My Sister Loves Making Me Look Bad

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Well, that's unfortunate. Want me to come over and call her a few names?

I'm sorry to hear that. How can I help?

Welcome to a life with an older sister. Let us join hands and share the pain.

That sounds like she had legitimate to yell at you. It probably had nothing to do with whether your friends were there or not. And to be honest, brothers/sisters always call each other names, don't get bent outta shape over it.

SomeLameStuff:

As an older sister, allow me to apologize for any pain caused.

Oh and to congratulate you on being a younger sibling and thus getting extra priviliges. :(

Have you tried insulting her back? It's good fun.

see both my younger sisters did that to me, when i lived at home. Especially to my girlfriends and stuff.

how about you close the goddamn porch door

Ok... "you left the door open, you idiot," is barely offensive at all, and if that's the worst your sister does then if anything you should consider yourself lucky. Plenty of siblings do much worse things than call you an idiot.

I also really don't think any of your friends who heard that will care in the slightest, so what's the big deal?

Do something to embarrass her back. She's nineteen....do the truffle shuffle when one of her friends is over and she'll probably leave you alone after that.

I'm glad I have 2 brothers who are very respectful and understanding; really, we're lucky kids, our relationships are awesome.

My brother is evil, so count yourself lucky. Just call your sister a fucking bitch.

RedMore Trout:
And to be honest, brothers/sisters always call each other names, don't get bent outta shape over it.

True. I call my sister "fatty, fatty, hamburger patty", it's nothing to get worked up over, OP.

revenge is easy. I had to pick up my sister for work once and she was waiting outside with other people she worked with. When I got there I said "Amy! Yooohooooo!! and waved with both hands. Try that.

I can do 2 things, i can sleep with her and chill her out...or she can vanish. You pick. nah jk...just ignore her, shes doing what siblings do best, be evil

That's the duty of an older sister.

The proposed psychology behind it is. That girls often seek male approval and acceptance, while they rely on mothers for support.

While you are a male, you aren't older than her. So to her minds eye, you are a target for abuse. Since she does not seek any sort of approval or acceptance, she wants you to approve and accept her.

The way she does this is through fear and terror. Similar to Hitler's tactics. Yes, your sister is Hitler incarnate. I suggest you take her to the nearest goat. (If you know the story behind Hitler and the goat, your chances of finding that funny are dramatically increased.)

But basically, her mind knows that if you were older, she'd look up to you, but because you aren't she MAKES you look up to her. Compensating if you will.

No way of fixing it in this situation, deal with it.

DarthScorpio11:
Everytime a friend or someone comes over over, my sister loved calling me out, and insulting me for any and whatever reason. For instance, a friend came over, and apparently the door to the porch was a little open, and the dog was on the lawn. So, my sister, who is 19, barges into the room, and shouts, "you left the door open, you idiot," in front of everyone. :(

So yeah, how old are you?

I don't want to attack you, I'm merely curious, I happen to have an older sister, she is 6 years older than me, so I can relate to what you're going through, and honestly? it does get better, at some point. Either that or you get to a point where you can ignore it. The best thing to do is do your best, and when your sister tries to egg you on, do your best to ignore it. Funny story, other people can usually tell when someone is being a jerk only slightly less fast than you can. Assuming 'normal' family dynamics work out, in about 10 years you'll look back on this and laugh at yourself because your now decade older self loves your sister.

Time is a sucky remedy when you're young, but it works.

Nimcha:

SomeLameStuff:

As an older sister, allow me to apologize for any pain caused.

Oh and to congratulate you on being a younger sibling and thus getting extra priviliges. :(

Extra priviliges like washing up, sweeping the floor, making the beds, doing laundry, getting stuff for dad when he forgets something and picking white hair from mom's head so she doesn't look that old?

Feel free to take those priviliges!

Just throw some really vulgar/perverted insults back.

Unless she has dirt on you then back away from that sort of stuff.

Call her a stupid bitch and call her out when her friends are around. Either that or pretend she doesn't exist.

Buy some crabs eggs. Sprinkle them in her pants drawer. Won't solve the problem, but it's hard to make someone look bad while scratching your crotch.

I know how you feel. Just be satsified by the fact that one day, they'll work for us.

Tell her..?
I mean, if it makes you feel bad, I'd assume that she isn't aware of it.
If you just tell her that you get upset when she does that, that ought to get you a long way.

Also, is this ONLY when you have friends over or is it verbal abuse in general?

If it's only when your friends are around, I'd say that she feels insecure about talking to you in front of company that she is not acquainted with. An honest talk should clear it out, more or less.

If it's a constant barrage of verbal abuse, no matter the situation, I would recommend you talk to your parents about the whole thing and see if it can be solved with parental guidance.

If she makes you feel depressed then you should take this matter fairly seriously, otherwise this could damage your relationship with your sister.

TL;DR
TALK IT OUT

SomeLameStuff:

You think you have it bad? Try a twin.

Easy. Get something on her. That's how I got through middle school.

I also have an older sister who can be a pain in the ass. But instead of making a thread on the Escapist, I threaten the bitch. We get along fine most of the time, but whenever she gives me an attitude or decides to insult me, it better be something that justifies raging over. If its something petty, shes usually running to her room shortly after.

So the solution to your problem: Hit a chick.

I suppose you could always introduce her as your hoe : P. Depends how you feel on pimping out your sister for revenge. Or put up lost dog posters with her picture on them all around where you live.

I fought and argued and called names with my little brother so just find something shes scared of or repulses her and use it to your advantage to scare her off.

I read the title and immediately thought "Who's sister doesn't?"

This is not news.

Sister problems, huh?

Don't worry, I know a guy. He does good work.

SomeLameStuff:

My life with my older sister was quite pleasant! We've never fought, never sought to hurt each other, never scrambled over our parents affections and genuinely like each other.

Punch her in the neck? Or wait till she has a friend over and walk in with her underwear saying "mom said she isn't gonna wash your skid marks, do it yourself" then punch her in the neck.

Kasurami:
Sister problems, huh?

Don't worry, I know a guy. He does good work.

Stop flaunting your mob connections! >.<

SomeLameStuff:

Amen, brother. That's what a sibling does.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked