Where's the Love for Russ?

Pages PREV 1 2

[The]Rock:

Tselis:
...sooo, does it say something bad about me that the first thing I thought was 'So, from Pitts to Butts, huh?'.

depends on how sesitive they are too it.

if they are, you're screwed bud. if not then all is happy!

Ah, I detect the unmistakable whiff of truth about your statement.

Well, he will be missed. He was up there with Furburt and Hub....in terms of fame here!

Tselis:

[The]Rock:

Tselis:
...sooo, does it say something bad about me that the first thing I thought was 'So, from Pitts to Butts, huh?'.

uh-oh, this ain't gonna end well

[The]Rock:

Tselis:

[The]Rock:

Hhmm. I wonder if that takes us back to my original statement?

I have no idea who this person is, that's why.

Tselis:

[The]Rock:

Tselis:

Some people are just a bit more sensitive about certain things than other people.

If you're indifferent, then it's your own opinion.

It probably didn't cause as much of an uproar as the EC guys leaving because he left on good terms.

Also; I hope his future will be bright and colorful.

[The]Rock:

Tselis:

[The]Rock:

Some people are just a bit more sensitive about certain things than other people.

I'm indefferent personally, but my husband's wicked sense of humor seems to have tinted (tainted?) my view of some things. Which takes me back to the original question, does it say something bad about me that their names were the first thing that I noticed? :)

Tselis:

[The]Rock:

Tselis:

I'm indefferent personally, but my husband's wicked sense of humor seems to have tinted (tainted?) my view of some things. Which takes me back to the original question, does it say something bad about me that their names were the first thing that I noticed? :)

I don't know dude, if anybody finds their (Russ et Steve) names funny then that's their own preference (although, many people don't just say it on a dedications thread)

Russ and Steve, no, Mr. Pitts and Mr. Butts, now there is some innuendo.

EDIT: Oh, btw, I'm a chick, not a dude.

PeePantz:

Susan Arendt:

PeePantz:
As most know (actually, I'm sure most don't), Russ Pitts has departed from the Escapist. This is huge news here. Huge. Compared to something larger (I get that it's a small community and that the Escapist doesn't help shape the world), it'd be like a president or prime minister stepping down. Despite this, there hasn't been an uproar or a bunch of threads about this. All we know is that he will take time off and pursue other ventures. Oh, and welcome new head man, Steve Butts.

Russ Pitts had brought this site to the top of the mountain and went out with a small peep. Hell, his announcement is buried below huge ads and more "important stories" like sexy Mass Effect statues. I'd expect there to be a huge deal with the story dominating the top of the site, accompanied by thank you letters and reflection stories.

I feel like this is being buried and I really would like to know why, and what led to his departure.

Thoughts, fellow Escapists?

I'm sure if Russ wanted a bigger deal making out of it, he could have made it happen.

Um...http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/editors_note/9107-Goodbye-is-Still-Goodbye

Upon entering the site, where exactly is it located? That was announced only yesterday, yet stories that were also announced yesterday (like the NASA one) are presented larger and higher up. Well this might be due to the posting time of the stories, I feel an exception should be made. The departure letter is much more important to this community and I feel that it is puzzling why it isn't getting more attention. Critical Miss has been made a bigger feature, yet the man who brought that here is shooed below.

Look at the mass uproar over EC leaving (i know it was juicier) and the responses to Yahtzee every week, this story, in relation, has just been glossed over.

PeePantz:

Susan Arendt:

PeePantz:
As most know (actually, I'm sure most don't), Russ Pitts has departed from the Escapist. This is huge news here. Huge. Compared to something larger (I get that it's a small community and that the Escapist doesn't help shape the world), it'd be like a president or prime minister stepping down. Despite this, there hasn't been an uproar or a bunch of threads about this. All we know is that he will take time off and pursue other ventures. Oh, and welcome new head man, Steve Butts.

Russ Pitts had brought this site to the top of the mountain and went out with a small peep. Hell, his announcement is buried below huge ads and more "important stories" like sexy Mass Effect statues. I'd expect there to be a huge deal with the story dominating the top of the site, accompanied by thank you letters and reflection stories.

I feel like this is being buried and I really would like to know why, and what led to his departure.

Um...http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/editors_note/9107-Goodbye-is-Still-Goodbye

Upon entering the site, where exactly is it located? That was announced only yesterday, yet stories that were also announced yesterday (like the NASA one) are presented larger and higher up. Well this might be due to the posting time of the stories, I feel an exception should be made. The departure letter is much more important to this community and I feel that it is puzzling why it isn't getting more attention. Critical Miss has been made a bigger feature, yet the man who brought that here is shooed below.

Look at the mass uproar over EC leaving (i know it was juicier) and the responses to Yahtzee every week, this story, in relation, has just been glossed over.

I'm sure if Russ wanted a big deal making of his departure, as ex editor in chief he could have made it happen. sometimes people just want to move on

Mr Ink 5000:
I'm sure if Russ wanted a big deal making of his departure, as ex editor in chief he could have made it happen. sometimes people just want to move on

He definitely made the class move by bowing out like he did, however it wasn't his place to make a stir or big deal, and I'm sure he knows it. If he made it a point to make a big hoopla out of the matter, it most likely have left a sour taste in many mouths, most notably, his coworkers.

I do feel that it solely relies on us to make a big deal about this and possibly have some open ended letters thanking him for his work.

Breaker deGodot:

J03bot:
A lot of the more vocal forum members during what I guess you'd term the mountain climbing have since left and/or been banned. There's no-one left here from those days, and hence no-one to really comment on it.
Ah well. Shame to see him go, but if he wants to move on, good for him. And change is usually good.

Time for a n00b question. What do you mean by the "mountain climbing"?

OP suggested Mr. Pitts had brought the escapist to the top of the mountain. So the mountain climbing is everything leading up to that point. Basically the 'site until about halfway through last year.

Susan Arendt:

PeePantz:

I have an incurable itch to report your post for low content, just for the irony of it.

OT: Dude, theres an entire fucking news post with a comments section where just about every single person on the earth as expressed their best wishes. Three times. Thats a lot of comments.

What do you want me to do? Fall on the ground, cursing the heavens for Gods cruelty, weeping over Russ Pitts now deserted account? Did you expect the entire website to crash under the collective sorrow of the universe? To put it frankly, did you expect any bigger reaction from a bunch of users who have no fucking idea what the fuck Russ does or who he is because most of his work takes place behind the scenes?

Thanks for the concern folks, but don't cry for me Escape-a-tina. It is as it should be.

Whatever I accomplished here, I did it as part of a team, and now it's up to them to carry it on without me. It wouldn't have felt right to me to try and make it all about myself. Leaving is hard enough ;)

But hey, if you want to go all giggly and screamy about the whole thing, I won't stop you. But you're not hurting my feelings by not doing so.

And yeah, all of the well-wishes and kind words on the Editor's Note have been much appreciated and very humbling. Thanks to all (Even those of you who don't know who I am)

Russ is gone? Why was I not informed?!

'He looked out over the remains of what was all he knew, ready to face the unknown, he saluted as a single tear streamed down his face. Slowly he turned, and walking towards his future, he held out one solitary hand and made a finger gun "boom", he said as he smiled thoughtfully upon the fond memories of his past life.'

Well, that's my sentiment (my own work, written in the moment).

See ya boss
/fingergun to you too sir
[The]Rock

#COPIED FROM ANOTHER POST I MADE#

There's nothing we can do.

We can say our salutes and our thanks, and hope we get a leader as good.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked