How will game of Thrones end? (Book and TV show spoilers)

So Book 5 is finally out. (For most of you its finally, I haven't finished book 4 yet :P)
So let's keep the spoilers of book 5 to a minimum, since it is so new.

Anyways this topic is about the HBO TV series:

How will they end it?

The problem is that the series is will catch up to Martins books in 4 more seasons, and yet there has been announced two more books in A Song of Ice and Fire. And judging from Martins speed, we won't see the last one for about 10-15 years I wager...

This puts HBO in a pickle: They have a TV series that will have no natural ending, and if you look at the books there is no point in the first three books where the "good guys" win enough to give a satisfying ending in my mind.

So what do you guys think? How many seasons will the show run, and how will they end it?

PS:
"When you play the game of thrones you either win or die" ... or end up a cripple ... or all of the above.

Maybe the HBO series will be what finally pushes RR Martin to write his books at more than a 2 per decade pace, so we won't have this problem!

/wishful thinking

dyre:
Maybe the HBO series will be what finally pushes RR Martin to write his books at more than a 2 per decade pace, so we won't have this problem!

/wishful thinking

Yeah... *Wishful thinks too*

Though, you could end up in a situation where the Series continues the story based on where Martins Manuscript is at the moment?

But what the hell will happen if they decide ot end the series early? book 2 and 3 don't really have a worthy ending for anyone does it? Except maybe the Battle in the end of book 2, gives Tyrion a victory :P

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked