needs to be pointed out that I currently live with my mother and stepfather half-time, and my father the other half.

Chefodeath:
I so don't believe that story. Call me a callus dick all you want, that story has waaaaaay too many holes to believe it.

This. Sorry to the OP if it's true, but it sounds like he's fishing for attention.

Well, my dad died of cancer on Dec.28, 2000 and then my grandmother died nine days later on Jan. 6th. That was fun. Or the day my wife decided to leave (after wiping out the savings account) me by telling me she'd been cheating on me. Yay.

I think the title of this thread is kind of understateting your own story.

Whether this story is true or not, writting it down does help.

I'm sorry but I'm pretty positive that didn't happen.

And I'm not going to spew out a sad story of my own. Sad stories shouldn't be shared pointlessly. They should be bottled up and slowly killed with alcohol.

Swollen Goat:
Well, my dad died of cancer on Dec.28, 2000 and then my grandmother died nine days later on Jan. 6th. That was fun. Or the day my wife decided to leave (after wiping out the savings account) me by telling me she'd been cheating on me. Yay.

This except my great grandma first then my dad on Aug 26th 2002 of cancer. I was only six.
Well and the wife thing.. sorry mate that sucks.

nunqual:

gigastar:

" I could have written about puppies or aliens or even a bean! A happy bean!"

I think he might be playing people.

well my best friend died in a fire in fourth grade, leaving me pessimistic, antisocial (and as result, socially inept). but i got better.

but yeah. that sucked.

Woodsey:

nunqual:

gigastar:

" I could have written about puppies or aliens or even a bean! A happy bean!"

I think he might be playing people.

Yeah, I kind of get that feeling too, but to be on the safe side I offered my condolences.

a few years back, i was with the girl of my dreams. We celebrate our 1 year anniversary and everything's going great. Then one month later, she dumps me for no real reason.
2 weeks after said ending or relationship, i hear she's going out with my best friend.

I found out at a later date, she was cheating on me for a month before ending it with me. Which means she was with him behind my back for our anniversary.

After all this, she starts making things up to get attention from people, all of which reflected badly on me. Following these, all people i classed as friends, hated me. even people who didn't know her, found out about these and then started sympathising with her. i've got one good friend and a few people who i get on well with left. but because of her, its hard to make new friends since them stories are still floating around along with other ones. This all happened about 2 years ago.

btw, i know it doesn't sound as bad as yours with the knife point and everything, but it's left me emotionally crippled and I haven't been able to trust anyone since.
its quite a sad story for me and i still love her (i know its pathetic and cliche, but there u go...)

My mum died of a brain tumour back when i was 8 in 2005. My grandad passed away back last summer of old age, it was sad but we werent that close. I'm not close with many members of my family, except my father and brother.

Wow this thread is depressing. Sorry about your story OP, if its true, and to everything else thats sadly happened to people here.

Well ermmm ok this is pretty sad but nothing compared to OP.

I've had it easy emotionally, no problems, no deaths of family, at all, hell even my great grandmother is still around and she smokes cigars...

HOWEVER this is what happened to me while working in India over the summer.

I was up in the mountains, about 50-60miles from the town/city of Shillong, and I was working with a moving camp which help people by diagnosing cancer. That was our role anyway, but the people in these villages used our camps to see free doctors for all there problems.

Anyway, on my first day, I caused quite a storm within the area, being white and over a foot taller (I'm only 6 foot) than everyone else, everyone wanted to see me, therefore the camp saw 300 more people than expected, because of this I was given my own patients to see, and to refer to the actual doctors if I suspected anything.

I saw many MANY things, and I will only discuss one here.

Basically this women, of about 20-22 comes in, and pushes a bundle of blankets in my hands, and tells me theres something wrong with her son. Anyway I look at this baby which is in my arms, and I could tell immediately something was wrong, I'm not going to describe it because I can't describe it well. I called in several doctors, who all examine the baby, and all agree its a case of malnuritionment and TB infection (Imagine what you will from that). We explained this to mother, who burst into tears, telling us that she had just lost her other daughther to TB and her husband was unable to pay for drugs as he had recently had an accident at work that had broken his spine.
She explained that she couldn't afford the drugs, and begged us to give them to her.
Unfortunately we were there to treat cancer NOT TB, and therefore she would have to pay for the drugs. We basically told the mother that her son was going to die, and we weren't going to do anything about it.
Watching that women's heart break will live with me forever, I know it will.

Made worse as she followed me around the camp afterwards, begging me as a "rich" foreign man to pay for the drugs for her son.

Morally I knew I shouldn't get the drugs for her, even though I could afford it (Drugs were dirt cheap, and goes along way in India) because that would be unfair to everyone else.

Uggghhhh... Even thinking about that, makes my skin crawl...

Chefodeath:

ditto

AJM:

Chefodeath:

ditto

ditto again(if it is true then I AM SO SORRY)
the saddest thing to happen to me was when my cat was diagnosed with aids, lukemia, and a bunch of other shit*sigh* why do all my pets die horribly?

Bobic:
Sad stories shouldn't be shared pointlessly. They should be bottled up and slowly killed with alcohol.

This usually leads to mental illness, or in extreme cases murder or suicide. I seriously would not encourage this kind of thinking.

Saddest thing to happen to me, probably watching my dog get hit by a car. Asshole didnt even stop or anything.

The only girl i ever loved loved dumped me by text when i was on the top of a mountain in the pouring rain taking pictures of the view of my phone (as i had been the previous day) to say "even with a view this beautiful i still think of you"
I still had two hours of hiking left that day before a four hour minibus trip (with my classmates [all guys, none of whom i knew that well]) home where i would see her that evening at the youth group (hadn't seen my best mate for a while but he and her best friend were together at the time)
It wasn't just 'sorry but i can't date you any more' it was (paraphrased) "it's not your fault but i'm dumping you for this other guy (who was by general consensus a total dick at the time)"
saying "it's not you, it's me" just shows she wasn't willing to change, i could have changed i would have done nearly anything for her
Three and a half years have passed and this is the first time i have said the whole story
I also find it impossible to let people in my life or trust anything anyone says

From what i heard she dumped him after a couple of weeks then moved on (why did i have to be the first one, at least i would have learnt from the hurt she inflicted on others)

baconsarnie:
The only girl i ever loved loved dumped me by text when i was on the top of a mountain in the pouring rain taking pictures of the view of my phone (as i had been the previous day) to say "even with a view this beautiful i still think of you"
I still had two hours of hiking left that day before a four hour minibus trip (with my classmates [all guys, none of whom i knew that well]) home where i would see her that evening at the youth group (hadn't seen my best mate for a while but he and her best friend were together at the time)
It wasn't just 'sorry but i can't date you any more' it was (paraphrased) "it's not your fault but i'm dumping you for this other guy (who was by general consensus a total dick at the time)"
saying "it's not you, it's me" just shows she wasn't willing to change, i could have changed i would have done nearly anything for her
Three and a half years have passed and this is the first time i have said the whole story
I also find it impossible to let people in my life or trust anything anyone says

From what i heard she dumped him after a couple of weeks then moved on (why did i have to be the first one, at least i would have learnt from the hurt she inflicted on others)

No offence but with that line i woulda dumped you </3

OP: Losing my stuff on RS was pretty sad.

Gf cheating and sending me evidence.

Brother stealing my GF (Diffrent GF)

Pretty mmuch everything to do with girls... Hmmm.

baconsarnie:

Should have sent that message you were making for her anyway - there might be a bit of poetic 'justice' when she dumped the other guy realising what she'd lost in you.

Mind you, your story kind of makes her sound like a slut. If this is the case- then think about that instead :P

Well, the events of my childhood have resulted in me being on medication and in and out of therapy for over half my life...
Literally- I was either ten or eleven when I was first reported to the school nurse because I wanted to kill myself. I remember very little about my childhood, but I do remember, very clearly, my mom walking up the stairs to my room where I was talking with my dad about finding a psychologist. She just screamed "If you think this means we're going to start buying you more stuff, you can think again!" before leaving and slamming the door behind her.

Firefoxmccoy:
Le snip

The last time I din't believe someone this much was 'Mission Accomplished'. I call bullshit.

Anyway, I leaving Cork was pretty sad at the time, but I got over it alright. I had an accident whilst chopping wood once and lost most of the little finger on my right hand, as well as the tip of my right ringfinger, but I wouldn't say that was 'sad', just very, very painful.

EDIT: Forgot about dying pets! R.I.P Rorschach the ferret. You were awesome.

Long story short, I grew up with a girl who was a bit older than me (I think 2 years I don't really remember) Fell in love at the age of 11 dated her till I turned 14 and she dumped me.
Me being a kid and all, she told me we'd be together forever and I believed her.

That is so sad :( I can't imagine how awful that must've been to see. My sad story involves stuff that happened to my whole family but I was pretty messed up during it because I was at just the right age to understand what was going on but not old enough to be told the whole thing so I just ended up really confused and distressed.

mmm

When i was 16-19 i was really depressed but didn't know why, still i did't talk to no one or went to a psychiatrist, a year after that depression began i started taking pills( non medicated Antidepresives and sedatives)one night i got into a fight with my older brother and almost attacked him with a knife, after that i was kick out of my home, but after a couple of days I went to live with my dad for a year before coming back, then college begun and got my first GF(18-19) and after my first year i started working as an intern as a chef assistance. When i was about to finish I realised this wasn't my career, my GF dump me at the same time and i had a lil of a pill abuse i stole from my Moms BF, after a night I took way more than necessary and sadly cut my left arm wrist( Not the emo way, but the real) call a friend he took me to hospital and Later had to watch my dad and mom as i was barely conciuos. My mom said nasty things i don't remember( she has always treated me like shit) and my dad only said he was sorry for not realising this before and never saying "I love you" or demonstrating affection towards me.

It was that i had a "neurobiological Depression Disorder", wich acording to the psychiatrist i had no way of knowing or anything, since it wasn't related to my enviroment o my family, my brain just didn't work well, it's been 3 years since that and the scar stills reminds me of that day, lost a lot of friends cause they felt betrayed and nothing has been the same ever since, kind of my fault really for not talking to no one. But still... at least it was a wake up call for me

My father died from anaphylaxis due to bee stings while I was in South Korea.

He was 53 years old.

Everynight that i go to bed i have dreams. I can FEEL things in these dreams. I feel pain, i can smell the air, taste food. These dreams are still there when i wake up, and some even go in order like im watching my own private movie. Now i'm 17 years old, and not only have i watched men and women slaughtred or blown apart, ive also felt the pain of it. All my sences are active. Now don't get me wrong, i have good dreams also, and they are past the point of amazing, but the bad ones... their ones i carry with me when i wake up in the morning. and from what other people tell me, their nightmares are brief but vivid, mine(good and bad)can last anywhere between 10 secounds and years (dream time). My official age is 17, but i feel like im already 30 years old.

Chefodeath:

Reads like a bad fanfiction. Suddenly cutting off all "OH NO IT'S TOO SAD". Seems kind of pointless that anyone would even go through the effort of typing it out and fucking posting it for all to see anyway.

Yeah, I think it's fair to call a bullshit. And an attention whoring.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked