54% (347)
No
24% (154)
24% (154)
Girl you know I-I-I, Birthday sex oohoohoohooh
21.3% (137)
21.3% (137)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Asking for a kiss on your birthday.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

That's what i ask for for my birthday. No one ever gives though :(

Phasmal:
A simple conversation of `I like you, do you like me/will you go out with me?` would probably save a lot of hassle.

So you switch it from an innocent birthday kiss to putting her on the spot requesting a relationship, unless she has already firmly decided that is what she wants it will backfire something fierce.
And there is no "I was just kidding" option in that scenario.

EDIT: Also, this isn't the middle ages, loads of women make the first move.

Oh yes the number is much higher then in the middle ages, it is probably up to a full 1%

Are you good friends?

I mean, shit, I kiss my friends all the time. Only restrictions I have is they have to be single and its gotta be a friend kiss. Just ask with a jokey tone and smile, it'll be fine.

Cheshire the Cat:
Yup, because nothing turns girls on like desperate and subtly manipulative attempts to guilt em into physical contact.
It will go badly for you brother. Just ask the chick out like a man.

Exactly this. Just ask the girl out sometime after your birthday like a normal person. Asking for a kiss at a moment like that will make things awkward, so don't do it. Seriously, just don't.

Do what you want, when you want, and damn the consequences.

Mr.K.:

Phasmal:
A simple conversation of `I like you, do you like me/will you go out with me?` would probably save a lot of hassle.

So you switch it from an innocent birthday kiss to putting her on the spot requesting a relationship, unless she has already firmly decided that is what she wants it will backfire something fierce.
And there is no "I was just kidding" option in that scenario.

She already knows he likes her.
I seriously doubt `I was kidding` will work if she's freaked out.
Speaking from experience, its better when a guy is honest with his feelings instead of `subtly` trying to get with her.

lol, i dont eaven tell people when my birthday is... im a sad sob...

Knows you like her and you spent time together that others called a date but you're both adamant it wasn't?

I'd say don't bother seems like she's put up the friend shield

if there's a pause after you ask just laugh and say " only joking!", GUARANTEE "get out of awkward situation free card"

Maxtro:
My birthday is next week and I'm getting old :(

Anyways, I'm going to be spending time with a female friend that knows I like her. What's between us is complicated and I'm not going to get into it here.

I'll just say that were pretty good friends, and I spent the day with her last week on what some people would call a date, but wasn't really.

I'm thinking about jokingly asking her for a kiss. I'm pretty sure she'll say no, but it's still worth a shot and I can play it off as being innocent yet still flirty.

Good idea, terrible idea?

Anybody done something like it before?

Edit: Added more detail

Go for it, bro. And if you think it's a bad idea, remember this: That's all in your head. It's all mental. Sometimes, you have to shoot your mind in the face and go with your gut feeling.

Seems like a bad idea, but I guess if you're really set on it then you may as well go for it.

If you have to ask people online so they can convince you it's not as bad of an idea as you really, deep down, know it is, you shouldn't do it.

Phasmal:
Speaking from experience, its better when a guy is honest with his feelings instead of `subtly` trying to get with her.

Really now :D
You prefer it when the guy skips the flirting part and just drops the love bomb demanding a response?

Shoot to thrill. I say so for it. I would.

Dude, if a single guy and a single girl keep seeing each other in "date-like" situations and they're not confirmed childhood friends, something is always up. They're either into each other and just a little gun-shy, or only one of them is and the other knows. Because the situation that she isn't into you and she believes you are not into her - that doesn't happen. Unless you are said childhood friends. Guys and girls of sexual active age don't just get together as platonic friends. They LAND there. Either because they're both gun-shy for too long or because eventually the unlucky one gets shot down (or lands voluntarily).

You said she "knows". Well, depending on what she really "knows" and what you just think she does, you're likely preparing to get shot down. Which is cool. If she doesn't want you by now, she won't in the forseeable future. Making a move won't spoil anything. I know this is often a fear in these situations. You'll save yourself a lot of heart-ache getting shot down now, instead of landing, i.e. finally giving up in a few years.

Asking for a birthday kiss is sweet, if you sell it right. If she's not into you, it'll make for less awkwardness than asking her out on a date - which you'd have to be pretty straightforward about after having been on these "not dates". In which case she'd have to be pretty straightforward about not going further.

double post

Don't. It will make you look pathetic. Instead, ask her if she'd like to spend that day with you. Go eat some ice-cream or a cake and go for a drink. If you show her that you're willing to spend your birthday with just her, she has to feel a bit special. It's your best bet to get her IMO.

Nope. No no no no no no, noooooooo.

Yes, at a party, if you're both drunk and you want some fun. No, if you there's even a slight chance that you want this to pan out in the future. Otherwise, it's just a moment that will suck the romance out of all the similiar future moments.

Ask her out, or leave it be.
Alternatively, hire a hooker. Oh right, they don't guess on the lips do they?

6_Qubed:
I am, however, learning that CHA may not have been my dump stat this whole time.

