Favorite Cartoon/Anime of the 90s-early 2000s?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

As we all know, from the 90s to the early 2000s were the Golden age of cartoons. Nothing produced since then has been able to match the quality, humor, action, and overall fun of the Golden Age.

So, tell me Escapists. What is your favorite cartoon from the 90s? (Anime does count)

For me, it was all about the anime of the time. DBZ, Sailor Moon, Ruroni Kenshin, Tenchi Muyo, and Mobile Fighter G-Gundam. However, my favorite has got to be Yu Yu Hakusho.

SPIRIT GUN!

The Adventures of Captain Pugwash was my favourite cartoon as a kid. Not seen it since then so it might be terrible but It's my favourite.

The Animaniacs(and all shows associated with it). Easily.

First thought was: well, not Code Geass...

My favourite cartoons (anime notwithstanding) were made from the 1930's to 1960's (well, the good ones at least). Warner Bros Looney Tunes/Merry Melodies. *shrug*

Irridium:

This! :D

I didn't really watch cartoons back then...

But anime from that time favorites are easily cowboy bebop and berserk.

Lupin the third, when it aired on Adult Swim in 2003, so hard to find subbed/dubbed episodes streaming.

Firstly, we all know that the late early 90s killed anything in the 2000s.

Ninja Turtles.

Irridium:

This. I still remember that show with such fondness... :D

These two.

AND

Jackie Chan Adventures. It is my favorite show period.

He-Man.... AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE!

Captcha: Glycerol Assassin (huh?)

I have been on a huge Invader Zim binge lately. It has been glorious.

Histeria in stereo.

The Simpsons
Futurama
Spongebob Squarepants
Animaniacs/Pinky and the Brain
Ren and Stimpy
The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
The Powerpuff Girls (along with two thirds of the other Cartoon Cartoons, such as Dexter, Courage, Johnny Bravo, and Sheep in the Big City)

The toonami afternoon block
dbz
sailor moon
yuyu hakusho
pokemon
etc
besides all the networks having good shows back then
only in the past 2 years has cartoon network got their shit back together but unfortunately they still havent brought back anime.....(frown)
nick and disney are still dead though.

Catdog. Rocky's Modern Life. Dragon Ball Z. Angry Beavers. My Childhood was awesome.

Yu Yu Hakusho is the greatest. It is unrivaled. It is supreme.

Batman: TAS, Batman Beyond and Justice League.

Easy question! Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star and Trigun. ^^ Excellent anime viewing right there.

EDIT: How could I forget about Batman: TAS? It was excellent!

RedEyesBlackGamer:
Jackie Chan Adventures. It is my favorite show period.

Totally agree. It deserves a special spot just for spawning the phrase: "One moooore thing!"

angel34:
The Adventures of Captain Pugwash was my favourite cartoon as a kid. Not seen it since then so it might be terrible but It's my favourite.

Good call, ideally the original version with the really crappy animation, not the second version with quite crap animation.

OT: I think the OP is confusing "Golden age" with "When they were young", because as we know the golden age was the mid 80's to early 90's He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Thundercats, Defenders of the Earth, Bravestar, COPS, The Real Ghostbusters, Transformers (because theres more than meets the eyes) and Teenage Mutant HERO Turtles (not that I am bitter about the rebranding of TMHT this side of the Atlantic).

tokae:

Irridium:

This! :D

"There are two types of people, those who like animaniacs, and those who don't like animaniacs". No need to ask which you two are!

Either Courage the Cowardly Dog or Samurai Jack, I can't really make up my mind.

I was really into Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh!. Then I found out on the internet that 4Kids ruined them. Oh, and I watched most of the cartoon/anime already mentioned, except the more mature ones; some of which I have watched on the internet. I watched the first episode of Yu Yu Hakusho and didn't watch any more. I'd probably like it if I watched it more.

There was a lot of good stuff that has already been mentioned: Batman the animated series, the Animaniacs, and of course Aeon Flux, but my favorite would have to be The Tick!

Spooooooooooooon!! (or if you prefer) Not the face!!

Reboot was the shit way back then. I also loved Beast Wars and its sequel series, Beast Machines.

And for a little more mature stuff, The Pj's was excellent

The Pirates of Dark Water

Simpsons (Until Season 9)
Dexter's Laboratory
Hey Arnold
Ren and Stimpy
Sonic SatAM
Disney Afternoon
Most of Toonami
Animaniacs
DBZ/Dragonball
Invader Zim

Also:

cowboy beebop

Outlaw Star and Yu Yu Hakusho, both of which I recently bought the complete series for, and couldn't be happier about.

ReBoot is probably my fondest memory of a TV show from my childhood, but I'm not sure if it counts.

My Top Five Most Influencial Anime Of All Time (early 2000's)

1) Eureka Seven

2) Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

3) Cowboy Bebop

4) FLCL

5) Spice And Wolf (can't wait for Part 2!!)

All Hail Lelouch:
As we all know, from the 90s to the early 2000s were the Golden age of cartoons. Nothing produced since then has been able to match the quality, humor, action, and overall fun of the Golden Age.

Do we know that? Because I'm not very sure that I do, at all. Sure, there were some gems in there, but there are a few gems in every generation. I'd be more inclined to guess that you grew up in that time period, so you're looking back on the shows with nostalgia.

I cannot possibly name them all. Because there are too many.

But pretty much everything everybody has named so far, I loved.

And I love that video!! <3 <3

Invader Zim
Batman animated series
Cowboy Bebop
Thundercats
Probably more than I can remember, but one of my absolute favorites...
Pirates of Dark Water. I can't be the only one who remembers that awesome show.

Courage the cowardly dog, man I loved that show.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked