Do you know all 50 states?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

I'm canadian and i know all the names and half of the capitals, but if you asked me to point to Ohio on a map i probably won't find it

I know the names of wuite a couple, but...find them on a map? Fuck that. >.>

Slayer_2:
Thought it was 53 states, I'm Canadian, so I'm not sure about this, but I always heard 53. Or was it 52? Are you counting Alaska and Hawaii?

Alaska and Hawaii or both counted. It's 50 states, and you could count them if your not sure.

Zachary Amaranth:

demoman_chaos:
Yes, due to a song they made us sing many many many many many many times back in school.

Was it, by chance, set to the music for "Turkey in the Straw?"

It was just all of them in alphabetical order.

Irridium:
I know all 50 states AND capitols because I watched Animaniacs as a kid.

Also US presidents and nations of the world.

I love Animaniacs. I could watch that and Avatar: The Last Airbender all day if I wanted to!

I got 23%, and one of them I got out of pure luck. But that doesn't matter, never gonna move to America.

I am American and I took the test: 100%. I'm actually very good at geography around the world, except for parts of Africa and Asia...

99%. I just couldn't figure out which one was Minnesota!

i couldnt get the first one right :)

i prefer australia. 6 states 2 territories and there name gives away their position. Western australia, northern territory, etc

SckizoBoy:

In fairness to Americans, in the UK, you never get taught county geography, and you'll (by percentage) find fewer Brits (sorry, read: English) who can name and locate all 83 counties than Americans who can name and locate the 50 states.

As a widely travelled Brit I can name quite a few counties and place them.

I will have to admit my ignorance on the states of America though. I only know a few.

Edit - I meant counties, curse you R key.

Got 97% Got Conneticut and Mass mixed up

As a History major in college I should be ashamed of myself i just had geography last semester

100% - but I'm an American, so, that's kind of cheating. lol

I got 99%. I botched when it asked for one of the square-shaped states. They look the same.

Mister Man:
As a foreigner, I'm really uninformed on this. I was more wrong than right, of course, but I'll keep retrying until I get them all. I like to learn.

Don't worry. I would be hard-pressed to do this with Europe, Asia, or Africa(especially Africa).

Andothul:
Got 97% Got Conneticut and Mass mixed up

I was more worried I would misclick when it asked for Rhode Island or Delaware.

demoman_chaos:
[quote="Zachary Amaranth" post="18.308405.12439959"]It was just all of them in alphabetical order.

Was it set to "Turkey in the Straw?"

I got 92% although it's been a while since I've studied them and we didn't learn any songs at the school I went to(american BTW).

As a European I don't really bother - I'd aim to know all the countries in the world before learning all the states in one country. I think I know the name of most of them, but can only place ten or so on a map.

Rawne1980:
As a widely travelled Brit I can name quite a few countries and place them.

I will have to admit my ignorance on the states of America though. I only know a few.

As am I (lots of first class cricket, like the 'perfect country Englishman' that I am...)

But it's odd that schools in the UK just do not teach anything to do with county geography.

Wait, are we talking about countries or counties?

AssassinFisH:
Good luck yanks, I can't even tell you how many countys are in England, but I know its a sh*t load less than 50!

There is only country in England, it's called England. However if you meant Great Britain then their are two countries (England and Scotland), if you meant the UK then there are four I believe (England, Scotland, Wales, and North Ireland.)

I got 99% because I was trying to click Delaware, but because its one of those super tiny states I accidentally slipped and clicked New Jersey. -_-;

I'm Canadian, and the last time I tried to name them all off the top of my head, I only got 35 of 50. My American friend said, "Congratulations, you can name more states than the average Texan!"

I lol'd.

I learned all fifty states and capitals when I was in elementary school. Since then, I've forgotten most of the capitals, but I still know all of the states.

tehpiemaker:

DaJoW:
I could probably write them down, but not pick them out on a map. On the other hand, how many Swedish landskap can you name?

What's a landskap?

It's different parts of Sweden like Lapland, Malm and so on.

SckizoBoy:

Rawne1980:
As a widely travelled Brit I can name quite a few countries and place them.

As am I (lots of first class cricket, like the 'perfect country Englishman' that I am...)

But it's odd that schools in the UK just do not teach anything to do with county geography.

Wait, are we talking about countries or counties?

My mistake bud I put countries instead of counties, you know what I mean though.

I'll correct my error now.

tehpiemaker:

Slayer_2:
Thought it was 53 states, I'm Canadian, so I'm not sure about this, but I always heard 53. Or was it 52? Are you counting Alaska and Hawaii?

Alaska and Hawaii or both counted. It's 50 states, and you could count them if your not sure.

The USA has 50 states and 4 unincorporated territories.

We also have a number of uninhabited islands and stuff like that.

I got 90% which to be honest is good for me. Geography has always been my academic Achilles heel.

I got BLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGG out of %100. The game actually froze when I clicked so much trying to find Minnesota.
Granted I'm not American, at least I got Alaska, Hawaii, Nevada, Texas and California right.

THat said, Damnit America, you've got too many states!

MasterOfWorlds:
I learned all fifty states and capitals when I was in elementary school. Since then, I've forgotten most of the capitals, but I still know all of the states.

Very good, but can you name the capitols of Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Iceland and Finland.
Without using any search engines?

TheMetalGuy:
Very good, but can you name the capitols of Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Iceland and Finland.

I used to know some of the capitals in Europe, but I'm out of practice. I'd probably butcher the spellings even if I did remember them unless I used a search engine.

TheMetalGuy:

MasterOfWorlds:

Oslo, Norway. That's about it.

EDIT: I got 71%. I'm Canadian.

46%. And I'm Canadian. Then again, until I was about 21 I thought New England was a state, so I'm not the best example.

Not american > Dont give a damn.

no but I can name every European: country, large lake, large river, island and a whole lot of other things because my geography teacher was awesome and by awesome I mean worst teacher ever

GundamSentinel:
92%, not bad for a non-American I'd say. I doubt most American can name even one Dutch province.

Welp maybe The Netherlands isn't as prominent in the world's eye, ya think?

From playing Europa Universalis 3, I'd guess it's somewhere in the realm of Holland, Zeeland, Friesland, Utrecht, Gelre, Limburg, Brabant. I'm sure 5 seconds on a google search would teach any of us any of these things anyway. (States, provinces of any country)

On topic: Could have 100% this test 25 years ago.

Not even close to all 50

I don't even know half of the counties of England.

These are all the ones I can remember right now...

I memorised the periodic table though. (Saving face)

Nope. 51%. Fuck. Well then I guess I should take some time to learn them.

Ohio, Utah, New York, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Maine, Kentucky, Nevada, Florida, North Dakota, South Dakota, North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas, Alaska, West Virginia, East Virginia, California, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, Vermont, New Mexico(?), Arizona, Nebraska, Illinois, Idaho, New Jersey, Delaware, Massachusetts,

i've blanked.
and i'm from scotland.

Mr.PlanetEater:

AssassinFisH:
Good luck yanks, I can't even tell you how many countys are in England, but I know its a sh*t load less than 50!

There is only country in England, it's called England. However if you meant Great Britain then their are two countries (England and Scotland), if you meant the UK then there are four I believe (England, Scotland, Wales, and North Ireland.)

I got 99% because I was trying to click Delaware, but because its one of those super tiny states I accidentally slipped and clicked New Jersey. -_-;

he said counties. thats like the Lake District etc. thanks for NJ and Delaware. i hate those bastarding tiny states.

I learned Kansas was a state from the last Loading Ready Run, but I do know all the 10 provinces and 3 territories.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here