Best Nerdy gamer quote i've seen all week! and go for it, you've got nothing to lose and everything to gain... and go for birthday sex if it leads to it, but don't push her too far if she agrees and you two end up making out like two horny teenagers on your couch

No one that attractive in my neighborhood. Lucky u

Mr.K.:

Phasmal:

Really now :D
You prefer it when the guy skips the flirting part and just drops the love bomb demanding a response?

Haha, asking someone on a date isn't the same as demanding a relationship and declaring undying love.
EDIT: But yes, cause then if they're a creep they can go away :)

Well I there's a high chance this will end in anything but a few seconds of awkward silence, but then again she is your friend and it's not like she'll hate you forever over a poorly thought out joke. For example:

Female friend: "what do you want for your birthday?"
Guy (somewhat sarcastic): "I want you to kiss me."
Girl: "EWWW I HATE YOU FOREVER NOW GO AWAY!"

Doesn't seem realistic does it? Just go for it. She might even like that you had the nerve to ask her.

Phasmal:
Haha, asking someone on a date isn't the same as demanding a relationship and declaring undying love.

We are past the asking out thing, now I'm just poking fun in your silliness.

You said it's better when a guy is honest with his feelings instead of a subtle approach, that directly translates to professing undying love is better then flirting.
That wouldn't even ring true in Neverland on opposite day with fairy dust on top and three talking donkeys in the mix.

Mr.K.:

Phasmal:

We are past the asking out thing, now I'm just poking fun in your silliness.

You said it's better when a guy is honest with his feelings instead of a subtle approach, that directly translates to professing undying love is better then flirting.
That wouldn't even ring true in Neverland on opposite day with fairy dust on top and three talking donkeys in the mix.

His feelings being that he wants to go out with her. And asking someone for a kiss isnt flirting, really, is it?
And you can keep your poking fun out of my silliness if you dont mind.
Point being- whats wrong with just asking the poor girl out?

I just can't picture this situation in my head, in a way that doesn't end awkwardly, considering she knows you like her, and haven't returned that...

If it had been someone who might have a thing for you, but was too shy or insecure to take the first step, this could work.

But hey, if you try and it works, it might just be your lucky day, so try asking for a blowjob afterwards, then if that works out as well, the true test of your luck would be asking her to make you a sandwich...

I would say no, but saying yes will not hurt anything.

Phasmal:
His feelings being that he wants to go out with her. And asking someone for a kiss isnt flirting, really, is it?
And you can keep your poking fun out of my silliness if you dont mind.
Point being- whats wrong with just asking the poor girl out?

Party pooper.
In what universe is asking for a kiss not flirting?
Asking for a date is immediately a demand for a romantic relationship, a big and dangerous step for any friendship, people will usually scare away on the daunting idea alone.

get really drunk, and move into kiss her. if she freaks about it, the next day, tell her you were drunk, and didn't know what you were doing. If she goes for it then win!!! Worse thing that will happen if you'll have a laughable story. She might say something like, "i remember when you got really drunk and tried to kiss me." Of course, you'll deny remembering this, since you were too drunk to remember lol

InsipidMadness:
You gotta' risk it to get the biscuit.

That is the awesomest thing I've read tonight, good sir.

Maxtro:
My birthday is next week and I'm getting old :(

Anyways, I'm going to be spending time with a female friend that knows I like her. What's between us is complicated and I'm not going to get into it here.

I'll just say that were pretty good friends, and I spent the day with her last week on what some people would call a date, but wasn't really.

I'm thinking about jokingly asking her for a kiss. I'm pretty sure she'll say no, but it's still worth a shot and I can play it off as being innocent yet still flirty.

Good idea, terrible idea?

Anybody done something like it before?

Edit: Added more detail

Bottom line, girls like guys with balls. Every girl. Don't ask us if you are allowed to kiss us, that is not sexy. If you feel chemistry with her, take the initiative and really kiss her. Worst thing that happens is she'll tell you she doesn't think it's a good idea (she's a friend, she probably won't slap you or anything, she has definitely thought about it happening anyways). Best case scenario, she digs the manliness of the action and kisses you back, or more.

DarthScorpio11:
get really drunk, and move into kiss her. if she freaks about it, the next day, tell her you were drunk, and didn't know what you were doing. If she goes for it then win!!! Worse thing that will happen if you'll have a laughable story. She might say something like, "i remember when you got really drunk and tried to kiss me." Of course, you'll deny remembering this, since you were too drunk to remember lol

I disagree, as a girl I think it's pretty confusing when a guy friend pulls something like this. Because, if the case is that the girl likes you back, she may think you were only kissing her because you were drunk (and drunk kisses are always messy, everyone is a better kisser while sober) and thus not get that you had any intention to take it further or that you liked her back.

Kisses are extremely easy to get and give. If you aren't making out with a girl the first day she opens up to you, you are doing something wrong.

I went to a bar the other day and got kissed by over three people, two girls and a guy. Your request is reasonable as long as you are out of high school.

On second thought, don't ask for a kiss, that might creep her out. Ask her out you pansy, or at least smooth talk her into giving you a kiss rather than asking directly like some self-diagnosed assburgers patient.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked