What would your band's name be?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

I don't have a band, nor do I have any desire to cull the talent to create one. I love listening to classic and alternative rock music (big fan of RXP101.9) and I am fascinated by the various band names. I have always wondered what I would name my band if given the opportunity. This morning I came up with my band name, FINALLY and just wrote a blog post about it, but I was wondering what everyone else's band names would be. If you have a band, I'd love to know the name you came up with!

Anyway, here's my wacky band name: FUDGE BUNNIES WITH HAND BASKETS
I love it. It has a story, and I have had it for decades, I don't know why it never occurred to me that this was my perfect band name all along!
http://riverarunsthroughit.blogspot.com/2011/06/ive-finally-named-my-band.html

riverand:
I don't have a band, nor do I have any desire to cull the talent to create one. I love listening to classic and alternative rock music (big fan of RXP101.9) and I am fascinated by the various band names. I have always wondered what I would name my band if given the opportunity. This morning I came up with my band name, FINALLY and just wrote a blog post about it, but I was wondering what everyone else's band names would be. If you have a band, I'd love to know the name you came up with!

I love it. It has a story, and I have had it for decades, I don't know why it never occurred to me that this was my perfect band name all along!

I have a great band name.
"JEDI MIND TRICKS"

TheIronRuler:

riverand:

"JEDI MIND TRICKS"

That is seriously awesome!! Has no one used that yet?? I love it!

Hypothetically I'd name my band "Jargon."

mostly because if you put my music player on random some of the transitions are rather jarring (i listen to anything and everything, not meaning that there isn't stuff I don't like.) I also use a lot of jargon in everyday speech, and "the new single by Jargon" is just cool.

The Flaming Grizzly Bears

Camaranth:

mostly because if you put my music player on random some of the transitions are rather jarring (i listen to anything and everything, not meaning that there isn't stuff I don't like.) I also use a lot of jargon in everyday speech, and "the new single by Jargon" is just cool.

I completely understand - my "shuffle" is often jarring to others as well. I like the sound of Jargon as well! Nice.

Malo_Tux:
The Flaming Grizzly Bears

Hilarious! I love it!

I had a cool one in my head a while back, but I can't remember what it was at the moment. Any other time I would be able to recall it, but not now. Now I'm just blank.

Though the two coolest band names possible have already been taken, Killswitch Engage and August Burns Red.

'The Pork Chop Express' It's the name of Jack Burton's truck from Big Trouble in Little China and is currently the name of my pub quiz team.

My band would be called 'IX'. I'd never explain if it's supposed to be pronounced 'Icks' or it's the roman numeral 'Nine'.

Got the idea from one of the later Dune novels.

Camaranth:

When one puts my Zune on shuffle and goes from Ludovico Einaudi to some metalcore or something, particularly one that starts out with a scream, it's pretty hilarious. I enjoy hearing stuff that way but others don't. It's quite funny.

Hmmm Marik Ishtar and the DAYmons. Probably. Comes from an inside joke with my best friend. XD

Hour long hallucinations in a comatose ft. amnesia
...I was thinking about that xkcd comic about dreams, but that name is way too long.

Hmmm...
God Mode?
No Clip?
I imagine The Escapist would've been a pretty good band name...
Shitting Footballs...probably too silly of an anecdote.
The Aspergers
Derek Dies is a pretty good inside joke.
EDIT:
Veto Reality
Ultima Weapon
The Herp Derp Herd
The Griefers
Like A Monkey
Cuccoo Kryptonite

I like thinking of names, I'll probably edit some more in later, but I'm bad at picking things. I do like the sound of yours, OP, and if it means something like you say, all the better.

EDIT: Here come my philosophy references
Tabula Rasa
Tove
Oven Meditations
Become An Chatterton

I would name my band "The Wonders" Yeah its sound cheesy and plain but in my head it sound cool.

My band was called CarSex4Tuna. We sucked.

Serious Band Name
Mine would be simply named "XIII"

I've used the number 13 for many different things for a while now because it has quite a few meanings to me.

Not Serious Band Name
"Monkey Fighting Muffin Fudgers"

Just because.

My theoretical band names are many, though I remember few of them.

Horny Horny Hippos
Problems with Chris
Youth in Asia (I'm sure it's been used a TON though)
Teddy Bear Picnic (and there might be legal troubles with that one)

In all honesty, any band I'd make would probably be like Mouse Rat from Parks & Rec in that we'd constantly be changing our name.

Shatterband, if only for the Scott Pilgrim reference.

I could probably think of something serious, but this is what came in to my head and I'm feeling lazy.

BADGER APOCALYPSE!!!! RAAAAAWWWWWWKKKKKKK!!!!!!

Seriously, I'd probably call it the Radical Dreamers because of my deep obsession with the Chrono universe.

Special Thanks to Mexico.

That would be a band. I already sort of have a mini duet act with a friend of mine, and we're Drunken Mango and the Fantastic Lion.

I would name it Puzzles, but the only puzzle would be why it was called puzzles.

" The Frigging Awesomes"

Also:

newguy77:
I would name it Puzzles, but the only puzzle would be why it was called puzzles.

Puzzles!!! That would be an awesome name for a bar!

Camaranth:

People get scared when I put my playlist of shuffle and it goes

Pantera
Elton John
Jay-z
Chimaria
Squirrel Nut Zippers
Etc. Possibly something from the Juno soundtrack.

I had a perfectly good name about 3-4 years ago. Then Stephenie Meyer had to be all selfish and making millions of dollars by ruining a perfectly good, poetic word. My band name (and the name I used for everything) was Shadows of the Twilight, but not any more. I have yet to come up with a name that sounds as good as that once did.

TheIronRuler:
"JEDI MIND TRICKS"

Unfortunately, that is already a band, but it is still an awesome name! I saw a CD of theirs in a Goodwill a few weeks ago, and I almost bought it just because of the band's name. The song titles didn't look like my kind of thing, though, so I didn't end up spending that two dollars. :P

My band name would be Fourth Dimensional Shadow.

Serious

Blue Pheonix, simply got the idea by inverting the colours on a picture of a pheonix and it looked awesome. They'd play a mix of classic/blues rock and melodic death metal.

Any Colour You Like, a progressive death metal band named after the Pink Floyd song.

Non serious (so don't flame me)

Start an indie band with some Yorkshire lads and call them 'The Dirty Northern Bastards', simply just so I could end each show saying 'Thank you, we are the dirty northern bastards.'

The Mark of Madness.

The music the band would play would be somewhat nerdy.

''Auditori Salutem''
hurr durr

EDIT - Ah crap, my first ever accidental double post.

riverand:

TheIronRuler:

riverand:

"JEDI MIND TRICKS"

That is seriously awesome!! Has no one used that yet?? I love it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jedi_Mind_Tricks

Sorry, dude. I don't mean to break the bad news but it has indeed been used. By a hip hop band, no less.

I've always liked how "Impressions of a Hero" rolls off the tongue.

Now if I actually bothered to dig out my bass guitar and blow the dust off it, and let's not forget, learn to play it properly, I might be able to use that as an actual band name.

Failing that, steal the Peep Show idea and call ourselves "Various Artists" to mess with Ipod owners.

Holy crap! I didn't leave for that long! SO MANY RESPONSES!! These are great! Some are frightening, but that works too.

Keep them coming this is fun!

Blunderboy:

Failing that, steal the Peep Show idea and call ourselves "Various Artists" to mess with Ipod owners.

OK, seriously. SOMEONE needs to do that! That's great.

ConvincingJohn:
" The Frigging Awesomes"

Also:

newguy77:

Puzzles!!! That would be an awesome name for a bar!

I know, right!? We should totally buy a bar, and at this bar... no last call!

wottabout:

My band name would be Fourth Dimensional Shadow.

Reminds me of school project a friend and I made on the fourth dimension. We called it ''Beyond the imaginable''. Could be a cool band name as well.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked