Does it last the full day?
Up to 12:00
24.3% (28)
24.3% (28)
The entire day
73.9% (85)
73.9% (85)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: April Fool's Day: Twelve hours or twenty four?

Something that comes up every 1st of April is whether it still counts as an "April Fools" after 12:00. Doing something after that time is seen as 'wrong' by some, and perfectly understandable to others.

Personally, it's called "April Fools day ", so that means to me that it lasts the entire day. Still, I'll call out anyone who does anything to me after 12:00 for "breaking the rules".

What about you, the Escapists/Escapians/Escapades? What do you think?

I try make April Fool's day every day tbh:'].

As a lil kid though, everyone said it ended at 12:00.

Basically, people who say it ends at 12:00 are too scared of the fun;D

If it ended at 12:00 it would be called April Fool's Half Day.

Personally, I feel the jokes end at noon, because it gives me something to be pedantic about.

So, I guess it depends on the country?

As long as it's April first, it's fooling time for me.

All I know is that I'm not trusting a single thing anyone says until Saturday, and even then there might be people late to the game.

744 hours, beginning 360 hours prior to April 1st.

Professor Lupin Madblood:
Personally, I feel the jokes end at noon, because it gives me something to be pedantic about.

So, I guess it depends on the country?

Ah yes, I remember about the whole "calling someone an April Fool" thing. Wikipedia always has the answers!

It lasts all day. I never even heard of it only lasting 12 hours, that's absurd.

Shepard's Shadow:
It lasts all day. I never even heard of it only lasting 12 hours, that's absurd.

Perfectly normal in the UK, after all if they haven't got the wit to perform a merry jape before noon then truly they are an April Fool.

You need those extra 12 hours to perform your early morning/late night pranks. That's when they're least expecting it!

Jim 028:

Shepard's Shadow:

Perfectly normal in the UK, after all if they haven't got the wit to perform a merry jape before noon then truly they are an April Fool.

It would be normal to me if I lived in the UK, but I don't. Not that that would stop me from pulling pranks anyway. They may call me an April Fool, but they would be the ones covered in water, pudding, etc.

It lasts about a week, in my family.

I say it lasts until 12. Although being a student this does mean that April Fools day is near non-existant...

By the modern definition, a day is 24 hours. So April Fools Day is 24 hours long.

.yad lluf eht tsal ot ti rof retteb s'ti llarevo oS
.sekoj retteb yna pord srepap fo noitide emit-thgin eht tel t'nseod yaddim ta pots ti gnikam dna ;ailartsuA ni yad a flah dna ,setatS eht ni yad a flah si KU eht rof yad a sa stnuoc tahw taht si melborp niam ehT

24 hours

I'm just posting this to get more posts

If you pull a prank on someone before midday, you must take it, no revenge, just take it.. ok well done, you fooled me.

But if you can't be bothered to make it happen early, or before midday, then any prank played after midday, while still is an April fool prank, may be revenged, and how.

My cousin came into my room 11:50am to get me, I wasn't there so he sought me out, and farted on my head, then ran away.. too bad for him, it was 12:03 when he got to me, so I filled a bowl with dog-shit and hot water and put it under his bed, his room stank all day. 'who's the April fool now' was what I could proudly say.

It's already midday here, so I'm safe.

I'm used to it apparently ending at 12:00, it happened today when a student's suggestion that the whole class attempt to cause panic by running around the school screaming about fire was refused by the teacher on the grounds it was after 12:00.

Naheal:

Touché. But why do you need a 31 day-long time period to play a joke on someone?

Never heard of it being like that. You're a prank target until the next day begins.

edit: Frak, messed that quote up.

I heard an old (Irish I believe) rhyme that says something like 'if you make a joke past 12 o'clock, you're the april fool' or something like that. i'm not getting it exact, but I think it's close.

Biosophilogical:

Naheal:

Touché. But why do you need a 31 day-long time period to play a joke on someone?

Playing a joke on someone on the same day every year gets predictable. I just widen the timeframe when my joke can take place

You couldn't fool me on the most foolingest day of your life if you had an electric fooling machine.

Queen Michael:

Yeah right.. I see what you did there..

I personally say full day since I normally get up at about 12 if I don't have any arrangements.

It should be half a day. It should be less, it's fucking irritating.

A joke in the morning is a bit of a laugh, but it's dull now. Please stop

The_root_of_all_evil:

.yad lluf eht tsal ot ti rof retteb s'ti llarevo oS
.sekoj retteb yna pord srepap fo noitide emit-thgin eht tel t'nseod yaddim ta pots ti gnikam dna ;ailartsuA ni yad a flah dna ,setatS eht ni yad a flah si KU eht rof yad a sa stnuoc tahw taht si melborp niam ehT

Damn it, that hurt my thinker box.

OT: April Fools lasts all day. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

stupid quote box.

It lasts half a day.

I just get very bored of all the terrible jokes people set up, which tend to be the same ones they have done every single year for the passed decade... :/

Dieter Meyer:

Queen Michael:

Yeah right.. I see what you did there..

Eh? I did something?

24 hours, even as I live in the UK. Just because a lot of people I know, including myself, sleep until after noon or just before noon.

I think it should last the whole day. But alas, Australia says its only half the day. That means you miss out on half the fun! Although, it does suck when your alarm clock is set to 11:59 on April Fools Day. :(

I like it only lasting until noon in the UK, it means that I have some time to actually do something with the day after the humourless, possibly autistic tits that take it too far have finished "joking" around.

April Fool's lasts all month, hence have 'April' in the name.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked