How does X-Men First class "erase" 3 and Origins (Spoilers)

So I was watching movie Bob's latest review and he said at one point that First class erases X-men 3 and Origins of Wolverine. How is this so cause I didn't see it.

For starters, Emma Frost is not as she was portrayed in Origins. Not only different actresses, but different ages and situations. For evidence, check out the trailers for both films. Each one shows Emma Frost, and each portrayal is different. And if you watched the film, then you know the circumstances between both portrayals are too different, to the point that they contradict each other.

Well Emma Frost is in it, so I think that cancels out some of the stuff from origins.
Hank McCoy didn't know any of the characters in 3, but it was established in this that he was a founding X-Man.
At least that's all I saw.

Due to the cameo of Wolverine, Professor X would have clearly remembered him. There was also a few other things, but I can't recall any of them apart from the ones that are said here.

This is what I think

I saw it yesterday then watched his review but i haven't seen the 3 and wolverine. But the movie itself was pretty good and from my friends and relatives who seen all the movies, they said it was a bit out of tune with the 3 and origins so it kind of collapsed but they were kinda crappy anyways so its all good.

Joseph Valdez:
So I was watching movie Bob's latest review and he said at one point that First class erases X-men 3 and Origins of Wolverine. How is this so cause I didn't see it.

Here is the quote from Bob himself in the comments section of his review:

MovieBob:

JohnnyRooks:
Can someone please tell me how First Class negated Wolverine? Please, its really bothering me i just don't see it.

MASSIVE
MASSIVE
MAJOR
MEGA
HUGE
SPOILER(S)

Top35:
This is what I think

Ah, that's a good point. I can't believe I worked my way around that rather obvious point.

Nautical Honors Society:

Joseph Valdez:

MovieBob:

JohnnyRooks:
Can someone please tell me how First Class negated Wolverine? Please, its really bothering me i just don't see it.

MASSIVE
MASSIVE
MAJOR
MEGA
HUGE
SPOILER(S)

Its actually a lot more then that, and erases all four of the other X films. Take the Hank/Beast situation, for example. And in the first movie, Prof. X didn't know who Wolvierine was despite trying to recruit him in First Class.

One of the major things is that they recruit havoc who Scott's younger brother in 60s/ So that means Scott is also born and he too has mutant powers and he's already in High School.

TheDarkEricDraven:

Nautical Honors Society:

Joseph Valdez:

MovieBob:

MASSIVE
MASSIVE
MAJOR
MEGA
HUGE
SPOILER(S)

Its actually a lot more then that, and erases all four of the other X films. Take the Hank/Beast situation, for example. And in the first movie, Prof. X didn't know who Wolvierine was despite trying to recruit him in First Class.

Well the first movie wasn't supposed to be erased. That's why in Wolverin's cameo it was only for a brief second. He didn't even turn around. So we can assume Xavier just doesn't remember because it was long time ago, he didn't get a good look at wolverine, and he naturally assumed they couldn't have been the same person because at the time he didn't know about his halted aging through the healing factor.

Nautical Honors Society:

TheDarkEricDraven:

Well the first movie wasn't supposed to be erased. That's why in Wolverin's cameo it was only for a brief second. He didn't even turn around. So we can assume Xavier just doesn't remember because it was long time ago, he didn't get a good look at wolverine, and he naturally assumed they couldn't have been the same person because at the time he didn't know about his halted aging through the healing factor.

Also even if Professor X DID remember him, he has a streak of telling people only what he thinks they should know, not necessarily what would be right to tell them.

Would him mentioning "Why yes, we actually met about 40 years ago when you looked exactly the same as you do now, isn't that yet another neat mystery?", but not mentioning the things he pulled out of his head make any sense? Clearly X knew a lot but told Wolverine very little, this might be just another fact he left out.

While First Class clearly does erase the 3rd and Wolverine films, the whole Emma Frost thing can be explained fairly easily; they aren't the same person. It's not like every mutant has to have a unique power, the girl in Wolverine was never refered to as Emma Frost or White Queen; so if you really wanted to try and force Wolverine to fit into the continuity of the other films, the whole Emma Frost thing can be explained through this; they are simply different people.

The only two things that aren't really mesh with the continuity of the first 2 films are a) Alex Summers being Scott's brother and b) Erik helping Charles build Cerebro.

a) If Alex is 20 ish in the earlier 60s, it wouldn't really make sense to have a brother born in say the early 70s (if Scott is 30ish in the early 2000s). That would make Alex's parents at least 50 when they had Scott asuming they had Alex when they were in their early 20s.

This can be explained relatively easily. They either aren't brothers in the movie continuity or they are half brothers; Alex and Scott's father (50) having a baby with a younger woman to explain the age difference between the brothers.

b) This can be explained by some possible Magneto and Xavier team up within the 40 years between First Class and X-Men 1 in which Erik helps Charles build the machine.

In the end First Class fits just fine with the continuity of the 1st and 2nd film but in no way works with the 3rd and 4th film, and I'm okay with that because the 3rd and 4th were BALLS. Thank you.

Its easier to look at it as this. The two Emma's are completely different people. The "Emma" from Wolverine, was never even named, nor shown to have telepathic abilities. For all we know, the girl's only ability was her diamond form. The movies take place in a different reality, thus, Alex isn't Scott's brother, but a close relative, (according to writers), and Beast's human form in X-2, he turned back to human in the comics for a bit, whats to say he didn't in the movie universe too?

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked